IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 312.
#7801 10 months ago

A way to extend the time on some of the Q modes would be nice. some options:

a) a high stakes award "add time"

b) a made shot under 10 of 15s resets timer to 10 or 15s (EHoH style)

c) a way to requalify and replay the Q modes with progress intact.

#7802 10 months ago

Can someone who has received the ball trap fix from stern please post a pic of what they received and installed? I’m assuming it’s to stop the balls from getting stuck on top of the drop targets, which is periodically happening on my game. I may try increasing pitch or figuring something else out, short of contacting stern for their fix. Thx

Also getting some sdtm shots off the dragon target when it exits the diver kick out. Figuring that’s just an adjustment of the target mech.

#7803 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Also getting some sdtm shots off the dragon target when it exits the diver kick out. Figuring that’s just an adjustment of the target mech.

Try adjusting the coil power first, even slight numbers either side of the standard setting make differences i found.

#7804 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

... Knowing that the multiplier and Bond girls are in this release makes me think that they are spending a lot of time balancing everything out scoring wise. I read somewhere that the Bond girls are being added last so they can balance everything out. I wouldn’t doubt that this will be the release that sets this thing into motion as far as cohesion goes.

Do we truly know this?

Regardless, we shall see I guess. The updates will be what they'll be as Stern continues to reveal whatever they have planned for the remaining code.

As far as the Bond girls being added last, you may be thinking of this portion of a previously posted semi-recent Mike Vinikour interview:

<<Mike Vinikour talking about James Bond game code on 4/17/23 Pinball Party podcast in response to comment/question from podcast guest host Cale Hernandez that Bond games at Expo scored much higher and whether Bond is headed back that way?>>

“Oh … cause the scoring was totally broken and … eventually it will get higher than that once we get the multipliers, the playfield multipliers … cause remember like when the Bond women … uh feature gets hooked up, that’s the playfield multiplier and you’ll be able to get 7X playfield going at some point you know. Um … but, the scoring, you know, needs, we have to do … a pass, big time pass of score balancing which we’ll do in the near future once we get the … the rest of the modes in first. Then we’ll balance the scores and then we’ll get the playfield multiplier in there, and then like, you know, obviously with 7X scoring, the scores are going to get big you know. So 800 million will feel small … you know … at some point in the future! I can’t say exactly when.”

#7805 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can someone who has received the ball trap fix from stern please post a pic of what they received and installed? I’m assuming it’s to stop the balls from getting stuck on top of the drop targets, which is periodically happening on my game. I may try increasing pitch or figuring something else out, short of contacting stern for their fix. Thx

The plastic piece on the left goes over the metal above the drop targets. I haven't installed mine yet.
The post in the middle goes between the two wire ramps.
The small foam pad goes on top of the flat metal piece next to the lower pop bumper.

IMG_2044 (resized).jpegIMG_2044 (resized).jpeg

#7806 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Do we truly know this?
Regardless, we shall see I guess. The updates will be what they'll be as Stern continues to reveal whatever they have planned for the remaining code.
As far as the Bond girls being added last, you may be thinking of this portion of a previously posted semi-recent Mike Vinikour interview:
<<Mike Vinikour talking about James Bond game code on 4/17/23 Pinball Party podcast in response to comment/question from podcast guest host Cale Hernandez that Bond games at Expo scored much higher and whether Bond is headed back that way?>>
“Oh … cause the scoring was totally broken and … eventually it will get higher than that once we get the multipliers, the playfield multipliers … cause remember like when the Bond women … uh feature gets hooked up, that’s the playfield multiplier and you’ll be able to get 7X playfield going at some point you know. Um … but, the scoring, you know, needs, we have to do … a pass, big time pass of score balancing which we’ll do in the near future once we get the … the rest of the modes in first. Then we’ll balance the scores and then we’ll get the playfield multiplier in there, and then like, you know, obviously with 7X scoring, the scores are going to get big you know. So 800 million will feel small … you know … at some point in the future! I can’t say exactly when.”

I do know this, Gomez told us on the FB page. He said the multiplier will be added with this release.

#7807 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I do know this, Gomez told us on the FB page. He said the multiplier will be added with this release.

Excellent - "In Gomez we trust"!

Thanks

#7808 10 months ago

Excellent - "In Gomez we trust"!
Thanks

This does bring up a total noob question, if it’s a playfield multiplier and not a bonus multiplier, does that mean literally every point for everything you do will be multiplied? Jetpack multiball *7 could be 350-400 million?

#7809 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

This does bring up a total noob question, if it’s a playfield multiplier and not a bonus multiplier, does that mean literally every point for everything you do will be multiplied? Jetpack multiball *7 could be 350-400 million?

Yes. That’s generally how playfield X works. That’s why I’m hoping things don’t get super stupid and they come up with a “fair and balanced” way to implement it.

My guess is since we are talking risk /reward most people will cash in their playfield X at 2,3,4…while people at home with 5 extra balls will try to get the 7X pop for their mega scores to post here in the thread.

#7810 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

while people at home with 5 extra balls will try to get the 7X pop for their mega scores to post here in the thread.

That’s kind of the reason why people should buy a game for home use…isn’t it? I guess we could spend thousands of dollars and set up our games on tournament settings and see the same few minutes of gameplay over and over…that’s kind of boring IMHO.

#7811 10 months ago

I’m sure jet pack mb will have its scoring reduced before any multipliers are added

Quoted from Rhart51:

#7812 10 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:That’s kind of the reason why people should buy a game for home use…isn’t it? I guess we could spend thousands of dollars and set up our games on tournament settings and see the same few minutes of gameplay over and over…that’s kind of boring IMHO.

Well yeah that was kind of my point.

I doubt you’ll see people trying for 5,6,7 X in tournaments.

But it’ll be something fun for the home crowd.

#7813 10 months ago

ah yeah

#7814 10 months ago

Just released today. I can’t wait for the next code drop!

#7815 10 months ago

Bring on the secret missions!

#7816 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well yeah that was kind of my point.
I doubt you’ll see people trying for 5,6,7 X in tournaments.
But it’ll be something fun for the home crowd.

Definitely an example that will elude many newer Pinsiders, ... but similar to the thrill of going for 6th Gear in Stern Mustang!

#7817 10 months ago

Do we truly know this?

I remember he said this but it kinda got lost in the white noise as for 95% of that interview he just banged on about mortal combat so I lost interest.

#7818 10 months ago

Question to y'all as you are actually fans of this game. I am going to add a machine and it was going to be this one (pro), but an Iron Maiden (pro) popped up. For those who've owned both, should I go Maiden, or jump in on this? I've played both, like both. Whatcha think?

#7819 10 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Question to y'all as you are actually fans of this game. I am going to add a machine and it was going to be this one (pro), but an Iron Maiden (pro) popped up. For those who've owned both, should I go Maiden, or jump in on this? I've played both, like both. Whatcha think?

Get Both!!!

#7820 10 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Get the Iron Maiden Pro, trade it for a Bond Pro with cash your way in a year.

Had an Iron Maiden pro on a temporary trade and a premium Bond now. Have a Bond now. As it sits today Iron Maiden is a MUCH better game than Bond. Don't get me wrong I like Bond, but Iron Maiden is a better shooting, better coded game. Iron Maiden's "Art" is better (although I hate the material) but Bond has better sound design. You are building toward things in Iron Maiden but not in Bond right now.

You could easily have both over the course of the next year if you buy Iron Maiden now and then trade it for a Bond (likely with cash your way) in 6 months or a year.

This is coming from someone in their 30s who was the Connery Bond movies as a kid and liked them and never heard Iron Maiden before playing the pinball machine. Unless the anti-religious iconography of Iron Maiden is a deal breaker, thats the better game.

#7821 10 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Get the Iron Maiden Pro, trade it for a Bond Pro with cash your way in a year.
Had an Iron Maiden pro on a temporary trade and a premium Bond now. Have a Bond now. As it sits today Iron Maiden is a MUCH better game than Bond. Don't get me wrong I like Bond, but Iron Maiden is a better shooting, better coded game. Iron Maiden's "Art" is better (although I hate the material) but Bond has better sound design. You are building toward things in Iron Maiden but not in Bond right now.
You could easily have both over the course of the next year if you buy Iron Maiden now and then trade it for a Bond (likely with cash your way) in 6 months or a year.
This is coming from someone in their 30s who was the Connery Bond movies as a kid and liked them and never heard Iron Maiden before playing the pinball machine. Unless the anti-religious iconography of Iron Maiden is a deal breaker, thats the better game.

Love my Bond, getting the most play of my modern stuff lately. He's right though, Maiden is the better game. It'd be top 5 easy if it had a different theme. Pretty easy to move, and Bond will be easy to pickup at a discount for at least another year.

Music is way better on bond though

#7822 10 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I own both, Bond is not as good as Maiden yet, but for overall potential, Bond is the clear winner.

Once code is done (probably sept-dec) Bond will get more plays from you than Maiden. If you are worried about appreciation, Bond will be the clear winner in my opinion. Once it comes off the line for good,Bond with finished code will be more desirable.

Bond will be more of a gamble, but I really believe Gomez is going to make it right. You’d be hard pressed to find a machine that he’s made that ended up being bad, most have become legendary.

#7823 10 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Love my Bond, getting the most play of my modern stuff lately. He's right though, Maiden is the better game. It'd be top 5 easy if it had a different theme. Pretty easy to move, and Bond will be easy to pickup at a discount for at least another year.
Music is way better on bond though

Amen on the music. The reason I don't have and will never have Iron Maiden in my collection.

#7824 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Amen on the music. The reason I don't have and will never have Iron Maiden in my collection.

You can swap out the music or get a download already done. Early on there was an Iron Maiden patch with all Bee Gees music. Basically anything would be better than listening to Iron Maiden. I do hope to get the game some day and music swap will be a day one mod.

#7825 10 months ago

This is great! Thanks for sharing. Now if we could just get the background music they used.

#7826 10 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

if you like both, go for Maiden now, simply because its complete/finish
and you should swap/sell it easy for a Bond later...

#7827 10 months ago

That’s a first for me

2774622C-BD74-4C4B-A3D2-B3826672CAEA (resized).jpeg2774622C-BD74-4C4B-A3D2-B3826672CAEA (resized).jpeg
#7828 10 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

That’s a first for me
[quoted image]

That's happened once for me as well. Was a very opportune time as I had to use the restroom and needed another beer.

#7829 10 months ago

Hoping someone can help me out, just purchased a pindefender shooting lane guard for 007. After install I get an error code 22 and the back gate won’t open for skill shot. In the FAQ on pindefender says “adjust your shooter lane switch since the Pindefender raises the ball up slightly”

Unsure how to do this, any help appreciated

#7830 10 months ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

Hoping someone can help me out, just purchased a pindefender shooting lane guard for 007. After install I get an error code 22 and the back gate won’t open for skill shot. In the FAQ on pindefender says “adjust your shooter lane switch since the Pindefender raises the ball up slightly”

Remove the dumb pin defender that you do not need in your life.

Problem solved.

#7831 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Problem solved.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Problem solved.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Problem solved.

Unreal! That worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Should have posted on here asking opinions before purchasing the plastic covering for my couch

#7832 10 months ago

Hey @pindefender I looked at the following video on how to adjust the switch... This should be what you are looking for.

#7833 10 months ago
Quoted from toofast:

Hey @pindefender I looked at the following video on how to adjust the switch... This should be what you are looking for.

Sorry, I meant to quote you as minutestomidnigh (autofill got me)

#7834 10 months ago

Thanks for the feedback!

#7835 10 months ago
Quoted from toofast:

I mean the passive aggressive comments before we’re great, this is even better! Thank you

#7836 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Problem solved.

Hey Levi. Table.

#7837 10 months ago

I mean the passive aggressive comments before we’re great, this is even better! Thank you

Quoted from dapperdan24:

Thanks for the feedback!

No problem.
Glad to help. Usually, I'm the one asking for info!

#7838 10 months ago

Unreal! That worked like a charm! Thanks!!
Should have posted on here asking opinions before purchasing the plastic covering for my couch

If you are ok with your shooter lane looking like shit after a few thousand plays.. All good.

#7839 10 months ago

I just thought of a great product, even more effective than pindefenders! It covers shooter lanes, dimples, scuff marks, literally everything.

Too good to be true you say??

Simply use my (patent pending) PinScissors on your Stern pinball machine’s power cable, and viola! Flawless condition forever!
7EF1155A-5C1A-4D97-BE46-081A60047603 (resized).jpeg7EF1155A-5C1A-4D97-BE46-081A60047603 (resized).jpeg

#7840 10 months ago

Haha what a thread, asked for some help (thanks again @toofast) and now people are very passionate one way or the other on if I install pindefenders. Well I did, looks pretty cool even has the 007 on it and matches up with the black leaving the shooting lane. If I find it isn’t working as should easy to remove (but after the helpful video and a few plays works great!) put one on my BM66 too.

Time for some new code so people around here chill out lol

IMG_8748 (resized).jpegIMG_8748 (resized).jpegIMG_8749 (resized).jpegIMG_8749 (resized).jpeg
#7841 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you are ok with your shooter lane looking like shit after a few thousand plays.. All good.

Not ok. I have the “dumb pin defender” on my Bond pin too. Works great.

Whether it’s that or another protector like self adhesive felt etc, gotta do something if you are gonna play it a few thousand plays and hope to sell it down the road.

Yeah, it matters, a lot.

#7842 10 months ago

Woo hoo my LE is here! I know technically I should be having a Martini, but I prefer scotch.

20230604_162447 (resized).jpg20230604_162447 (resized).jpg
#7843 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Woo hoo my LE is here! I know technically I should be having a Martini, but I prefer scotch.
[quoted image]

Awesome and very nice lineup! Enjoy the scotch!

#7844 10 months ago

Haha what a thread, asked for some help (thanks again toofast) and now people are very passionate one way or the other on if I install pindefenders. Well I did, looks pretty cool even has the 007 on it and matches up with the black leaving the shooting lane. If I find it isn’t working as should easy to remove (but after the helpful video and a few plays works great!) put one on my BM66 too.
Time for some new code so people around here chill out lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t worry about it, that’s just crazy Levi’s opinion. He never really brings anything of real substance to the table, he’s always criticizing everyone with his macho approach to everything.

I don’t see anything wrong with trying to protect a 7-15k dollar investment. Would it irritate you if someone put weathertek floor protectors on a new car? Of course not. I mean Cliffy is out straight right? Obviously you aren’t the only one who wants to keep your game in good shape for years to come.

It’s funny though, he does make me laugh. He calls himself crazy for a reason

#7845 10 months ago

I didn't see Lonnie in the video? He must have had the day off... or was out getting some Subway again.

#7846 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Try adjusting the coil power first, even slight numbers either side of the standard setting make differences i found.

Thanks to both of you. Sdtm off the target was fixed by turning the coil power down to 15 from stock 16. I tried 14, but it was too weak to hit the target.

Quoted from Grantman:

The plastic piece on the left goes over the metal above the drop targets. I haven't installed mine yet.
The post in the middle goes between the two wire ramps.
The small foam pad goes on top of the flat metal piece next to the lower pop bumper.
[quoted image]

I was able to fix the ball hang up on the targets by tightening the screws on the mech underneath (circled in pic). Those are leveling screws. My targets, mainly the middle target, was not sitting flush with the playfield, causing the ball to get stuck. If your ball gets stuck on the targets, make sure they are flush with the playfield. If they aren’t adjust as needed.

IMG_0269 (resized).jpegIMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
#7847 10 months ago

I installed a Pindefender on this game, and yes, it protected the shooter lane. But it created about 60% bad ball launches, tried to adjust it several ways but got the same result. Pindefender was permanently removed, and most likely won't try it on any other pins.

#7848 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sdtm off the target was fixed by turning the coil power down to 15 from stock 16. I tried 14, but it was too weak to hit the target.

Good to hear it sorted it for you On my machine i was getting a hit off the target and straight back into the eject hole which became a bit too monotonous, so i went up to 17. For a while it was actually ejecting it up the middle lane into the ball lock which was quite helpful sometimes I might have to back it off again cause just when i need to get the ball in the bloody eject hole for power pack mode i CAN'T shoot the fkn hole when i want too LOL

#7849 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

I installed a Pindefender on this game, and yes, it protected the shooter lane. But it created about 60% bad ball launches, tried to adjust it several ways but got the same result. Pindefender was permanently removed, and most likely won't try it on any other pins.

Yeah I only install Cliffy shooter lane protectors on my games. 0 issues after installing them in about 10 games.

#7850 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Pindefender?

More like pin offender!!! Am I right fellas?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 15,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.