IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg
20FB72F1-8B81-46FF-8859-09FD68BE1593 (resized).jpeg
A7FBB9E0-2D84-42EB-95F3-248219C891EE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 302.
#5751 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

My bond banner from custom pinball overseas. Sterns not selling banners anymore.
[quoted image]

I am coming out with a line of banners soon. Stay tuned!

#5752 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I am coming out with a line of banners soon. Stay tuned!

Not a good idea unless over seas. They come after you using logo. I guess jjp lawyers are worse. Overseas and China hard to go after.

#5753 11 months ago

OK,well,G.S.P.F.is right around the corner, hope 2 C a JB 60th there as well as a LE,with more code, right??

#5754 11 months ago

Problem with block quote. Responding to wireform mod for premiums.

I would be up to it. It would be easy to tie the ball lock rails into a design. I think the only thing that would be the issue is the tank and its target. The path of the wireforms go right over it. To get over that the back ramp height would need to go higher. I think its doable. But that would not solve the target on the tank? I also dont think I could go behind the tank as the pitch would cost alot of needed speed. If I ever get a trade involving a premium I would try it.

#5755 11 months ago

Stern never has sold banners. They make them as promo material and the distributors give them away or sell them after a game is no longer the new kid on the block. My distro gives me one usually when I pick up a new game at the shop. Not always the same game I am buying though and I won't take it unless it is a game that I actually own. I would rather leave the banner for someone else who owns the game.

Now I see a lot of aftermarket banners and not all are created the same... For me it is the original Stern or nothing.

#5756 11 months ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Problem with block quote. Responding to wireform mod for premiums.
I would be up to it. It would be easy to tie the ball lock rails into a design. I think the only thing that would be the issue is the tank and its target. The path of the wireforms go right over it. To get over that the back ramp height would need to go higher. I think its doable. But that would not solve the target on the tank? I also dont think I could go behind the tank as the pitch would cost alot of needed speed. If I ever get a trade involving a premium I would try it.

I think the pro ramp change is pretty cool and if you want the option go for it although I'm not so much a supporter of making big changes to games, particularly ramps.
That said im in the camp that the Gomez ball lock area around the rocket is fantastic, and gives a lot of kinetic satisfaction... pure Gomez kinetics there which I always define as clever clunk. Not everything has to flow to have good kinetics. I also think alterations to the premium would be too problematic. To me the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze, but its good that people out there who do want to change their game have options from creatives. Notice I used the word "change" not "improve".

#5757 11 months ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Anyone else think it's odd that not one person played the bond at MGC or they didn't report anything? Man inquiring minds want to know!

I messed up, I should have asked Mike V to take me over to a machine and play some games with me and show me the new stuff in the code. I talked to him for a while and felt like I shouldn't take up any more of his time and share him with others... that sounds stupid now.
He did give me a sweet Stern coin and a sticker...

I did play all the new stuff and a bunch of old stuff there for 6 hours, but kept skipping Bond cause I have it at home and three bars close to me... all the blinky lights form the other machines kept calling me.

#5758 11 months ago

I have a feeling we’ll never see 88.1.

The next update will be different.

#5759 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a feeling we’ll never see 88.1.
The next update will be different.

The .1 is just a proxy for the next update. I have a feeling we will see it, just under another number.

On another note, having one Q mode now instead of the two we had before really sucks!

#5760 11 months ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

I messed up, I should have asked Mike V to take me over to a machine and play some games with me and show me the new stuff in the code. I talked to him for a while and felt like I shouldn't take up any more of his time and share him with others... that sounds stupid now.
He did give me a sweet Stern coin and a sticker...
I did play all the new stuff and a bunch of old stuff there for 6 hours, but kept skipping Bond cause I have it at home and three bars close to me... all the blinky lights form the other machines kept calling me.

No worries: I got through all the villains last night and was wondering why a wizard mode didn’t start lol never got that far into the game before. I had so much fun and wanted more!

#5761 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The .1 is just a proxy for the next update. I have a feeling we will see it, just under another number.
On another note, having one Q mode now instead of the two we had before really sucks!

We still have 2.

But slot machine you no longer hear the voice clips from the babe.

We demanded it. And they listened.

Are we happy or do we miss her?

#5762 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We still have 2.

I only got my le delivered 2 weeks ago so I didn't go through the initial pain. But I like hearing her bang on when I finally start that mode. It is by no means now an annoyance with more meat in the code.

#5763 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We still have 2.

Hmm I played it quite a bit today and only saw the radioactive one.

#5764 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We still have 2.

Stern knows she’s only 2 steps from the slammer if they want her there!

#5765 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hmm I played it quite a bit today and only saw the radioactive one.

I always get radioactive first but then get Q’s ring

#5766 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

I always get radioactive first but then get Q’s ring

yes…ALWAYS this.

#5767 11 months ago

It’s so funny we all bitched to get rid of her and soon everybody will be begging for her triumphant return !!

#5768 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s so funny we all bitched to get rid of her and soon everybody will be begging for her triumphant return !!

It’s Jill St. John, don’t know why people wanted her to leave, except there were few modes in the game at that time. So seeing it over and over was a bit annoying. With all the other Q modes in the game, it’d be great to have her section back.

#5769 11 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I guess if I was an investor I'd buy more and "make bank". But, as it stands, I got a great deal on my prem and I won't make anything because it's never leaving.

I was an LE buyer prior to Bond, but I bought the premium Bond. The $1500 price difference between premium and limited versions prior to Bond was justifiable in my mind - a $3300 price difference isn't.

I updated the speakers, side art, translite, rubbers and flippers on my Prem and I'm quite happy - I'm still not tempted to get an LE even at $11.5.

27708FDD-7246-4641-9AC5-04C3786BBD4B (resized).jpeg27708FDD-7246-4641-9AC5-04C3786BBD4B (resized).jpeg

760E6E5F-8F97-4B98-BDE7-505712C4404F (resized).jpeg760E6E5F-8F97-4B98-BDE7-505712C4404F (resized).jpeg

#5770 11 months ago

Am I the only one who would like an update on the M I 6 rollovers ?

It's annoying not being able to see which one is lit and which is not. The lit ones always go dark when you have a light show associate with another switch hit or shot completed.

At one point it becomes random which is not what it's meant to be.

#5771 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We bitched for more Q modes so she isn't 1 of 2 modes constantly repeated over and over. So instead they made the radioactive one ALWAYS first without adding any.

Can't wait for the update this week. If that doesn't come, some might develop a new hankering for some more pitchforking...

#5772 11 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im not so concerned with what is missing... it will come eventually. Id prefer the scoring imbalances be sorted before adding more modes and skills hots etc. Complete 1 villain mode get 5mil, complete another get 100 mil. Possibly scoring imbalances will improve next update.

The "it will come eventually" is what has me worried. If I was 100% convinced that the code will be deep and polished like Jurassic Park, Godzilla, etc, I wouldn't be complaining.

My issue is with the track record of the people working on the game. If they are crying "licensing issues" already, I can easily see this as being a flop because the launch code sucks and then being dropped like a hot potato with all the licensor difficulties.

I have this funny feeling, I'm going to be stuck with an unfinished box of lights. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, because I absolutely do have a horse in this race.

#5773 11 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have this funny feeling, I'm going to be stuck with an unfinished box of lights. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, because I absolutely do have a horse in this race.

Well I'd rest easy. Stern has done nothing like this recently. In fact I'd say nothing is an "unfinished box of lights". It will get done at some point.

#5774 11 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The "it will come eventually" is what has me worried. If I was 100% convinced that the code will be deep and polished like Jurassic Park, Godzilla, etc, I wouldn't be complaining.
My issue is with the track record of the people working on the game. If they are crying "licensing issues" already, I can easily see this as being a flop because the launch code sucks and then being dropped like a hot potato with all the licensor difficulties.

I'd like to think since George Gomez is the game's designer and Stern's Chief Creative Officer, the code will be worked until perfect. He's even said so himself, that he and his team are not giving up on Bond.

#5775 11 months ago

Just a teensie bit of positivity goes a long FKN way
On another note, should have my Premium tomorrow
Before i jump on Pinball Life's site and order a shaker motor does this machine still have the annoying digital screeching "knocker" arrangement like previous Spike 2's and does the PBL physical knocker kit work on Bond? I do assume so but want to check first.

#5776 11 months ago

One other thing that needs to be changed ASAP is the sound effect for the pop bumpers. BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG. It's absolutely terrible.

#5777 11 months ago

Has anyone been having trouble with their eject hatch hanging up? If so, what was your solution.

IMG_20230404_083623134 (resized).jpgIMG_20230404_083623134 (resized).jpg
#5778 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We still have 2.

Q's Ring and Jill St.John clips are still there, I just had them in a couple games last night. I don't recall what event caused the Q Branch light to flip from yellow to blue when I was playing, but I saw the switch out of the corner of my eye before getting Q's Ring. Maybe they temporarily added a score or target threshold to reach it in response to all the two steps away from the pitchfork going on.

#5779 11 months ago

Did someone ask for pitchforks, cause it seems like folks are pulling em out again

#5780 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I updated the flippers on my Prem

Those look like PrecisionPinball's "Halo" flippers. I'm about to put them on a TSPP as a test to see if they're worth it. You noticed a big improvement in flipper responsiveness and control? I'm skeptical they make a difference with coil heat and fatigue but am open to being convinced. Either way, that's not my priority. Flipper responsiveness and control is the priority. What do you think?

#5781 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One other thing that needs to be changed ASAP is the sound effect for the pop bumpers. BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG. It's absolutely terrible.

I agree it's a little silly. But its endearingly silly - and the sound effects change once in a while. Considering the theme, would you rather hear gun shots? Bond girls whispering "oh James" so that multiple pop bumper hits (and, let's face it, this game gets a lot of them LOL) sound like "Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh James"?

Now that I write that, I say we pass that along to GG!

#5782 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I agree it's a little silly. But its endearingly silly - and the sound effects change once in a while. Considering the theme, would you rather hear gun shots? Bond girls whispering "oh James" so that multiple pop bumper hits (and, let's face it, this game gets a lot of them LOL) sound like "Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh James"?

When you get the trumpets during the music (or something similar) when the pops hit, it isn't bad. But the "boing" is brutal, especially if you have upgraded the speakers or hooked a sub up to it.

Gunshots would be ok, of course, so would nothing.

#5783 11 months ago

Those look like PrecisionPinball's "Halo" flippers. I'm about to put them on a TSPP as a test to see if they're worth it. You noticed a big improvement in flipper responsiveness and control? I'm skeptical they make a difference with coil heat and fatigue but am open to being convinced. Either way, that's not my priority. Flipper responsiveness and control is the priority. What do you think?

Yes, those are the Precision Pinball Halo flippers. After playing a game at TPF with the Precision Pinball flippers, I was sold. The accuracy is the main factor that convinced me. I ended up ordering them for all my games (ouch).

You will find them more responsive for sure - I ended up dialing my flippers down a bit after installing them. Naturally, there will be less heat buildup as well by lowering the power.

#5784 11 months ago

Lots of great options for pop sound effects. The boing pogo sticks bouncing sound isn't one of the great ones.

#5785 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Lots of great options for pop sound effects. The boing pogo sticks bouncing sound isn't one of the great ones.

The old school fight scene punch sound fx could be a good one or bullet ricochets which would also be a little nod to Sterns…. Sorry I mean SEGAs last Bond pin Goldeneye.

#5786 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes, those are the Precision Pinball Halo flippers. After playing a game at TPF with the Precision Pinball flippers, I was sold. The accuracy is the main factor that convinced me. I ended up ordering them for all my games (ouch).
You will find them more responsive for sure - I ended up dialing my flippers down a bit after installing them. Naturally, there will be less heat buildup as well by lowering the power.

Thanks. I'm very curious to see what happens with the Halos I just ordered.

#5787 11 months ago
crack (resized).jpgcrack (resized).jpg
#5788 11 months ago

Based on my experience they make an unbelievable difference in accuracy. You will immediately improve your shot success rate by around 20%. When you go to play that game on location you will play better because your muscle memory will know where the shot should be. Just turn down the flipper power about 10 to compensate.

#5789 11 months ago

New code!

#5790 11 months ago
Screenshot_20230404_171329_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230404_171329_Gmail (resized).jpg
#5791 11 months ago

#5792 11 months ago

Santi Claus, please make it real good this time…

#5793 11 months ago

LE/PRE V0.89.0 - April 3, 2023
=====================

- Added 4 new Skill Shots. Hold in the left flipper and plunge the ball to activate:
"Licensed to Kill" Skill Shot at the Left/Scuba Eject.
"Undercover" Skill Shot at the Right Ramp.
"Double "0"" Skill Shot at the Side Ramp.
"Top Secret" Skill Shot, (You'll have to find it, it's a secret).
- Added 20 Sequence Combos. Shot the following shot sequence for a Combo Award.
Dr. No Combo: left orbit -> right ramp
From Russia With Love Combo: left orbit -> right orbit
Goldfinger Combo: left orbit -> right orbit -> side ramp
You Only Live Twice Combo: left orbit -> right ramp -> center lane
Diamonds Ae Forever Combo: left orbit -> right orbit -> right ramp
Thunderball Combo: left orbit -> right orbit -> side loop -> side ramp
Professor Dent Combo: right ramp -> left orbit
Rosa Klebb Combo: right orbit -> side loop
Mr. Osato Combo: right orbit -> side ramp
Oddjob Combo: right orbit -> right ramp
Largo Combo: right orbit -> side loop -> side ramp
Blofeld Combo: right ramp -> center lane -> side ramp
Red Grant Combo: right ramp -> left orbit -> right orbit -> side ramp
Fiona Volpe Combo: right ramp -> left orbit -> right orbit -> side loop -> side ramp
Mr. Wint & Mr. Kidd Combo: center lane -> side ramp
Honey Ryder Combo: center lane -> side loop
Kissy Combo: center lane -> right ramp
Domino Combo: center lane -> side loop -> side ramp
Tiffany Combo: case center lane -> side ramp -> left orbit -> right ramp
Q Branch Combo: center lane -> side loop -> side ramp -> left orbit -> right ramp
- DJ Mixer now has 11 tunes to play and/or cycle thru.
- Fixed a Bug where, upon completing a 2nd Jetpack Multiball Super Jackpot during the grace
period of draining back to 1 ball play, the game didn't restart Jetpack Multiball when it
added 1 ball back into play.
- Fixed a bug where the "Bond...James Bond" timer would continue to be displayed after the
Mode/Multiball was over.
- Added arrow lights to indicate where/when Skill Shots are available.
- Now the "Bond...James Bond" Multiball has a "Nixie Tube" style timer.
- Now "Bond...James Bond" switch score awards are displayed using abbreviated text.
- Fixed a bug where the display would stop drawing floating diamond awards.
- Fixed DJ Mixer Text.
- Fixed a bug where a lit Skill Shot was not awarded upon shooting the lit shot.
- Fixed a bug where ball save could be awarded during the grace period of draining
down to 1 ball play during Jetpack Multiball.
- Added Sound FX to the new Skill Shot awards.
- Now instructional speech doesn't occur during Skill shot awards.
- Added reload display effect to Jetpack Multiball.
- Removed reload speech from Jetpack Multiball.
- Added logic to the game to allow/disallow right orbit shots to activate the Orbit
Control Gate. When a Mode/Multiball is not active a shot to the Right Orbit will
either activate the Orbit Control Gate or divert the ball into the Pop Bumpers. The
right Back Panel Flasher indicates which action will be taken, i.e. Flasher ON = Activate
Orbit Control Game, Flasher OFF = Divert balls into the Pop Bumpers. Shots to the
Tank Target toggle the state of the Back Panel Flasher.
- Added logic to allow combos to help determine if the Orbit Control Gate should be opened based
upon Rules/Modes/Multiballs that are active.
- Added a new Combo Award background video.
- Added a new Sequence Combo Sound FX.
- Added logic to give priority to the "Trouble in Jamaica" rule/mode when deciding if the
Orbit Control Gate should be opened during multiball events.
- Now the "Bond...James Bond" Nixie Timer can be displayed during Combo award display effects.
- Added more "Bond" text positions to the "Bond...James Bond" background display effect.
- Fixed the alignment and justification of the Bond High Scores displayed in the Attract Mode.
- Now Turquoise "Bond" text appears upon each switch closure during "Bond...James Bond"
Multiball along with White floating score awards.
- Now X-WAY Floating Combo awards are drawn in front of the connectivity icons.
- Now Super Spinners displays Large Floating Diamonds as the display award.
- Now X-WAY combos are displayed on the right side of the display.
- Now X-WAY combos are drawn in front of the Villains/Henchmen that appear on the right side
of the display during Villain/Henchmen mode start.

#5794 11 months ago

Above post beat me posting release notes by 5 seconds.

Skill shots! Combos! DJ Mixer now has 11 tunes! Other stuff!

#5795 11 months ago

Tiffany case makes triumphant comeback!?

Have you guys heard anything from Felix, or James?

#5796 11 months ago

Nice - Now the "Bond...James Bond" Multiball has a "Nixie Tube" style timer

#5797 11 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Above post beat me posting release notes by 5 seconds.

#5798 11 months ago

The game had “instructional speech”?

#5799 11 months ago

Seems like a very minor update - but will take anything!

#5800 11 months ago

Anyone notice any additional Bond speech? I need more Connery, a lot more

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.