Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (2 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (2 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (2 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#919 2 years ago

I went on the Dialed In ride last year, where I went from thinking it was a total dog to being an owner, so I won't be so quick to dismiss any future games. But I hope they've figured out a better way to reveal the title to better sell it and capture the excitement.

#945 2 years ago

Pinball is full of "grown man" themes. I say shake things up a bit.

1 week later
#1910 2 years ago

Last year it took 30+ minutes to get to the game. Wonder how long it will take this year.

#1931 2 years ago

I wish they'd put a 5 minute sizzle video and debut these games with a bang than have someone on a mic talk about it.

#1967 2 years ago

Looks nice.

#1971 2 years ago

The Collectors edition seems to be the "new LE". The bar certainly got pushed up a lot. Stern did not stick with SLE after B66.

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like an incredible Keith Johnson ruleset.
Here's some details
105 modes (chapters is what Eric called them)
5 are randomly assigned to each of the games 5 films
Millions of different combinations so no two games will every play the same

Can someone explain this more. I realize "on paper" this might sound impressive, but how does it translate to how the game actually plays?

#2017 2 years ago

I love that it's a 29 year old designer. Such a great move for Jack to promote someone up like that.

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Just kind of wish there was a diverter on the right ramp so the ball didn't go in the mini playfield every time.

I'm a little concerned about that. That is my one quibble so far.

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But all I see these games hurting is sterns LE sales.

I agree with this. JJP can say they don’t remove playfield features which is thre, probl m is they just don’t have an answer to Sterns Pro which they don’t offer at all.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So, what do you guys really think?

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.
Can't wait to hear from all of you, and meet you guys at the shows. Thanks for all the love!
Eric

Congrats, Eric. I am excited for your career ahead.

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Congrats!
Hats off to Buffalo Pinball for the live stream and purchasing extra equipment. I thought they did a great job and the sound was solid. Being able to see gameplay about 30 seconds after the end of the reveal was truly awesome.
Please support Buffalo Pinball (twitch, facebook, twitter, etc): https://buffalopinball.com/
JP

They did great. Enjoyed the broadcast.

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

If I could put in a request for the upcoming years. Could you take a stab at Star Wars next go around if the license becomes available. I'd really like to see you personally take on this design.

Our best bet is likely a "new trilogy" Star Wars pinball, but the final movie is only 2 years away.

#2560 1 year ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

All kidding aside, I'd love to know what he was thinking in that moment.

There was an exact same photo taken of Gary looking at Lebowski at the 2014 Expo.

If I were to guess, I'd think he thinks this isn't his competition. They don't make games like this, at this price point. The only game they made with no Pro (Batman66), they sold "hundreds" of, and they need to sell thousands of every title, with most of those sales being Pro.

So I'm willing to bet most at Stern (Gary included) can admire a nice looking pinball, but know they'd never produce it because their business model doesn't support it.

#2748 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I know in the Toy Story world, Tom Hanks' brother does the voice work for some of their merchandise.

Jim Hanks gotta eat

Surreal watching him in this video. It's like this weird pod person clone of Tom Hanks. Sounds like he might make a good solution for the game though.

#2749 1 year ago

This video was also interesting, Tom talking about his brother Jim that gets hired to do all the video games and merch.

On the bright side, I guess Woody may do all the custom call outs which can be cool.

#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

To flesh that out a bit, when JJP licenses the PotC theme they get sent a kit that contains all the assets they can use, sort of a "style guide". Everything inside has been pre-approved for use. If they want to use something not inside that kit, then they need to go through the labyrinth of the approval process starting at the bottom, and there be dragons there. Months and months of back and forths that could change at any time on the whims of whomever is on the other end of the communication, which can change anytime.
So, easier to just use the style guide and save thousands of dollars in lawyer's fees and time, plus dev time chasing the stuff down.

See Alien for the "development hell" that can happen when you try to work outside their pre-approved images.

I remember Andrew Heighway at the start of it explaining to me that the package of stuff they sent them was filled with grainy black and white photos from the 1970s. Basically completely unusable for their purposes. From all the cash burn that resulted he doesn't own his company any more.

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Houdini is selling for 7k... are they going to lose money on it?

Smaller development team + existing contract manufacturing business. I can see how JJP cost way more money to get going.

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Everybody’s heard of Costco right?
They take pretty much everything back.
If you’re not happy 100% with a product they sell, you can bring it back, even without the original receipt, and even if it’s past what the manufacturer deems is “too late.”
It’s just how they roll.

Costco uses their power to force manufacturers to take back those goods. If you want to retail through Costco, be prepared to take back anything they send back, whenever they get sent back. Obviously manufacturers want access to Costco's buyers, so they take that deal.

There is no comparison between them and anything pinball related.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside