IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 312.
#1251 1 year ago

I'm actually not certain how that diverter is supposed to behave...I think though that the electric diverter at the top should open on bond girl loop shots, stay closed on the shot between the ramps (from Russia w/ love).I'd check but I'm currently waiting at a tire shop with an LZ I just picked up on trade, while they check out a flat tire, lol

If ya get a sec, pull the glass, start a game, reach in and trigger that switch or roll a ball over it, see if the diverter goes up to let it orbit. Pretty sure it's supposed to if you shoot that loop.

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My friends all saying way too many vuk shots, my game is ready to be picked up. Any solution to this? I noticed this on reveal that the ball really wants to end up there. Maybe a thicker pad?

Yeah you know I’ve only played three games so far but I’ve noticed this too. The ball rolls into the left VUK all the time. I thought my machine was not level even though I leveled it carefully so I took the glass off and checked again and it’s still level. That’s the only flow I haven’t really liked it does roll in there an awful lot anyone do anything to tweak how that flows?

#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My friends all saying way too many vuk shots, my game is ready to be picked up. Any solution to this? I noticed this on reveal that the ball really wants to end up there. Maybe a thicker pad?

Even with the pad, it does end up in that VUK on the left a LOT. I can't imagine how much worse it would be without the rubber pad. It just is the way it is, though. I don't see any easy way to make it less likely to end up there. That area is the biggest Gomez Gaffe of this table.

#1254 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Does this simply mean that the tapered/rounded end is on the right side on this plug?

Yes, on my EHOH premium and Munsters LE the tapered/rounded end is on the right side of the plug so the correct power cord is the one on the link that I posted for a 'Right Angle' power cord. In order for the left angle power cord to fit the cord would run to the top of the back box.

Gord

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even with the pad, it does end up in that VUK on the left a LOT. I can't imagine how much worse it would be without the rubber pad. It just is the way it is, though. I don't see any easy way to make it less likely to end up there. That area is the biggest Gomez Gaffe of this table.

On my game I am annoyed sometimes it doesn’t go into the VUK enough when I need to get mystery awards or extra ball I sometimes struggle. I am at 7.2 and leveled side to side.

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not having it here yet I can't visualize, but would a much thicker pad help? Maybe would take a direct shot to land in vuk? Or will it block underwater scene?

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not having it here yet I can't visualize, but would a much thicker pad help? Maybe would take a direct shot to land in vuk? Or will it block underwater scene?

My recent LE has the pad and it came with 2 extras. Played a pro on site and seemed like it went in there way more often than without the pad. Seems like a proper amount on the LE. In terms of going for the shot, if you hit the back rubber right it drops right in.

#1258 1 year ago

Question for anyone that’s moved their right out lane post. Is the car over the vuk difficult to remove is it just two screws since it’s not mechanical can you just lift it right up and get access to that post or is it more involved than that?

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What rubber pad? My machine just has that slight lip in the wood playfield. No rubber. Is that an add-on?

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:If you want it, pay what it costs, if you don’t want it, don’t buy it. Simple as pie. None of these are purchases we are forced to make, so do what you want and let the market control prices

Yes , if you want to look your small customer base and look them in the eye and smile as you happily know you are working to not adapt to the market, but forcibly violate them because they haven’t broken yet.

There is zero reason for toppers to be scarce - this is 100% artificial scarcity. These prices are not market driven… they are pushing to find the market tolerance… happy to drive down volumes as part of the scheme.

‘Capitalism’ isn’t inhuman. If you want to operate like a robber baron and say ‘well capitalism!’ You aren’t going to keep a loyal customer base. And as soon as someone gives them a good alternative… they will defect.

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

What rubber pad? My machine just has that slight lip in the wood playfield. No rubber. Is that an add-on?

There should be a black rubber pad on the left playfield rail in the scuba plastic area with the VUK that ejects the ball into the dragon tank target.

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

On my game I am annoyed sometimes it doesn’t go into the VUK enough when I need to get mystery awards or extra ball I sometimes struggle. I am at 7.2 and leveled side to side.

Might be that having it steeper makes the ball fast enough that it reduces side action that lands the ball in that VUK area. Mine's only about 6.7 degrees.

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Question for anyone that’s moved their right out lane post. Is the car over the vuk difficult to remove is it just two screws since it’s not mechanical can you just lift it right up and get access to that post or is it more involved than that?

I moved mine in. Super easy to remove the DB5. Three nuts and it lifts and slides out very easily.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might be that having it steeper makes the ball fast enough that it reduces side action that lands the ball in that VUK area. Mine's only about 6.7 degrees.

I am really liking how it plays around 7.2.

#1265 1 year ago

I am not noticing a high score table/list on my machine? Are high scores not setup yet? Or am I a moron and not seeing it lol

#1266 1 year ago

I am having the same issue. I am assuming it was because of the SD card.

#1267 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Mine was the same way. loosen the 4 screws on the inside of the cabinet for the shooter housing. Adjust to were it needs to be. Tighten the screws back up.

I have the same problem on an LE that I received yesterday. I adjusted it as best as I could, but it seems part of the problem is the cliffy for the VUK sticks out a bit into the shooter lane and the ball sometimes hits it in odd ways.

#1268 1 year ago

Even with the pad, it does end up in that VUK on the left a LOT. I can't imagine how much worse it would be without the rubber pad. It just is the way it is, though. I don't see any easy way to make it less likely to end up there. That area is the biggest Gomez Gaffe of this table.</blockquote
Is there a magnet in there ,Mine acts as if the Ball is being sucked in from the edges ?

#1269 1 year ago

I was tring to tag onto Pinmonk with the magnet question

Quoted from PinMonk:

#1270 1 year ago

Ok so I flashed a new SD card, factory reset my machine. Turned off the machine. Removed the old SD card. Installed the new SD card. Game booted. Reconnected to the WiFi and then, got the same game validation error, update SD card.

Super strange!?

Game does have high scores, won’t record IC scores. And my jet pack multiball doesn’t work properly.

04A58F2F-DBD2-46A4-9FE8-AF7E96F8F96F (resized).jpeg04A58F2F-DBD2-46A4-9FE8-AF7E96F8F96F (resized).jpeg
#1271 1 year ago

Having issues with my drop targets not dropping from direct hits - quite often in fact. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm happy to do the research on Pinside as I'm sure this is covered in detail but if there are any Bond owners with experiencing fixing this, much appreciated.

#1272 1 year ago

My jetpack Bond on a wand isnt picking up the Ball.If a fix for this has been posted please make it a key post .

#1273 1 year ago

Same message

2CF24578-5DA8-4BED-AC15-B6C68F949C8A (resized).jpeg2CF24578-5DA8-4BED-AC15-B6C68F949C8A (resized).jpeg
#1274 1 year ago

This time when I got jet pack multiball. The post did go up. Jet pack bond picked it up. But never dropped on the tank. It just waved around for a minute or so. I hit the action button but it wouldn’t drop? Am I missing something?

#1275 1 year ago

I thought you hit the tank to release the ball

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

This time when I got jet pack multiball. The post did go up. Jet pack bond picked it up. But never dropped on the tank. It just waved around for a minute or so. I hit the action button but it wouldn’t drop? Am I missing something?

I don’t know I noticed the same issue I’ve only had the jet pack pick up the ball once but it moved it over towards the rocket lane lock and stayed there it would not drop the ball when I pushed the action button either. My best guess is there’s a code problem.

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I don’t know I noticed the same issue I’ve only had the jet pack pick up the ball once but it moved it over towards the rocket lane lock and stayed there it would not drop the ball when I pushed the action button either. My best guess is there’s a code problem.

Same here.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

I thought you hit the tank to release the ball

Ok I’ll try that! Thanks!

#1279 1 year ago

Can we take up a collection and get Lior to make a topper for this game?

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Same message
[quoted image]

I’m going to leave my machine on overnight and see if this clears.

As flynnibus stated and Adam at stern just emailed me back and said this:

The validation message is saved on the main CPU, so the error stays until it can clear the error by checking the game code. It can take an hour or longer during attract mode to verify the sector is good. It has to go through and check the game code again.

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Can we take up a collection and get Lior to make a topper for this game?

Better be prepared to wait a while. His GnR topper has been in the works for years now.

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Having issues with my drop targets not dropping from direct hits - quite often in fact. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm happy to do the research on Pinside as I'm sure this is covered in detail but if there are any Bond owners with experiencing fixing this, much appreciated.

Mine had this issue and I saw someone talk about stretching out the springs and that did the trick for me.

#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

I don’t have a JB but I’ve found drop targets not dropping on very hard, direct hits is fairly common on modern sterns, I’ve had this with DP, AIQ and STh. The only thing I’ve found that helps is replacing the springs with different strengths and see what improves it. Sometimes it’s been stronger springs, sometimes weaker

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Is there a magnet in there ,Mine acts as if the Ball is being sucked in from the edges ?

No magnet under there, but that side to side action really makes it gobble up the ball a lot.

There's also a slight ridge where the plastic insert meets the playfield, and that often seems to guide the ball back TOWARDS the VUK instead of away from it.

#1285 1 year ago

We’re watching From Russia with Love tonight.

#1286 1 year ago

So since there’s been multiple posts about the issue does anyone know how the jet pack is supposed to work? Where is it supposed to drop the ball and how does it drop the ball? I had read it was supposed to be dropped by the action button but that definitely isn’t happening at this point I would really like to figure out how to use that.

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So since there’s been multiple posts about the issue does anyone know how the jet pack is supposed to work? Where is it supposed to drop the ball and how does it drop the ball? I had read it was supposed to be dropped by the action button but that definitely isn’t happening at this point I would really like to figure out how to use that.

Yes lets see the video .Probably waiting on code here.

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I don’t have a JB but I’ve found drop targets not dropping on very hard, direct hits is fairly common on modern sterns, I’ve had this with DP, AIQ and STh. The only thing I’ve found that helps is replacing the springs with different strengths and see what improves it. Sometimes it’s been stronger springs, sometimes weaker

Thx all. Will give the springs a shot.

#1289 1 year ago

Where do you get the topper at?

#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Where do you get the topper at?

Is anyone actually selling these on a site yet?

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Ok so I flashed a new SD card, factory reset my machine. Turned off the machine. Removed the old SD card. Installed the new SD card. Game booted. Reconnected to the WiFi and then, got the same game validation error, update SD card.
Super strange!?

There are two SD cards on Spike2 CPU boards with Insider Connected. The second is on the lower side of the CPU board. You might want to try ejecting that Micro SD card and reinserting it. If that doesn't help, you might need a new MicroSD card from Stern. I don't know for sure, but I think that MicroSD contains the game ID for Insider Connected as well as some storage space to cache data. No idea if you can format your own or insert a blank one and have it work. When you do an IC add-on kit, it comes with that MicroSD card. I didn't see an option in the Network configuration to reformat that card.

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah you know I’ve only played three games so far but I’ve noticed this too. The ball rolls into the left VUK all the time. I thought my machine was not level even though I leveled it carefully so I took the glass off and checked again and it’s still level. That’s the only flow I haven’t really liked it does roll in there an awful lot anyone do anything to tweak how that flows?

If the ball is rolling back down from the upper right into the left scoop a lot then check if the one-way gate in the upper right is working properly. There was some info early on in this thread on how to adjust it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/3#post-7285317

#1293 1 year ago

Jetpack multiball folks -- he drops the ball when you hit the gate left of the tank (same shot where you lock balls). Its insert should be blinking orange (the color for jetpack multiball) to indicate that's your next shot.
Once you release the ball, then you have two ball multiball, hit all the orange shots. Once you've hit them all, then hit the left orbit shot one more time for super jackpot.

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Jetpack multiball he drops the ball when you hit the gate left of the tank.
Its insert should be blinking orange (the color for jetpack multiball) to indicate that's your next shot.

What if there was a small LCD screen on the playfield to give valuable instructions like that?
Maybe then you wouldn't even need the LCD in the backbox and could replace it with score reels?

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Is anyone actually selling these on a site yet?

No idea. Thinking about it for my LE…

#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

There are two SD cards on Spike2 CPU boards with Insider Connected. The second is on the lower side of the CPU board. You might want to try ejecting that Micro SD card and reinserting it. If that doesn't help, you might need a new MicroSD card from Stern. I don't know for sure, but I think that MicroSD contains the game ID for Insider Connected as well as some storage space to cache data. No idea if you can format your own or insert a blank one and have it work. When you do an IC add-on kit, it comes with that MicroSD card. I didn't see an option in the Network configuration to reformat that card.

Thanks for the reply. I did re-seat both the micro on the bottom and the main card on top. I was advised by Stern to try a reformatted card with the game code on it. You need a SD card writer, a new card, and to follow these instructions. So if anyone else would like to learn how to do this here is the link.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

It (the validation error) does not clear right away, I had to let the machine sit for a few hours and then it cleared on its own.

#1297 1 year ago

Screenshot_20230107_205028_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230107_205028_Facebook (resized).jpg saw this.

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Better be prepared to wait a while. His GnR topper has been in the works for years now.

Yeah, but it will be done about the same time this code is done, and it will be awesome. Which is much better than we can say right now.

#1299 1 year ago

I’m really enjoying my Pro. I had to replace the flasher bulb for the underwater fight scene plastic by the upper left flipper. When I changed the bulb under the playfield I centered the socket as it was on far right side. This made a big difference lighting up that feature during game play.

#1300 1 year ago

Finally got the call from my distro…Dexter and I patiently await our LE delivery on Tuesday…

ACF69F2E-5FDD-4779-B91B-CAB1D13E0356 (resized).jpegACF69F2E-5FDD-4779-B91B-CAB1D13E0356 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.