IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
20240423_202846 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_185527284 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8400 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1371 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am of the firm belief that less is more when it comes to the "action button."
Games like POTC and Star Wars are much less fun because of their focus on using your non-existent 3rd hand to mash the action button.
My only "code" request right now is a very meager one:
WTF is up with the little baby puff "gunshot" sound during the opening gun barrel sequence. It sounds like a starter pistol! In the movies it sounds like a cannon. Seems very odd.
Please replace it with something much more over the top...should sound like a cannon or meth lab explosion.

I've never found the action button usage on potc or sw an issue. Certainly no more of an issue than using heat ray on my Godzilla.... wonder why you left that example out? Less likes perhaps? Action buttons like on b66 if done properly add so much more to gameplay such as shifting priority or multipliers ect on sw. Bring on more action button dynamics on bond I say.

3 weeks later
#4764 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheel of Fortune - famously incomplete, but awesome post burning Gary's house down from Keefer after he was fired
Indy:Crystal Skull - the namesake wizard mode just wasn't coded - doesn't DO anything
Mustang - Technically complete (I think?), but left for dead after last minute license change to Mustang
Guardians of the Galaxy - also technically complete, but repetitive copy-paste gameplay with little variation
Munsters - DOA. Dwight never was given the chance to make Borg's design sing.
Bond - Not calling it a lost cause until we're in June and there's not a clear game gelling. But it's not looking good.
And, worth mentioning that it took over 3 YEARS for Ghostbusters to even get all the modes ON THE INSTRUCTION CARD. There was essentially nothing done to finish the game for 2.5 years after the pin was mostly complete, then the final update came. In Dwight we trust. Eventually. I cannot say the same for Lonnie. Hoping he surprises me.

Not saying I disagree here, in fact I agree with most of it. However there's a few key facts as to why I think this game will be given due code diligence:
Its a Gomez game which carries weight. Of the previous mentioned games in your post all different designers.
The production forecast for stern suggests only one more release for the year so Stern will want to move units of current titles.
Lonnie.... well I use to call him Ropp the Flop. He is a lazy SOB no doubt. But I do think the ethos and coding bar at Stern has definitely lifted. Ropps efforts on ST show improvement for sure.
In fact it seems to have lifted with all coders in last 2 years.
Lastly I think MV is a huge asset and I really like his work so far. Doubrful he will let this game slide even if Stern tells him to move on.

#4816 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:Back to playing Bond after a bit of being infatuated with Johnny Mnemonic and my new Avengers code that got me back into the game.
I am sick of the sad-sack music and the morning ,BLAH-BLAH trumpet sounds or whatever during the weird dude mode Mr. Wintry and a few others. Really spices up the gameplay and will hold me over until the next Stern update. Anyone with a pro and want something new for your ears, message me.
Slot machine woman shuts her pie hole too. It's glorious.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-custom-code-87#post-7476367

Still trying to work out what this ramble is about tbh.

#4913 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Upgrade your factory Dragon Tank from Dr. No / James Bond 007 with a premium interactive fire breathing DRAGON complete with Spot Lights and Flame Throwers!!
AVAILABLE FOR Pro/Prem/LE models!!!
The DRAGON Lives HERE!

Custom interactive lighting includes:
Dragons Spot lights - 2 warm white 2.5-3v LEDs with 470Ω Resistor. Driven by Standard GI Lighting
Fire Breathing Mouth - 10 2.5-3v flickering LEDs with 100Ω resistor. Driven by existing GI light source.
Flame Throwers - 2 SMD 2835s with 100Ω resistor and fiber optics through the flame throwers. Driven by existing flasher and interactive with switch activation.
These are hand crafted one at a time and each is unique. Turn around time in production is 2-4 weeks. Due to how much work goes into each I am opening these up for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Hope you enjoy! I love doing projects like this that add to the look and feel of my games!
CRCades SHOP https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you for real with that joke of a price or are you taking the piss at $750? Think you missed putting the decimal point after 7. These modders these days with their bulls!@# prices. Then hiding their greed with their " im passionate about pinball, that's why I make this plastic crap" line they feed to the masses.

#4918 1 year ago

5yrs ago the $750 price tag would have been laughed at from here to the funny farm... (where it belongs) unfortunately it's just the common thing for these guys to peddle their wears on owner threads at whatever price tag they want.

#5089 1 year ago

2 things I've summed up from this update:

Its a TPF crowd pleaser update... with that mini wizard mode taking precedent over some main features plus some needed fixes.

The bond James bond mini wizard is basically cherry bomb multiball... well exactly by the sounds of it.... Ropp the Flop strikes again.

Ohhh and 3... Same old Lonnie shit, I mean the high score initials screen is the same from bloody aerosmith. This is piss poor even for the lonster!!

#5093 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Does the right orbit do anything yet?

I think once you've lit all the red inserts solid it open the gate? Not sure though. Just play arosmith guardians, or sth and you'll work out what the orbit on this shot will end up doing.

Can someone make a "Ropp the Flop" shirt.... and send him one for free.

#5098 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Now that is interesting...can someone confirm? I would try it but I'm out on travel.

Im going to take the glass off my le this arvo and try it. Im not good enough to get them all lit on the 1 ball. I just remember Gomez talking about opening up that orbit gate as being important.

#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick_801:Got my NIB pro last night (great deal at 6.3). Game had a few issues out of the box.
1. “Bricked drop targets” (a hard direct hit won’t cause them to fall)
2. Upper left flipper was inoperable (fixed with adjusting the EOS)
3. Seems to be an issue with the upper gate, as on launch it gets caught on the mechanical switch at the end of the shooter lane
Playable, I even made it to the mini wizard mode, which was awesome.

Great work. I reduced my flipper strength out of the box (I typically do on all sterns). Game plays smoother with no issues re drop targets.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

What value did you assign to them? I’ll try now!

I think 225 ish for bottom flippers. Also reduce trough kick out power to minimum to reduce ball damage in shooter lane.

1 week later
#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

At a minimum right now:
5 skill shots are missing.
4 Q gadgets are missing.
No Bond women.
There is no wizard mode.
Action button multiplier is missing.
Should be more music added at some point.
I assume/hope that there will be more stuff with combos, loops, secret skill shots, extra multiball modes, extra wizard modes, etc.

Im not so concerned with what is missing... it will come eventually. Id prefer the scoring imbalances be sorted before adding more modes and skills hots etc. Complete 1 villain mode get 5mil, complete another get 100 mil. Possibly scoring imbalances will improve next update.

#5756 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Problem with block quote. Responding to wireform mod for premiums.
I would be up to it. It would be easy to tie the ball lock rails into a design. I think the only thing that would be the issue is the tank and its target. The path of the wireforms go right over it. To get over that the back ramp height would need to go higher. I think its doable. But that would not solve the target on the tank? I also dont think I could go behind the tank as the pitch would cost alot of needed speed. If I ever get a trade involving a premium I would try it.

I think the pro ramp change is pretty cool and if you want the option go for it although I'm not so much a supporter of making big changes to games, particularly ramps.
That said im in the camp that the Gomez ball lock area around the rocket is fantastic, and gives a lot of kinetic satisfaction... pure Gomez kinetics there which I always define as clever clunk. Not everything has to flow to have good kinetics. I also think alterations to the premium would be too problematic. To me the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze, but its good that people out there who do want to change their game have options from creatives. Notice I used the word "change" not "improve".

#5762 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We still have 2.
But slot machine you no longer hear the voice clips from the babe.
We demanded it. And they listened.
Are we happy or do we miss her?

I only got my le delivered 2 weeks ago so I didn't go through the initial pain. But I like hearing her bang on when I finally start that mode. It is by no means now an annoyance with more meat in the code.

#5930 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought the Moby Bond song was going to be the only modern music in the game.
I think thats ok for a wizard mode that wouldn't be used often. However I noticed some newer style Bond music that sometimes plays during normal game play instead of the standard Bond theme. It sounds like it might be the song "Bike Chase" from Tomorrow Never Dies which you can hear via the DJ mixer.
I'm glad they are playing other tracks instead if the same Bond theme over and over but I wish thay stayed consistent with using the John Barry (or John Barry style) music. The newer stuff mixed with the older during regular game play is a little jarring to me.
Maybe Stern could do something like Godzilla where you can pick the soundtrack style in settings; classic John Barry only, newer Bond music only, or a hybrid that mixes them together.

I like the change up during the game... particularly the moby track to mini wizard. Definitely not jarring or out of place for me. Aa far as the other newish sounding tracks i don't think they are a problem at all. The game still keeps its nostalgic feel and element of campiness. Elvira alien mode steps out of the box with the soundtrack when you get to that and it doesn't bother people there.
I do like the suggestion of choose your own, but that would be a good addition for any game.

#5932 1 year ago

I understand they can't mix together movies but I would like to just see the start of jetpack and bird one then switch back to the mode video, or have a toggle option. I like to see the mode clips over the repeated multiball video. Please make this happen Mike.

1 week later
#6234 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have a premium. The pro is the way to go. The only thing the premium has over the pro is the art package, and you can now get some much better translites as listed earlier in this thread. I've seen a few Pros ups for sale lightly used in the low 6,000s as well.
The only thing the premium has over the pro (aside from art) are the cool underwater scene, the physical ball lock by the rocket, and the bond on the wand. The bond on the wand does essentially nothing. Bond waves back and forth holding a ball during a multiball and you shoot up the center to release it. Code is still not great, but it is a fun machine I'm close to recommending and probably will once some more code is out.

You're missing a lot of cool Gomez kinetics with the pro. The whole rocket area is underrated and the vuk to the wireform to physical ball lock is just very cool Gomez kinetics right there.
The jetpack is really becoming an interesting feature as the code matures... destroying the tank to add a ball then also to get your double supers... again lots of cool kinetics.
The underwater is just added icing but not many games have that going for it so I like to see it.
Pro misses quite a lot imo of what Gomez is going for with this game.

1 week later
#6543 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That seems like an awful lot of shots. Doubt it worth it from a risk standpoint.
I’d think that will be made easier.
I will likely never see that mode unless I am dedicated to shooting that shot and starting it. And, made mode shots don’t stack which would at least make it more likely to get it. Should stack with modes.
Anyway I’ll slog thru to see these new modes.

Quite a few shots are made incidentally on the right orbit and you can backhand it without a huge amount of risk to boost it also. Do the orient express henchman mode and you can finish that while building up the right orbit shots. This ain't no deadpool, gotta think ahead a bit more and plan your shots and strategy. No gimmes from Gomez here. A pure players pin... love it.

#6545 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Please take this with a grain of salt as I am currently traveling for work and unable to test the new code, but these updates sound like more of the same shit. When Godzilla was evolving I actually felt like the code was adding to the narrative. With Bond I feel like they just keep telling me to hit the same shots, the same way, for the same terrible cutscenes.
Is there any chance they come up with some kind of “story” around what we’re doing in Bond? The modes feel random and not progressive to me. Maybe that is just the style of the game?

This game is more like Elvira, finish a mode set up the next etc. Work to a mini wizard and further final wizards which are yet to come. Its not Godzilla and its not deadpool.... its not trying to be by any stretch. Its just a different playing game which I appreciate. I dont want another bloody elwin type game sitting next to my current elwins. Also depends on how you look at games. I personally don't see Godzilla as a story pin... go to a city blow shit up rinse repeat.

#6664 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Little Nellie mode is simply hitting the targets in front of the rocket. Very disappointing game so far. Glad I have machines NIB that came with complete code out of the box. Will be interesting to see if this theme rebounds. Have seen LEs sold for $10,900. BM66 was the same way with Premiums sellings for $6500. They saved that game by fixing the code, but I never could warm up to the game. Sold mine after the code was complete.

Amazes me when I see comments like this. Other new games have the same shit your complaing about... follow the lit shot sequence. This mode has jp building opportunities, then you cash out when ready, so a little risk/reward thrownnin there, plus a 2 ball mb when you complete... what else do you want from a side mission mode?

#6679 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bond could easily feel cohesive if there was a plan for this code, which at present it doesn’t feel like there is at least a cohesive one, everything is very disjointed.
BM66 is a great example of taking a tonne of different content thats all pretty similar from a licensed theme and making each mode area distinctive and everything cohesive and part of a story that you’re playing through.

I keep seeing this word "cohesive" but what does it mean in the context of pinball code? There could easily be several descriptors in a code that would define it and bond could easily qualify.. even at present code. It is true to source material playing modes etc based on the movie content from that era and using mechs in the game that relate to said movie content. Albeit a little thin at present.
From what mxv was saying on a podcast they have a plan for it to all come together which is not apparent to players at present code. Take it for what its worth but the guy seems dedicated to make sure this game doesn't go tits up. Lonnie is my worry. He's just such a lazy arse programmer.

I do think though that it will come together much better than it is now. I agree with b66... owned it for a long time and is gem of a code. Don't agree with someone's Elvira comment that it is quite cohesive... it has some cohesion but not a stand out by any stretch. Clearly there's quite a few people out there that never bought a metallica or b66 when released. They were both a box of lights and if im being honest metallica is a woodchopping fest at best to this day.
There are many other popular title that have good modes etc but cohesive? Another case in point ghostbusters... popular AF but its a bunch of modes based on events from the movies that is linier and repetitive as all get out. There are a lot of really popular games that have little to no cohesion when you dig into the rules a bit.
I think this game will land somewhere between Elvira and b66.

#6822 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've still never played a premium version of this game so looking forward to checking it out!

The premium/le does have some nice Gomez kinetic action. I disagree with whole prem/le kills the flow. Gomez games to me means clever ball kinetics which doesn't always equate to flow. Tbh that word is starting to grate me slightly the diverter to the vuk then wireform to lock is cool to watch and provides a break for the player and visible progression plus gives 2 paths for that center shot. It also gives the player a chance to belt out some bonus in the top lanes when a new ball is spat out after the lock. The jetpack is also starting to be a very cool interactive toy and I like the uncommon position of the target on the tank. Jmo

My only gripe on the layout is the tank target... should have been a captive ball like metallica pro coffin.

#6825 1 year ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Just noticed this (wood shavings), changed balls out a 100 games, no damaged but just to be safe. Think it could be from the launcher, or maybe termites.....Is this normal, now I'm concerned about my investment.
[quoted image]

I have same thing on my le. Is it wood or plastic? I thought it might be from the up post on the ramp scraping on something. Given where the shavings are ending up im sure its coming from something scraping when that up post goes off. Just a theory but its so small to the point of insignificant I wouldn't be too concerned. Im not and the game also cost me 20500... ouch.
Also your going to be up for some serious ball costs if you change every 100, jmo but they shouldn't need switching out that regularly even it being a metal heavy game. I do the ones on my avengers every 4 to 500 and that game has easy the same metal on metal action.

#6835 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If locks aren’t lit, does a shot to the center lock feed the upper flipper like on a pro?
Is a made left ramp shot always stopped at the jetpack? Or does that ever move out of the way for a clean shot back to the left flipper?

Center shot feels the same when the ball isn't being diverted. Bond only comes to pick up the ball at start of jpm otherwise just follows through to left flipper as per pro. I've played a showroom pro for context.

I will say that you need to be a little more strategic when lighting rocket locks. If you're in a mode that needs upper flipper shots the locking of the ball will obviously prevent this so effectively takes the center shot out of play to feed the upper flipper.

#6840 12 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I fail so many modes on my Premium because I cant get that ball up on left flipper!
Yeah, yeah… “play better,” but damn that B1MB lock gets me so damn often.

I went into settings and added 5 seconds to every mode... which i feel is a good compromise. It makes yoy think about how you handle the drop bank which I like and using that ro ket gate shot also. The further you progress in the game.the less the ball locks are something to think about as it gets harder to qualify. The whole thing just means more strategy and thinking ahead.

#6899 12 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

There must be something wrong with my rocket switches beyond what I've already discussed. I have to avoid the rocket to not immediately quality little nellie. I'll can start that mode on the ball 1 every game if I choose. I tested the opto switches for the rocket. Both work as they should. My rocket wobbles quite a bit on every hit. Every hit to rockets registers multiple switch hits as it flops around. In switch test if I hit the rocket and rocket flops back and forth each flop is a switch register, ding ding ding ding ding. This is happening in game as well and I quickly qualify little nellie. What gives compared to others?

My rocket seems to be calibrated correctly and I typically have little Nellie qualified on ball 1. It certainly doesn't feel like the rocket is over sensitive at all.

#6900 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve been telling you all forever to stop hoping for a “total overhaul;” it’s not going to happen. Some
Other team isn’t going to swoop in and redo the code from scratch. That simply
Doesn’t happen. Especially
Considering the huge Investment in time and resources already spent on this project.
The bones are there. They are going to add some meat.
I don’t really see the problem. The bones are solid. The game is fun. It’s simply…STILL…missing way too much meat and polish.
There’s more to come but don’t expect a “total overhaul,” that’s not coming.

Didn't star trek get a mini overhaul? Not sure but something rings a bell there where another programmer stepped in as it was a bitof a mess?

But yeah I agree.... don't expect a code update that significantly adds to or changes the current game structure.

Just on a personal note I thought the interview with mxv was shit for JB owners (couple of throw away lines on upcoming code imo). Possibly if there was a mortal combat pin that I paid thousands for I'd be optimistic.... because thats basically all he fu$king talked about

...... and where the eff is Lonnie? Crickets

#6918 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not a "total overhaul," that's "adding some shit to what's already there," which is the best we can hope for here.

Currently the code seems very isolated... finishing a villain for example has f@#k all to do with the henchmen. Also same thing with spectre weapons... aside from points there is no point to finishing them. There needs to be a common thread of perks for all the different modes not just qualifying them for the wizard mode for that movie or final wizard. Moreover, most of the spectre modes and a variety of other modes dont harvest enough points to even give a crap about.... the juice just isn't worth the squeeze. In JP for example I want to capture the stupid dinosaur to get the perk... the points are purely incidental.

Perhaps a mini overhaul could manage something like this? I really don't expect much though particularly with Ropp the Flopp on the scene. Laziest programmer in the biz.

#6934 12 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I think Daniel Craig is a better coder than Lonnie, and

There is no way Gomez lets this theme die, this is a top 5 all time IP.
I think it’s suffering right now because it’s a hard game. The shots are hard and the modes are way too hard. It needs to be scaled back.
I’m 100% sure there is a plan, they are just giving scraps of it while they build it. Points will be realigned and balanced.

Lonnie is still dishing out the same high score interface that was on aerosmith.... think about that for a second. And I'd wager he did none of the heavy lifting on stranger things. One lazy arse SOB.

#6950 11 months ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I dumped my Bond LE for a JP Premium...lost a couple grand but worth every penny to be rid of that turd.

So you swapped a gomez LE that is sold out, AA tier theme, with no more runs EVER with code and gameplay still to be sorted, for a game that has a few more production runs coming, and has been out for a few years... not to mention that every other swinging dick in the hobby has a JP premium, I mean its a great game but f#$k me.
And you lost a wad of cash.... what a muppet!

#6952 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Come on, John. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think... (LoL)

Lol, just makes no sense but hey its his loss. I mean I can pick up a JP premium 3 times yesterday for how common they are. Anyhow moving on

#6959 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Not cool to call him out. You calling him a muppet is based on your opinion and his choice is about great gameplay now not market trends. Who’s the muppet?

And its also your opinion that its not cool. I think its founded Rob... this is an owners thread and it was pretty clear cut case of throwing shade then pissing off. Muppet move imo.

1 week later
#7190 11 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Praise for the new code: I love the idea of Q walking us through each feature on the DB5 and Power Pack. Very cool idea, clever use of requiring multiple shots.
Constructive criticism of the new code (and some of the exisitng ones): OMG the cut scenes are SOOOO LONNNG. These completely halt the game for WAY too long. The intro to the Power Pack mode was particularly heinous. Let's pare these down to just several seconds, for example maybe to just the moments when Q is saying what we just collected. Or, overlay that portion of the audio over him pointing it out or demonstrating.
I know I can just bypass it, but I WANT to see SOMETHING as my reward for hitting the shot. But I also want to play pinball.
(And so will everyone else waiting for their turn.)
I love what the team has done here, we just need the cut scenes trimmed down a bit. Thanks JB crew, keep it up!

Leave the cut scenes as is!!!! Why does everything these days need to be fast and continuous to be good? Part of this games charm is the campy cut scenes. Not every game needs to be fast flowing and constant to be a good pinball game.

F...king flow!!! This game has it but man im getting tired of the focus these days on flow and speed.

#7239 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Skill definitely comes into it. I am average at best, have no interest to ever be a tournament player for example. I also just find it mind numbingly boring to have to focus on hitting one specific shot over and over just to progress.

When the game is fully fleshed out im thinking these modes will be a means to an end. Possibly adding perks and future jackpot scoring increases for example.
Like I've mentioned before... the modes as an isolated objective seem somewhat boring and repetitive but once a common thread and goal links them together in some way then they should become more interesting to engage in and complete.
For example, completing thunderball q will double any thunderball villain henchman modes or add perks to these modes, also maybe adding another multiplier to the bond girl associated with that movie. Im hoping this is in the pipeline.
If its just qualifying all the modes to play that movies mini wizard then the game will suffer severely. Jmo

#7318 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Jack Danger (DeadFlip) playing Bond V0.91 a couple days ago:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1817507781

Would rather watch grass grow tbh. I get more info from instruction cards over watching that guy fumble and fart around on machines while tatersalad and the butt brigade suck up his rear end.

#7403 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Respectfully.
Most of the people complaining about the code are operators, coin droppers, comp players and newbys. I am a long term customer, know plenty of long term customers and none of us are at all bothered about the code. We all know it will take a couple of years to bake. There are plenty of previous examples.. TWD, GB, ACDC, KISS, AS, GOTG, Stranger Things and I am sure there are more. The only people making a shit show are shit people. I just ignore them. I am loving watching the game progress.
If you are concerned over machine value, no one forced you to buy the machine. If you are worried about resale value and want to treat the hobby like an investment plan, prepare for boom and bust cycles. FWIW I think in time the LE will gain value. The moanority that is dumping their game and moaning now, will be moaning in a couple of years time that they should not have sold their game.
Keep dreaming about the complimentary topper and extras you are asking for. If you want them, you will have to get your wallet out. Stern is not in business to give you freebies.
Like everything in life, you can choose to complain or you can choose to enjoy. It is a great hobby, I love it. Enjoy your machine, I think it will become an all time classic. Huge title.

Well said, a lot of people on here complaining are either newbies or have very short memories. Precedence alone should tell anyone with half a working brain that the bond code development is quite normal. My.only ongoing gripe isn't really game specific... and that's Lonnie ropp, he needs a good royal kick up the rear end to get moving and get creative.
My LE is going nowhere

#7427 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have to be honest - my biggest fear is that the scoring multiplier thing Fucks everything up. If they don’t get it right, it could make the game super stupid.
I hope they figure out a way to make it work!

You mean simply silly high scores? Or something else? The stupidity of the high scores on b66 didn't seem to hurt the game. Some of the scores I've got on that game are obscene.

#7428 11 months ago
Quoted from Had:

A bit of pinside cross-pollination for some light-hearted fun: I'm curious to hear the thoughts of CrazyLevi regarding this picture from the Foo thread where a target decal was "missing" (note they found a similar decal in their goodie bag). [quoted image]

When I got my aerosmith le many moons ago the entire upper playfiled wiring harnesses and fixings were missing. The playfield was just sitting on the game like a dead weight. A missing decal is tiny fish.

#7436 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

When you think about it, inclusion of the Bond girls could be the most problematic issue Stern is facing. Obviously, Bond has always had a very sexist approach towards women and in today's society a lot...well most, of that stuff doesn't fly. I wouldn't want to be the one at Stern attempting how to include these assets while staying off someone's target list.

Clearly you havemt played Elvira... at all.

#7515 11 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

Has anyone else had a ball trap with the ball sitting behind the right Osato drop target?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes on occasion, I give it a bit of a nudge and it displaces easy enough.

#7576 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, it’s already top 5 for me all time and no offense but I don’t care who else likes it or not
There is “a lot more coming”. The wizard modes yes and the Bond girls implementation. And then tying it all together like Mike V and Lonnie did with STH
We can all speculate, want this or that, but I’m trusting in what Gomez promises to deliver at the end of the day.
It’s progressing well, like BM66 did, but quicker
And then bringing it all together
Don’t forget, Gomez said he would like to do a Goldfinger LE run later. Code has to be great, the layout is there.

Yes Mike V and Ropp the flopp did tie ST together, however good ol Lonnie has also left a lot of games arses hanging in the breeze with some patched up shitbag cut n paste coding to get it over the finish line.
I'll say it again.... the current high score interface in his games is pasted in from Aerosmith. Yes Aerosmith!! Think about that for a second.
No there won't be a goldfinger LE later at all... unless there's a complete 180 flip of the to date shit house sales of the current models.
Im not being negative just realistic... I love my LE but Ropp is on it so.... it is what it is.

#7612 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah the reason/excuse about the selections not being user friendly is total bollocks. Godzilla is not struggling for fans, plus 99% of people these days are in tune with monitor/screen interactions to its second nature these days.
It’s a shame they never had the sense to go down the BM66 route with Bond, qualify a mode with shots, enter Ms office for a briefing (batphone), head over to Q if your successful at the shot sequence (to the bat poles) and collect your movie related gadget (action button shot/gadget/2 x scoring batcave sequence) it would have added a tonne of theme integration and brought you into the theme.
Those sequences are some of the best shot sequences in BM66. They are fun, rewarding and integrate the theme brilliantly!

Agree that those sequences in b66 are well done. However, I dont want a game sitting next to my b66 that presents the same ruleset. I'd even go as far as to say I'd prefer a weaker ruleset over the same ruleset. Why anyone would want the same rules baffles me.

#7673 11 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Seems to me that half the people that bitch about Bond being a dud either have only played it once or twice when it first came out or are just sheep repeating what they hear. YMMV

Nothing against them but those guys on the pinball network haven't helped. They seem to gravitate to those titles that are friendly shooters, particularly that Joel guy. And that Dennis fellow... well I haven't heard one positive about bond from that dude. They bang on about foo and gz and deadpool.... it gets to be white noise after a while.

Take it with a grain of salt what these guys say but look it definitely hasn't helped the title pick up from its poor release.

1 week later
#7817 10 months ago

Do we truly know this?
Regardless, we shall see I guess. The updates will be what they'll be as Stern continues to reveal whatever they have planned for the remaining code.
As far as the Bond girls being added last, you may be thinking of this portion of a previously posted semi-recent Mike Vinikour interview:
<<Mike Vinikour talking about James Bond game code on 4/17/23 Pinball Party podcast in response to comment/question from podcast guest host Cale Hernandez that Bond games at Expo scored much higher and whether Bond is headed back that way?>>
“Oh … cause the scoring was totally broken and … eventually it will get higher than that once we get the multipliers, the playfield multipliers … cause remember like when the Bond women … uh feature gets hooked up, that’s the playfield multiplier and you’ll be able to get 7X playfield going at some point you know. Um … but, the scoring, you know, needs, we have to do … a pass, big time pass of score balancing which we’ll do in the near future once we get the … the rest of the modes in first. Then we’ll balance the scores and then we’ll get the playfield multiplier in there, and then like, you know, obviously with 7X scoring, the scores are going to get big you know. So 800 million will feel small … you know … at some point in the future! I can’t say exactly when.”

I remember he said this but it kinda got lost in the white noise as for 95% of that interview he just banged on about mortal combat so I lost interest.

#7845 10 months ago

I didn't see Lonnie in the video? He must have had the day off... or was out getting some Subway again.

#7858 10 months ago

For huo I turn the trough eject right down... solves the shooter lane getting destroyed without any protection required.

#7939 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Great advice - I suppose I gambled a bit buying an LE last week (it was for a great price), but even after updating it (it was still on 0.84 eek!) and playing 0.91 code I thought I was on to a winner. Haven't played much of it yet, but this next update also seems very impressive - superb job by the Bond team, well done.
In fact I've been looking back at the code updates that have been done on this game since Jan 2023 - I don't think Bond owners should have any cause for complaint, it's an astounding amount of work!

What did you pay for it 2nd hand in Aus out of curiosity?

#7942 10 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

No that’s incorrect, each girl is associated with a multiplier

They are but dont you also just collect them by doing loops to add to the villain, henchmen etc for that particular movie?

#8001 10 months ago

I think the new addition of multipliers is a good increment. After playing it i am enjoying more but not getting too excited just yet... I would still like see some more cohesion. So not just finishing the mode for points but getting a game perk. Jp aiq and Godzilla do it so well and keep the game interesting.

#8003 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

This update is turning into a royal pain in the ass. Started the update last night and after two hours it looked like it was finished and ready to play. All playfield lights were on and running in attract mode. However, it was way to late to get into it, so I shut it off until I got home from work this evening. Turned it on this evening to discover the update had downloaded but not installed. A hour later it is a few KB from finishing and the power shuts off. When I comes back on it's back to square one with the install. I'm hoping I can get at least one game in tonight.

I only update large game files with usb. Wifi can get problematic.

#8007 10 months ago
Quoted from Kylescar81:

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere in this thread before? But even with .92 code my action button still is never lit / doesn’t do anything. Is it not a thing yet? Or am I the only one? Thanks in advance!

Various areas on the playfield light the bond women flashing eg, pops lights honey r, then you need to hit a loop to get the start button lit for the option to start playfield x.

#8176 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Bond on a wand just is not really any fun, it's the only real unique aspect of the premium. And then a physical ball lock is the only other real difference, which frankly slows down the gameplay and doesn't really change much, it's also more of a personal preference, lock ball and wait, or stick with constant flow gameplay in pro.
For 2k upgrade, it's one of Sterns weaker premium offerings ever and doesn't feel like your missing out on anything really. Other prem models of sterns you can feel the difference more or have very different gameplay, but not really with Bond. The differences don't feel the 2k at all

I prefer the kinetics on the prem/le with the wireform ball lock, it doesn't affect flow imo and prefer that physical ball lock to visually see how many locks i have.
A big bonus now for premium le rocket area is the start of bird 1... you can set up the gals so when the mb starts you can have multiple attempts to qualify the playfield x with that feed to the upper flipper.
Also I dont really agree with the gameplay being not really different. You have a ball that is picked up from the ramp and completely changes that shot and also the centre shot diverter.... so 2 major ball paths are changed significantly on the premium. Don't really understand the argument that there is no difference in shots at all.
If you prefer the pro thats cool but those arguments don't really cut it for me anymore.
Also trying to strike that tank target with the bond jetpack ball on the multiball jackpot while the playfield x is counting down is awesome now... lots of pressure and very rewarding when you nail a huge double or triple.

#8178 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

If it were 1k more than yes. I love the LE, but It’s not worth the extra 3k in my opinion. Some people can justify it and that’s great. I can’t

I’m a pro owner and I agree with everything you said, of course the LE/Prem are better machines. Just not 3k better in my opinion. Nothing against LE/Prem owners, if you can justify it, than that’s cool, enjoy the kinetics.
I don’t think you can go wrong with either, all three are excellent.

Very true, easily all good players.

#8183 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha. I have to believe Gomez designed it with that in mind, especially after SNNKT on Deadpool. I wish DeadFlip or some of the other people streaming Bond early on would have demonstrated how to do the sweep shot so there would be less crying about how hard it is to hit the middle letters and more practicing to make the sweeping shot and hit ALL the letters at once like a boss. Nerfing the letter difficulty was lame, IMO. Really trivialized that whole rocket area even more. Maybe they can put a system menu option to put it back the way it was. S-P-E-C-T-R-E Targets: Easy/Normal. We can dream.

I've been a fan of the rocket area and targets from day 1.... signature Gomez kinetics there.

#8207 10 months ago

That mod makes no sense. This is becoming a more frequent thing with modders... changing shot physics. On the surface it seems a good idea but really your just robbing Peter to pay Paul here.
your taking away from the tank/roll over/jets which are responsible for shot credit, jp increases, and playfiled x with Honey Ryder, also reducing MI6 action to boost bonus. Makes no sense to me but knock yourself out changing the game around if you so desire.

#8209 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No, the modifications that alter the actual game are my favorite. Anything to spice up a home use game, whatever, it's fun.
I can see this being a fun kinetic pinball mod, for sure. Hitting consecutive loops, or at least the chance to do so, is really fun.

All of which can be had without alterations but its your game so have at it

#8210 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

That seems to make locking balls for bird one way too easy

Also when the code is being developed and refined shot alterations like this arnt being considered so effectively it presents possible problems playing the game that dont at first present themselves till later on. Just a bad idea to mess with the layout like this, but thats just my.opinion, let people be happy and do what they will with their JB.

#8339 10 months ago

I have the same issue on my game. Right orbit shot that gets hung up will slowly roll down and go SDTM.
Still working on solution for this as nudging after the ball emerges doesn't seem to work most of the time.

If levelled right the ball should catch the tip of the right flipper.

#8444 10 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It's not going to make it any easier for me. 835 plays on my premium since the first week of January. Play it daily, multiple times, obviously. Not once have I ever completed 6 of any of those categories. The closest would be Q modes. But crap. Haven't seen Q's ring in however many updates since they nerfed it.

It hasn't been nerfed... it has equal weighting with the other q modes. I get it regularly or at least as often as the other q modes.
On factory this is by no means super difficult. Just have to know where those extra balls are hiding, and rotate those 2 mulriballs with modes as much as possible. Its doable.

#8509 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

After about six games under the new code my thoughts were "What the F*&# did you do to my machine?" I couldn't hit any shots and it was like all the power settings had changed. Balls were bouncing around not hitting any targets, going SDTM or in the outlanes time after time. In fact, one of the games I played I hadn't even broke 1 million after two balls. Try to match that feat!
Of course, next game I got to 1.7B got all the gadgets and villains and about half the henchmen and played Ahoy Mr. Bond.
BTW: Once you've gone through the gadgets and villains the game gets pretty monotonous in the fact there's nothing you can do but go after the henchmen. Q gadgets and villain ramp are just pass throughs.

Newsflash... the code isn't finished yet.

#8540 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t see why bond women clips would be appealing. Like we need yet ANOTHER series of clips clogging everything up?
There’s so much going on generally when you shoot a loop, or activate playfield X scoring, that I really don’t see where it would fit in that context.
You shoot a loop you don’t exactly have a lot of time to stare at the screen and watch Pussy Galore’s entrance.
Would be nice to see those clips somewhere else in the game but that screen is getting AWFULLY crowded with clips lately.

I agree however I think you could have a short clip for each bond chic... then when you activate the multipliers the game plays the clip of the last bond chic acquired.

So for example if the last bond woman you locked in before you started multipliers was Tiffany case then it plays the Tiffany case clip at the start of the timed playfield x. You may see more clips come up than others but it would appease those wanting some bond chic action without clogging up the screen too much.

#8697 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Like many, I've been having trouble with my rocket not registering -- I've NEVER lit Little Nellie, and I've only once or twice gotten Kissy multiplier lit over the course of a long game. It takes a hard, perfectly direct hit to trigger it and collect super jackpot during Bird One.
I checked it out in switch test mode, and it only triggered at the extreme back and extreme forward positions.
Today I visited John at Space Coast Pinball (to deliver & install the Multiplier Light Corrector and Jetpack Pin Alignment Corrector). I brought my rocket with me to try out his fix -- the large heat shrink that he mentioned several pages back.
[quoted image]
I'm happy to report it now triggers MUCH more easily, without having to be at the extreme ends. It registers 2-4 times on a solid, direct hit, so it might be a smidge too easy, but I'll take that over almost-never-registering. It does NOT register when I nudge/shake the game (tilt warnings trigger first) so I'm probably not too far off from the intended configuration.

Apologies i can't find the original fix post. So what is the fix for the rocket exactly?

#8718 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EBs back on.
I’d like to see ahoy!

Do you have a pro or premium?

#8856 9 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I still can't help but feel these new wizard modes should be tied to the movie inserts rather than the mode ladders. As in - complete the villain, henchman, gadget and light the bond girl for a movie - light the insert and get the wizard mode.
Seems a little more cohesive for me, but not complaining too much - the work on the code has been outstanding.

Its definitely getting more cohesive as we approach 1.0 the code is really polishing up nicely.

As opposed to my foo premium where the mini wizards in my opinion are complete uninspired garbage. Just 6 ball chaos, zero moments, nothing unique. Reslly disappointing coming from rayday. I never really cared for deadpool code so that's no surprise from that other coder. Mxv is killing it. Id be embarrassed atm if I was in the foo fighters coding team.

#8859 9 months ago

Tbh the game isn't worth the effort to get out any forks. Nighr and day between the bond layout by a seasoned veteran and that rookie attempt.

2 weeks later
#9429 9 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Has anyone finished Outer Space Hijack? For me, it's the most difficult mode on the machine. I think I average scoring about 1 hit before time expires or I drain. The best I've done is scoring three or four but I think it takes about 45 to complete the mode. It's the one mode I swear the switch is not registering but when I've tested it, it shows it's working.

You can farm huge points from this mode if you time a good playfield x going into it. I think its one of the more forgiving spectre modes timewise. Just get to know the shot sequences as it helps to plan ahead with these.

4 months later
#13115 4 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I’m a cheater!!!
Only got a couple games in but what a difference. Easy to follow YouTube video for the installation. Great mod. Just need play my 7th day to get my badge.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's a damn cool and well done mod. For me it's not cheating as such. Will I ever install one? No. I just think its a bit of a robbing Peter to pay Paul kind of deal. The jets (where the ball ends up in my game) give a variety of progress plus assists getting playfiled x (honey ryfer) plus get those mi6 6 lanes going. The ball also occasionally hits the tank which progresses ball save.

Cool mod and if you've got one awesome but I'm fine how Gomez created it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.