tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 233.
#10151 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The Tron ramps are unfortunately unobtainium.

I was going to say the same thing. I've been looking for a set to have on hand, just in case the worst happens and a ramp cracks. But they very rarely come up. And when they do, they aren't cheap.

#10152 3 years ago

If the dude actually gets 20k for the LE I may have to leave the club.

#10153 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Mezel Mods used to sell target splints, to keep those targets aligned properly. Invaluable on Tron because they get whacked pretty hard.
The Tron ramps are unfortunately unobtainium.

Didn't know this! Lucky I have an extra set of new LE ramps in storage.

#10154 3 years ago

What’s the going rate for Tron ramps atm?

#10155 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

If you can find them.

#10156 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

If you can find them.

You cant

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

but ... literally two quotes above.

Quoted from snaroff:

I have an extra set of new LE ramps in storage.

I'm sure if you offered silly money you could make Snaroff happy.

#10159 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

but ... literally two quotes above.

I'm sure if you offered silly money you could make Snaroff happy.

If someone offered me silly $$$ I could possibly as well.

17B37DFC-DD30-493B-A826-88BA6046A432 (resized).jpeg17B37DFC-DD30-493B-A826-88BA6046A432 (resized).jpeg9D697A01-7905-4809-BDAF-D914926D5CAA (resized).jpeg9D697A01-7905-4809-BDAF-D914926D5CAA (resized).jpeg
#10160 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

If someone offered me silly $$$ I could possibly as well. [quoted image][quoted image]

I planned to hold this forever for the right offer I could be moved.

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ugly twins. No offense, but not feelings the funky two-tone armor/legs (especially on an LE).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this. The two-tone look is horrible in my opinion.

#10162 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this. The two-tone look is horrible in my opinion.

I won't say 'horrible' because I think that's a bit......rude... But I'm not a fan either. The good thing about this hobby is that we can do whatever makes us happy and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Some powdercoated armor/legs isn't a big deal IMO and is something that can be undone at any point.

#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I planned to hold this forever for the right offer I could be moved.

..or you could see if there's a way to replicate the vaccum forming mold from your NOS ramps, increase in some cases the slotted holes and tolerances when replicating those ramps, and make a lot of brothers happy by selling them tons of new sets at a fair price!

There's definitely a market for this, as most ramps I've seen on games show either some missing corners or stress crackling around the holes..

#10164 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

..or you could see if there's a way to replicate the vaccum forming mold from your NOS ramps, increase in some cases the slotted holes and tolerances when replicating those ramps, and make a lot of brothers happy by selling them tons of new sets at a fair price!
There's definitely a market for this, as most ramps I've seen on games show either some missing corners or stress crackling around the holes..

That’s beyond my skill set and a bigger project than I can take on. If someone else wants to run with it I’m all ears.

#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I bought it the way it came. It’s a good thing I have the original chrome also.

#10166 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

<blockquote

That’s beyond my skill set and a bigger project than I can take on. If someone else wants to run with it I’m all ears.

Freeplay40

Quoted from athenspin:

If someone offered me silly $$$ I could possibly as well. [quoted image][quoted image]

athenspin
Freeplay40 could you guys maybe work together to get some new Tron ramps made?

#10167 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I bought it the way it came. It’s a good thing I have the original chrome also.

I wish I had an extra set of metal to go have powdercoated. I don't really want to have my game down while I do the powdercoating. Alas I may have no choice. I'm not terribly in love with the green armor on my Metallica Premium but that won't look good on any of my other Sterns either (Tron, Black Knight Sword of Rage) so I'm just kinda...stuck for now. I don't want any of them down while I mess with all of this. I'd really like to try purple on Tron, though. I think it would play nicely with the TRON lights. Blue or orange would be fine too, but I'm not in love with either, personally.

#10168 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Freeplay40

athenspin

I messaged freeplay about possibly reproducing the ramp and offered to provide mine for the mold. I guess we wait and see what he says.

#10169 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I messaged freeplay about possibly reproducing the ramp and offered to provide mine for the mold. I guess we wait and see what he says.

Chosen_S
That's great, and much appreciated! I had done a quick search and found the same pinsiders, lol. There's a few more that have done some ramps in the past, I'll pm them.

The idea thou would be to protect the NOS parts at all cost, can be done with some release agent and extra care. I have seen in the past someone doing a silicon mold first, then pouring in whatever he needed to make the vaccum forming shape. It does take practice!

One can dream of getting molded parts, a CNC cutter would be used to cut out the ramps and the holes. Some guys would probably do it at their end, tolerances may be a bit different from one machine to another.

#10170 2 years ago

athenspin
Thanks for considering having someone try to reproduce this man, you're a true Tron lover!

#10172 2 years ago

Looks like a Tron LE sold for 25k US. This hobby is getting nuts!

#10173 2 years ago

Pinball Life appear to have at least one left LE ramp in stock:
https://www.pinballlife.com/tron-le-left-ramp.html

Haven't seen the right ramp for sale for quite some time.

#10174 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Looks like a Tron LE sold for 25k US. This hobby is getting nuts!

Did it sell, or was the ad just pulled? I'm always weary of whatever I see on eBay, Kijiji or Craigslist.

#10175 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Did it sell, or was the ad just pulled? I'm always weary of whatever I see on eBay, Kijiji or Craigslist.

It sold, got confirmation and was bought full price on the buy it now option.

#10176 2 years ago

Quorra mod, 3d printed in resin. Hand painted.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#10177 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Unfortunate for anyone looking to buy, but it makes sense. PotC CE and GnR CE are already at those prices and those are much easier to find than a nice Tron LE.

#10178 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

This is correct. She is going to a great home though. She will be missed

#10179 2 years ago

Fatrain, did you sell it? Maybe it is time for me to put mine up. That is some serious coin.

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Crazy, absolutely crazy..! I get it's number 1 made, but still..

#10181 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

athenspin
Thanks for considering having someone try to reproduce this man, you're a true Tron lover!

Hopefully we can get it done!

#10182 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Hopefully we can get it done!

If it works out, I'll ask Les Manley to make you my santee next Christmas!!

#10183 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:Freeplay40

athenspin

freeplay already responded.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

My plate is very full at the moment, so not really considering anything seriously until I get through the Comet, Radical and Demo Man pieces...might slip in some others.
As far as patents on ramps, generally the ramp itself can be reproduced without issue, but the art work is protected by the license holder. Some vacuum pieces are considered artwork themselves, like the Lizard Head in Grand Lizard.

#10184 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Crazy, absolutely crazy..! I get it's number 1 made, but still..

Was it “#1” or was it just “1 of 400”? I read it the latter way. If so, uh, I’d definitely sell my LE, too.

—Donnie

#10185 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Was it “#1” or was it just “1 of 400”? I read it the latter way. If so, uh, I’d definitely sell my LE, too.
—Donnie

1 of 400, lol, still puts your LE at great value!

Tron, as we know too well, is a very sought after game. Not the best game, not the deepest code, not even the best art package.

But you fire up a Tron, it brings something, doesn't it?

Then again, anything is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it at that moment!

#10186 2 years ago

Holy crap. $25000.... For an LE

#10187 2 years ago

Hey Tron folks, I have been trying to find a ramp kit, and from what I gather the Eli kit is no longer and now the best solution is the total Light show? However It appears that TimeBandit account it no longer?

#10188 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

1 of 400, lol, still puts your LE at great value!
Tron, as we know too well, is a very sought after game. Not the best game, not the deepest code, not even the best art package.
But you fire up a Tron, it brings something, doesn't it?
Then again, anything is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it at that moment!

Sure, I’m just trying to get the data straight. Mostly because I have an HUO single owner non-smoking nicely modded Tron LE myself and if they’re going for $20k+, I’m a seller. If, however, it only went for $25k because it’s “#1” and other numbers are valued WAY less, well, I’m maybe not.

—Donnie

#10189 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:Hey Tron folks, I have been trying to find a ramp kit, and from what I gather the Eli kit is no longer and now the best solution is the total Light show? However It appears that TimeBandit account it no longer?

timebandit was MIA for over a year, then came back for a few days then went mia...so he may have some kits when he has some time. Sounded like he had some stuff but was waiting on some boards or parts to come in... :shrug: that OR the kit available today is the pinduino https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-arduino-shield-propin-pinhead

#10190 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Sure, I’m just trying to get the data straight. Mostly because I have an HUO single owner non-smoking nicely modded Tron LE myself and if they’re going for $20k+, I’m a seller. If, however, it only went for $25k because it’s “#1” and other numbers are valued WAY less, well, I’m maybe not.
—Donnie

Sorry mate, even a nicely modded Tron LE will not get anywhere those numbers, IMO. Yes, the market has been crazy, but that one was different, e.g. that numbered plate would have played a big role!

On the US side, I would check average selling prices on Pinside's Market, while knowing that you may get more $$ selling elsewhere. Other pinsiders can chime in with how much a Tron LE goes for nowadays.

#10191 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

—Donnie

Same here - single owner, 2015 box opening, 200ish plays, nice mods. Would I trade it for GnR CE + $5k - NO! Would I trade it for PotC LE + $5k - NO! Straight $25k cash - maybe, but I’d still have days where I would regret it.

#10192 2 years ago

No brainer @ 25k...and I'll throw in a brand new set of ramps (even though the original ramps are flawless

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249

Will be interesting to see if it sells!

#10193 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No brainer @ 25k...and I'll throw in a brand new set of ramps (even though the original ramps are flawless
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249
Will be interesting to see if it sells!

Add a forum topic! I want to see the chatter!

#10194 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Add a forum topic! I want to see the chatter!

Me too I think it already is a forum topic...delt31 already posted after I bumped it.

#10195 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Me too I think it already is a forum topic...delt31 already posted after I bumped it.

Yep - see it now. For some reason I didn't see it in the Market listing at first.

#10196 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

—Donnie

It was not #1

#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Sorry mate, even a nicely modded Tron LE will not get anywhere those numbers, IMO. Yes, the market has been crazy, but that one was different, e.g. that numbered plate would have played a big role!
On the US side, I would check average selling prices on Pinside's Market, while knowing that you may get more $$ selling elsewhere. Other pinsiders can chime in with how much a Tron LE goes for nowadays.

As you can see from the post just above this, it was NOT #1 and supposedly *did* get $25k. So, uh, seems like you’re wrong. There was at least one buyer for a normal Tron LE at $25k, anyway.

—Donnie

#10198 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

As you can see from the post just above this, it was NOT #1 and supposedly *did* get $25k. So, uh, seems like you’re wrong. There was at least one buyer for a normal Tron LE at $25k, anyway.
—Donnie

Ok, I stand corrected, interesting!

#10199 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Ok, I stand corrected.

I certainly don't think 25k is now the going rate. But obviously it CAN go for that kind of money which is just nuts. I'd certainly be fishing if mine weren't a pro, just because I think that kind of money for a pin is silly and I don't think it will by ANY means 'hold' that sort of value (jmo).

#10200 2 years ago

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I’ve never owned or updated the sound/ROM package on a SAM/Whitestar Stern, but am picking up a Tron in a few days and keen to try out the sound packages people have created. This thread is enormous so unsure where to start.

Really keen to find this one:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.