IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 314.
#5054 1 year ago

Really mature Pinside comment there thanks. I lost interest while waiting for my LE. No point in having a $A20K game sitting in a collection just for the theme.

#5060 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think rocket city may do something similar for a fraction of the cost.

That's the plan, contingent on my buddy at the machine shop.

#5061 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mike V and Lonnie on STH.
Demanding great code, not “fair”

STH was good. Thought it took so much time. I hope JB is good as well. I had STH from the start and it was fair and got good.

This JB is starting bad. My hope at the most expensive cornerstone that it is given the love it deserves.

I do know I’m never buying another game coded by Lonnie if this one falls like the last few he did.

#5062 1 year ago

"Added a new Moby tune which is heard during "Bond...James Bond" Multiball."

LOLing at the Bond music purists. Even I decided not to put this song on my custom code.

#5063 1 year ago

Not cool and a ban likely coming. You speak of negativity, though what do you call name calling? Is that a civil discussion?

People influence people. You want less negativity, bring the positive and see others side of things.

#5064 1 year ago

It’s super irritating that Bond takes a decent step in the right direction and we still get a slew of negativity. Unreal to me honestly.

#5066 1 year ago

Flash71 Jamesays seriously

6eb9e15bc43ddc12eedf09a2f36d5d1e--affleck-batman-ben-affleck (resized).jpg6eb9e15bc43ddc12eedf09a2f36d5d1e--affleck-batman-ben-affleck (resized).jpg
#5067 1 year ago

is now the time for me to jump in on a NIB pro at a significant discount?

#5068 1 year ago

Yes do it now. You won’t regret it. Hell buy an LE. You’ll be very happy down the road.

#5069 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

Likely if you can get a good deal on one. Likely two months for another update based on timeline, and FF is going to be the popular game IMO. People are saying code is good and the game looks fantastic. I’m super excited for it.

Jack Danger with Tanio on code.

#5070 1 year ago

Humm I’m not sure but I’m picking up on some drunk pinsiding? Wth is going on? We got an update and then go into a bar fight? Lmao I can’t wait for TPF hahahahaahaha

39A42F81-2033-467F-AF18-1057FF4E93F5 (resized).jpeg39A42F81-2033-467F-AF18-1057FF4E93F5 (resized).jpeg
#5071 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

Used for even more of a discount. It's a super fun shooting game that will take time getting the code to come close to what the game play offers. I bought mine dirt cheap two days before code .87 drop. So I'm along for the ride without any misgivings that I can understand if someone was a day one buyer.

#5072 1 year ago

They do anything else with wand bond yet?

#5073 1 year ago

I ask a question and it gets lost in the rapid fire insults being hurled around…. Can anyone enlighten me what “updating node board runtime” means and why it seemed to happen post update power cycle? Thanks!

#5074 1 year ago

Downloading the new image now and looking forward to checking this out too:

- Added 4 new main play tunes that alternate playing after modes/multiballs are finished.
- Added logic to alternate main play music every ball.

Sounds like finally the music is being livened up to match the pinball experience.

#5075 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

I ask a question and it gets lost in the rapid fire insults being hurled around…. Can anyone enlighten me what “updating node board runtime” means and why it seemed to happen post update power cycle? Thanks!

This is probably what you are referring too

8CADCE77-3106-47A3-B5B5-95661EC4E908 (resized).jpeg8CADCE77-3106-47A3-B5B5-95661EC4E908 (resized).jpeg
#5076 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Really mature Pinside comment there thanks. I lost interest while waiting for my LE. No point in having a $A20K game sitting in a collection just for the theme.

Mature is knowing when to read the room. This is the owners thread, and no one gives a shit why you chose not to own the game.

#5077 1 year ago

Just played the mini wizard. Pretty achievable and the change in music is great. I’ve loved this pin since day one and it gets better with each update. Anybody on the fence pick up one at these discounted prices. LEs will never be this cheap again.

#5078 1 year ago

I applaud Stern and encourage more covers and remixes in the future.

#5079 1 year ago

I guess a “forum” is agreeing to disagree but man it’s really frustrating to hear the same people bashing this game over and over without having a clue of what goes on behind the scenes at Stern as far as designing and coding a game. It can’t be easy dealing with licensing issues and having to redo something that was abandoned by Ritchie and started over from scratch in a short period of time.George is a bonafide design legend. Let’s cut him a little slack please.

#5080 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Mature is knowing when to read the room. This is the owners thread, and no one gives a shit why you chose not to own the game.

Bravo!!

#5081 1 year ago

Yesterday I added this version of A View to a Kill as the game over music. Hoping Stern can get a cover/remix of it for a future update.

#5082 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I guess a “forum” is agreeing to disagree but man it’s really frustrating to hear the same people bashing this game over and over without having a clue of what goes on behind the scenes at Stern as far as designing and coding a game. It can’t be easy dealing with licensing issues and having to redo something that was abandoned by Ritchie and started over from scratch in a short period of time.George is a bonafide design legend. Let’s cut him a little slack please.

You cant get along without trouble in every thread You are part of .You are Holier than none.

#5083 1 year ago

I don't care, but looking back, if Stern could've swip swapped the Bond release with the Foo release then they would've been golden.

A Moby remix of the Bond theme, was which a smash hit on the soundtrack of the 1997 movie starring an actor other than Connery, would've set the tone that this was a Bond theme to be reckoned with. Not stuck in the boring assed Dr. No and From Russia With Love movie soundtracks.

Shoots better than Deadpool.

#5084 1 year ago

The new code is fine. The PF multipliers still don't work. The gadgets are meaningless. The scoring is imbalanced. The basic rules are Ropp-ish. I'm a sad panda. I don't give a rat's ass about the IP assets or approvals. Will someone fix this excellent design with some halfway decent code, please?

#5085 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:Yesterday I added this version of A View to a Kill as the game over music. Hoping Stern can get a cover/remix of it for a future update.

Of all the Bond music in the franchise that is my all time favorite and I fucking hope they don’t put it in this game.

#5086 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Of all the Bond music in the franchise that is my all time favorite and I fucking hope they don’t put it in this game.

Well, that's where Pinball Browser comes in.

BTW, currently does not work with .88 code and PB Browser will need to be updated.

#5087 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It gets stuck in my head as game over music. Way better than hearing the Bond theme AGAIN for 50 seconds after just playing the game.

Should be an option to disable/shorten the game over music.

#5088 1 year ago

Updated. Played.

Wow. The music changes are significant. As a Bond aficionado the mix of modern sounds with a classic theme is slightly irritating. Maybe they can't clear the other John Barry material yet? Hearing something other than the Bond Theme on repeat is a welcome change.

Jetpack Multiball is WAY easier to start. Hurry up got a point boost and the wand actually does something now. You start the two ball then shoot back up the left orbit and he goes and pick up that ball and starts moving back and forth then you time your shot to hit the front of the tank while he's over it to release and hit the top target then it's a super jackpot with an add-a-ball. Pretty cool. Nothing with flipper control or action button functionality that I've found so far.

Combo points are in! Finally. Yay!

The Bond, James Bond mode is fun. Finally something beyond starting and competing modes to go for. Hearing Pierce Brosnan's voice start it off though was again, jarring. 70 seconds of two ball action to the Moby (or could be David Arnold...) Bond Theme remix. Then it ends. Balls drain. And it starts you back up with a single ball to continue your game. I didn't complete it but I noticed when you hit the lit shots it showed different movie posters on the screen and different character voices from the films said 'James Bond' when you hit them.

#5089 1 year ago

2 things I've summed up from this update:

Its a TPF crowd pleaser update... with that mini wizard mode taking precedent over some main features plus some needed fixes.

The bond James bond mini wizard is basically cherry bomb multiball... well exactly by the sounds of it.... Ropp the Flop strikes again.

Ohhh and 3... Same old Lonnie shit, I mean the high score initials screen is the same from bloody aerosmith. This is piss poor even for the lonster!!

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:It gets stuck in my head as game over music. Way better than hearing the Bond theme AGAIN for 50 seconds after just playing the game.
Should be an option to disable/shorten the game over music.

It’s no doubt a great song and would be awesome in the 60th.

Thunderball would be a cool game over song, not sure if you tried it. Tom Jones, great voice.

#5091 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

They do anything else with wand bond yet?

Yes! Read the release notes:

- Added new rules to Jetpack Multiball. Upon starting Jetpack Multiball shoot the lit Center Lane
to release the ball, collect a Jackpot, and light all of the arrow shots for a Jackpot. Collect 5
Jackpots to light the left orbit for a Double Jackpot. Upon collecting a Double Jackpot the Jetpack
picks up the ball and moves it back and forth across the playfield. Shoot the playfield tank
target to release the ball. If the released ball hits the tank hood target a Super Jackpot award
is given along with lighting all of the arrow shots for a Jackpot. If the released ball fails to
hit the tank hood target the left orbit shot is re-lit for a "Reload" award. Shoot the left orbit to
"reload" the Jetpack and take another try at collecting a Super Jackpot. Once a Super Jackpot has
been collected shoot the left orbit for a Double Jackpot. Upon collecting a Double Jackpot the
Jetpack picks up the ball and is allowed to be be moved under play control, i.e press the left/right
flipper buttons to move the Jetpack left/right. Try to position the ball over the tank hood target.
As before, hit the playfield tank target to release the ball and collect a Super Jackpot at the tank
hood target.

#5092 1 year ago

Does the right orbit do anything yet?

#5093 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Does the right orbit do anything yet?

I think once you've lit all the red inserts solid it open the gate? Not sure though. Just play arosmith guardians, or sth and you'll work out what the orbit on this shot will end up doing.

Can someone make a "Ropp the Flop" shirt.... and send him one for free.

#5094 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s no doubt a great song and would be awesome in the 60th.
Thunderball would be a cool game over song, not sure if you tried it. Tom Jones, great voice.

I am vaguely aware of it and will re-visit for sure. I personally prefer adding instrumental tracks or main instrumental sections of a song, instead of hearing song lyrics. Often they clash with callouts and I am just looking to get upbeat and recognizable music to replace the staid, very low-effort, early 60s centric jazz tracks that do not equate to hurry-ups and mode progression.

So Stern is heading in my direction, which is nice.

#5095 1 year ago

In know PB isn’t working with .88 yet but this could be great.

We now have each ball coded with its own song. If they are 3 seperate files they can become whatever we want via pinball browser.

007 theme ball 1
Goldfinger ball 2
Thunderball ball 3

Game over likely changed too since original theme split off to allow ball 2 and 3 and not a repeat.

#5096 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think once you've lit all the red inserts solid it open the gate? Not sure though.

Now that is interesting...can someone confirm? I would try it but I'm out on travel.

#5097 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

In know PB isn’t working with .88 yet but this could be great.
We now have each ball coded with its own song. If they are 3 seperate files they can become whatever we want via pinball browser.
007 theme ball 1
Goldfinger ball 2
Thunderball ball 3
Game over likely changed too since original theme split off to allow ball 2 and 3 and not a repeat.

That's what I look forward to....the possible split of the tracks to be individually edited.

Well...ultimately look forward to code 1.16 where Stern has us ALL satisfied.

#5098 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Now that is interesting...can someone confirm? I would try it but I'm out on travel.

Im going to take the glass off my le this arvo and try it. Im not good enough to get them all lit on the 1 ball. I just remember Gomez talking about opening up that orbit gate as being important.

#5099 1 year ago

So, with new code I started jet pack multi ball (not stacked with another mode). Got nothing upon going up the middle or hitting the tank target. Is the idea you need to shoot up the left lamp again to actually get the 2nd ball released? Eventually drained the first ball, and at that point the 2nd ball got released but I was out of multi ball at that point.

#5100 1 year ago

So folks whining about the Moby thing, what are the other 4 tunes they added?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,500 (Firm)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.