(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9637 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Besides tightening the out lanes a little, are there any other subtle ways to make JP a little easier?
I'd like to say it's just for my 6yr old son who's really starting to love JP, but I'm stagnating quite a bit. After 1000+ games, my high score is ~650 million (which I set in the first month or two of ownership), I haven't seen anything new in the game for a long time and am yet to reach any of the wizard modes. I've tried the "play better" route, but it seems my JP is set up a little hard, or my skills just aren't good enough.
I play it every day and absolutely love it still, especially with Timlah's code, but my improvement just isn't there.
Any ideas?

If you open the leaf switches on the sling shots a little, they won't do so much action. Will make it a little easier. Adjust tilt pendulum to make it possible to judge a fair amount (death safe should be nearly unpossible). A lot of home users cheat on completely remove tilt...

If you want to improve your skill: learn how to control and max out Multiballs. It's possible to make a lot of points even in T-Rex and Raptor Multiball for example (my best Raptor was 500 mio+, T-Rex 300mio+, still didn't reach escape nublar...). The key to JP in general is ball control imo. If you just shoot it's fun, but you will drain soon. Try to stop balls, gain control, and make accurate shots. That will make you progress much further.

2 weeks later
#9938 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Finally got to Escape from Nublar and ESCAPED! ( yes, glass on normal tilt haha ) WHEW! What a game...my heart is pounding out of my chest.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's sooo much fun on this pin! Congrats! I did only reach that once (on regular play) and didn't make it... Next step for you: finish vc, mm, scr, en again and play wdrte! Still much to do... Woohoo

7 months later
#11866 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Hey everyone. Ive had my premium over a year now and while doing maintainence I just noticed the position of the upper flipper. Should it look like this or should it be pointing directly at the post? Ive owned so many new sterns and have never actually had to do flipper positioning changes so this can be a learning opp if needed!
I can hit the shots off that flipper so either its ok or Ive just gotten used to it.
[quoted image]

I think it's right that way. Adjusted mine the same way. You should make the loop and the tower with a good shot. The loop is a bit harder to shoot at imo.

#11894 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a JP premium that I just picked up late last week (NIB from the July run!) and am installing the Tilt Graphics side blades. I see there is no cutout for the hinge bolts recessed into the cabinet. Are people just going right over that area and concealing it or are you cutting it out with an exacto knife. i want to do some powder coating down the road so i'm guessing I will need to cut the hole out, but am curious what others have done. I typically only go with mirror blades, which have the cutouts, but wanted to try the side blades as I do like how they look on this game. thx

I think most like the look of blades without cutouts. The only reason you have to get to the bolts is to remove the hinges themselfs. You can even remove the Backbox by loosing the bolts in there instead.

If there are no cutouts in art / mirror blades I leave it that way. I would suggest to do the powder coating before installing the art blades

1 month later
#12454 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone have these WizBlades Art Blades installed? If so, how is the quality? And could you post or PM me a picture of them installed?
[quoted image]

I have art blades from wizardmod on my AiQ and installed myself. Great quality! I bought my JP with tiltgraphics already mounted. Looks great as well and no quality issues.

#12548 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have the blue helicopter blade Mezel mod?
Recently sometimes when my ball is passing by and it hits one of the "nails" it is getting stuck up on the rail and I have to shake the shit out of my machine to finally get it loose. It looked like the nail had been pushed up a little bit so I pushed it back down, but it happened again after that this morning when I was messing with it.
Anyone else experience this with that mod? It seems like it is something that started happening more recently too, it didn't happen at all the first like 3 weeks or so I had it then this past week I noticed it happening a bit.

I think there was an updated version by Mezel but my pin came with the first blue ones.

I removed this mod in the end as well as the good looking Raptor pen because of ball traps. I think it's senseless to put in mods that lead to ball traps or make Gameplay worse...

1 month later
#12969 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just use stock red or black flipper rubber. Similar to you, I tried Titans low bounce on my AIQ and felt the same way about it so I switched right back. The stock rubber does mean you should clean the playfield more often, but it's not that big a deal to do.

Just use stock rubber. Turn it a little once in a while and it will last really long. Plays best imo.

4 months later
#14220 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Yes, still hungry lanes. I swear, I think they program the sling power to purposefully hit those outlanes.

You can adjust them. But I would recommend to leave them factory.

2 weeks later
#14485 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Can I ask why people are doing this? Since the ball does not make contact with the screw heads I can’t see the benefit here. I just checked mine and even with the screw being a bit loose from the factory they still did not make ball contact as designed.

Same here. But on some machines it's said, the screws are touching the balls. And if not, the original flaps can take a little bit of momentum of the balls. That said, I left it original. If the ball doesn't make it's way, my shoot wasn't good enough...

2 weeks later
#14688 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I love my premium but I think the raptor pitt is more satisfying on the pro. It’s kind of like a mini loop shot that returns to the flipper.
Though for both, the raptor Pitt is the weakest part of the game. It’s my only critique of this masterpiece. I wish the section was used as a regular shot and integrated across modes, sort of how mechagodzilla is both its own little multiball function but also essentially one of the games main shots too.

Completely agree. Have a pro and considered to upgrade to a premium because I absolutely love this game and wanted to have the additional features. Played a well working premium and decided to... Stay on pro. T-Rex is cool and helipad is well, the raptor wall is nice, too. But pro flows better without T-Rex eating balls and I like the raptor pit on pro more, too. Everyones own choice, can't go wrong with one or another. Really great pin.

3 months later
#15184 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Post Passing Cont'd:
I played a Premium on location today.
I noticed two important differences between it and my PRO:
1. Longer flipper stroke, which means the flipper tip in the up position is higher, allowing more secure cradles but also more difficult roll passes.
2. Post passing possible, either direction, although not easily.
My theory is that these are related. Basic geometry would suggest that. An early flip with a longer-stroke flipper will send the ball "backward" slightly more than a would an early flip with a shorter-stoke flipper. The only thing I can think of that would create a shorter stroke (on my PRO) is a longer plunger or a longer stop. I know Stern sources parts where they can. Perhaps they tossed plungers into my flipper assemblies that were a tad longer than they ought to be. I do NOT speculate that there is variation in the stops, but I s'pose it's possible, since we've already been through the crappy-stops-on-NIB-Stern-games crisis of last year.

1: the flipper stroke will getting longer with hundreds and thousands of plays. The Plunger and the coil stop will be smashed together. If you ever change worn out Plunger, sleeve and coil stop you will see.
2: maybe post pass will getting easier, but should be possible with new Plunger and coil stops as well. Try to adjust flipper alignment first. Check if lower posts on sling shots are mounted properly.

1 month later
#15490 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I'm considering swapping my prem for a pro plus cash. I usually turn off the trex anyway and I don't think I'll miss the helicopter but I'm not 100% how the raptor pit works on the pro. When the ball is trapped in the pit on the prem and you just have to bash the gate, on the pro do you have to hit the back target to decrease integrity or is it any of the targets in the pit make progress? How much harder is it? Am I forgetting to consider anything else? Thanks

Any target to decrease integrity. Back target for lock and start Multiball. I can backhand the back target with the left flipper quite easy. It's quite hard but possible with the right flipper. I don't think it's harder over all. On premium you have to hit the wall and the ball can go anywhere... Definitely the main difference. I considered upgrading my pro, but I didn't. Wonder why the gap in the ranking score is so high from pro to premium.

2 months later
#16128 1 year ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

I’m trying to get the ball off of the stem that’s holding the truck, not the one in the playfield. How do I get enough grip on the ball so I can turn the nut holding it on? Feels impossible.

Wrap adhesive tape around the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=trektobbygermany and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.