IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 314.
#4001 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Yes. Seems like it. I could be wrong I guess.

Makes doing some things easier like getting the ball on the upper flipper, makes some things harder like completing the top lanes and getting super pops and power plant points. I really do belive that the gate will raise on more modes once the code matures. Until then, if you like flow, raise the gate and if you like stop and go in the pops and sometimes no way to feed the upper flipper (FRWL shot, the gate stops it on many occations, bird 1 lock active and blocks it, and if some drops are down so it likely won't make it out of the bird 1 area to the upper) and if a mode requires either the Bond women loop or henchmen ramp then I guess you are out of luck.

So, code update or bust on that one.

#4002 1 year ago

Could someone help a new operator out I decided to change my bond pricing from $1 a game to $2 a game ; not trying to debate price but would love what you think it should be $1 or $2…

I found the custom pricing section but it literally wouldn’t change when I set it to $2 for 1 credit it stays at 1/.25 and 2/2.00 which is weird here’s a screen shot I was literally in that menu for 30 mins trying to figure it out

86361CC0-7500-4D0A-A976-6C24C15462B2 (resized).jpeg86361CC0-7500-4D0A-A976-6C24C15462B2 (resized).jpeg
#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Mine hits the tank target and then about 25% it rockets SDTM

Yup... Such a cheap way to drain... I really expect them to add a short ball save of some sort. You literally have no control once that ball shoots out of the Shire AKA the underwater scoop.

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Could someone help a new operator out I decided to change my bond pricing from $1 a game to $2 a game ; not trying to debate price but would love what you think it should be $1 or $2…
I found the custom pricing section but it literally wouldn’t change when I set it to $2 for 1 credit it stays at 1/.25 and 2/2.00 which is weird here’s a screen shot I was literally in that menu for 30 mins trying to figure it out
[quoted image]

The custom pricing system is not easy to use as all. You need to go back to the 0.25 price and set credits to zero.

#4005 1 year ago

Tech question. My game's LOWER VOLUME button stopped functioning.

The INCREASE VOLUME button works fine. Stern sent me a replacement volume module, which I installed. Regrettably, the problem persists. The plug appears to be seated and intact.

This is the stock volume control. There is no external volume mod. It's inconvenient controlling the master volume via the flippers and menu selection.

Any suggestions before I contact my distributor?

#4006 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]

Looks like Avengers. Bond is not an Avenger.

Are you talking Bond Pro or Prem/LE?

#4007 1 year ago

My high stakes eject hits the pops 99% of the time. Premium, if that makes any difference, but it shouldn’t.

#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Have had our new pro for a few days and I find the kickout from the underwater scoop super annoying as it always just hits the red post below the pops. Is this how it was designed or should it be hitting the rollover switch into the pops?
[quoted image]

Should be going into the pops all the time. I was able to adjust mine slightly enough by loosening the post and screw that hold the reverse scoop down and give it a slight turn. (it won't turn much)

#4009 1 year ago

Can you take a photo to explain exactly which post and screw you loosened?

#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Have had our new pro for a few days and I find the kickout from the underwater scoop super annoying as it always just hits the red post below the pops. Is this how it was designed or should it be hitting the rollover switch into the pops?
[quoted image]

Mine mostly gets a pop or two from the bottom pop bumper. Infrequently hits the post.
You can change the pitch back to front a tad. I keep mine steep and fast. Although front to back is a preference. You could possibly lift one side. Obviously you want it even side to side, but if it's off just enough to miss the post and stop your frustrations it might be worth it to you. Also, you might try changing the power of the eject. Finally don't forget to nudge. I'm not too crazy about nudging, but there is a time and a place. For instance, when the ball slowly comes out from between the villain and henchman ramps, nudge just enough using the top of the villain ramp right before it comes out of there to not go SDTM. Good luck and let us know if any of this helps.

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Should be going into the pops all the time.

Ugh, I certainly hope not. (Mine goes off the tank target too most of the time.)

The pops are my absolute LEAST favorite part of the (Prem/LE) game, with their clunky simultaneous/dual-pop function. I cringe (and/or yawn) every time the ball goes in there--
clunk ...clunk...clunk clunk... clunk ...clunk

...instead of pop-poppop-pop-poppoppop that you get on the Pro (and practically every other game since 1960something) with independent bumpers.

#4012 1 year ago

Curious, does anyone know how the scuba eject is officially supposed to be designed? Is it designed to go into the pops or hit the tank?
Has GG said it in an interview or pod?

#4013 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Curious, does anyone know how the scuba eject is officially supposed to be designed? Is it designed to go into the pops or hit the tank?

I don't believe it has been officially stated, but on the stream from Stern at the gameplay reveal, it was hitting the tank target:

#4014 1 year ago

Haven't checked this thread in awhile. Is the game awesome since the last code update?

#4015 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Haven't checked this thread in awhile. Is the game awesome since the last code update?

Looking for passable about May-ish. No chance for awesome before late summer/early Fall. LONG way to go.

#4016 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looking for passable about May-ish. No chance for awesome before late summer/early Fall. LONG way to go.

I hope so. Too much potential on this game. It will be a bummer if Stern scraps the Bond updates in order to have "all hands on deck" for upcoming cornerstones...but I could see them doing that.

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Tech question. My game's LOWER VOLUME button stopped functioning.
The INCREASE VOLUME button works fine. Stern sent me a replacement volume module, which I installed. Regrettably, the problem persists. The plug appears to be seated and intact.
This is the stock volume control. There is no external volume mod. It's inconvenient controlling the master volume via the flippers and menu selection.
Any suggestions before I contact my distributor?

Open the coin door and press the menu button 6 times to enter switch test. Once here, you can verify the following;

Pressing the
_Menu button displays on screen as input 4
_Volume + displays input 3
_Volume - does nothing (should display input 2)
_Service credit displays input 1 very briefly and exits this test

Press menu one more time to enter the test again.

Now unplug the connector on the board inside the coin-door (shown in picture) labeled "menu buttons".
Now, with a jumper-wire or a paper-clip, you can connect the top pin (where that connector was on that board) and the next pin down after the space (simulating Black wire to Green/grey wire connection)
Then the top one again and the third one down (simulating Black to Green/Violet).
Again for the forth one down (simulating Black to Green/Blue).
Now finally the fifth pin (simulating Black to Green/Black).

When you do this, at the board with the jumper, you should get the same result as if you were hitting the buttons on the coin door ~If your board is bad~.
If not, then the only difference will be that when you connect the top pin and the second pin from the bottom you will see input 2 displaying on the screen ~If you harnessing from the board to the coin-door buttons is bad~. Please reach back if you have any further questions.
If your harness is bad, then it's probably just a bad connection at the pin on one end or the other.

Coin-door buttons (resized).jpgCoin-door buttons (resized).jpgMenu wire colors (resized).jpgMenu wire colors (resized).jpgmenu connection (resized).jpgmenu connection (resized).jpg
#4018 1 year ago

I thought when new coder talent Tim Sexton and then Raymond Davidson were hired by Stern, some of the oldest, slowest and repeative programmers, i.e Lonnie, would be moving on to greener pastures. This was even mentioned directly by a former (then current) Stern employee a couple of years ago.

Guess not. Maybe when Ray is at the point where he can be lead programmer on a cornerstone....

Lonnie and team will eventually get it done. Best case scenario, they call in Dwight or one of the newer guys to lend a hand and get this thing ramped up quicker.

#4019 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Watch video stream with Jack Danger and Gomez - the ball is going into the pops. That’s why I adjusted mine that way. It was hitting the target all the time and draining often enough where it was getting frustrating. I would rather randomize the henchmen, villains, and affect women and Q. Once I watched the stream, I made the adjustment.

#4020 1 year ago

#4021 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Watch video stream with Jack Danger and Gomez - the ball is going into the pops. That’s why I adjusted mine that way. It was hitting the target all the time and draining often enough where it was getting frustrating. I would rather randomize the henchmen, villains, and affect women and Q. Once I watched the stream, I made the adjustment.

I agree with this approach, the games set up at Expo last fall mostly fed into the pops (some were quite unlevel) so I presume that is the preferred result. Of my two pros and one premium, one of the pros did not make the pops easily so I adjusted the scoop angle angle / power until it did. Make sure you have the game level and pitch where you want it before you start messing with this type of an adjustment. Getting the upper flipper to make the ramp consistently (i.e. not too steep) is critical to this game shooting well.

#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Mine will hit the tank, the pops switch, the pops or the post when it ejects. It adds some defensive gameplay sometimes but not all the time.

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

If mine shot into the pops -- intentional or not -- I would absolutely readjust so they DIDN'T. The ball ends up in the scuba scoop a lot, and if it went into the pop every time it would slow the game down sooooo much, especially on the frustratingly clunky dual-firing Prem/LE pops.

#4024 1 year ago

So my buddies Pro model, the left speaker seems to crackle on higher outputting sound bites, and they don't have their volume super high. Some things sound find but then in certain modes or sounding moments, it's very tingy sounding (word?) and crackles. Also the pop bumpers really create a crackling sound and almost sounds like the pops are rattling something in the cabinet that feels/sounds like it's near the flippers even. It's really weird sounding machine

#4025 1 year ago

The scoring got tweaked so much from the original release that I can't even remotely touch my scores from the old code. I seem to have monster games(or think I am) on current code and my score is like half of what I have on the leaderboards right now.
I'm ready for some new code and get this game rolling!

#4026 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The scoring got tweaked so much form the original release that I can't even remotely touch my scores from the old code. I seem to have monster games(or think I am) on current code and my score is like half of what I have on the leaderboards right now.
I'm ready for some new code and get this game rolling!

Don't worry once those playfield multipliers are in the game the old and current scores are all gonna look silly.

#4027 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So my buddies Pro model, the left speaker seems to crackle on higher outputting sound bites, and they don't have their volume super high. Some things sound find but then in certain modes or sounding moments, it's very tingy sounding (word?) and crackles. Also the pop bumpers really create a crackling sound and almost sounds like the pops are rattling something in the cabinet that feels/sounds like it's near the flippers even. It's really weird sounding machine

Swap out the speakers, super easy and made a big difference for me over the junky stock Sterns. I found the thread below to be one of the best guides:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Swap out the speakers, super easy and made a big difference for me over the junky stock Sterns. I found the thread below to be one of the best guides:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

Yea sounds like a similar issue to what we are hearing. Any good recommendations of good cheap speakers to replace the stock sterns?

#4029 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea sounds like a similar issue to what we are hearing. Any good recommendations of good cheap speakers to replace the stock sterns?

I used Kicker 46CSC44. Theyre actually on sale right now $56/pair.

#4030 1 year ago

I like the 5.25 Kickers.

KICKER 46CSC54 CS-Series CSC5 5.25-Inch (130mm) Coaxial Speakers, 4-Ohm (Pair) https://a.co/d/6yts4yp

#4031 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I like the 5.25 Kickers.
KICKER 46CSC54 CS-Series CSC5 5.25-Inch (130mm) Coaxial Speakers, 4-Ohm (Pair) https://a.co/d/6yts4yp

Those are almost certainly an improvement from the 4" but would require an adapter bracket, new speaker plate or just cutting the existing screw posts and adding new ones in the existing speaker plate. I went with the 4" as a reasonable plug and play upgrade. James Bond isn't a rockin music pin after all.

#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like Avengers. Bond is not an Avenger.
Are you talking Bond Pro or Prem/LE?

It’s for a bond pro .. sorry I was off location and that’s why it’s avengers screen shot..

Figured it out I think

What do you guys think $1 per play or $2

;

Thanks pin monk you are very helpful we appreciate you greatly

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

It’s for a bond pro .. sorry I was off location and that’s why it’s avengers screen shot..
Figured it out I think

Who is going to pay $2 per game? I've never seen a game that high. Maybe Bond 60th will be but that's a $20k game.

What are the other games set to at that location?

#4034 1 year ago

agree, I feel like most (if not all?!) locations I've been to are $1 for 1 or $2 for 3 for modern pins and older machines tend to be lower.

#4035 1 year ago

So games cost 2/3rds more to purchase and we have to keep the play prices the same?
Add in all the Free Play places that keep popping up which devalues the play experience and creates a negative perception of value for coin drop.
Pinball makes little to no commercial business sense any longer.
They have become vanity possessions for the rich and monetary detached.

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Who is going to pay $2 per game? I've never seen a game that high. Maybe Bond 60th will be but that's a $20k game.
What are the other games set to at that location?

There is a place in Nashville that charges 2.00 for their LE's
in which Im happy to pay

#4037 1 year ago

I'm not saying whats right / fair / economic, just my (limited) experience, that's all!

#4038 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

So games cost 2/3rds more to purchase and we have to keep the play prices the same?
Add in all the Free Play places that keep popping up which devalues the play experience and creates a negative perception of value for coin drop.
Pinball makes little to no commercial business sense any longer.
They have become vanity possessions for the rich and monetary detached.

Have pinball machines made commercial sense in the past 40 years? Arcade (video) games almost completely replaced them in the late 70s/early 80s because they took up less space and require almost no maintenance.

I spoke to someone at Ground Kontrol in Portland about 10 years ago. They said that the games basically pay for themselves but they really only make money at the bar. I think this is how most locations operate. The games are an attraction but not how they make profit for the business.

I'm not sure why someone would put LE games, which cost thousands more but have the same gameplay, on location. I mean it's nice when you see them, but from a business perspective doesn't make sense (unless the operator is going to sell them after a year for the same or more than what they bought them for, which was probably possible for the past few years).

If I'm wrong, please share your experiences, operators.

Edit: sorry, this is completely off topic so feel free to ignore it.

#4039 1 year ago

Charge $2 a game if you want. But you'd best make sure everything works perfectly on the machine, and you might want to set the outlanes a bit easier or something.

I personally wouldn't pay $2 for a game of Bond unless you put the extra right-side post in and closed the left outlane at least a notch. Maybe Godzilla or Rush I would.

#4040 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Figured it out I think
;
Thanks pin monk you are very helpful we appreciate you greatly

For a Pro $1 or $5/6 is about all I think you're gonna do well with. We've done $1.50 or $5/4 on JJP LEs with 4 balls and did very well, but those were LEs. On a pro $1 is about it. But if you have a bill acceptor that will do $5s and you set it up for that with a free game (essentially) for a fiver, you'll be surprised how many you get.

#4041 1 year ago

I was hoping that was just mylar but looks like clear is lifting near the rocket and the back edge of the drop target

IMG_5565 (resized).jpgIMG_5565 (resized).jpg
#4042 1 year ago

I asked George Gomez about the Bond scoop eject intent. Here's his answer:

The scoop should hit either the tank target or the pop bumper area.

It’s not critical because we score either. It was just intended to get the ball back in play up playfield. If you loosen the scoop screws you can rotate it slightly and retighten but honestly, it’s not that critical and no matter what it may vary for a whole variety of reasons. Either area advances your score and neither will unbalance it in a meaningful way. That type of device is not intended to place the ball with precision.

#4043 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I was hoping that was just mylar but looks like clear is lifting near the rocket and the back edge of the drop target
[quoted image]

How many plays?

#4044 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Open the coin door and press the menu button 6 times to enter switch test. Once here, you can verify the following;
Pressing the
_Menu button displays on screen as input 4
_Volume + displays input 3
_Volume - does nothing (should display input 2)
_Service credit displays input 1 very briefly and exits this test
Press menu one more time to enter the test again.
Now unplug the connector on the board inside the coin-door (shown in picture) labeled "menu buttons".
Now, with a jumper-wire or a paper-clip, you can connect the top pin (where that connector was on that board) and the next pin down after the space (simulating Black wire to Green/grey wire connection)
Then the top one again and the third one down (simulating Black to Green/Violet).
Again for the forth one down (simulating Black to Green/Blue).
Now finally the fifth pin (simulating Black to Green/Black).
When you do this, at the board with the jumper, you should get the same result as if you were hitting the buttons on the coin door ~If your board is bad~.
If not, then the only difference will be that when you connect the top pin and the second pin from the bottom you will see input 2 displaying on the screen ~If you harnessing from the board to the coin-door buttons is bad~. Please reach back if you have any further questions.
If your harness is bad, then it's probably just a bad connection at the pin on one end or the other. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great explanation, many thanks! Much appreciated.

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Great explanation, many thanks! Much appreciated.

Anytime, I hope I helped.

#4046 1 year ago

Whenever I think about how long it’s been since the last code update…

B23BF502-52AF-440A-AA2F-4E7B75C1C28B.jpegB23BF502-52AF-440A-AA2F-4E7B75C1C28B.jpeg
#4047 1 year ago

I really hope they come up with a code update soon. The Pinball world has never been so bright when it comes to the choice of new pins. Cool times, expensive but cool. All that Foo Fighters, Godfather and all the others make me want to play pinball even more.

Now get me my Q gadgets modes

#4048 1 year ago

Ts4 was 1.50 or $2 on location when it was new.

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Ts4 was 1.50 or $2 on location when it was new.

Thats a rip off but its a free country I guess? Maybe its different for people who don't own games or go to shows?

#4050 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats a rip off but its a free country I guess? Maybe its different for people who don't own games or go to shows?

Stern has raised the price of their machines 20-50% (depending on version) over the last three years. I think operators should be raising their prices, but everyone goes wild when it costs more than $1 per play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 15,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.