(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stubborngamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9439 3 years ago

Plunked down the money for my first ever pinball machine today. A Jurassic Park Pro. It's been a lot time coming, been living in an apartment until the ripe age of 44, where a wife and child prompted the move to a house. Still have about 3 weeks of renovations to the new house to get throigh before I cam get it shipped.

3 weeks later
#9705 3 years ago

Finally got my first ever pinball machine, a Jurassic Park Pro. Honestly it's even more fun than I thought I would have with it. Wife loves it too. Only issue is the left ramp doesn't always trigger, anyone know what the issue might be?

#9714 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Congrats, excellent first pin in my opinion. I also had issues with fast clean shots not registering. I took some blue painters tape and covered the bottom half of the opto lens and that did the trick for me. Can't explain why it works but read it had worked for others also so maybe give it a shot.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, took me a few moments to figure out what I was doing since it's my first pinball machine fix ever, but pretty easy to do once I figured it out. I used black electrical tape, seems to trigger every time it should now!

2 months later
#10514 2 years ago

Managed to get to Visitor's Centre and Secure Control room with a 2 bil score after 3 months of ownership, was not expecting that so soon, my previous high was only half a bil with only getting to the t-rex line of the map. Not sure how long it will take to actually get to Nublar, let alone actually completing successfully all the wizard modes. While I did do well in the two wizard modes, I didn't actually complete them.

Anyways, I've been purposely avoiding any info about the game, while I feel like my gaming instincts have slipped, a lot, since my youth, I guess some of it is still left in these older bones.

#10525 2 years ago

It doesn't feel like you are locked into a path, but to make the game easier there are certain things you want to do, like time the multiballs while in a mode or modes. I am very inconsistent in my shots though, there are times where I can hit the right paths well, and others where I am flailing and seemingly missing everything. Though it could just be because I didn't pre learn the game, that it just seems like there's more options than there actually is. I don't think it's a simple game with too little to do, or all the fun start right at the start of the game.

3 months later
#11415 2 years ago

There's no logical reason why you can't still install timlah79's code on the new machines. The question though is if it's even possible for him to make a version of the code with the insider stuff enabled.

#11418 2 years ago
Quoted from bdaddy:

I'm no expert, but here's how I understand the custom audio/video situation:
you need pinball browser to edit the code to include the audio/video. Most of us can do this ourselves if we have the audio/video assets. The problem as I understand it comes that pinball browser keeps getting "broken" every time they release a new code update as Stern appears to purposefully be trying to prevent people from modding the games with other assets. It gets fixed eventually, timlah does his magic to map the assets to the new mapping that may or may not change with each code version, we get it from him, and repeat.
With this version it's likely to be a significant code difference, or new node boards like GOTG, and pinball browser might not be so easy to fix to work with. And even if it's fixed, the mapping may be so different it would take timlah more effort than he feels is worth to go through and remap everything. And assuming both are true, then who knows what the new "online" mode will do as far as recognizing it and then disabling things, etc.
Basically it's a lot of open questions and as someone else pointed out, you might not want to buy a new JP EXPECTING to be able to use the new code on it, because honestly we all have no idea if that will be the case.

Nothing stops you from using an old code though. Yes the process of actually trying to keep the code up to date is probably a huge headache, even if it's possible it's up to him if he wants to do it. You can also always switch back and forth, try the new stuff, if you are interested, but still have the not insider enabled version with movie clips at the ready.

#11421 2 years ago

Ok, ignore me then, hadn't realized they took those kinds of steps.

1 year later
#15339 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

BEST GAME EVER!
[quoted image]

I haven't been too intrigued by most of the mods I've seen for Jurassic Park, but that gold coin door is pretty badass.

#15366 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Anyone have movie code and insider connect working on their JP? Not sure if my movie code works with it since it says 1.03. I want to upgrade to IC but don’t want to lose custom code

You have to ditch the movie code if you want to use Insider Connected.

#15371 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No you dont. 1.05 works with IC

Interesting, could've sworn the person that made the code thought you had to use stock code to use IC. Was he mistaken?

1 week later
#15461 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

I really like the helipad sign as that shot is hard to spot for new players and it's consistent with the theme and animations.
But the best mod is the pteradon.
Nobody ever guessed that it's not original.

It's possible if I saw these mods in person I'd be more jazzed about them. I have toyed with the idea of adding a custom mod, though as a one pinball machine dude I tend to think more about what my next one will be than tricking out what I already own.

#15510 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Has anyone here added an IC (Insider Connected) to a JP Pro?
Very difficult to set up?

Yes, it's very easy, just don't bother to follow the instructions that come with the IC kit, they tell you to do things that are unnecessary. Like lifting the playfield up.

1 month later
#15974 1 year ago

The Shaker motor in some games I've tried, like Rush, seems amazing. Anyone know how the Shaker motor feels in a Jurassic Park? I am thinking about installing one.

#15979 1 year ago

I can certainly imagine how a game with dinosaurs stomping around would hugely benefit from a shaker motor, just making sure. Definitely will take the plunge, thanks for the comments.

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks for your help.
Are you telling me I can at least access the mode if I log in with IC?
My game is from a recent run and has IC, but I've never used it.

I think you have to activate insider connected for it to work, having said that it's not an easy mode to get to.

7 months later
#19331 6 months ago

I think they are intentionally vague, as always, about Insider Connected to make you think this might actually be better than it actually is.

1 week later
#19420 5 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Was hoping for something more interesting than that but its not like we were charged for it. Seems very easy though.

Yeah I don't think they are putting a lot of effort into this thing. Just doing "something" to sell their newer games. The Foo Fighter Quest is another low effort one. They seem pretty unwilling to invest in the man power to make Insider Connected a really fleshed out thing. It could just be a budget thing, but maybe it's intentional because they'd rather people sell their old games, to buy the newer ones rather than make insider connected something that keeps people playing the older ones.

1 week later
#19620 5 months ago

I've noticed with co-op mode it won't retain the co-op setting if you press start at the continue screen. You have to go all the way back to the selecting players screen to activate it again. Pretty annoying design.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 49.99
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stubborngamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=stubborngamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.