(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 427.
#15451 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Ug, thats going to be a pain to dig out.

Only take a couple minutes to check for a broken wire. Left and right slingshot switches, left and right flipper button switches, left and right EOS switches. A black wire with green stripe.

LTG : )

#15452 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Tech question for anyone in the know:
While working on my game I noticed that the EOS switch never registers as closed on my right flipper. I checked the leaf switch and it is closed up until the flipper is fully extended at which point it opens. Checking across the leaf with a continuity tester I am seeing contact and when I jump the ground and the input wire at the plug on the board it registers in diagnostics. I think my input or ground wire came disconnected or broke somewhere in the wire loom. Ug, thats going to be a pain to dig out.
My question is this: How bad is it if I keep playing on it until I get this fixed? Is the EOS back to the board used to cut power to the coil or is it just for reporting to the computer that it has hit EOS? Is there a mechanical EOS 'override' built in? Since my machine thinks I am always at EOS, am I not getting full power on the flipper coil?
Thanks in advance!
P.S. Also posted on the other JP owners thread but that thread seems to have gone dry...

Seems really unlikely that a wire broke inside the harness bundle. More likely it would be disconnected or poorly connected somewhere.

#15453 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I haven't been too intrigued by most of the mods I've seen for Jurassic Park, but that gold coin door is pretty badass.

I really like the helipad sign as that shot is hard to spot for new players and it's consistent with the theme and animations.
But the best mod is the pteradon.
Nobody ever guessed that it's not original.

That'

Quoted from kool1:

Decided to go ahead and order a premium translite . Here is a video link, it looks fantastic.

[quoted image]

I got this one as a Backglass. I love it.

#15454 1 year ago

JP side armor listed on ebay for $250 ebay.com link: itm

#15455 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

I really like the helipad sign as that shot is hard to spot for new players and it's consistent with the theme and animations.

Good to hear. I love the graphic, so much better.

#15456 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

That'

Mezel mods? Looks like helipad sold out...who sells pteradon?

#15457 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mezel mods? Looks like helipad sold out...who sells pteradon?

Amazon. Search in this thread.

#15458 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Amazon. Search in this thread.

Very cool... $7 on Amazon....anyone make one and best way to mount in that right ramp area?

#15459 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very cool... $7 on Amazon....anyone make one and best way to mount in that right ramp area?

Piano wire, drill a hole in the Pteranodon's butt (no need to glue if it's a firm fit), and attach the end to the wireform post

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15460 1 year ago

When I got my premium a couple of weeks ago it came with powerblades on it. While they are pretty cool I like the look of mirror blades better. Has anyone removed them and are they able to be reinstalled.

#15461 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

It's possible if I saw these mods in person I'd be more jazzed about them. I have toyed with the idea of adding a custom mod, though as a one pinball machine dude I tend to think more about what my next one will be than tricking out what I already own.

#15462 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Piano wire, drill a hole in the Pteranodon's butt (no need to glue if it's a firm fit), and attach the end to the wireform post
[quoted image]

Which Amazon bird is this? I see a bunch listed and they all look similar. Just want to be sure I order the correct one. Thanks

#15463 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Which Amazon bird is this? I see a bunch listed and they all look similar. Just want to be sure I order the correct one. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GL1BHO/

#15465 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

amazon.com link »

Funny the bird I had in my cart was fantarea. Looks like a great mod and perfect location. Does not look like a Happy Meal toy mod

#15466 1 year ago

Does the pteranodon block anything on the playfield in your line of site the way most people install it? Can you see the extra ball/pteranodon attack sign clearly? Amber pops?

#15467 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Does the pteranodon block anything on the playfield in your line of site the way most people install it? Can you see the extra ball/pteranodon attack sign clearly? Amber pops?

Doesn't obscure anything. Here are a couple of photos from my eye level (I'm 6'3" and hunch over slightly when playing).

IMG_8192 (resized).JPGIMG_8192 (resized).JPGIMG_8193 (resized).JPGIMG_8193 (resized).JPG
#15468 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

You can also use an old metal coat hanger.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5340920

#15469 1 year ago

Thanks Mr_Tantrum I'm going to order it from Amazon and then I searched for piano wire and saw this 4 pack of 12" "music wire" that seems to be same thickness as piano wire.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WXGIHC

#15470 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Thanks Mr_Tantrum I'm going to order it from Amazon and then I searched for piano wire and saw this 4 pack of 12" "music wire" that seems to be same thickness as piano wire.
amazon.com link »

Ill get those too. Its funny how something that is $1 and they offer free shipping, if I order a small part from a vendor most are lie $12+

#15471 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

amazon.com link »

Here is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WXGIHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#15472 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is what I use: amazon.com link »

You clearly didn't click my link lol. That is what I linked to.

#15473 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

You clearly didn't click my link lol. That is what I linked to.

Oops. That certainly must be the right stuff to do the job!

#15474 1 year ago

Here's the wire I use in each of my machines. It polishes up nicely with some steel wool or metal polish:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0847TV33L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#15475 1 year ago

And don't to consider forget piano wire, which tends to keep its shape pretty well over time...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-063

Update: The above is .063, but they also have .04 thickness and all the way up to .094. Just type "Piano wire" into Marco's search bar.

#15476 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

And don't to consider forget piano wire, which tends to keep its shape pretty well over time...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-063

That is 2x the thickness of what I used. What I like about the music wire is that you can bend to shape, it is relatively hidden, and it still has some good flex/bounce to it allowing the model to move around a little from vibration.

#15477 1 year ago

I decided to get a little creative today and made up these new pieces to replace the plastics above the two lower flippers. I'm not too sure about the color choice I used for the left side; I may redo that one with a piece of orange plastic or another piece of green.

Dinos_1 (resized).jpgDinos_1 (resized).jpgDinos_2 (resized).jpgDinos_2 (resized).jpgDinos_3 (resized).jpgDinos_3 (resized).jpgDinos_4 (resized).jpgDinos_4 (resized).jpgDinos_5 (resized).jpgDinos_5 (resized).jpg
#15478 1 year ago

Hello everyone, as a happy new owner of Jurassic park pinball, I decided to create my first mod for this fantastic machine: The advanced raptor pen tower mod. If want more detail, please check my post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-advanced-raptor-pen-tower-mod-dystopic-pinball#post-7270758

Thanks!

20221124_232230 (resized).jpg20221124_232230 (resized).jpg
#15479 1 year ago

I have a new 5 piece set of Art of Pinball signs for JP that I don’t plan on using. $185 shipped within US, send me a PM if interested. SOLD

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-pinball-jurassic-park/stern-jurassic-park-hand-sculpted-lit-signs-set-of-five/

62CED7A1-0BE5-4941-8F79-364239C54122 (resized).jpeg62CED7A1-0BE5-4941-8F79-364239C54122 (resized).jpeg

#15480 1 year ago

I know this is a TOTAL Hail Mary, but figured I would ask. Had this come sliding down the playfield from the approximate area of the T-Rex ramp. All the other fasteners seem to be silver, so that’s a clue. It’s roughly 3/16” in length. Game seems to be functioning normally. Anyone recognize this fastener or have an idea for where a darker-colored fastener may have originated? Game is a Premium. Thanks!

B5F867CD-5AE9-434F-A745-D29B62FFE0C5 (resized).jpegB5F867CD-5AE9-434F-A745-D29B62FFE0C5 (resized).jpeg

#15481 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I know this is a TOTAL Hail Mary, but figured I would ask. Had this come sliding down the playfield from the approximate area of the T-Rex ramp. All the other fasteners seem to be silver, so that’s a clue. It’s roughly 3/16” in length. Game seems to be functioning normally. Anyone recognize this fastener or have an idea for where a darker-colored fastener may have originated? Game is a Premium. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Trex bottom jaw? There are 3 screws...famous for coming loose

#15482 1 year ago

Museum Mayhem Phase Two, Anyone?

Today I somehow hit enough roving-raptor green inserts during Museum Mayhem to advance to phase II.
Phase II starts with only the inserts at the Truck flashing, and the display says, "Get to the Trucks!"
So, I shot the Newton ball to get things rolling and, of course, my ball was reflected straight out the left outlane and the mode ended.
Still, I would like to know: what is the objective in phase II?

**** Update ****

I found my answer...

"After defeating both raptors this way, the truck will light for 10M. Making the truck will then light the left ramp for 75M and allow you to escape the museum! A 3-ball Multiball will then start, where all shots are lit for victory Jackpots starting at 3 million (+250K) a shot. After draining out of the victory multiball, the Compsognathus Fossil is awarded."

Thank you, Tilt Forums! All I needed to do at that point was hit the left ramp to collect 75M and escape the museum. Drag!

#15483 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Anyone recognize this fastener or have an idea for where a darker-colored fastener may have originated? Game is a Premium. Thanks!
[quoted image]

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/JurassicPark_LE_Pre_web.pdf

Look on page 58. The parts table at page bottom shows #13 is a screw that matches your description. The assembly diagrammed on that page is the T-Rex head.

#15484 1 year ago

Who sells high quality palm trees for JP? I'd like to install at least 6 palm trees around the upper playfield area. I read a seller on eBay makes good quality ones and the Amazon ones are cheap and don't look good? Also, how are you guys mounting them? Any pointers would be appreciated

#15485 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Who sells the best quality palm trees for JP? I'd like to install at least 6 palm trees around the upper playfield area. I read a seller on eBay makes good quality ones and the Amazon ones are cheap and don't look good? Also, how are you guys mounting them? Any pointers would be appreciated

+1

#15486 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Trex bottom jaw? There are 3 screws...famous for coming loose

BINGO! Thank you!

#15487 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/JurassicPark_LE_Pre_web.pdf
Look on page 58. The parts table at page bottom shows #13 is a screw that matches your description. The assembly diagrammed on that page is the T-Rex head.

Thank you, that was very helpful. Wound up being the front screw under the T-Rex’s jaw…. Thanks!

#15488 1 year ago

I'm considering swapping my prem for a pro plus cash. I usually turn off the trex anyway and I don't think I'll miss the helicopter but I'm not 100% how the raptor pit works on the pro. When the ball is trapped in the pit on the prem and you just have to bash the gate, on the pro do you have to hit the back target to decrease integrity or is it any of the targets in the pit make progress? How much harder is it? Am I forgetting to consider anything else? Thanks

#15489 1 year ago

FYI - I saw someone mention that maybe the JP shooter rods might be hard to find now?

I know of a retailer with like 10-11 in stock right now if anyone is looking for one, I just picked one up in person. I saw he had a bunch.

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/jurassic-park-shooter-knob

#15490 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I'm considering swapping my prem for a pro plus cash. I usually turn off the trex anyway and I don't think I'll miss the helicopter but I'm not 100% how the raptor pit works on the pro. When the ball is trapped in the pit on the prem and you just have to bash the gate, on the pro do you have to hit the back target to decrease integrity or is it any of the targets in the pit make progress? How much harder is it? Am I forgetting to consider anything else? Thanks

Any target to decrease integrity. Back target for lock and start Multiball. I can backhand the back target with the left flipper quite easy. It's quite hard but possible with the right flipper. I don't think it's harder over all. On premium you have to hit the wall and the ball can go anywhere... Definitely the main difference. I considered upgrading my pro, but I didn't. Wonder why the gap in the ranking score is so high from pro to premium.

#15491 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Any target to decrease integrity. Back target for lock and start Multiball. I can backhand the back target with the left flipper quite easy. It's quite hard but possible with the right flipper. I don't think it's harder over all. On premium you have to hit the wall and the ball can go anywhere... Definitely the main difference. I considered upgrading my pro, but I didn't. Wonder why the gap in the ranking score is so high from pro to premium.

Thanks. I think a lot of people absolutely love the trex, I always turn it on for guests and they think it’s amazing but it doesn’t really add anything for me anymore so I turn it off when I’m alone

#15492 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks. I think a lot of people absolutely love the trex, I always turn it on for guests and they think it’s amazing but it doesn’t really add anything for me anymore so I turn it off when I’m alone

Im in the market for a JP pro. I was thinking premium but when I see the price diff...2-3k the diff in the premium after the T-Rex moving there is just not enough there to justify IMO.

#15493 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I actually much prefer the LE/Prem because of the raptor pen. I find the Pro’s pen quite a safe shot and return via the Control Room lane compared to hitting the raised gate which is less controllable. Also like how the mech captures the ball and makes it a captive ball. That said, everyone has different tastes and if these features aren’t doing it for you, then switching to a pro (it does have different artwork) makes sense - it’s still a great game.

#15494 1 year ago

Left Ramp Rejections; How to Address?

I read a few posts about left-ramp rejections here and there in this thread and wondered what these posters were talking about.

Now I know!

I'm getting rejections at the ramp and I'm fairly sure it's the plane of acrylic that spans the entrance to the first elbow of the ramp, at a height about twice that of a pinball.

In this photo, you can see the plane and how it rests, horizontally (like a lintel in post-and-lintel architecture), right at the peak of the ramp. I don't have a super-slow-mo clip of a rejection, but if I had to guess, a well-struck shot to the ramp gets a little air from the springiness of the plastic ramp and smacks into that lintel and is reflected back down the ramp. In this photo I marked the impact point with a magenta arrow and the spacer that sets the height of the lintel with a green arrow. I wonder if swapping in slightly taller spacers would raise the lintel enough to allow even a slightly airborne ball to clear the lintel. Thoughts?

Ramp.ledge (resized).jpgRamp.ledge (resized).jpg
#15495 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Also like how the mech captures the ball and makes it a captive ball. That said, everyone has different tastes and if these features aren’t doing it for you, then switching to a pro (it does have different artwork) makes sense - it’s still a great game.

I have almost no experience on a Premium/LE, and in the few games I did play I didn't manage to lock a ball in the pen. I'm very curious about smacking a "Newton" gate though. It does sound cool/interesting. I could see myself turning the T-Rex off much of the time if I had the Premium/LE. I would rather have the ball come to the up post at the left inlane immediately after hitting the left ramp to start the Event than wait for the animatronic head to thrash around and then lay the ball on the wireform.

One thing I would certainly appreciate about the Premium though is the Helipad spinner and its decelerating effect on balls coming to the end of the wireform. Without that spinner, the balls race to the end at the ball drop and bounce back up the wireform a few inches, creating an unwelcome hiccup.

#15496 1 year ago

I have almost no experience on a Premium/LE, and in the few games I did play I didn't manage to lock a ball in the pen. I'm very curious about smacking a "Newton" gate though. It does sound cool/interesting. I could see myself turning the T-Rex off much of the time if I had the Premium/LE. I would rather have the ball come to the up post at the left inlane immediately after hitting the left ramp to start the Event than wait for the animatronic head to thrash around and then lay the ball on the wireform.
One thing I would certainly appreciate about the Premium though is the Helipad spinner and its decelerating effect on balls coming to the end of the wireform. Without that spinner, the balls race to the end at the ball drop and bounce back up the wireform a few inches, creating an unwelcome hiccup.

I have a GZ premium so I'm pretty used to waiting for the building to come down. Pretty much the same thing. The TRex multi ball launches another ball while you wait for the TRex to drop it so that helps with the flow. It doesn't always set in on the ramp and randomly throws it sometimes. Tonight it threw it and it rolled across the top of the truck that was pretty cool. I could be fine with a pro though.

#15497 1 year ago

I wonder if swapping in slightly taller spacers would raise the lintel enough to allow even a slightly airborne ball to clear the lintel. Thoughts?

I have tried this, but I still have problems with rejects. After reading your post, I'm going to look at it again.

#15498 1 year ago

FWIW if you have a pro you can add helicopter blades like this:
https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-helicopter-blades

I have a different version, but all are pretty similar in terms of them doing what the premium does.

My pro does okay, I can go either way with the raptor pit and don't need the T-Rex slowing the game down.

#15499 1 year ago

Depending upon the T-Rex event, T-Rex will drop or throw the ball, creating more variability compared to starting an event on a Pro. Also you can double flip during the start of a T-Rex event to cut the animatronics short, similar to bypassing a video clip at the start of a mode, although I'm not sure whether this makes the timing of both machines similar.

Haven't seen any other Pro owners report the ball bounce back on the heli wireform (although I'm familiar with this on my CFTBL), so you should be able to adjust/bend the wireform slightly to address the issue. If your machine is still under warranty you could reach out to Stern to see what they recommend (potentially they may even send you a replacement wireform). Let us know how you get on with this one.

#15500 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Hi. Could I ask for a bit more info on how you attached it to the wirework post? E.g did you simply bend the wire into a loop, or did you do anything like hammer it flat?

Carl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 21,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/310?hl=saddath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.