(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240430_181943995 (resized).jpg
IMG_8972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7536 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1644 (resized).JPG
IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carl71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14912 1 year ago

Hi all. I bought a JP Pro yesterday. today it is acting up. For example I finished a game. Got the high score. Put my name in and then as it scrolled through the different high scores for the challenges it froze. Screen went blank and it re initialised. When it came back on the last game and my high score were lost. Its happened 3 times tonight at various points. Has anyone had the same issue or knows what is occurring. Thanks all

#14916 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Sounds software related, so the first place I'd start troubleshooting this at is the SD card. Are you familiar with where this is in the backbox? With the machine off, you'll want to pop it out and see what it looks like. Is it the Stern OG card that ships with the machine, or did the previous owner install custom code (very popular with this machine), with a potentially cheap/shotty SD card.
Send some pics of the card after you eject it and we can help.

Here is the SD card. The precious owner has updated the machine to 1.0.6

20220916_082652 (resized).jpg20220916_082652 (resized).jpg
#14920 1 year ago

Thanks. Do you know where I can get 1.05 other than emailing Stern? Is there a 1.05 or is 1.03 the one before? Thanks

#14921 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I’ve heard 1.06 can cause issues resetting or hanging if you don’t have insider connected. Try the 1.05 code on a separate SD card.

Do you know where I can get 1. 05 apart from emailing Stern? Is there a 1. 05 or was 1. 03 the one before? Thanks

2 weeks later
#15000 1 year ago

Hi. I am not technical so can anyone help explain what I need to do as I keep getting a service message telling me switch 17 trough 4 isn't working. The game seems to work fine but I don't know what it means.

When I find that switch on the switch test menu it says Out of Service bit I seem to be able to switch it back to In Service. Then the message comes back later

Thanks

#15002 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Which actual switch is that? Like where on the playfield?

Assume it is in the ball trough. Have no idea what type of switch and why there are 6 of them and why the machine would work despite it. The balls seem to come out ok

#15005 1 year ago

For those who have added a toy raptor over the raptor pen to replace the crappy plastic, what is the best method for securing it? Double sided tape, glue or another way?

Thanks in advance

#15006 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Be careful friend. These trees are like Pringles[quoted image]

looks awesome. how many did you snap lol

#15008 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

I would use a soft, malleable clay adhesive thst holds things in place but never hardens.
Google "DAP Blue Stick Reusable Adhesive Putty". That's what I use!

Thanks that's great advice

1 week later
#15090 1 year ago

Hi all. I want to add spot lights to the top of the slingshots. Can some confirm that the thread of the post and nut shown in the photo is 8-32.

I want to make sure I order the correct sized hex spacer to raise the lights up

Thanks

20221013_181303 (resized).jpg20221013_181303 (resized).jpg
#15094 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I believe it is that. It's either that or 6-32 but I don't believe it is that small.
Any specific reason you aren't just going to get a kit? I ordered 2 of these 2 light kits and they come with everything you need, including both 6-32 and 8-32 parts.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit?_pos=1&_sid=3db10b555&_ss=r

Thanks. Unfortunately I am in the UK so postage is double the cost of the kit so have to build my own from UK parts lol.

I will order 8-32 as agree they look bigger than 6-32

2 weeks later
#15212 1 year ago

Hi. Just upgraded my Pro speakers to 5.25 Kenwoods from Pinball Life.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are better audio settings I should use from the menu

Thanks

#15225 1 year ago

Hi. I have replaced my speakers and sub to 4ohm ones and set up the audio settings. However. Everytime I switch the machine back on just the back box speakers have reset to 8 ohms. All other settings stay as selected. Any ideas?

#15227 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

MXV, anyone?
It’s a secret-skill-shot sequence.
Full plunge to left ramp to right ramp to loop to side ramp. I am yet to do this.
Today I accidentally accomplished the “impossible” combo:
Right orbit to loop. This is basically a u-turn at the upper flipper.
I have also succeeded in combo’ing out of the loop to the side ramp at least a few times. Perhaps you all do that routinely.

Yeah i do it all the time lol

#15241 1 year ago

I have updated my pro with the Kenwood 4ohm speakers. I am runni g the custom movie code based on 1.05 and it constantly resets the ohm setting to 8 after I have set it to 4. As I can't find out a fix for this the question is whether I can leave the 8ohm setting even though I am using 4 ohm speakers. I hope so as do t want to keep having to change to 4 ohm before I start playing after turning on. Any advice?

1 month later
#15500 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Piano wire, drill a hole in the Pteranodon's butt (no need to glue if it's a firm fit), and attach the end to the wireform post
[quoted image]

Hi. Could I ask for a bit more info on how you attached it to the wirework post? E.g did you simply bend the wire into a loop, or did you do anything like hammer it flat?

Carl

4 weeks later
#15767 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

hey everyone, just wanted to pop in here real quick and get some owners thoughts on the pro vs. premium for this game. I'm currently leaning more towards the pro mainly for the price, the moving t-rex head looks like something that would break? and it throwing the ball into the pops sounds like something else breaking lol. I hear a lot of people talk about how much better the raptor pit is on the premium and I get there is a physical gate, but I dont understand in practice why or how thats a big improvement? anyway I really would just love some perspective from some owners out there on the 2 options. also does anyone know roughly how much longer this game will run?
separate topic also, but I'm fairly new to pinball. I currently own a Godzilla premium but my knowledge of the machines themselves is pretty limited, with that in mind should I stick to NIB for now until I learn more about the machines or should I hold out and wait for a descent prices used game here? Seems like prices are same or higher here than NIB on a lot of the newer games like this.
Thank you for any and all helpful comments

I looked at both and played both, however, although the animated T Tex and Raptor Pit are nice touches, here in the UK the Premium is £3000 more expensive. So I got a Pro and spent £500 on Raptor Pit Mezel mod, mirror blades, upgraded speakers and speaker lights and shaker motor, through in some Palm Trees, a helicopter and Pteranodon figure and I think I did the right thing. The game play is not so different in my view to warrant the price hike. Hope that helps

2 months later
#16255 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Hello all, I'm not yet an owner (have had my July pre-order in since January) but today I started designing mods that I will put on my own game.
I figured I'd put out this first mod in case anyone also wants one.
"T-Rex", easy install, screwless wear protectors textured to match the default Stern rails as much as possible.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08126--flipper-button-wear-protectors-2-for-jurassic-park
I've been making these for my own games starting with RUSH as I'm tired of buying those single piece rails with wear protector and mostly removing the old ones and installing the new ones and realized this is way easier, cheaper and adds some art flair
anyway thanks for looking and hope you guys are enjoying your JP.
-brian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from brzezicki:

Hello all, I'm not yet an owner (have had my July pre-order in since January) but today I started designing mods that I will put on my own game.
I figured I'd put out this first mod in case anyone also wants one.
"T-Rex", easy install, screwless wear protectors textured to match the default Stern rails as much as possible.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08126--flipper-button-wear-protectors-2-for-jurassic-park
I've been making these for my own games starting with RUSH as I'm tired of buying those single piece rails with wear protector and mostly removing the old ones and installing the new ones and realized this is way easier, cheaper and adds some art flair
anyway thanks for looking and hope you guys are enjoying your JP.
-brian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi do you ship to the UK and if so what would be Postage costs? Thanks

1 month later
#16454 11 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Update ... I downloaded the Zip of the JP Ultimate movie code from the link that was sent to me.
But I cannot get Win32 Disk Imager to open (after I downloaded it). So I can't put the .Raw file onto the SD card.
I then downloaded Pinball Browser, but it wouldn't work until I "donated" $20. I don't really care to be forced to pay a "donation" - and I don't even know if it'll work either.
Any tips?

Have you tried running Win32 as Administrator? Sometimes that works. Right mouse click.

I definitely used Win32 for mine which did work

3 months later
#18491 8 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

we played 1.11 for a bit last night on a pro and got a number of resets. went back to movie code for now.

Me too. I have an original Pro and got 3 resets. Annoyingly when set for a decent score! Does anyone know if there is a bug tracker for Stern to be informed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Delray Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carl71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=carl71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.