(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,291 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 seconds ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12295 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

After playing my pin over a few days I have a couple of questions for you all.
1. I set my angle to 7 degrees right at the flippers based on what people said in here. The upper playfield is more like 6.5 or so. I think it had 0.0 or 0.1 as far as the side angle went. However the yellow level along the shooter side is like way off. Even when I had it at 6.5 down in the flipper area it was still way off. Is this normal?
2. I am getting A TON of balls just randomly bouncing into the gutters. To the point it is kind of frustrating sometimes because it's completely out of my control. I'm not good enough yet to nudge the machine to do what I want so I know I have to work on that, but I'm talking more like when things are moving fast and it bounces off something and just goes right down one of the side gutters. What am I doing so wrong? Is this related to the 7 degree angle making things faster or something?
3. Are there any adjustments that are recommended to this game or things to do to it immediately upon playing? I did put a shooter protector in there before I ever played a ball since it was simple. I have other mods too but I mean more along the lines of settings to change or must have protector type mods. The only adjustments I made are never erase high scores, 10 characters instead of 3 for initials, and put it in free play.
Think that is it for now, thanks.

Change the trough eject power to 170ish, this will protect your shooter lane too. Plastic protectors are always good and can add some style as a bonus. I don't have a full set just slings and lanes. Not sure if you put premium balls in when you got it but personally I'd switch out the Stern balls for some new premium ones.

Other settings are really up to you. If you're finding it so hard you're not enjoying yourself, up the number of balls, change the settings to easy or even extra easy, add extra ball as a replay instead of credit, increase ball save times, there's loads you can play with in settings. Don't let other people tell you you have to play on 3 balls and not change the other settings, you paid a lot of money for the machine, set it up however you want, whatever makes it most fun for you!

2 months later
#13091 2 years ago

Has anyone been able to move their outlane posts on JP? I can get the nut off from under the playfield but cant get the post out at all. Any tips or videos? Thanks

#13094 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

‘Unscrew’ it from the playfield.
Remove the nut from under the playfield and turn the post with a wrench. The post is in a very tight hole and while it technically isn’t screwed into the PF, the threads will bite into the wood such that it needs to be unscrewed.

I must be too puny lol

#13097 2 years ago

That is many many turns! I'll have to give it another go, I think I have a Titan Pinwrench somewhere, maybe that will be the right size

3 weeks later
#13321 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed that if you change the difficulty settings nothing changes? If I change them on my TMNT the ball save times change, mode difficulty change, timers for things change. A quick scan and I cant tell that anything changes on my JP from extra easy to extra hard. Makes setting it up for guests etc a lot more time consuming

#13323 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I’ve not looked at it in depth but believe one change is the number of letters pre-lit for the first T-Rex event change. Making it easier or harder to get T-Rex MB

I can change that manually but it doesn’t change automatically when I change from extra easy to extra hard. It’s the same with all the options that have easy medium hard like ‘map spell out difficulty’ no matter what setting I put it on in utilities they stay at medium difficulty.

Can anyone who doesn’t mind messing with their settings confirm it’s the same for them or if there’s something wrong with mine? Thanks

#13340 2 years ago

I have a premium, the main upgrade for me isnt even the trex, it’s the raptor gate and then probably the art.

If I had space for more pins and getting a pro meant money towards another pin, I’d get a pro and be happy with it. If I had no more space and money for a premium I’d get the premium.

2 weeks later
#13454 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I’m on the list for April run but I was told to expect more like June. But if the wait goes further and then KE’s next title in August looks better, I am just moving my deposit over.

Surely Eddy and Gomez are before another Elwin? Has it been said somewhere the August pin is an Elwin?

2 weeks later
#13510 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
Please tell me who makes this alt translite.
I got this image from a post made one year ago by a Pinsider who hails from Australia, so perhaps it's not easily available in the U.S. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Think that’s from https://xianek.eu/

1 week later
#13543 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

Thanks! If I pull it out it sticks out like this. Probably some of this is self-inflicted by me trying to fit it where it shouldn’t have gone. But is it supposed to attach to the helipad metal somehow?
[quoted image]

No it doesn’t attach to anything at that end

4 weeks later
#13752 1 year ago

There is one t-Rex mode that even if you have the throw disabled she will drop, not throw the ball, to the left side (as you look at it) instead of placing it on the wire form to the right. Just making sure you’re not talking about that before you start tinkering!

#13757 1 year ago
Quoted from KimCHilla:

Which mode is it? Trex multiball it works most of the time and trex chase it allways worked so far.

I think it's rampage but I'm not with my machine right now so can't check

#13809 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I have the opposite problem. The rubber barely makes contact with the ball passing and the ball often goes SDTM at a very difficult angle to save. Depending on ball velocity it may make it to the left flipper or if weak enough it will hit the right flipper. I was considering replacing the rubber but looks like a pain to get to.

You can try rotating it just slightly to a less worn bit but you'll want to replace it eventually, it's not too bad to get to.

#13836 1 year ago

My auto plunger occasionally fires after a manual plunge even though the ball is perfectly launched. What could be causing that? Thanks

#13837 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Raptor gate question:
In my game, it sometimes randonly lowers half way upon start up (before starting a game).
I know it is normally checking the position normally itseems as if its going through this check-up but it just quits half way because I checked the roll over switches and the mech and it is all adjusted well. Nothing seems loose and it works well otherwise when it is set up well during start up.
At first I thought it was me turning the game off too soon and leaving the gate half way down but that it is not the case, when this happened last the gate was fully up, game booted up gave power to the nodes, started lowering the gate and gave up half way. No roll overs were activated underneath - I checked immediately -
By going into test mode it cannot be replicated and the gate functions perfectly.
I have tried searching the forum for previous threads and nothing popped up.
Any tips as to why is the gate lowering half way during start up/boot up? Code issue?
I flashed the card with the game image just to make sure the issue persists.
Anybody experiencing this in their game?

Interested if you find a solution to this as I have the same problem. It doesn’t break the game as I can reset it in menu and it then works perfectly but I’d like to fix it it’s not expensive parts.

#13839 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Do you have a plastic lane protector installed?
I had this issue as well and it was because the switch in the lane was never being hit because the plastic lane protector was slightly off the lane, causing the switch to not be pushed down and engage.

I do not but maybe the switch needs adjusting, I’ll have a look. Thanks

#13842 1 year ago

Yup, 44 and 45 are good. Everything works. Everything is adjusted well.
It is hard to see what is happening as this inly happens during start up. Gate works well once it is reset via menu as no NoSkills mentioned.
I will double check the up switches again but there is nothing noticeable. The gate works perfeftly after it is reset.
NoSkills what is the build date on your JP?

April 2021

#13845 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’d suspect a code issue. I also have the same thing but it only started with the latest update. My LE was built in Sept 2019.

Mine possibly also started with the latest code update. I started having the issue around the time I updated for sure but can’t remember 100% that it didn’t happen before that.

#13859 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah check out that switch.
One side effect of that switch not being activated for me was that skill shots were not active until I fixed it. I didn't even know there were skill shots for like 2 weeks after owning the game since I installed my protector before ever playing lol.
Do you have skill shots available when/after plunging?

They are not lit but if I hit the shots they count. I will adjust the switch when I'm home but sounds like it's this and an easy fix. thanks

1 week later
#13947 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like my Jurassic Park membership might never materialize ? I haven't heard anything from my distributor. I don't know if this last May run is the end of the line for JP.

I have no inside information but I'd be surprised if that was the last run ever. I imagine they negotiated some kind of licence extension package when the home pin came out. There's older, less popular games that still haven't been archived, but I could just be talking rubbish!

#13953 1 year ago

Is the right ramp stuck down beneath the entrance? I'm replacing all the rubbers and the one beneath the right ramp is the only one I can't figure out how to get to. I've undone everything holding the spiral wireform down but cant work out whats holding the ramp on or how to get to that damn last rubber! Can anyone help. Thanks

Inkedimage0_LI (resized).jpgInkedimage0_LI (resized).jpgimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#13956 1 year ago

There are 2 and only 2 nuts holding the ramp down, they are under the pf by the flap (on tbe top of the pf).Do not force anything until you undo these.

Under the playfield of course lol thanks

2 weeks later
#14170 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I've just had my game a few weeks and a couple of times I've noticed the gate on the raptor cage only comes down about halfway and then gets stuck. No matter how many times it's hit by any of the players, it just stays there. But after that particular game is over, it goes back up as normal and works ok on the next game. Is this normal, or a glitch? Thanks.

If this is happening on start up of the machine I would say it’s likely to be this bug other people have reported. If you notice it happen on start up you can go into the diagnostic menu—>game—>gate and reset it there so it works from the first game. Please report it to stern as a bug, email [email protected] or call 1-800-542-5377

I’d also encourage anyone else having this issue to report it, takes 2 mins to write an email and the more people that report it, the more likely they are to do something about it.

#14187 1 year ago

The soft glitch does not affect the gate mid game. It never has in mine.
Have you checked the assy and the switches?

Agree, if it’s sticking mid game that’s not the code bug but something else

#14204 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Noticed some dimpling on my machine down by the map above the flippers…nothing life altering but still surprising on a brand new game with around 30 plays. Should i be bringing this up with the distro or just normal stuff?

normal

#14225 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Could you please post the part numbers for the new posts and rubbers you fitted? I think I would enjoy mine more if it wasn't such a drain monster on the outlanes.
Sometimes I can give the game huge nudge as it's going down the outlane and the ball still goes straight down without touching anything. Other games I'm fairly good at saving outlane drains, JP not so much.

You can buy the post and rubber separately or just get the post genie from pinball life
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14227 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks for that, but unfortunately postage from Pinball Life to Australia is ridiculous
Post genie = $1.69
Postage for that to Australia = Cheapest option $50.63 - Dearest $105.49

That's an expensive post! You could just get a star post and fixings and 5/16" rubber

#14243 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

This game definitely can be drainy and its great for the home environment and improving skills. Im not a good player by any stretch but that said respectfully I dont know what shocks me more... the fact you basically made the outliane, not an outlane, or that some owners are following suite. You guys are talking about it like its a fix not a change. To me its borderline cheating lol. If its your game by all means do what you want to get the most enjoyment but for me I just close the lanes as much as possible from factory set up... and try and play better. I find if I have a good game its more rewarding. But each to their own.
Just looked at the oitlane pic again... how the eff does a ball ever go out? Lol

I’m fully on board with if it’s your game set it up however you want to have most fun. It’s not cheating, it’s your game not a competition, you spent a lot of money on it, how dumb would it be to spend all that money and not have the most amount of fun possible from it.

I don’t have the outlane genies but I’ve considered them for when I get older and can’t nudge any more. I do play JP on 5 balls though, if I have a game at home I want to see the wizard modes, for me escape nublar would have only ever happened 2 times on 3 balls in about 1500 games. I want to play them more than that. I also increase my ball save times on wizard and mini wizard modes, when I get to them I want to see as much as possible of them.

Set up your games however you have most fun, don’t let someone make you feel bad about it.

#14269 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Are we waxing brand new machines? For some reason I thought they should be left as is and use novus 1 for any cleaning.

IMO it’s personal preference for a NIB, home use only machine. The clearcoat should obviously be in excellent condition unlike an older or sited machine. You’re unlikely to put enough games on a NIB to significantly wear the clearcoat.

Some people prefer how a waxed game plays and so keep it waxed for that reason.

Just don’t use too much wax!

2 weeks later
#14551 1 year ago

If I remove this nut holding the raptor foot, will the bolt fall down or is it on a post?

A739B588-C7DC-4DBF-8446-6495BE205E27 (resized).jpegA739B588-C7DC-4DBF-8446-6495BE205E27 (resized).jpeg
#14553 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Essential tool used for all nut, screw, washer etc removal. Remove with confidence.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-TMP

I have a magnetic tool but I was more worried about screwing it back in, looks like I’d have to take off a lot of plastics to put the bolt back if it’s not a post

#14556 1 year ago

Thanks, guess I’ve got some dismantling to do!

#14558 1 year ago

is the raptor not entered and it is getting caught when it bends over?
use an air dryer on the arms, heat them up until the are flexible (do not burn anything, just heat them up), hold with your hand until it cools down in the desired position. The part is now fixed in that position and the raptors arms will no longer touch the plastic on the side.

Thanks I have done this and it’s been fine for ages but her gansta lean has always bothered me, wanted to try taking her off and seeing if I can place her better to be straighter. I’m all about animal welfare lol

#14602 1 year ago

Has anyone who had inconsistent auto plunges been able to fix it 100%? I’ve tried everything I can find suggested, washer under left side, shooter lane fork, bending the forks of the auto plunger so they both touch the ball at rest, trying different powers in the menu, putting a piece of Velcro under the playfield to reduce the pullback of the auto plunger and reduce slop.

Nothing has made the auto plunge 100%, it especially fails during multiball when more than one ball is launched in quick succession.

If anyone has any other suggestions I’d be very grateful or is this just something everyone accepts just happens occasionally with this machine?

Thanks

#14609 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I was able to get my auto plunge working 100% of the time by bending the forks in towards the center so they make more consistent contact with the ball. Prior to that they were both touching the ball at rest, but the balls probably won't be in that at rest position during multiball launches. The width on my forks now is the same as the ball groove in the shooter lane.

My forks are bent in quite abit already. It seems to be coming out straight too so I don’t think that’s the problem. It seems to only start to go off track where the metal starts, so I guess I either need more washers or less. I’ve taken a video, just working out how to upload to the forum.

#14611 1 year ago

Ok, I tried to do it on Vimeo but for some reason it took the slow Mo off. I’ll go sign up for YouTube lol

#14612 1 year ago

So I think it's going straight before it hits the metal part, which means the forks in the auto plunger are ok. It quite obviously hits the right side higher up and then ricochets about and dribbles out at the top but I think it may actually hit the left side first as it's traveling up the fork but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

I also just tried removing the washer under the left fork and also adding another washer so there were two under there. Without the washer seems abit better but still not 100%

#14613 1 year ago

How ball sits on forks, seems pretty even to me.

383389DE-1591-42BE-B485-2811E2224F0B (resized).jpeg383389DE-1591-42BE-B485-2811E2224F0B (resized).jpeg

Played a couple of games it’s actually a lot better without the washer, I think I added the washer and then later bent the auto plunger forks. I may have fixed it by bending the forks but it was still messing up because of the washer. It’s not 100% still but it’s a lot better

#14644 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Simple question - is it possible to hit the smart missile target if the jeep is on the right-hand side? Seems like a thread the needle shot if so, but just wanted to check before I go crazy.

Yes it’s possible to squeeze it past there, or you can try and cheese it and shoot the center spinner, at the right strength it will drop into the pops and then you have to hope for a lucky hit

3 weeks later
#14809 1 year ago

I have some chipping around my upper flipper post, art removed. Ive been wondering whether I can just put a bit of Mylar over it or if I should attempt to repair the clear first, which I have no experience of doing.

#14838 1 year ago
Quoted from wkh952:

I updated our pro at work with the new code (1.06?) and it has had multiple software crashes in a couple weeks since. It has like 15,000 plays and never crashed before the new code.
Is this a known issue? Do I wait for an update? Can I go back to old code? Did I screw up the install somehow?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Don’t think this is a widespread issue. Think the standard suggestion here would be to either flash a new sd card as it’s easy and cheap to try or just try the code update again on existing sd. If doing through a usb select the verified code update

1 month later
#14952 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Lots of post rubber suppliers, in many colors, straight and tapered, but the original Stern part is black, part number 545-5308-00
Pinballlife and others sell them for under a buck each.

I ordered these recently from pinball life because I thought that’s where I got my last batch but they were different. The factory stern posts and my last batch I ordered are kind of more hard plastic than rubber and last forever, these were just black rubber. Anyone know where to get the more plasticy ones?

2 months later
#15414 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Anyone know where you can buy this JP translite?
[quoted image]

I think that's a xianek one
https://xianek.eu/

1 week later
#15488 1 year ago

I'm considering swapping my prem for a pro plus cash. I usually turn off the trex anyway and I don't think I'll miss the helicopter but I'm not 100% how the raptor pit works on the pro. When the ball is trapped in the pit on the prem and you just have to bash the gate, on the pro do you have to hit the back target to decrease integrity or is it any of the targets in the pit make progress? How much harder is it? Am I forgetting to consider anything else? Thanks

#15491 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Any target to decrease integrity. Back target for lock and start Multiball. I can backhand the back target with the left flipper quite easy. It's quite hard but possible with the right flipper. I don't think it's harder over all. On premium you have to hit the wall and the ball can go anywhere... Definitely the main difference. I considered upgrading my pro, but I didn't. Wonder why the gap in the ranking score is so high from pro to premium.

Thanks. I think a lot of people absolutely love the trex, I always turn it on for guests and they think it’s amazing but it doesn’t really add anything for me anymore so I turn it off when I’m alone

3 weeks later
#15727 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I hadn't played JP in quite a while, definitely not since the latest update, and just went to play it now.
And it appears that my IC Home Team is no longer working on there, without the QR reader being installed.
Is this a known thing that stops working on code updates?
When they first announced Home Team is right when my GZ was delivered, which has IC installed on it, and I installed HT on my JP by hooking up the QR reader to it to initialize it (on top of getting wifi dongle and microSD card) and it worked no problem after removing the QR reader.
But I have restarted my machine multiple times and it never connects to IC. I went to NET settings and it sees the wifi dongle as well as microSD card, but as expected, says I need a QR reader hooked up to do anything.
So does anyone know if this is normal when upgrading the code? I'm going to try and set it up later when I have time but was curious if this is known.

Yeah that's normal, you need the reader plugged in when updating code via wifi but when updated you don't need it for home team anymore. You can still do it the old fashioned way though

#15729 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I'm a bit confused by what you said.
I honestly don't know if I updated over wifi on the last code update or not. Is it possible to even update via wifi if I don't have the reader installed? I thought you needed the QR reader installed to actually update over wifi.
And if that is true, are you saying that updating the old fashioned way with a USB stick, are you saying that you shouldn't have to setup home team again?

I do not believe it is possible to update over wifi without a reader installed. Once you update though you can unplug it again.

I don't know if you have to re-set up home team if you update via usb but you can update via usb without a reader plugged in.

Maybe I mis-understood what you originally said and so my first reply wasn't helpful but I thought my first reply covered it. Sorry if this still isn't what you're asking!

#15760 1 year ago

My trex is standing around gawping at me like a doofus!

On a game start when the trex does its initial roar it’s mouth stays open until an event is triggered where it’s activated and then it does whatever it’s supposed to do and works fine for the rest of the game.

I only recently turned it back on after disabling it for many games, I can’t remember if it always did this but I don’t think so and I assume it’s not meant to. Any ideas on what’s wrong and how to fix it? Thanks

#15778 1 year ago
Quoted from ufiti:

I also had this same issue. I'm sure there are other things that could cause this, but in my case it ended up being a very simple fix. The plastic on the jaw happened to be rubbing a bit too tightly causing it to stay open when it shouldn't. All I had to do was trim a tiny bit off the end with an xacto and its been perfect ever since.

Thank you, I'll take a look at that

#15823 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have a premium running on 1.02 (yes I know code is old) and sometimes the spinner has a delay in registering spins. Does that happen for anyone else? It always registers the spins but sometimes it takes a second instead of it being immediate like everything else.

I’ve noticed recently that to qualify spinner shots in some modes, it doesn’t register until the spinner stops spinning rather than when you hit the shot. At least I thought that was what was happening, it maybe just a delay. No idea why

1 week later
#15900 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Hi all,
Seriously considering adding a JP to the home lineup as a second pin to join my Godzilla Pro. Does anyone have any thoughts on pro vs premium. I have played the pro on location and thought it was a great shooter. I like it more than Cactus Canyon - which was my other thought for a second pin. I realize either way it would probably be great, but just curious what others think. Thanks!

I have a premium, if I could go back in time I'd have got a pro and pocketed the extra cash. I play a lot and the t-rex got boring after a while, I switch it off now when playing alone, guests absolutely love it though. I do much prefer the raptor area and art on the premium. I had an opportunity to swap my prem for a pro and cash and seriously considered it but in the end I decided I'd rather keep my prem that I bought nib and know it's had no serious issues and has a fantastic looking clearcoat after 2000 games, than swap for a pro I don't know about. Also I do think I'd miss the raptor gate and captive ball that you can trap in there.

I'd say if you have a lot of guests coming to play or don't play a lot yourself get the prem, the t-rex is very entertaining, it also helps people not sure on the rules as its an easy indicator of when you might want to shoot that ramp. The art is much better, the raptor area is superior, I could take or leave the helicopter but I know some people love that too. If you play a lot you won't regret the pro.

#15914 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I know it’s a pretty standard issue on the shooter lane ramp, but wanted to ask, does this look correct? I’ve circled an area that I thought I fixed. Initially, I was getting rejects up the shooter lane ramp, but that flap that is circled was in front (not tucked in behind). It was not secure anywhere and flapping around and with slow-mo video, that’s what seemed to be causing rejects up the ramp. So I tucked it back behind the ramp (how it is now) where I thought it belonged. I’m about 80% success up the ramp now on the auto launch. I’d sure, like to get to 100% though, and thought I’d start by seeing if how it is now is how it’s supposed to be.
[quoted image]

The flap is meant to be in front. I’ve never managed to get my auto launch 100% on JP, even after trying all the suggested fixes. My GZ launch was 100% fixed with the shooter lane extra piece of hardware, would be awesome if someone created something that worked the same for JP!

3 months later
#16436 11 months ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

Hey all, got lucky and picked up a great used JP Prem a few months back. It's quickly become my family's favorite pin. The game is on code version 1.05.
We're having issues with the T-Rex catching the ball. I've read through many of the (very helpful) posts in this thread and others troubleshooting this issue.
I've:
- tested the ramp opto and mouth opto and magnet
- tweaked the middle position bias settings after running the T-Rex mech tests
- adjusted the height of the T-Rex bracket behind the playfield
- tried the tape fix on the ramp opto
On a perfect shot, the ball gets caught probably 50% of the time. On shots that aren't perfect but are good enough to start the mode (with the respective setting toggled), it's more like 20%. The odd thing is it feels like the ball gets caught more on the first T-Rex mode than the subsequent modes, but that just might be confirmation bias.
Comparing my T-Rex head movement to that from gameplay videos, I've noticed the right side of the T-Rex jaw (from the player's perspective) gently hits the right side of the plastic ramp on the way down which results in it sort of "popping" into position with its mouth open. The other thing I've noticed is when the mouth is open ready to catch, the head sits at an off-center horizontal angle to the ramp, facing the left side of the ramp and not straight down the ramp like I'd expect.
Couple questions for other owners: First, does anyone else's T-Rex gently contact the ramp plastic on the way down? This feels like it should be an alignment issue but in the tests with the correct middle position bias set, the head is totally centered when it's in its resting test position.
Second question: is the T-Rex head supposed to be able to sort of wiggle on its mech? With the glass off, I can jiggle the T-Rex head left and right. It feels like this is responsible for the head resting at an off-angle when it's lowered and ready to catch a ball, as I can very gently push it into the more correctly aligned position when it's down on the ramp.
Sorry for the essay, thanks!

Yes my trex nudges the right side (as you look at machine) of the ramp on the way down. Personally I’ve found having the jaw slightly left of center produces the most reliable catch on my machine, that’s the side the ball is travelling to slightly so makes sense I guess.

Yes I can move my trex head side to side with the machine off and do when I’m cleaning it.

I think it’s hard to know if your shots would reject from the ramp anyway and that’s why the trex isn’t catching it, with the trex off or on the pro you can still activate the bottom opto but not get it up and round the ramp.

3 months later
#18051 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Is this new code really that much a of a gamer changer ?

Nedry save alone makes the game a lot easier. I basically got 2 extra balls from the Nedry save first time playing. Not sure if I like it being easier or not yet!

#18102 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

For the left side of the playfield where the control room shot is, there is a very bright white light. What do you suggest to put there or is there something I can replace so that light isn't so bright? Its annoying.

Go into the menu and turn down flasher %

2 months later
#19727 5 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I've had my JP Prem for just over two years now and still absolutely love it.
I decided to check the audits tonight and found that I have over 4,200 game plays on it.
I am still on the original flipper coil stops and sleeves, believe it or not. (I know, I know)
I just ordered new sleeves and stops and will get the flipper coils rebuilt asap. Maybe I'll restore some power & energy to them; the tower shot has been especially difficult to get.

Absolutely replace the sleeves and stops but if by coil rebuild you mean replacing the actual coils, you shouldn’t need to do that unless they aren’t working at all, don’t waste money on new coils

1 month later
#20307 4 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

he looks too happy, otherwise cool.

She’s just seen that goat!

2 weeks later
#20458 4 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

JP 30th on Pinside:
PINSIDE RATING
This game has received 10 approved Pinsider ratings. 40 more approved ratings are needed to get a rating and for it to be eligible for the Pinside Pinball Top 100 ranking.

Surely more than 10 approved Pinsiders have played the 30th by now? Why so few ratings?
Another 30 ratings are needed for this version to appear on the Pinside Top 100. A this rate it will take a long time for the 30th to appear along side the other JPs
What this may indicate, and almost certainly does, is that less than 500 units were produced. If so, then this model is one very rare bird.

It doesn't really matter, people know JP is a great game and it's still always up high in the top 100 if anyone looks to that to help make decisions. IMDN LE doesn't have enough rankings to be rated either and that's been out for years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

13,200 (OBO)
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=noskills and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.