(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Seems to be a lot for me. Very interactive, unlike some titles. T-REX chase is a good example....you feel him walking at different speeds.

Which shaker motor is best. I hated the red tremor. I prefer more of soft rumble like Houdini. Pinball life? Stern?

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Was getting rejected shots on the T-REX ramp, even when they were perfect going up. Also loud and clanking shots from the upper flipper to the Raptor Tower ramp. Turned down the power settings on all 3 flippers, and the shots are much nicer now...almost butter smooth. I set mine to 220. Your machine may be slightly different, but I think the stock 255 is too strong for JP.

Very cool. Where do most of you have your level set ?

#1813 4 years ago

adding a polk sub....are people still alligator clipping to exiting sub or is a method like pinnovaters Stern spike sub board safer?

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Changed mine on StarWars to about 135 deg, while the screw doesn't have a indent on the motor shaft, tightening down the allen wrench screw still allows for straight travel for the flyweight during rotation. I found 180 to be almost non existent shake...and 90 was still too much. Which Stern could code some intensity settings into the motors rather than just duration/frequency

So how do you adjust? Loosen set screw and rotate flywheel ?

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Pro, or otherwise?? Some nice changes to the raptor toy for the pros have been posted. And.....at the risk of being lynched, I'll say you may want to add some additional play field lighting. Some folks, myself included feel the game is a bit dark, but wait and judge for yourself.

curious about raptor changes.

#1893 4 years ago

Very cool. I have the pinball life shooter rods that was made to let you design your own handle. How would you mount it ? Small hole then epoxy ?

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The Shaker integration is fantastic on the Pre/LE .
If you have a pro without a shaker motor go get one!!! Must have.

Which shaker ? Stern or pinball life?

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Go Stern.. You will love it. Make sure you are on maximal in the setting!

149? Any place cheaper. Was hoping Pin life one was just as good

#1944 4 years ago

Which green post sleeves look best on JP2

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I used Super Bands

Pinball life ?

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I like titan for regular rubbers but the post sleeves don't hold up very well.
Get cliffy post sleeves, and titan rings.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=common/home
https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

So are the stern ones 1 1/16”

3 weeks later
#2453 4 years ago

Whatever money they save making cheap pf and clearcoat they must lose 3x in replacement pf.

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

If you remove the shaker cover, there is an offset weight on both sides of the motor. There are little Allen screws that you can loosen and adjust the position of the weight. Only need to adjust one side relative to the other. If they're both in the same position (on both sides of motor) you will get the maximum shake. I had to tame my ST one down because it was rattling the glass so much. I could try installing anti-rattle tape I guess. It worked in my ACNC.[quoted image]

I’ve installed about 20 shakers. Confused on JP. Shaker from pinball life. It comes with an inline 4 inch capacitor with connectors. I can’t see any way they line up. Here is pic of my install without the extra inline connector. Where does it go ?
E5704F36-DBBC-4CBA-BAEA-EB82B2DC91EF (resized).jpegE5704F36-DBBC-4CBA-BAEA-EB82B2DC91EF (resized).jpeg

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s a filter into a different connector on the same board you plugged in the shaker harness to. Should be in the instructions, if not I’ll take a pic.

Thx!

no instructions came with my kit. Just looked on pinball life site. They have a pdf. Funny thing is in the first pic you the shaker and about 12 inches of wire/conn. Then you see the install where they wire travels around 20 inches all the way to the board. No mention of the filter.

#2494 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

[quoted image]

Thx. That is not even mentioned

#2593 4 years ago

If I have non Pinheads over. Best way to get them started? Spell map. Then rescue? Then set trap ? Usually I point out mode shots on pins. This one you need to hit a few shots first so trying to have easy explanation

9 months later
#6725 3 years ago

Dumb question. Does JP let you control sling coil power? Working on a friends pins yesterday and he feels only thing he does not like is how strong the ball fires off the coils. Looked in settings but did not see it Thx

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes it does. Its definitely in the settings. I forget exactly where, but I've turned mine down a little and I'm debating on lowering them some more.

Thx I scrolled through adjustments but never saw them

2 months later
#8277 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i just installed the shooter knob and raptor kit over the weekend. Shooter knob may be the best one Ive ever seen and the raptor pit really adds a nice touch. Along with shaker and invisiglass I think im done! Really loving the game despite not being able to get past 275m so far. Ive had avengers premium since launch and this for a few weeks now. I think JP is the better Elwin game. It just shoots so damn well and has a ton to do. Really love this game.

Do you have the amber shooter rod? If so who sells them?

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Classic Game Rooms had some very recently. I would try them.

Thx. Dont see them on their site. Ill contact them.

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I told ya... Just drill out the prop and grind down the base!

where can you buy the copter?

#8298 3 years ago

anyone leaving the club in MD/PA/VA are let me know

Would also love to understand rules better Watched the long 2 hour video with Keith Elwin and still not quite sure what to do...

#8378 3 years ago

Trying to update a friends Premium. Ive done a few newer sterns with no issues...I click on the file to download. I click save and I get failed bsckblaze2 in my downloads folder. I see the green bar start to go across my firefox icon along the bottom then it stops after a few seconds...

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Is their server ever down?

#8384 3 years ago

turned off windows firewall and my anti virus...same issue

#8406 3 years ago

Think I found a JP a few states away just working on transport. Before I pull the trigger if anyone near MD/PA/VA pulling trigger on selling LMK. have cash or another great KE pin, IMDN

#8412 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Operation pinball has new Pros in stock, I highly recommend them! free fast shipping and of course no tax, that is who I got my premium from last month. They sent it with in 3 business days. But the premium right now is a tough to find used or NIB. Good luck!

Appreciate the tip. Looking for a HUO to save a little cash and maybe a few mods head start Thought my IMDN would be good trade bait but Ill wait for one for sale.

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It’s very strange. It spins freely and is not binding. It just wants to rest at like a 25 degree angle and it should be like a 5 degree angle. I can’t figure out what’s up with it.

I wonder if you remove it and place it some kind of edge it would sit normal? Maybe stern can send you a spinner

1 week later
#8554 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

EDIT - I managed to find a few copters on Amazon so if you are interested in getting one of these pre-modded and ready to drop into your machine, send me a PM.
Alternate process for Helicopter mod install (no grinding or sanding)
I got my helicopter in over the weekend and decided to install today. Many thanks to the brave souls before me who originally figured this out and shared with all of us... I wanted to see if I could find a way to install without having to grind away the bottom or deform the top in order for it to fit. Good news is, it can be done quite easily, and without having to take apart the copter. (unless you are trying to also do the cockpit light mod.
Basically with a pair of large needle-nose pliers, I grabbed the original rotor and with a couple of rocks back and forth, you can snap it off leaving a perfect guide hole. I also use the same pliers to snap off the lander gears. The remaining part of the landing gears may fall into the body of copter but they will come out later when you drill the larger holes.
Then on my drill press I used a 5/32" bit to go through the guide hole at top and straight down to create guide hole in bottom. Next, using a stepper bit on drill press I make a 1/2" hole through bottom plastic, this is the size of the shaft in the game you will be sliding copter over.
The trick to this method is to go with a larger hole on the top. Using the same stepper bit, I drill out top hole to a 5/8" hole, this allows for the washers and bearing to sit inside of the copter (instead of above it) and gives us the clearance needed without having to grind off the bottom of the copter.
You can see in the final pictures that the copter sits in perfectly with just enough clearance for the blades to spin and all without grinding away any material. You don't need to do anything to secure the copter, it naturally sits in the perfect spot and doesn't move at all. I also decided to remove the remaining hex posts (since they were only there to hold original helicopter plastic) and just put 6-32 nuts in place to clean that area up. I also did as others have done and placed a small dab of hot glue on the rear propeller to hold it in the perfect position to make sure the main rotor misses it during rotation.
Everything spins and functions as it should and it truly looks like it could have come from the factory this way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just so I understand. I dont have a stepper bit Can I just use a diff size bit on each end of the copter?

#8573 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Put your game at 6.5. If you're a newer played, those shots are intentionally hard to find. Spend some more time on the game, and if you still can't make them, consider adjusting the angle of the flipper. I remember when I started out, I was constantly adjusting everything thinking it was the game and not me. Then I realized it was me
I'm at a point now where I can tell the difference, so my advice to you, is play the game more and see how you feel in a couple of weeks.

where is the bubble at 6.5? I don't have an inclinometer

#8590 3 years ago

Im having a hard time getting the C super skill shot. If I take glass off and roll the ball at it I get the 6 million. It seems even when i soft plunge I notice I am getting a 200k Amber award so somewhere I am activating a switch which stops the skill shot any ideas? Ill try again today to see if the ball is hitting something gently coming down to the flippers.

#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pinguy/id782973821
Never mind....I see you’re an Android user.

I used my iphone and it worked like a charm

#8608 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

One is a short plunge to a shot to the control room. Accidentally figured that one out

That one is hard. Isn't it only active for like 5 seconds or so?

1 year later
#14820 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats!
That list of things to do looks good, probably the only thing I'd add would be to check the ball doesn't catch the screw heads used on the Tower and Heli ramp flaps

Is that what causes rejects sometimes? Are there replacement screws?

#14824 1 year ago

Looking at the stern production thread. Don’t see JP premiums. Being run anytime soon?

1 month later
#15059 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

This game went from my biggest "rage quitter" to regularly getting 150M minimum scores. How I did it...?
1. Bring the posts as far in as possible. As already discussed, game is a drain monster, especially the right outlane.
2. Get the cliffy carbon fiber ramp entrances. Don't care what anyone says, the ball gets up the inverted ramps a LOT more than with any configuration/types of screws.
3. Remove the tilt bob. Look, I'm not going to ANY major pinball tourneys anytime soon. Who gives a rat ass about the tilt bob. Make the game fun for YOU. If all you get is drains left ad right, the most fun theme in the world won't matter.
4. Nudging. Man, when that ball doesn't make the inverted tower ramp or the left loop around the T-Rex ramp, you better know the physics of the ball and its anticipated trajectory cause it IS headed near that outlane OR off the top right flipper and dangerously close to STDM. Nudging is so key on this game. I think Keith intentionally designs his games to where if you know how to nudge, it seriously keep a game alive.
I used to get SO angry after a bad game. Three balls not lasting more than 25M in some cases. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. But once I completed the steps above AND got used to hitting both ramps with decent consistency, the game goes from a cage to a full on park. A...Jurassic Park if you will!

What are the carbon fiber ramp entrances?

#15062 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Cliffy makes a set of carbon fiber ramps which stick to the surface.

ok...his website is a little busy. Did not see them. Ill send an email.

#15070 1 year ago

is there a link on his page for JP mods?

3 weeks later
#15257 1 year ago

Looking to join the club. Have a very nice shadow to trade toward a pro. MD/PA/VA area

3 weeks later
#15426 1 year ago

Trying to join the club....Just looking for a pro ANyone leaving....Have a loaded Houdini that I have a few offers on to ship or could do cash when i sells. MD/PA/DE/NJ/VA area

I had one on loan and loved it....One of the things that did confuse me, going by memory so I will be incorrect, but when you have the smart missile and you see the ground target I have no idea what I am doing or aiming for

#15428 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The pops target (same target to start Chaos MB) - it's a tight shot!

Is that the amber shot?

#15431 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes - the Amber/Pops standup target. The target insert flashes yellow for Amber, blue for Smart Missile and red for Chaos MB.
Smart Missile is only lit (left inlane) if the truck is facing to the left, otherwise Super Spinner (right inlane) will be lit.

So smart missile has nothing to do with lock down bar button? I think I was trying to use that

#15438 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

OK let me reel you guys back into our amazing thread.
Are there any mods you guys wish someone would make or make again?

Amber shooter rods seemed to have dried up

#15456 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

I really like the helipad sign as that shot is hard to spot for new players and it's consistent with the theme and animations.
But the best mod is the pteradon.
Nobody ever guessed that it's not original.
That'

I got this one as a Backglass. I love it.

Mezel mods? Looks like helipad sold out...who sells pteradon?

#15458 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Amazon. Search in this thread.

Very cool... $7 on Amazon....anyone make one and best way to mount in that right ramp area?

#15465 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

amazon.com link »

Funny the bird I had in my cart was fantarea. Looks like a great mod and perfect location. Does not look like a Happy Meal toy mod

#15470 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Thanks Mr_Tantrum I'm going to order it from Amazon and then I searched for piano wire and saw this 4 pack of 12" "music wire" that seems to be same thickness as piano wire.
amazon.com link »

Ill get those too. Its funny how something that is $1 and they offer free shipping, if I order a small part from a vendor most are lie $12+

#15492 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks. I think a lot of people absolutely love the trex, I always turn it on for guests and they think it’s amazing but it doesn’t really add anything for me anymore so I turn it off when I’m alone

Im in the market for a JP pro. I was thinking premium but when I see the price diff...2-3k the diff in the premium after the T-Rex moving there is just not enough there to justify IMO.

#15521 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I bought the JP topper from another Pinsider and it arrived in perfect condition. It looks amazing and I'm very happy with it.
Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the official Godzilla (and Rush) toppers...is there an official waiting list to get added to somewhere?

Does it have a light show? Just looks like static plastic and led strip.

#15529 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Tilt topper is still the best and cost me $245 shipped.
[quoted image]

Looks great. Looks like they don’t sell JP any more?

#15541 1 year ago

What is the easiest way to upgrade back box speakers? Don’t feel like messing with speaker panels or crossover switches. Pinball pro? Will prob do the same to stranger things as well. Thx!

#15545 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

If you're not interested in a light kit and are just wanting to upgrade the speakers / improve sound, these Kicker speakers work great. I have them in both my Jurassic Park and Godzilla.
amazon.com link »

Thx! So you just replace speakers? No additional hardware or wiring?

#15547 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

For 4” backbox speakers no additional stuff required. Ideally you solder it in, but technically you could even crimp it in with the connectors that come with the Kickers.
I put together a cheat sheet here:
http://bit.ly/sternaudio

Very helpful. Looks easy.

#15552 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

For 99$ you get 5.25 and light kit and all brackets... Not sure that you can beat that.
If you go the 4inch route and do it a bit yourself, sure.
All depends on how comfortable you are.
My 2 cent.

Yep....Getting 2 of them.

2 weeks later
#15665 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Exactly, usually failed ramp or orbits have landed the ball in the drain pretty easily in most games i have owned and played but i find the pf layout quite intentional in that there are little obstructions to ensure the ball doesn't just fall into an outlane on its way down the pf racing down a ramp.
This upper post flipper alignment is a game changer to me esp on multiball. Usually ill lose track of whats going on up at that flipper and then a few balls are just dumping down the center instead of crossing up the center. Did a couple hrs of play testing and even on fast orbits, the ball will arc across to the left sling.

Getting back in the club. Can you show me the post that outlines the problem and the solution? Thx!

#15671 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Upper flipper post, align the flipper bat as in my picture.
The face of the bat is straight with the ball guide that feeds it. The post should offset it to the left just a bit as per the marker dimple on the pf
[quoted image]

Thx!

1 week later
#15744 1 year ago

Still trying to join club. Anyone with a loaded JP pro near MD/DE that wants to join Godzilla club and trade for a loaded pro send me a pm

#15747 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

What do you not like about godzilla?

Had it almost a year. Like the JP theme a little better. Both great games.

#15791 1 year ago

Who sells the best copter blades for the pro. East to replace the static ones.

1 week later
#15872 1 year ago

Picking up a JP next week. I may get the Stern topper to make deal happen. Will prob sell when I get it home. Are they worth 5-600$ to sell?

Thx, Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12,999.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

12,000 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.