(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than lamp!

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,232 posts
  • 531 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 433 votes
    73%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    17%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 60 votes
    10%

(595 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210504_130017675 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210504_130030048 (resized).jpg
88559B4F-A299-4658-AB18-B0796D9BC767 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210503_191406697.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20210503_204803066 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
17B37DFC-DD30-493B-A826-88BA6046A432 (resized).jpeg
9D697A01-7905-4809-BDAF-D914926D5CAA (resized).jpeg
8B71646B-A665-4896-A85E-D6BA4E7D15ED (resized).jpeg
129CA021-513C-4C31-A27F-4414A07E16C7 (resized).jpeg
4E07EE25-4A73-4AAA-B734-A6274AD0CF68 (resized).jpeg
72713CBA-F35E-4896-8D2E-46CDC0789103 (resized).jpeg
4B829AC8-4ECC-4420-AEB5-B38C200FAE86 (resized).jpeg
702E6D46-AB59-4046-A1B3-5CADF053FEB8 (resized).jpeg

There are 10232 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 205.
#10201 10 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
I’ve never owned or updated the sound/ROM package on a SAM/Whitestar Stern, but am picking up a Tron in a few days and keen to try out the sound packages people have created. This thread is enormous so unsure where to start.
Really keen to find this one:

I don't think this is the one McSirTuna uses but I have this one installed on mine and really like it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd

#10202 9 days ago

Thanks!

#10203 9 days ago

I have a feeling I know the answer, but anyone know where to source an arcade mod? It would appear they are dunzo... but for some reason I remember seeing a DIY version somewhere using a 3d Printer (which I have). Cheers

#10204 8 days ago

Did you guys ever group by the blue and yellow colored plastic pieces over the inlanes? I am in if there is a set available.

#10205 8 days ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Did you guys ever group by the blue and yellow colored plastic pieces over the inlanes? I am in if there is a set available.

Yes we did, I'm collecting this week

#10206 8 days ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Me as well

#10207 8 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yes we did, I'm collecting this week

Sweet so this is happening now?

#10208 8 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Sweet so this is happening now?

Can you post a list of everyone who is in?

#10209 7 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I have a feeling I know the answer, but anyone know where to source an arcade mod? It would appear they are dunzo... but for some reason I remember seeing a DIY version somewhere using a 3d Printer (which I have). Cheers

Reach out to pinballlooking to see if/when they'll be doing another run.

My replacement arrived today and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it back. It was dead (and basically destroyed) when I bought my machine. They took care of me to get a new one. Hands down the BEST mod I've ever used.

PXL_20210503_191406697.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210503_204803066 (resized).jpg
#10210 7 days ago

to anyone, if your tron arcade mode goes out, it is likely a bad solder joint at one of the connections in/near the mod. When I pulled my dead/flakey one out I used the official data cable and it worked great. Just remade the harness and it was good to go. So if you are somewhat handy you can fix it yourself. Just make sure to take pics and know which way it plugs back in as there is no key on the 4 pin connector.

#10211 7 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just make sure to take pics and know which way it plugs back in as there is no key on the 4 pin connector.

Solid advice, as I had to learn the hard way, lol

#10212 7 days ago

Mine was trashed in every way imaginable. Hot glue EVERYWHERE, didn't work, just completely busted. I don't think there was any saving any of it.

#10213 7 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Reach out to pinballlooking to see if/when they'll be doing another run.
My replacement arrived today and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it back. It was dead (and basically destroyed) when I bought my machine. They took care of me to get a new one. Hands down the BEST mod I've ever used.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic mod. Love the arcade mod on mine too. Mine works fine, but about half the time I have to reach inside the cab and just gently move the wires that run to the mod. Then the mod comes alive. Clearly a loose connection? But the odd thing is, it never fails during play once it’s on. It’s either on or off, and it stays on and never flickers or loses power during play. Strange. If these get remade with solid power supply connections, they should sell like warm griddle cakes.

#10214 7 days ago

Mine was trashed in every way imaginable. Hot glue EVERYWHERE, didn't work, just completely busted. I don't think there was any saving any of it.

Idk sounds like a normal one. They were hand made and hot glued together etc

#10215 7 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Idk sounds like a normal one. They were hand made and hot glued together etc

They seemed surprised by how....rough.. Mine was. It was bad. I highly doubt that was normal lol

#10216 7 days ago

They seemed surprised by how....rough.. Mine was. It was bad. I highly doubt that was normal lol

Maybe it was redone by someone then? Weird, I haven’t seen too many in person.

Do you still have it? I forgot someone a few pages back said they had one broken.

#10217 7 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Maybe it was redone by someone then? Weird, I haven’t seen too many in person.
Do you still have it? I forgot someone a few pages back said they had one broken.

I shipped it back in hopes that something could be salvaged from it to repair it. But I think what I ended up getting was completely new. It was a mess.

#10218 7 days ago

I shipped it back in hopes that something could be salvaged from it to repair it. But I think what I ended up getting was completely new. It was a mess.

Ah, nice rhat you got a new one. It is a super cool mod that like heated seats in your car. Once you have it, can’t live without it

#10219 7 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah, nice rhat you got a new one. It is a super cool mod that like heated seats in your car. Once you have it, can’t live without it

It was hard to look at that open void -- without even the dead arcade I had been used to -- while it was away! It's such a great mod!

#10220 6 days ago

Arrrrrgh. SO close to Portal! The one mode I usually complete every time. I couldn’t finish it. I love how this is just barely out of reach. Once I reach Portal will it still be a challenge?

88559B4F-A299-4658-AB18-B0796D9BC767 (resized).jpeg
#10221 6 days ago

Ok its been many cycles since a few of us talked about this so I'm just tossing it back out there - can anyone with pinball browser skilz and the audio chops pleeeeaaase make a Daft Punk mashup remix track replacement for Portal?!?!?!? It would take this pin to the final level, as getting to portal was, so sad I like brushed my teeth in the shower.
Programs, the only way to save Tron is for someone to hype Portal's audio up beyond belief and it can sooo be done!! I've got 5 on it

#10222 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Arrrrrgh. SO close to Portal! The one mode I usually complete every time. I couldn’t finish it. I love how this is just barely out of reach. Once I reach Portal will it still be a challenge?
[quoted image]

well, not to bore you ( ) but reaching PORTAL is not the challenge on TRON
but than yes, finishing it is another story... not much guys have done it
good luck !

#10223 5 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

good luck !

Or getting to Portal without needing SOS...believe the machine awards a 50M bonus for that. I've been to Portal many times, but only completed it without needing SOS once. My son has done it several times.

#10224 5 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My son has done it several times.

Yet on my machine your score still sits firmly in the GC position.

#10225 5 days ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

Yet on my machine your score still sits firmly in the GC position.

Sweet. Yeah, on my Cali TRON, my son has kicked his dad's butt. Oh well.

#10226 5 days ago

we keep ours for +/- 3 years, putting something like +/- 10.000 games on it, gone to PORTAL more than 100 times, but never completed it home !!!

than, my son beat PORTAL while we were in a pinball meeting in Holland, than not on our pin...

also remember when we visited Eurodisney in Paris, at night we found a TRON in an arcade, TILT was very (very) loosy, we did abuse the game all the evening, my son scoring 667M !!! (he still remember that lol)

#10227 5 days ago

How exactly does one beat Portal? Never figured out what to do once (in a long while) I get there.

#10228 5 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

How exactly does one beat Portal? Never figured out what to do once (in a long while) I get there.

Don't know...for me just getting to Portal MB is the fun. Portal MB itself is has never blown me away (in terms of rules/objectives), but I've never studied the rules (so maybe I didn't play well enough to appreciate it?).

#10229 4 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

good luck !

It’s a challenge for me, I’m not that good!

#10230 4 days ago

Pioneers in NYC. Pins free this weekend. Don't believe me, check it out. Only 3 blocks away from Penn Station,vcant beat that! Good air conditioning

IMG_20210504_130017675 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_130030048 (resized).jpg
#10231 4 days ago

Tron rules explained pinball-news here:

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html (scroll down or search for "Portal Multiball consists of two discrete stages.")

Self I was there only 4-5 times and didn't finished it. Easy matter is: I was too nervous....

#10232 4 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

answer is simple : all inserts are lit : you should set them OFF... (while staying in multiball)
for what i remember, you get an "add-a-ball" each time you complete a serie/trajectory

edit : my son confirm the "add-a-ball", but than also the moving inserts (not all lit as i said above)

There are 10232 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 205.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside