IMG_3056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0143.jpeg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240301_065130_Stern IC (resized).jpg
Bond leaderboard 20240304 (resized).jpg
20240301_172503 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 299.
#1 1 year ago

https://sternpinball.com/game/james-bond-007/
Which version do you own?
F24DD2F7-3BCA-476A-94B7-3A35FBACAD88 (resized).jpegF24DD2F7-3BCA-476A-94B7-3A35FBACAD88 (resized).jpeg

3C3F9779-A259-469A-967D-B08C401A2266 (resized).jpeg3C3F9779-A259-469A-967D-B08C401A2266 (resized).jpeg53996FE0-BFFA-4380-A89C-3773BC734A3D (resized).jpeg53996FE0-BFFA-4380-A89C-3773BC734A3D (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

This is the New approved thread for James Bond owners. Other was deleted. Post here.

#3 1 year ago

I'm waiting for my Pro. Been willing for this theme to come to life for years. It's gonna be awesome.

#4 1 year ago

I'm in on a Premium. Played the Pro several times. Looking forward to it.

#5 1 year ago

I've got a Premium on order and should be in the first run per Zach. Very excited for it, I got to play both Pro and Premium for hours at Pincinnati and I really am happy with the game.
Question:
The Premium has Bond on a Wand that carries the ball around with a magnet I'm probably gonna do again the less shiny balls from Ball Baron that don't magnetize as easily.
I imagine this is similar to the JP Premium with the T-Rex eating the ball with the help of a magnet. I really don't want to magnetize the trough. Has anybody had problems with the Chrome Ball Baron Ninja balls and magnets? I'm about to order a batch and wanted to see what people think for the Premium JB, if I should keep going with the Carbon ones instead of the Chrome ones.

#6 1 year ago

Waiting for a first batch premium, hoping this month!

#7 1 year ago

I’m in on a Premium too. My distributor told me they’re supposed to start shipping the Premiums in January. I was hoping for a pre-Christmas arrival, but no biggie. I’m psyched for this game.

#8 1 year ago

In case anyone is interested old thread was deleted due to owner not following rules. I manage the Godzilla thread. This is a safe space now. Approved by owner of pinside.

#9 1 year ago

Waiting for an LE

#10 1 year ago

Does this mean I can get my LE faster somehow..........

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

In case anyone is interested old thread was deleted due to owner not following rules. I manage the Godzilla thread. This is a safe space now. Approved by owner of pinside.

But do you have a James Bond? Thought that was the requirement for opening a club.
Here's mine...

BA7A452E-6300-4257-8D0B-389EF27C0478 (resized).jpegBA7A452E-6300-4257-8D0B-389EF27C0478 (resized).jpeg
#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

But do you have a James Bond? Thought that was the requirement for opening a club.
Here's mine...[quoted image]

Yes have an LE

#13 1 year ago

Initial thoughts on machine in late Nov.

REPOSTED

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Picked up my bond pro for location a few days ago and I think I have enough time on it to give a few impressions for anyone that cares.
Visual/art-
Game looks better than in pictures and has a very fluid style that isn't disrupted from the cab to the playfield, it flows very well. They kept the same 60's style and color pallet from the original bond films and did a great job. Those that say this looks like photoshop era stern are way off. It may be clip art but there was direction and most importantly the colors flow very well. This is not early 2000's stern here. The yellow cab looks great and is bold in a subtle way if that makes sense.

Layout

This is where it gets good. THIS GAME HAS FLOW and it shoots VERY well. I am a Gomez fan and this layout doesn't disappoint. His willingness to try a different layout does not disappoint here. This feels unique but not clunky, DP players will like bond and it has "it" when you are making shots. I've noted through the years that his games have a certain easy to pick up and hard to master feeling, usually long playing for a decent player and bond is no different. I still route a sopranos for this same reason, casuals and decent players like it and bond will be no different. For my operators out there, this game will do VERY well on route, at least that's my opinion based on my past and its like, my opinion man!
Left ramp waayyy in the back feeding the left flipper into the right ramp to the horseshoe around the rocket to upper flip side ramp is a VERY satisfying combo! Whew that typed out long but man it shoots well. Hybrid pyramid type ramp reminds me of corvette or Baywatch and works well here. The drops in front of the rocket surprising work very well and there are a few different ways of feeding the upper flipper which is always a huge bonus in a 3 flipper game. Shots are tight but again it feels like a Gomez game and that's a good thing, once you get a feeling for them they aren't impossible and the reward for practice feels great. I'm having some issues with the game registering ball locks on the mini loop but it appears to be a code problem as the switches are fine. Code, ahh we will get to that...Back to the fun, and it really does feel like a refreshing layout. The scoop under the DB7 is just hard enough to hit but not constantly in the way slowing down the flow. It's my one complaint sometimes in a Borg layout and even going back to adams family, but I digress. The kicker to the wireworm from the car is great and makes a good feed to the right. Really great to see the up post in the insane holding a ball before a mode. Keith has been rocking this mech with great success and its nice to see a different designer implement it. The layout looks simple but packs a punch, and I know this is somewhat subjective but I believe this will go down as another home run from stern.

Sound/music

What can I say here, the Bond theme is ALL TIME awesome so let's get that out of the way. Yes at this time its used too much but I anticipate that changing in the future. The songs tied the villains really sound great and puts you in the movie for a brief time. The music feels period correct and that is important in a game like this to keep you in the world. Really love the mellow music in Mr Wint and Mr Kidd. The callouts have a bit to be desired, I really hope there is more to come here. The announcer is perfect however the clips and sounds from the movies are....odd. One that really is misplaced would be the ring mode for Q. People playing the mode all agreed that listening to a women complain to Q about nonsense while you play a mode is just weird. I know some of the sound effects are scheduled to change so I don't think its worth it to grind on what we have so far, but realize the sound, like the code is very basic.

Code

It's basic, as in just enough to be called a pinball machine basic. Modes do in fact stack and this is only brought up as it took us many games to realize this as the insert LEDs really don't alternate colors yet to give the player info. I'm still not sure how multipliers work or the how important the specter weapons are. Honestly there are many questions, too many to list and at this point I put faith that stern will make this complete. It ABSOLUTELY has the bones of a masterpiece and the code will be the key to get there. Those of us that remember ST, DP, and JP when they came out you will have similar vibes here. With the team in place and using the past as any example this one will go down as great.
Final thoughts-
Love it so far. Code is basic as it gets and hopefully improves soon. The layout and theme integration are TOP NOTCH. For those of us dedicated silver ball chronicles listeners :wink:we know that Gomez is a HUGE Bond fan and I truly believe he won't let this one rot away in basic code purgatory. Have faith people! This game is a blast to play and will hopefully earn well. It's sometimes a hard balance to strike but I have a good feeling that Bond will crush it.

#15 1 year ago

Has anyone dealt with the eject seat ball going to the outlane? I've adjusted the habitrail but can't get it 100%. Some modder please make a nice looking cover to force the ball to the inlane or the shooter. My mock ups look like crap.

#16 1 year ago

So, how much did MaxMillion make selling this thread?

#17 1 year ago

Thanks for the new Club. Premium

#18 1 year ago

Has anyone dealt with the eject seat ball going to the outlane? I've adjusted the habitrail but can't get it 100%. Some modder please make a nice looking cover to force the ball to the inlane or the shooter. My mock ups look like crap.

No issues here. I dropped the power a bit just because it was so forceful. I’m sure you have messed with the VUK power already though.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

No issues here. I dropped the power a bit just because it was so forceful. I’m sure you have messed with the VUK power already though.

No haven't touched that yet, was dealing with the habitrail as all balls were going out at the beginning. What did you set it to?

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Premium on order. Can't wait.
Thanks for the new thread @beltking
GZ thread is excellent btw.

Flip on

#21 1 year ago

No haven't touched that yet, was dealing with the habitrail as all balls were going out at the beginning. What did you set it to?

I’ll check this weekend, but I think I dropped it like 10 down from the factory number.

#22 1 year ago

LE by Christmas.Fingers crossed.

#23 1 year ago

Refinery Edition Premium on order.

Looking forward to playing Bond at home and making it look even better by the time I finish customizing/upgrading it!

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Refinery Edition Premium on order.
Looking forward to playing Bond at home and it's gonna look superb by the time I finish customizing/upgrading it!

Refinery editions are awesome,I have a Deadpool and have had a Met.

#25 1 year ago

I've heard only 4-5 people actually got pro's that were not operators. Me being one of them,. Pros won't be available for public purchase I think probably till February or later. Enjoying our Dr. Meow edition so far, I do think it was a mistake to even allow launch parties to be scheduled with such a week week code. None of the bond women scoring works yet, only 2 villian modes , etc. For us the inner loop shot off upper flipper is not easy . We don't hate it though.

PXL_20221205_023657882 (resized).jpgPXL_20221205_023657882 (resized).jpg
#26 1 year ago

LE coming thru Zach

#27 1 year ago

Just a heads up OP that this is currently categorized as a "Stern" thread (red bubble with STN) and not a "Club" thread (purple bubble with CLB). Could make it hard for people to find the thread if they're filtering for clubs.

#28 1 year ago

Waiting for an LE and appreciate the new thread. I’m still excited to get my first NIB pin since LOTR.
I managed to get one of the 100 Insider-Access member release pins that dropped on Stern’s site 9/22. I received my order confirmation/full payment receipt email literally 7 seconds after drop time. Haven’t heard anything since, hoping to hear soon.
I am trying to imagine it like the Domino’s pizza tracker to know where I am in the process. Order placed - prep - in the oven (on the line/serial #) - boxing - shipped/on its way. Maybe that’s why I get hungry lately playing pinball.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just a heads up OP that this is currently categorized as a "Stern" thread (red bubble with STN) and not a "Club" thread (purple bubble with CLB). Could make it hard for people to find the thread if they're filtering for clubs.

Fitting that the Club Launch has been as messed up as the Machine Launch - 2 non owner OPs and in the wrong forum.

#30 1 year ago

Fitting that the Club Launch has been as messed up as the Machine Launch - 2 non owner OPs and in the wrong forum.

For I dunno, say $250, I'll open a THIRD club thread, but in the correct category.

#31 1 year ago

BTW LEs starting shipping today per Tilt and a lot more next week. Just in time for Xmas!

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

For I dunno, say $250, I'll open a THIRD club thread, but in the correct category.

How about $2.50

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

BTW LEs starting shipping today per Tilt and a lot more next week. Just in time for Xmas!

Nice to hear. I ordered direct through Stern, and was actually hopping theirs would be later in the run for a couple reasons - sounds like that's the case. Hopefully soon though, I played a bunch at Pincinatti and am stoked for my LE to get here.

#34 1 year ago

Why is everything with this game such a shit show.

Anyways, anyone having issues with the ball locks registering? Mainly on the bird one but sometimes even with the jet pack?

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Anyways, anyone having issues with the ball locks registering? Mainly on the bird one but sometimes even with the jet pack?

No, but the ball has to go all the way around the bird or all the way up the ramp to register.

Maybe the far left switch needs adjustment since its involved in both?

#36 1 year ago

I just noticed something interesting! The side art of the left side of the machine shows "Little Nellie" autogyro being attacked by Brantly B2B helicopters. This is totally incorrect. The B2B was used by Osato in You Only Live Twice when he landed at his business and in search for Bond a Pussy Galore in Goldfinger. The B2B was never used in any attack scenes. It was the Bell 47 that was used. I wonder if they couldn't get right for the Bell 47??

#37 1 year ago

No, but the ball has to go all the way around the bird or all the way up the ramp to register.
Maybe the far left switch needs adjustment since its involved in both?

I’ll have to mess with it. I did a switch test last night and everything was registering. I’m wondering if it s a timing thing? If so code could help with that

#38 1 year ago

Just want to make certain everybody knows what I'm getting.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#39 1 year ago

Anyone have an easy way to adjust the outlane post under the car on the right side. Tried loosening the coloured plastic to remove the car, but no luck. Manual makes it look like the whole VUK above and below the playfield needs to come out to move it.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I just noticed something interesting! The side art of the left side of the machine shows "Little Nellie" autogyro being attacked by Brantly B2B helicopters. This is totally incorrect. The B2B was used by Osato in You Only Live Twice when he landed at his business and in search for Bond a Pussy Galore in Goldfinger. The B2B was never used in any attack scenes. It was the Bell 47 that was used. I wonder if they couldn't get right for the Bell 47??

We've been told by George that the art was same as on used on the orignal posters, just resized and re-laid out by Kevin O'Connor for Stern's use.

So I suspect that the original art from theatrical posters had the wrong helicopters and it wasn't a Stern error or rights issue.

Poster art the features stuff that doesn't happen in the movie seems to be pretty common especially for older films. The poster had to convince you to buy a ticket so they would sometimes exaggerate the art to make things more exciting than they were.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Need an option for “trying to decide”.

I wanted an LE after the reveal. My wife isn’t a big fan of the theme and almost killed me when I told her the LE cost, but she enjoyed playing the game. This seems to be a harder choice between Pro and Premium and what’s even harder is deciding which existing game would go to make room.

Thanks for rescuing the thread.

#42 1 year ago

Got my pro fun layout very fast game play. Code is super early, but has potential.

20221204_231734 (resized).jpg20221204_231734 (resized).jpg
#43 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Need an option for “trying to decide”.
I wanted an LE after the reveal. My wife isn’t a big fan of the theme and almost killed me when I told her the LE cost, but she enjoyed playing the game. This seems to be a harder choice between Pro and Premium and what’s even harder is deciding which existing game would go to make room.
Thanks for rescuing the thread.

Really hard to tell if the Prem is worth it over the Pro until we see what kind of things they do with Bond on the wand. Could be really cool or very meh.

Many people seem to be okay with virtual ball locks vs the physical for Bird 1 so thats not a huge difference for most.

The other main diff with Prem is the inclusion of the divers under the window. George said those would be avail for purchase separately so that difference from the Pro is neglible.

#44 1 year ago

The game is a great shooter, but it isn't drainy enough for me so I will fix that. It will be the code though that will determine if this is a make a break title. The nice thing is that it shoots really well, a ton of flow so if they don't screw up the code the game should be fantastic.

#45 1 year ago

3-piece powder coated metal silhouette topper is ready for orders in my Pinside Shop. $125 without the RGB color changing lighting (available at Mezelmods for $35).

These are made to order, so takes about two weeks before shipping.

20221209_104159 (resized).png20221209_104159 (resized).png20221209_114846 (resized).png20221209_114846 (resized).pngJames Bond Topper Close Up (resized).jpgJames Bond Topper Close Up (resized).jpg
#46 1 year ago

So who has the Bond pro sitting in the front window of an empty Resturant in Gladwin MI? I was driving to midland from Gladwin, my in laws live there and own the Chinese Resturant downtown, and I saw a Dr No setup and people playing it. This was about an hour before the Christmas parade.

#47 1 year ago

Topper looks cool!

#48 1 year ago

Modfather pin cup eagerly awaiting installation.

IMG_6956 (resized).JPGIMG_6956 (resized).JPG
#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Its_me_aj

I did initially. It was the two screws that hold the switch for the spinner going into the lock shot. They were both loose from the factory. Once tightened up it works fine now.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Modfather pin cup eagerly awaiting installation.
[quoted image]

Good choice I have the same one on the way for the LE!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS
(Alt) Translites
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground
Plastics
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.