FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 76.
#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, just got back from soccer practice and this thread exploded. I'll catch up on the video and good stuff later, but just have to say it's a pleasure seeing lots of positive attitudes for once after a pin reveal.

Yeah, I think most of us gave JJP a pretty tough time last reveal. DI turns out to be a neat game. POTC has raised the bar and JJP and team deserves praise for making this happen.

#2152 6 years ago

I'm really impressed. This is the first pin reveal I've seen in 4 years which has made me think "what pin should I sell to make room?" (Not saying it is the best pin made in the last 4 years but it might be... we will see).

Looks great. I cannot wait to play!

#2153 6 years ago

Star Wars...

get the fuck outta here (resized).jpgget the fuck outta here (resized).jpg

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is what happens when you take a chance on new young talent with a vision. Game looks incredible. Congrats JJP. Totally raising the bar.

And a company that is willing to support him!!

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

IDK how many people know that Eric was an unbelievably valuable piece in the WOZ puzzle to make the game solid, and what it has become today. I interacted with him ALOT in early WOZ days....great guy....very happy for him ( and me, now......)

They are both great guys all around, and Chris is a JJP distributor to boot.

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

IDK how many people know that Eric was an unbelievably valuable piece in the WOZ puzzle to make the game solid, and what it has become today. I interacted with him ALOT in early WOZ days....great guy....very happy for him ( and me, now......)

Agreed. I talked with him on the phone a few times as we tried to work through the light board problems on my early WOZ...mine was one of the worst. He's a great guy who's super-intelligent and deserves all the success he's due.

#2157 6 years ago

Any word on when they will be shipping?

#2158 6 years ago

I went to a JJP thread and a Stern thread broke out!

#2159 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Dammit! I was hoping you would get one so I could get some quality time on it haha

You never know, may 'need' one, have to play it lets face it wont be able to get one for the better part of a year anyways, we'll have to play it in may

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I went to a JJP thread and a Stern thread broke out!

Is this your first time on Pinside?

#2161 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Dev said Q1 2018 on the stream.

#2162 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

during the gameplay segment, eric said first quarter 2018.

#2163 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dev said Q1 2018 on the stream.

Ambitious, I hope so....

#2164 6 years ago

Well done JJP. Very happy for you guys. You are clearly now on top of the pinball world. Enjoy!

#2165 6 years ago

Is there any reason to go CE over LE if you don't care about Davy Jones Art and Armor?

#2166 6 years ago

Going to the Expo tomorrow, can't wait. I only wish the entry level model was more affordable. It looks like Eric created something very special.

#2167 6 years ago

Stern you're in trouble. Oh boy.

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Is there any reason to go CE over LE if you don't care about Davy Jones Art and Armor?

Topper and PF art is it I think. Personally the Standard/LE pf art is better. Topper on CE is cool, but I think the LE gets a perspex one anyway. I think its LE on this.

#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. I talked with him on the phone a few times as we tried to work through the light board problems on my early WOZ...mine was one of the worst. He's a great guy who's super-intelligent and deserves all the success he's due.

Spent countless hours with him “ bulletproofing” the game, and he always answered his phone, no matter the time, as the early system was basically rebuilt. All the more reason to have faith in this game. A DI guy I never was....happy I can support the company, and Eric, again.....

#2170 6 years ago

They all play the same. The JJP way.

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

JJP coding of the display is light years ahead of anyone. The overall presentation on the LCD is amazing. Stern's animations are just not very good at this point.

Yup. The amount of coding, and the quality / variety of it, is a huge difference maker when it comes to JJP games. High quality code adds to the value factor of these games in a big way.

#2172 6 years ago

Any word on price yet?

Any word on a Hobbit code update?

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

The following extra features are only on the CE:

POTC color barnacle covered body armor and legs
CE custom hand drawn Davy Jones art package
Special CE attract mode animation
Moving ship in a bottle topper
CE Backglass Art
RadCals instead of Hi Gloss UV ink
Printed manual

* EDIT -> also on LE: Stereo headphone jack w/ independent user adjustable volume controls

#2174 6 years ago

Watched a bit of the Stern seminar and it was quite depressing. Very somber mood, everyone looked nervous. Lost interest after the b66 code crap. Jumped in to the JJP launch, and you could tell the atmosphere in the room was electric. Heaps of passionate people playing pinball and smiling ear to ear.

#2175 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Any word on price yet?

I think JJP has another panel later in the show where they will talk more? They did last year.

#2176 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

The following extra features are only on the CE:
Stereo headphone jack w/ independent user adjustable volume controls
POTC color barnacle covered body armor and legs
CE custom hand drawn Davy Jones art package
Special CE attract mode animation
Moving ship in a bottle topper

Headphone jack is on the LE too.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Any word on price yet?

8500/9500/12500

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Headphone jack is on the LE too.

Good catch. Swap that out with CE Backglass Art and RadCals instead of Hi Gloss UV ink. Also adds a printed manual.

#2178 6 years ago

Muhammad-Ali (resized).jpgMuhammad-Ali (resized).jpg

#2179 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Watched a bit of the Stern seminar and it was quite depressing. Very somber mood, everyone looked nervous. Lost interest after the b66 code crap. Jumped in to the JJP launch, and you could tell the atmosphere in the room was electric. Heaps of passionate people playing pinball and smiling ear to ear.

Man I hope the economy doesn't collapse. I need to keep saving for one of these.

#2180 6 years ago

Holy shit, this one looks amazing. Not a huge Pirates fan but the game play looks to be a home run. There are some great games that have just one of these features, but this game has a ton of great ideas all under one piece of glass!

#2181 6 years ago

Congrats jjp.....taking it to the next level...you know Gary like wow....

#2182 6 years ago

Well, since this is a stern thread now, I'll chime in.

Jjp games are $8500, sterns are $5200.

Stern is still gonna be on top. They are still the only sane choice for operators and they are still gonna outsell jjp in home sales.

Dialed in is great and this looks good too, for a wide body. But all I see these games hurting is sterns LE sales.

Jjp is delivering for their intended customers and market, no doubt.

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

The armor is nice but the , different art, radcals, topper and 200 limited isnt for me especially 3k more.

#2185 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern you're in trouble. Oh boy.

#2186 6 years ago

looks like JJP POTC just took the wind out of the sails of :

ALIEN - TNA - HOUDINI - TBIRDS

worldsend02 (resized).jpgworldsend02 (resized).jpg

#2187 6 years ago

If Stern keeps cutting features from games and continues to release them with less and less code, they might as well rebrand as Zizzle. It's a shame JJP didn't get Star Wars. #5 is gonna be sweet as well. There isn't a JJP game I wouldn't want to own.

#2188 6 years ago

JJPOTC is like Babe Ruth hitting a basketball 500 feet to Shaquille O’Neil for backglass shattering dunk. JJP just put Stern to shame. This pin just looks incredible and flat out fun to play!

0F3C8F3A-D80C-40F4-83AD-F5B2C485AB49 (resized).jpeg0F3C8F3A-D80C-40F4-83AD-F5B2C485AB49 (resized).jpeg

Has this been done before? Tilt remaining inserts on the playfield. This pin is full of great ideas from a young promising designer. So great to see

#2189 6 years ago

STERNMEME (resized).jpgSTERNMEME (resized).jpg

#2190 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

looks like JJP POTC just took the wind out of the sails of :
ALIEN - TNA - HOUDINI - TBIRDS

I'd still rather have Alien or Houdini.

#2191 6 years ago

Wow! This game really blew away my expectations of what a widebody POTC game could be! Gameplay looks fast and there are a ton of toys and features... I love the upper left flipper loops and those spinning disks really speed up and randomize the ball. Eric really knocked his first game out of the park and looks to have a very successful career ahead of him as a designer! The game layout and features really seem innovative and JJP is really raising the bar. THIS is what a $9.5k pin should look like!

#2192 6 years ago

This is magnificent theme implementation and the actual POTC world under the glass.

It’s exactly what Star Wars isn’t.

#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But all I see these games hurting is sterns LE sales.

I agree with this. JJP can say they don’t remove playfield features which is thre, probl m is they just don’t have an answer to Sterns Pro which they don’t offer at all.

#2194 6 years ago

Alien- I'll believe it when that ship gets here and things work
TNA - Different game, at a different price point, totally awesome and well proven
Houdini - Let's see when it actually starts shipping and we see reviews
TBIRDS - Let's see when it actually starts shipping and we see reviews.

The only game money this might affect for me is Spooky's Alice Cooper. I might get this instead...

#2195 6 years ago

Just curious as to why the upper playfield spinner decals are not Jolly Roger Flags?

#2196 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The armor is nice but the , different art, radcals, topper and 200 limited isnt for me especially 3k more.

Agreed, I am not seeing $3K difference

#2197 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Tilt remaining inserts on the playfield.

Another subtle, yet super kick ass feature. I haven't seen anything like that on any other games. Also 2 ways to save the ball from drains.

Looks to me like the LE is the best value, the CE just doesn't have enough extras I care about since it's mostly looks and cosmetics and gameplay isn't affected. I also like the extras in the LE that aren't in the SE and think they're well worth the extra $1000. But if I were a true collector, I'd definitely go for the CE anyway because it's more about rarity and etc at that point I think.

#2198 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed, I am not seeing $3K difference

Me either, but Stern charged a bunch more for LE Star Wars with very little extra and everyone gobbled them up (in higher qty).

#2199 6 years ago

I can't wait till the Silverball Museum gets one of these!!! I may not be able to afford one myself, but I'm so pumped to see such an awesome game into production.

#2200 6 years ago

Where can I put a deposit down. Looks amazing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.