EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I don't get the hatred for Hobbit. Its a very fun pin IMO. Oz is a more difficult pin for sure... and if you don't like the movie, I can't help you there. Such an American classic!

How can anyone complain about hobbit as a theme and then defend woz or di lol?

Guinnestime had it right:
1) Hobbit
2) DI
3) Anything else they could come up with
1003) WOZ

Actually woz isnt a bad game, just clunky with a not good theme and sounds.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe they aren't nerdy little dweebs? Oh sorry...you all probably prefer halfings?
Or maybe because the hobbit movies where pure shit? But even so, the theme itself isn't as bad as the movies, and there's a lot to pull from.

I wouldnt say "pure shit", but ok at best movies for sure - the book is great of course, so I suppose I enjoy the theme more because of that.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hobbit is just not fun. Too much same-yness and the popups get very annoying. And even with the difficulty turned up, there's too much multiball.

I love the game, tonnes of fun but we all like different styles of games for sure. The Beasts are supposed to be irritating at times, and get in your way, usually there is a way to cancel them or lower them for a short time so you can make the shot you want. But I like games that piss me off a little, makes me want to play more and beat it

2 months later
#2137 6 years ago

Looks really cool! Glad they went with pirates, didnt care for the stern one, hopefully this one rocks

Only complaints are: stern has made wrinkle black armour look cheep, so le armour would look better at least in gloss, also lets face it another 500? I was already out at 9k for di, another 500 is a no go.

#2159 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Dammit! I was hoping you would get one so I could get some quality time on it haha

You never know, may 'need' one, have to play it lets face it wont be able to get one for the better part of a year anyways, we'll have to play it in may

#2219 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Alien: I would wager that the people waiting on Alien have already put down a deposit, and are predominantly buying it because of the theme. Alien is a dream theme for many, myself included.
TNA: As someone else said, completely different game at a completely different price point. It's a stripped down game and has more akin with an early 80's SS game. The people interested in TNA are not going to be questioning their choice after a POTC reveal. Again, myself included. I put my deposit down on TNA this morning and have zero regrets.
Houdini: Not in on this one, but I do think it's a really great looking game from what I've seen so far. But, having played and owned JJP games, it won't be in the same league. JJP feels polished and while Houdini looks good, it doesn't look JJP good...but it might get there. I would say out of your 4 listed, this one is closest to being hurt by POTC...but, that also assumes people are not interested in Houdini because of theme.
Tbirds: Nah. It's not even close to being in the same league.
The main thing you're forgetting is that many people buy games on theme. I think this new POTC looks great, looks like a fun shooter, lots of polish....but I have no interest in the theme so it will never be in my lineup. Same thing with Toy Story. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat, so JJP is actually handing over business to those other 4 games in many cases.

Agree - first wo are well aliens - which is a dream for many, tna, is just a different type of game - i honestly think this is going to kill starwars sales, though. I was seriously considering sw, but id rather this. Maybe if they announce guardians with a gb level of build maybe..

#2231 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Absolutely, this blows SW away, and while everyone in here is chanting the death of Stern, Stern just needs to put out a less stripped down game on their next title and the tune will change yet again. For me, I'm just happy that the problem we have today in pinball is too many games lol.

True! Good problem to have, the thing on the vs stern portion is you cant forget jjp pins are nearly double the price..

#2235 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

SW is just a couple ramps and orbit. Nothing much going on. Pirates on the other hand... WOW. So what is the new official acronym for jjp pirates?

Jpoc, or would that be too close to jpop

#2626 6 years ago

Just looking at the std vs le

Looks like besides the armour, the star lights, rock plastics on the left and spinning guy on the pops is whats missing from the standard?

1 month later
#3116 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

If this Flipper would have been themed after „Monkey Island“ it would be an instant buy for me.

Man that would be awesome.. love those games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=libtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.