IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 233.
#10201 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
I’ve never owned or updated the sound/ROM package on a SAM/Whitestar Stern, but am picking up a Tron in a few days and keen to try out the sound packages people have created. This thread is enormous so unsure where to start.
Really keen to find this one:

I don't think this is the one McSirTuna uses but I have this one installed on mine and really like it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd

#10202 2 years ago

Thanks!

#10203 2 years ago

I have a feeling I know the answer, but anyone know where to source an arcade mod? It would appear they are dunzo... but for some reason I remember seeing a DIY version somewhere using a 3d Printer (which I have). Cheers

#10204 2 years ago

Did you guys ever group by the blue and yellow colored plastic pieces over the inlanes? I am in if there is a set available.

#10205 2 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Did you guys ever group by the blue and yellow colored plastic pieces over the inlanes? I am in if there is a set available.

Yes we did, I'm collecting this week

#10206 2 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Me as well

#10207 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yes we did, I'm collecting this week

Sweet so this is happening now?

#10208 2 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Sweet so this is happening now?

Can you post a list of everyone who is in?

#10209 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I have a feeling I know the answer, but anyone know where to source an arcade mod? It would appear they are dunzo... but for some reason I remember seeing a DIY version somewhere using a 3d Printer (which I have). Cheers

Reach out to pinballlooking to see if/when they'll be doing another run.

My replacement arrived today and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it back. It was dead (and basically destroyed) when I bought my machine. They took care of me to get a new one. Hands down the BEST mod I've ever used.

PXL_20210503_191406697.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210503_191406697.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210503_204803066 (resized).jpgPXL_20210503_204803066 (resized).jpg
#10210 2 years ago

to anyone, if your tron arcade mode goes out, it is likely a bad solder joint at one of the connections in/near the mod. When I pulled my dead/flakey one out I used the official data cable and it worked great. Just remade the harness and it was good to go. So if you are somewhat handy you can fix it yourself. Just make sure to take pics and know which way it plugs back in as there is no key on the 4 pin connector.

#10211 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just make sure to take pics and know which way it plugs back in as there is no key on the 4 pin connector.

Solid advice, as I had to learn the hard way, lol

#10212 2 years ago

Mine was trashed in every way imaginable. Hot glue EVERYWHERE, didn't work, just completely busted. I don't think there was any saving any of it.

#10213 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Reach out to pinballlooking to see if/when they'll be doing another run.
My replacement arrived today and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it back. It was dead (and basically destroyed) when I bought my machine. They took care of me to get a new one. Hands down the BEST mod I've ever used.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic mod. Love the arcade mod on mine too. Mine works fine, but about half the time I have to reach inside the cab and just gently move the wires that run to the mod. Then the mod comes alive. Clearly a loose connection? But the odd thing is, it never fails during play once it’s on. It’s either on or off, and it stays on and never flickers or loses power during play. Strange. If these get remade with solid power supply connections, they should sell like warm griddle cakes.

#10214 2 years ago

Mine was trashed in every way imaginable. Hot glue EVERYWHERE, didn't work, just completely busted. I don't think there was any saving any of it.

Idk sounds like a normal one. They were hand made and hot glued together etc

#10215 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Idk sounds like a normal one. They were hand made and hot glued together etc

They seemed surprised by how....rough.. Mine was. It was bad. I highly doubt that was normal lol

#10216 2 years ago

They seemed surprised by how....rough.. Mine was. It was bad. I highly doubt that was normal lol

Maybe it was redone by someone then? Weird, I haven’t seen too many in person.

Do you still have it? I forgot someone a few pages back said they had one broken.

#10217 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Maybe it was redone by someone then? Weird, I haven’t seen too many in person.
Do you still have it? I forgot someone a few pages back said they had one broken.

I shipped it back in hopes that something could be salvaged from it to repair it. But I think what I ended up getting was completely new. It was a mess.

#10218 2 years ago

I shipped it back in hopes that something could be salvaged from it to repair it. But I think what I ended up getting was completely new. It was a mess.

Ah, nice rhat you got a new one. It is a super cool mod that like heated seats in your car. Once you have it, can’t live without it

#10219 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah, nice rhat you got a new one. It is a super cool mod that like heated seats in your car. Once you have it, can’t live without it

It was hard to look at that open void -- without even the dead arcade I had been used to -- while it was away! It's such a great mod!

#10220 2 years ago

Arrrrrgh. SO close to Portal! The one mode I usually complete every time. I couldn’t finish it. I love how this is just barely out of reach. Once I reach Portal will it still be a challenge?

88559B4F-A299-4658-AB18-B0796D9BC767 (resized).jpeg88559B4F-A299-4658-AB18-B0796D9BC767 (resized).jpeg
#10221 2 years ago

Ok its been many cycles since a few of us talked about this so I'm just tossing it back out there - can anyone with pinball browser skilz and the audio chops pleeeeaaase make a Daft Punk mashup remix track replacement for Portal?!?!?!? It would take this pin to the final level, as getting to portal was, so sad I like brushed my teeth in the shower.
Programs, the only way to save Tron is for someone to hype Portal's audio up beyond belief and it can sooo be done!! I've got 5 on it

#10222 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Arrrrrgh. SO close to Portal! The one mode I usually complete every time. I couldn’t finish it. I love how this is just barely out of reach. Once I reach Portal will it still be a challenge?
[quoted image]

well, not to bore you ( ) but reaching PORTAL is not the challenge on TRON
but than yes, finishing it is another story... not much guys have done it
good luck !

#10223 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

good luck !

Or getting to Portal without needing SOS...believe the machine awards a 50M bonus for that. I've been to Portal many times, but only completed it without needing SOS once. My son has done it several times.

#10224 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My son has done it several times.

Yet on my machine your score still sits firmly in the GC position.

#10225 2 years ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

Yet on my machine your score still sits firmly in the GC position.

Sweet. Yeah, on my Cali TRON, my son has kicked his dad's butt. Oh well.

#10226 2 years ago

we keep ours for +/- 3 years, putting something like +/- 10.000 games on it, gone to PORTAL more than 100 times, but never completed it home !!!

than, my son beat PORTAL while we were in a pinball meeting in Holland, than not on our pin...

also remember when we visited Eurodisney in Paris, at night we found a TRON in an arcade, TILT was very (very) loosy, we did abuse the game all the evening, my son scoring 667M !!! (he still remember that lol)

#10227 2 years ago

How exactly does one beat Portal? Never figured out what to do once (in a long while) I get there.

#10228 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

How exactly does one beat Portal? Never figured out what to do once (in a long while) I get there.

Don't know...for me just getting to Portal MB is the fun. Portal MB itself is has never blown me away (in terms of rules/objectives), but I've never studied the rules (so maybe I didn't play well enough to appreciate it?).

#10229 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

good luck !

It’s a challenge for me, I’m not that good!

#10230 2 years ago

Pioneers in NYC. Pins free this weekend. Don't believe me, check it out. Only 3 blocks away from Penn Station,vcant beat that! Good air conditioning

IMG_20210504_130017675 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_130017675 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_130030048 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_130030048 (resized).jpg
#10231 2 years ago

Tron rules explained pinball-news here:

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html (scroll down or search for "Portal Multiball consists of two discrete stages.")

Self I was there only 4-5 times and didn't finished it. Easy matter is: I was too nervous....

#10232 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

answer is simple : all inserts are lit : you should set them OFF... (while staying in multiball)
for what i remember, you get an "add-a-ball" each time you complete a serie/trajectory

edit : my son confirm the "add-a-ball", but than also the moving inserts (not all lit as i said above)

#10233 2 years ago

Has anyone bought the el wire mod from eBay? I wonder how that performs.

1 week later
#10234 2 years ago

Joined the club today! A very nice tron pro with the goodie bag still attached and un opened inside

82299A38-550F-44E6-B659-6B3B2C0F6153 (resized).jpeg82299A38-550F-44E6-B659-6B3B2C0F6153 (resized).jpeg
#10235 2 years ago

This came with a pretty interesting topper, anyone seen one of these? Haven’t wired it up yet

2B88B38A-0CB8-4952-AA9A-197AD9338623 (resized).jpeg2B88B38A-0CB8-4952-AA9A-197AD9338623 (resized).jpeg
#10236 2 years ago

I have one similar that I made...it's an amazing topper in person!

#10237 2 years ago

Can’t wait to get it wired up. The previous owner sure pira out ever mod you can on this game. I need to make sonar sense of the PIG interface and the arcade mod is. Is not working… it might be because it’s wired into the pig and or previous owner had it wired to 12v not 5 and toasted it

#10238 2 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Has anyone bought the el wire mod from eBay? I wonder how that performs.

Are you talking about the one for 69 bucks sold by “judge Dread” on EBay.
If so, I was curious as well. It does look like its interactive at all.

#10239 2 years ago

This came with a pretty interesting topper, anyone seen one of these? Haven’t wired it up yet
[quoted image]

what brand is that? Nice topper project. Would like to see If I can get one.

#10240 2 years ago

[quoted image]

OMG! I've been trying to figure out how to mount mine!

Would you mind taking some more photos of that. Does it have lights under the white plexi?

There is a battery compartment underneath so I assume that is what atleast one of the power cables goes to.
The figure itself can take those tiny game & watch style batteries which light up the face and body (i think).

There are 3 switches total.

Quoted from PeterG:

what brand is that? Nice topper project. Would like to see If I can get one.

"Hot toys Tron Sam Flynn with light cycle". They are expensive but they do show up. I found a second hand one less than 1/2 the price but i still need to mod it.

#10241 2 years ago

"Hot toys Tron Sam Flynn with light cycle". They are expensive but they do show up. I found a second hand one less than 1/2 the price but i still need to mod it.

Holy cow, 600 to 1000 dollars on ebay !!! Now expensive is not the word I would have used

#10242 2 years ago

The transparent rubber ring on my spinning disc (bought from Pinball Center) came off after a few months. I bought a new one, removed the original double side tape (as I know it does not hold), used Super Glue, but it came off again after one week.

Is there any glue recommendation you would have to ensure it stays ?

#10243 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

The transparent rubber ring on my spinning disc (bought from Pinball Center) came off after a few months. I bought a new one, removed the original double side tape (as I know it does not hold), used Super Glue, but it came off again after one week.

I used a thin layer of clear Gorilla Glue and it has held up so far but more importantly I think is I added resistors to slow it down

#10244 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

...but more importantly I added resistors to slow it down

Is this a common mod? Do you have any info on it?

#10245 2 years ago

Just do a search for "resistor" . Here's a post from herg that explains how he did it. The clear disk has more friction and flings the ball faster than the stock black one so it's a good way to prevent damage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/154#post-4366853

#10246 2 years ago

good lord I had no idea they where that much $$. koops Yes the base has LEds in it, looks like someone put a lot of thought into it. I can post more photos and dimensions.

#10247 2 years ago

good lord I had no idea they where that much $$. koops Yes the base has LEds in it, looks like someone put a lot of thought into it. I can post more photos and dimensions.

You are one lucky pinhead....

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I used a thin layer of clear Gorilla Glue and it has held up so far but more importantly I think is I added resistors to slow it down

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look. I think actually a shaker control board might do the trick as well, if the power is 12V

#10248 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

If you want to do it right, I get a fresh disk and transparent ring (https://www.pinballlife.com/tron-plastic-spinning-disk.html). The glue atop glue doesn't work well...I've been there and done that. Working with fresh parts solved the problem for me.

No. Takes the fun away from the transparent disk. Not necessary.

#10249 2 years ago

Well, the good news, Goodie bag still attached, bad news... someone cared not even the slightest to do some cable management.. mods, and wires, and Pigs, on my . This is going to be fun

totan-7 (resized).jpgtotan-7 (resized).jpgtotan-8 (resized).jpgtotan-8 (resized).jpg

#10250 2 years ago

Yeah pretty much the reason you won’t see many made into toppers. You did good to get one with your machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.