Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (2 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (2 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (2 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1638 2 years ago

Come on, the photo was freely available on the JJP website. Dont think that was Neil's doing.

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

All I see is "stream starting soon". Anyone else?

No, but nothing has happened yet.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

All I see is "stream starting soon". Anyone else?

Sometimes youve got to hit the pause button, then hit play again.

#1928 2 years ago

So im guessing the upper PF rocks as youre trying to hit stuff with the flippers.

#1936 2 years ago

OMFG, that upper PF.

#1953 2 years ago

I never thought id even consider a CE, but the upgrades look pretty cool.

#1961 2 years ago

Upper inner loop......awesome.

#1982 2 years ago

Im worried JJP just maxed out the wow factor on this. All else from now on will disappoint.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there live gamepay stream?

its on now. the buffalo pinball twitch stream

#2000 2 years ago

Do you think Jack will take a trade on my Dialed In?

#2022 2 years ago

Did he say the Upper PF will not rock all the time, it's just a code thing?

#2045 2 years ago

He said code is at about 20% at the moment

#2063 2 years ago

Visual tilt warnings, finally!!!!

#2116 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tron VE and LotR VE it sure to come and at least the code will be done.

2 for 1 deal.

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Is there any reason to go CE over LE if you don't care about Davy Jones Art and Armor?

Topper and PF art is it I think. Personally the Standard/LE pf art is better. Topper on CE is cool, but I think the LE gets a perspex one anyway. I think its LE on this.

#2174 2 years ago

Watched a bit of the Stern seminar and it was quite depressing. Very somber mood, everyone looked nervous. Lost interest after the b66 code crap. Jumped in to the JJP launch, and you could tell the atmosphere in the room was electric. Heaps of passionate people playing pinball and smiling ear to ear.

#2245 2 years ago

For Stern its a race to the bottom, for JJP its a race to the top. At least they're not competing anymore.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I must've missed it in the Twitch stream... Did Jack say WHEN they expect to start shipping?

1st qtr 2018

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I just would like to know if the topper will be an option for the LE too.

Topper included on LE, but not the bottle like on the CE. Most likely a Perspex one like WOZ, but hasn't been revealed yet (AFAIK).

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Even if it's the end of 1Q 2018, a March release is amazing turn time.

Working up to 2x per year. Toy Story for Texas? Hard to imagine.

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

You coming to flipout cooked?

Seriously trying to wrangle it rgr . Guessing you'll be there?

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So, what do you guys really think?

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.
Can't wait to hear from all of you, and meet you guys at the shows. Thanks for all the love!
Eric

Congratulations!! Must be a huge buzz to finally open Pinside and see 100's of (well deserved) positive posts about a game you've been designing for years.

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Congrats!
Hats off to Buffalo Pinball for the live stream and purchasing extra equipment. I thought they did a great job and the sound was solid. Being able to see gameplay about 30 seconds after the end of the reveal was truly awesome.
Please support Buffalo Pinball (twitch, facebook, twitter, etc): https://buffalopinball.com/
JP

Such a nice change to have a game reveal and immediately afterwards quality gameplay footage (with quality players).

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Do wait...what the.... so when you tilt you lose your GAME on this? Sorry, I'm trying to get caught up and skimming through this thread as quickly as possible but man...

So you get 2 warnings to start, but if you use both in the first ball (for example), you will tilt that ball on next tilt. The next ball, no warnings left, first tilt loses that ball until the end of game. Not sure if there will be random awards for extra tilt warnings like in DI (and WOZ?). Hope so - love the creative use of tilt warnings. Next best award after extra ball.

#2526 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It does? Wow, that explains some big WHAT THE F'ING F JUST HAPPENED moments on Dialed In for me... that IS stupid!

If loss of tilt warning carries over from ball to ball then it's about the most useless award ever. Instead of potentially getting 6 tilt warnings as has been traditional (2 per ball), you potentially only get 2 + whatever you randomly-mystery-get on your third ball? Screw that noise. Why build a pinball machine that's designed to not be played?

I mean tilt warning awards are a cool feature regardless. I wish they were used more often.

I'm with you, not a big fan of 2 tilts per game. Only good thing is it ads a bit more strategy tonhow you use them. But you can change it in the menu to a more traditional system that resets each ball.

#2552 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Wow! I haven't seen this much excitement for a pin on Pinside since Bally/Williams announced TAF.

That was when Pinside was sent out by fax?

#2553 2 years ago

I think he's ready to buy one.

"Wonder if Jack will give me mates rates?"

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He chose Batman 66 instead.

I chose both......

Ice will never see the light on Dialed In - the theme is far too modern for him. Now if it was called Mailed In he would be all over it.

Dialed in is f*n awesome.

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

i forgot he was a old man...now it all makes sense.

I could see it now. Phone replaced by a post box, drones replaced by horse & cart, theatre could stay the same but run old Charlie Chaplin flicks. Sim scoop could be the postage stamp scoop. Bingo.

Might even get O-din to prise open the wallet.

#2752 2 years ago

It's amazing how many quotes Stern Star Trek got from the actor (whatshisname?). I keep hearing new ones all the time. Shows what a difference when the actor is into pinball. Now if we had a Barenaked Ladies game.....

#2755 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No one would buy it. Heyo!!!

But at least there'd be heaps of quotes.

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol! I've lost count. So many toys.
The moving mini playfield with integrated canon, the multiple spinning disk toy, the apron LCD, the ship that the ball can be fired into, the whirlpool ramp, the spinning pop bumper pirate, the treasure chest with physical ball lock, lockdown bar button, camera, 5 flippers, 2 magnets, subway, 100+ modes covering all 5 films. Omg its insane. It's as if WOZ and TH had a baby, lol.

f5e153cda86aa5f031a14ddb4b73e5af--funny-memes-funny-pics (resized).jpg

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The ONLY reason prices are like they are, is because Jack started off with a super high price. People bought into it. Stern saw this, and jacked up their prices as well. People kept buying. Jack pushes forward. People keep buying. Stern pushes forward. People keep buying. Jack bumps it up again.....guess what. People keep buying. what does stern do? Well, if jack can make 200-300% profit. Why shouldn't we? Stern increases prices.......people keep buying. 4th release. what happens? Jack increases prices yet again......people keep buying.

Sorry but I don't buy this whole "JJP are responsible for high pinball prices" argument that has somehow become Pinside folk law.

JJP were responsible for proving there is a market for a top end, full featured premium game with deep and complete code, solid build quality and plenty of toys that doesn't cut any corners.

Stern on the other hand were responsible for proving they could sell what was once a $4000 game for $8000.

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because back when JJP started, Stern did not realize games would sell if they tacked on another 2k to the NIB price. Once this was realized, both companies seem to be on a race to see who can charge the most without losing all the customers.

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've been watching some more gameplay videos and did notice that video clips from the movies are in the game. I was wondering if JJP had the rights to use video assets, good to see they do! It's still a bummer that none of the voices can be used but I think the video clips along with custom speech by Kevin McNally will work well.

I think they have rights to the clips as long as the actors faces arent shown.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 189.00
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside