Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (2 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (2 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (2 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Goonies + JJP = $ + truffle shuffle

Give this man the prize. No question about it.

3 weeks later
#488 2 years ago

Any timing on reveal?

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Expo seems to be the target.

Sorry but which one?

#499 2 years ago

sorry but why does everyone think it's POTC again? God I REALLY hope it isn't.

2 months later
#890 2 years ago

After being SO wrong about dialed-in, I've learned my lesson and not judging any JJP game before playing it.

Does a POTC game sound good? Def not but this is JJP! As long as it doesn't play like the snoozer that is the hobbit we'll be good. Also if it's more pirate themed than disney it will also be good.

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

My heart would explode, and I'd literally sell every game in my collection to fund it.

count me in too - I would sell my DI.

#1306 2 years ago

If it is pirates who would have thought that a POTC pinball game would be redone so soon? Whos begging for that>

#1343 2 years ago

late on this but the designer of JJP4 is brand new / never made a game before?

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Technically, yes. But, I've been in the gaming industry for over 25 years now(I'm 29). My dad started a route operation when I was around 3, and I was repairing games for him since the age of 7. Age of 12, every weekend, night, and summer was working for him repairing games in the shop and 100+ accounts we had around the Wisconsin Dells. I got an Electrical Engineering Degree and Mechanical Engineering Masters from UW Madison, and I've been working for JJP for 5 years now as the Electrical Engineer. I'm a decent player, and know pinball from many aspects (Operator, Collector, Tournament Player, Manufacturer, and now, Designer).
Can't wait to show you guys the game tomorrow! Hope to see most of you there. Some of you guys....not so sure about
Cheers,
Eric

Appreciate the background info - best of luck to you and I look forward to seeing the game as well. I'm a big JJP supporter.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I just hope they don't make us all leave the room again to "make the reveal the best it can be". Translation: we need to clear the front row seats so Jack's investor buddies can sit there!
People are for sure going to get there super early (like me), so I don't want to lose my seat!

Jack's investor's are the reason the game exists. Without that capital jack isn't don't anything. They should sit where they want. Otherwise you're not even going to this reveal event.

#1947 2 years ago

impressed with it. Not a fan of POTC but of course JJP makes it the best POTC you can. Excited to see it in action. do you think we'll get footage tonight HD?

#1950 2 years ago

this new designer is doing a GREAT job unveiling this. So much better than DI and DI is prob the best playing game in some time.

#1998 2 years ago

What is this pressing of that mini screen - reminds me of that dumb star wars move. Why do companies do that? Otherwise looks good. Sound effects a little weak too. Nice looking game.

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

There's a button on the lockdown bar. Not pressing on the screen. Also likely Beta code

No they are pressing the mini screen and it seems to be linked to gold?

#2012 2 years ago

i like how the top flipper is left vs right. Need more left top flippers.

#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Audio said different.
PS: What is gold?

they are "collecting" gold by pressing that screen. gross. Otherwise looking good.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I love that it's a 29 year old designer. Such a great move for Jack to promote someone up like that.

agreed! Really been impressed by him. He's done a great job

#2033 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I really like it. Like alot. Just kind of wish there was a diverter on the right ramp so the ball didn't go in the mini playfield every time.
But, one hell of a showing. Wow!!

same reaction - hitting that shot seems to go mini each time which can get tedious....love the mini but hopefully it isn;'t everytime.

#2043 2 years ago

that is a NICE CE edition. Much better than DI as it really feels different. Looks great.

#2053 2 years ago

that is a fast moving widebody......

#2060 2 years ago

so does this just guarantee JJP 5 is toy story?

#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

No, as previously mentioned, it's a button on lockdown bar

no you're wrong. Watch the stream - they are frantically pressing that mini led (which looks to be near the lockdown bar) to collect gold. It's part of the game.

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

No you're wrong. You hit the BUTTON to collect the gold. I just played it. Hitting an LCD screen would be stupid.

well good I'm glad I'm wrong b/c I would agree. Actually it's dumb all together but otherwise, looking good!

#2161 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any word on when they will be shipping?

Dev said Q1 2018 on the stream.

#2348 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

looks like JJP POTC just took the wind out of the sails of :
ALIEN - TNA - HOUDINI - TBIRDS

Alien still crushes this game IMO but I also don't care for the theme and absolutely love Alien/it's atmosphere, etc. No pinball game delivers the suspense/feel/thriller that is alien pinball (ever).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside