IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 314.
#5701 1 year ago

20230401_192358 (resized).jpg20230401_192358 (resized).jpg

20230401_192734 (resized).jpg20230401_192734 (resized).jpg

20230401_193301 (resized).jpg20230401_193301 (resized).jpg
#5702 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

And…….??

#5703 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Excited for this to hit! What can you tell us?

#5704 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hopefully it levels out the sounds and music (High Stakes is brutally loud compared to the rest) and hopefully they removed High Stakes from multiball modes, I hate it when it comes up during multi ball and there's no way to look up and see what you got. Should be paused during multiball.

of course, hopefully a couple more Q gadgets and multipliers.

#5705 1 year ago

I talked to Mike V at MGC today and he said the new update (88.1) has 4 new skill shots, bunch of new combo bonus shots and a bunch of bug fixes. He also talked about the Q gadgets that are coming and they sound really fun with progressive multiballs from them, like as you progress through you get more balls in your multiballs.

I asked if it was coming out next week and he said he didn't know for sure, but it should be real soon or it wouldn't be at MGC.

Mike was a super nice guy and I really enjoyed talking to him. I didn't know that he was a concert photographer as his side hustle.

#5706 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Stern really needs to fix the heating up of their flippers. I'm getting annoyed having to add flipper fans on every game. If I get in the 500 million range I can hardly hit the left orbit ramp unless I've got momentum from the inlane.
Hey Mr.G!

Try dialing back the flipper power, that may help? Both my new Elvira and the Bond I have lowered significantly and am able to make more shots because of it. They are set way too high from the factory.

#5707 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Try dialing back the flipper power, that may help? Both my new Elvira and the Bond I have lowered significantly and am able to make more shots because of it. They are set way too high from the factory.

Define significantly. I have mine at about 240?

#5708 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

New mod finally came in. Placement suggestions welcome....

That a sneak peek at the Stern Bond topper.....for $1,900!!! Which of course will include LEDs with it....duh.

#5709 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I do that as well, the games play better IMO. I think its the hold power that needs addressing across spike 2

#5710 1 year ago

Here is a link to the topic, but I solved an issue with rails crossing over each other on the same level. I will be offering a full wireform mod going around the rocket and a stainless plate rocket silo version. I am still working out prototypes but here is a video of wireform version. Both are coming soon for pro owners once finalized. If your interested in the build revisions and progress please jump over to my topic. The only thing I will post in here going forward will be when they are done.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-specter-wireform-attempt-around-rocket

Video:

33FF1E4F-75E4-4ACA-9D0C-DB6945D92F52 (resized).jpeg33FF1E4F-75E4-4ACA-9D0C-DB6945D92F52 (resized).jpeg863F8F22-AC05-4BB8-9D64-C1A23DAC5EFD (resized).jpeg863F8F22-AC05-4BB8-9D64-C1A23DAC5EFD (resized).jpeg
#5711 1 year ago

I also played the Bond 60th yesterday and it was a really fun layout. I really liked it and wanted to keep going back to play it.
I think it goes unsaid that it isn't worth the asking price for most wallets, but if you get a chance to play it it's fast and a blast.

The one thing that caught me off guard was that some of the sounds are the same ones I hear on my JBpro... tilt warning voice is exactly like ours (it was set pretty tight), the bond theme plays while playing just like ours and some other small things. It left me thinking that we really got a deal on our bond theme, would our pins have been possible (license cost wise) without the offset of the 60th...?

#5712 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Here is a link to the topic, but I solved an issue with rails crossing over each other on the same level. I will be offering a full wireform mod going around the rocket and a stainless plate rocket silo version. I am still working out prototypes but here is a video of wireform version. Both are coming soon for pro owners once finalized. If your interested in the build revisions and progress please jump over to my topic. The only thing I will post in here going forward will be when they are done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-specter-wireform-attempt-around-rocket
Video: [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome work man, it’s a game changer for Pro owners, opens up the middle of the playfield and looks like it makes that ramp return a lot more interesting and fun to shoot.

Now can you do something for the prem/Le owners

#5713 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Now can you do something for the prem/Le owners

Agreed! I've gotten several drains from air-balling into the wireform. Often from the slings.

#5714 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Agreed! I've gotten several drains from air-balling into the wireform. Often from the slings.

Maybe turn the sling power down? I have never seen this on mine.
The jetpack ramp is my favorite shot in this game. I wouldn't change it on mine. But i can see how moving this around the rocket on pro's would seem like an upgrade since it is so empty without the cool physical lock.

#5715 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Maybe turn the sling power down? I have never seen this on mine.
The jetpack ramp is my favorite shot in this game. I wouldn't change it on mine. But i can see how moving this around the rocket on pro's would seem like an upgrade since it is so empty without the cool physical lock.

Yeah that ramp of Logan’s adds a tonne to the pro, fills up that back left corner around the rocket, opens the centre of the playfield up a tonne and the ramp looping the rocket looks great, definitely a must for the pro to make up for the lack of the lock wireform around the rocket.

#5716 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Video: [quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, that’s awesome. I might buy a pro to get one with that mod. Very impressive.

#5717 1 year ago

My bond banner from custom pinball overseas. Sterns not selling banners anymore.

940F1C96-CAC2-459A-8938-4989B2378B3F (resized).jpeg940F1C96-CAC2-459A-8938-4989B2378B3F (resized).jpeg
#5718 1 year ago

That is a great banner. Could you please share how to get one? I searched for Custom Pinball but could not find it. Thanks.

#5719 1 year ago

I think I finally got my Pro dialed in... I changed my lower flippers power to 230 tonight and is seems to have more flow and better timing for me. I tried 220 and it seemed a bit too slow. I have had my upper at 170 for a while, but might bump it up to 175 and see if I can get a little more speed around the orbit shot. I had 4 in a row tonight and seems like I can do more with a little more oomph.

I had a 177 million jetpack multiball after the changes and that a lot for me.

#5720 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

That is a great banner. Could you please share how to get one? I searched for Custom Pinball but could not find it. Thanks.

I want the Indiana Jones! But when/if James Bond is ever finished then maybe the Bond as well.

#5721 1 year ago

Have to search on Facebook and pm them. No site

#5722 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My bond banner from custom pinball overseas. Sterns not selling banners anymore.
[quoted image]

That's really a nice banner.

I really can't believe that Stern stopped doing banners. The vast majority of places I go to that have multiple pins have the banners hanging above them, Usually with the IC television and other pinball promotion stuff. Plus it's an easy way for Stern to make another buck.

#5723 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I really can't believe that Stern stopped doing banners. The vast majority of places I go to that have multiple pins have the banners hanging above them, Usually with the IC television and other pinball promotion stuff. Plus it's an easy way for Stern to make another buck.

My basement has several banners and I love them - it is such an obvious money maker accessory for Stern. I don't get it.

Quoted from arcadem:

Facebook

#5724 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I really can't believe that Stern stopped doing banners.

You sure they didn't just stop Bond banners? The only artwork they had approved for Bond banners was the three pinball machine models and it looked horrible, compared to other banners they have made. I wouldn't produce them either if that was the only asset I could use.

Similar to this email graphic.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.15.18 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.15.18 AM (resized).png

#5725 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

My basement has several banners and I love them - it is such an obvious money maker accessory for Stern. I don't get it.

Facebook

I believe its a licensing issue with the banners as to why they cannot sell them. PR use only is what I've heard.

#5726 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I believe its a licensing issue with the banners as to why they cannot sell them. PR use only is what I've heard.

Interesting - could be!

Quoted from kermit24:

You sure they didn't just stop Bond banners? The only artwork they had approved for Bond banners was the three pinball machine models and it looked horrible, compared to other banners they have made. I wouldn't produce them either if that was the only asset I could use.
[quoted image]

I don't think they stopped but very limited runs and not for sale is what I heard. I believe Zach mentioned it on the Pinball Show a few weeks back.

#5727 1 year ago

Are we to assume the .88.1 beta code at MGC was nothing to write home about as there was scant a mention in here about it except some detail from one person? Must not have been much unfortunately...

#5728 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Are we to assume the .88.1 beta code at MGC was nothing to write home about as there was scant a mention in here about it except some detail from one person? Must not have been much unfortunately...

George hyped it last week it would be out then changed to will be available at MGC to preview but agree, not a peep about it.

#5729 1 year ago

No I talked to distributors and not selling foo banners. Said they will get a few for promotional reasons but if sold it would be a premium since not making them. China has them anyways.

#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

I opened up the box for our launch party, looked at the banner and said "da' fuq is this thing?!?". It looked terrible and so did the launch party trophy. I was shocked they sent something that ugly.

#5731 1 year ago

2 weeks ago a few of us optimistic Bond LE fans pulled our for sale ads,It seems maybe the flippers are eating $--- on this one with 20 mostly new in box ads on pinside.I say flippers because if they didnt even open the box they likely had no intention to keep it.Just my observation.

#5732 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

2 weeks ago a few of us optimistic Bond LE fans pulled our for sale ads,It seems maybe the flippers are eating $--- on this one with 20 mostly new in box ads on pinside.I say flippers because if they didnt even open the box they likely had no intention to keep it.Just my observation.

$8k by xmas.

#5733 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I mean it's just the missing skill shots and some combos, so it was never going to be big, and seems to just be preview code at this point, so we might not even get it. The new stuff might just get rolled into the next more meaningful update

#5734 1 year ago

$8K for an LE by Christmas? I'll take that bet.

#5735 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

$8K for an LE by Christmas? I'll take that bet.

Yeah, I have been a little disapointed in the code too. I started with .87 which was completely unsat and am now on .88 which is almost passable. I can't imagine what pre .87 code for 6 months was like, but this game is turning the corner and is starting to get good. With proper code I think this could be Gomez's best since Deadpool.

#5736 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yeah, I have been a little disapointed in the code too. I started with .87 which was completely unsat and am now on .88 which is almost passable. I can't imagine what pre .87 code for 6 months was like, but this game is turning the corner and is starting to get good. With proper code I think this could be Gomez's best since Deadpool.

I had my LE listed, but pulled down my ad. I am enjoying the game more with the latest code, and I am optimistic it will turn out to be a real winner. I am encouraging people to grab a NIB at $11.5 if you can, I think people will look back someday and be happy that they did.

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I had my LE listed, but pulled down my ad. I am enjoying the game more with the latest code, and I am optimistic it will turn out to be a real winner. I am encouraging people to grab a NIB at $11.5 if you can, I think people will look back someday and be happy that they did.

I will sell mine for $11,500 NIB. PM for details add is posted on site.

#5738 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Yeah, I think we are in the lull where people think/read that the code sucks and therefore the game sucks. If you look at the chart for Stranger Things, the ratings did not go up until about a year after it was released. What changed? The code. I'm hoping that the same thing happens with Bond.

Here are the Stranger Things code release dates for the first year:
LE/PRE V1.02 - January 6, 2021
LE/PRE V1.01 - December 21, 2020
LE/PRE V1.00 - November 24, 2020
LE/PRE V0.99.0 - October 15, 2020
LE/PRE V0.98.0 - August 12, 2020
LE/PRE V0.97.0 - July 16, 2020
LE/PRE V0.96.0 - July 1, 2020
LE/PRE V0.94.0 - June 11, 2020
LE/PRE V0.92.0 - May 21, 2020
LE/PRE V0.90.0 - May 4, 2020
LE/PRE V0.88.0 - April 16, 2020
LE/PRE V0.87.0 - April 2, 2020
LE/PRE V0.86.0 - March 2, 2020
LE/PRE V0.85.0 - February 19, 2020
LE/PRE V0.84.0 - February 12, 2020
LE/PRE V0.83.0 - January 22, 2020
LE/PRE V0.82.0 - January 22, 2020

#5739 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I will sell mine for $11,500 NIB. PM for details add is posted on site.

Damn it! I sure wish I wasn't an idiot and always feel like I'll miss out on an LE if I don't jump on one right away! You would have saved me $2500 after tax.....but regardless, it's an amazing layout and the code is looking promising so I think I'll survive, ha

#5740 1 year ago

I know your joking around and I dont see any reason for everyone who downvotes to be so serious.
Of course new code is better and more to come.

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I know your joking around and I dont see any reason for everyone who downvotes to be so serious.
Of course new code is better and more to come.

Keyboard warriors. I’m certain they also flag reviews they disagree with.

#5742 1 year ago

Anyone else think it's odd that not one person played the bond at MGC or they didn't report anything? Man inquiring minds want to know!

#5743 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Anyone else think it's odd that not one person played the bond at MGC or they didn't report anything? Man inquiring minds want to know!

You are assuming that there’s someone who played it who a) would know the difference between 88 and 88.1, and b) would bother coming here to post about it.

Probably not that big of a cross section.

And yeah I’m not into putting too much stock into numbers, but not sure what we are expecting from a .1 code improvement.

#5744 1 year ago

I’m considering getting in on a Bond Premium /LE. Those that have had for a while, wasn’t the 0.88 code update a major improvement? Considering it’s still off from a 1.0 release, what are the major holes in the code?

#5745 1 year ago

Sounded like from what someone posted earlier is that this upgrade only added some skill shots and had some bug fixes.

#5746 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

I’m considering getting in on a Bond Premium /LE. Those that have had for a while, wasn’t the 0.88 code update a major improvement? Considering it’s still off from a 1.0 release, what are the major holes in the code?

This question gets asked once a page and the answer is always the same;

It’s missing a bunch of modes. At least one wizard mode. Lots of songs they’ve supposedly licensed. There’s inserts on the playfield that light up but do literally nothing. The entire package continues to need a ton of polish (clips run too long or not long enough, there’s no coordination between clips and when the ball is released into play)

There’s still a ways to go. Buy at your own risk.

#5747 1 year ago

Code based on inserts and feature list alone means it will be stellar. If LEs can be had at a discount, wow jump in, you’ll make bank once code is fully fleshed out. 8 months from now they’ll be hard to find if still available. GG is committed to making this top notch you can count on that.

#5748 1 year ago

At a minimum right now:
5 skill shots are missing.
4 Q gadgets are missing.
No Bond women.
There is no wizard mode.
Action button multiplier is missing.
Should be more music added at some point.

I assume/hope that there will be more stuff with combos, loops, secret skill shots, extra multiball modes, extra wizard modes, etc.

#5749 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Code based on inserts and feature list alone means it will be stellar. If LEs can be had at a discount, wow jump in, you’ll make bank once code is fully fleshed out. 8 months from now they’ll be hard to find if still available. GG is committed to making this top notch you can count on that.

I guess if I was an investor I'd buy more and "make bank". But, as it stands, I got a great deal on my prem and I won't make anything because it's never leaving.

#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

At a minimum right now:
5 skill shots are missing.
4 Q gadgets are missing.
No Bond women.
There is no wizard mode.
Action button multiplier is missing.
Should be more music added at some point.
I assume/hope that there will be more stuff with combos, loops, secret skill shots, extra multiball modes, extra wizard modes, etc.

Im not so concerned with what is missing... it will come eventually. Id prefer the scoring imbalances be sorted before adding more modes and skills hots etc. Complete 1 villain mode get 5mil, complete another get 100 mil. Possibly scoring imbalances will improve next update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,100 (OBO)
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.