IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg
20FB72F1-8B81-46FF-8859-09FD68BE1593 (resized).jpeg
A7FBB9E0-2D84-42EB-95F3-248219C891EE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,050 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 301.
#4751 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nothing gets Pinside riled up like a Stern slow code game. But there is nothing about this game to suggest it will be abandoned. When was the last time Stern “abandoned” a game? Monopoly, 24, WOF or something? No chance Stern are going to allow Bond to be anything but the best it can be. Imo it’s the one of the biggest licenses Stern has ever had. You guys need to trust the only pinball company that knows how to deal with difficult IP holders. It might take time, but there’s way too much potential here to let this game be forgotten.

Wheel of Fortune - famously incomplete, but awesome post burning Gary's house down from Keefer after he was fired
Indy:Crystal Skull - the namesake wizard mode just wasn't coded - doesn't DO anything
Mustang - Technically complete (I think?), but left for dead after last minute license change to Mustang
Guardians of the Galaxy - also technically complete, but repetitive copy-paste gameplay with little variation
Munsters - DOA. Dwight never was given the chance to make Borg's design sing.
Bond - Not calling it a lost cause until we're in June and there's not a clear game gelling. But it's not looking good.

And, worth mentioning that it took over 3 YEARS for Ghostbusters to even get all the modes ON THE INSTRUCTION CARD. There was essentially nothing done to finish the game for 2.5 years after the pin was mostly complete, then the final update came. In Dwight we trust. Eventually. I cannot say the same for Lonnie. Hoping he surprises me.

#4752 1 year ago

Maybe, just maybe? This games code will be as bad as the artwork. I just want to hear the great music from these movies like Goldfinger,Diamonds are Forever, and From Russia with Love. Is this too much to ask?

#4753 1 year ago

It needs more music variety bad

#4754 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Pittsburg and back (12 hours) and I am in the pro club. Going accross P.A. Is brutal, but it went to a guy that was always interested in one of my games so I made the trip for him and I am very happy that he now has it.
I did get enough interest to make the altered wireform for it after all. I took 2 pitchforks to the body one from a streamer and then a fellow modder yesterday. I dont want to go for 3, so I will only post the end result of the mod for the bond pro when it is done.
[quoted image]

You can count me in for buying your Bond mod when you're ready.

#4755 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Pittsburg and back (12 hours) and I am in the pro club. Going accross P.A. Is brutal, but it went to a guy that was always interested in one of my games so I made the trip for him and I am very happy that he now has it.
I did get enough interest to make the altered wireform for it after all. I took 2 pitchforks to the body one from a streamer and then a fellow modder yesterday. I dont want to go for 3, so I will only post the end result of the mod for the bond pro when it is done.
[quoted image]

Congrats on the new Pro!
Lots of buttholes and opinions out there and it's best to ignore most of them.

I would gladly take any updated posts for the wire form via PM, if you wanna show someone.
Cool to hear your moving forward with the project.

#4756 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheel of Fortune - famously incomplete, but awesome post burning Gary's house down from Keefer after he was fired
Indy:Crystal Skull - the namesake wizard mode just wasn't coded - doesn't DO anything
Mustang - Technically complete (I think?), but left for dead after last minute license change to Mustang
Guardians of the Galaxy - also technically complete, but repetitive copy-paste gameplay with little variation
Bond - Not calling it a lost cause until we're in June and there's not a clear game gelling. But it's not looking good.
And, worth mentioning that it took over 3 YEARS for Ghostbusters to even get all the modes ON THE INSTRUCTION CARD. There was essentially nothing done to finish the game for 2.5 years after the pin was mostly complete, then the final update came. In Dwight we trust. Eventually. I cannot say the same for Lonnie. Hoping he surprises me.

Your examples are a bit one-sided. What about stranger things? Aerosmith and Game of Thrones also have solid code. Kiss was terrible for years then the last update made a big difference, and it’s solid code. Star Trek also has solid code. And tron (sure I know Lyman was on this as well, so maybe not fair to include)? Most of your references are mid 2000s games, which was clearly a different time. Just way to early to know on bond. The impatience of the community is justified to some extent, but it’s also a little over the top at this point.

#4757 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Your examples are a bit one-sided. What about stranger things? Aerosmith and Game of Thrones also have solid code. Kiss was terrible for years then the last update made a big difference, and it’s solid code. Star Trek also has solid code. And tron (sure I know Lyman was on this as well, so maybe not fair to include)? Most of your references are mid 2000s games, which was clearly a different time. Just way to early to know on bond. The impatience of the community is justified to some extent, but it’s also a little over the top at this point.

It's not EVERY game, but it has happened, as I demonstrated, and some not that far back. Look at the track records of all the current Stern programmers and Lonnie is the weakest as lead, by far. He's demonstrated to be the least creative and often Mr. Good Enough and Mr. Cut and Paste. Aerosmith was cut and pasted from KISS, then tweaked. Bond was cut and pasted from Stranger Things and is now also being tweaked VERY SLOWLY. If you're betting, he's the worst odds at Stern. Which is why it's weird that Gomez gave him Gomez's supposedly grail theme. I buy every Stern, sometimes multiple models, so I'm not dumping on what I don't know. He still has the benefit of the doubt until late May, but if a coherent game isn't starting to come into focus by then, I won't hold back.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own. You're free to have your own.

#4758 1 year ago

Getting in all the modes in is important, and assume their main goal. But then it's also making it all gel together better. Still game is missing alot, so really need to see them at least filling out the crap that's listed on the PF.

If this new update coming out is just them adding like one new mode.... this is going to take a long long time

#4759 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own. You're free to have your own.

No need to add a disclaimer. Opinions and assholes, we've all got one. My best guess at this point, Bond code comes in strong about the time demand has fallen off due to the poor roll out and initial hate for the code, then it becomes a sought after game. Good things take time.

#4760 1 year ago

I made one of these for my Pro as I wasn't happy with the trans, wound up with a couple of them. If anyone is interested, I can send this one out to you in the US for $85 shipped. PM if interested. Thanks!

337013992_210468741568703_6440192161940172524_n (resized).jpg337013992_210468741568703_6440192161940172524_n (resized).jpg
#4761 1 year ago

Changed up a few songs on my Pro, added Live and Let Die as the main song and Nobody does it better as the after game song. Still waiting for the code to develop before adding some extra music for modes etc. I know LaLD is not a Connery film but I love that tune.

#4762 1 year ago

Music makes it much better.

#4763 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I made one of these for my Pro as I wasn't happy with the trans, wound up with a couple of them. If anyone is interested, I can send this one out to you in the US for $85 shipped. PM if interested. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Dude. That's pretty friggin sweet. I might've bought a premium instead of an LE if I knew that was an option.

#4764 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not saying I disagree here, in fact I agree with most of it. However there's a few key facts as to why I think this game will be given due code diligence:
Its a Gomez game which carries weight. Of the previous mentioned games in your post all different designers.
The production forecast for stern suggests only one more release for the year so Stern will want to move units of current titles.
Lonnie.... well I use to call him Ropp the Flop. He is a lazy SOB no doubt. But I do think the ethos and coding bar at Stern has definitely lifted. Ropps efforts on ST show improvement for sure.
In fact it seems to have lifted with all coders in last 2 years.
Lastly I think MV is a huge asset and I really like his work so far. Doubrful he will let this game slide even if Stern tells him to move on.

#4765 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Changed up a few songs on my Pro, added Live and Let Die as the main song and Nobody does it better as the after game song. Still waiting for the code to develop before adding some extra music for modes etc. I know LaLD is not a Connery film but I love that tune.

Big improvement. Can you get rid of Qs ring for me now?

#4766 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Big improvement. Can you get rid of Qs ring for me now?

I had radioactive reconnaissance today and then hit the mystery before the Q scoop. Mystery was “light Q branch” and it switched to Q’s ring, I almost just let it drain to not have to play it again. Painful.

#4767 1 year ago

Qs ring I swear lights up every shot in the playfield I feel like ; almost beat it but never have ;

What’s the award ?

I’m only two steps away from the slammer

#4768 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Qs ring I swear lights up every shot in the playfield I feel like ; almost beat it but never have ;
What’s the award ?

It's like 1M per shot with the last shot being 2M. Not that great, but better points than some villain modes. All of us have played it so many times I wish they would tweak the rules to freshen it up.

#4769 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Lonnie.... well I use to call him Ropp the Flop. He is a lazy SOB no doubt. But I do think the ethos and coding bar at Stern has definitely lifted. Ropps efforts on ST show improvement for sure.

Marginal improvement with STh, but same old Ropp at the wheel of the SS Paycheck. He strung users along with a video mode listed as one of the mystery awards from the start of STh code releases, then just dumped it at the end and called it done. A little Crystal Skull callback for the fans?

Hoping Gomez will crack the whip and give the Lonnie the support he absolutely has to have from other coders to turn out something good. There's no Lyman to cover for him this time, so maybe Rayday or Dwight will lend a hand, and MXV has some good ideas, but I'm not sure he's coded more than expression lights so far. We'll see soon enough. If it turns out great, I'll be happy to congratulate Lonnie and team. I just have severe doubts based on an extensive track record of underperformance.

#4770 1 year ago

Does anybody think Mark left Stern because of what we are experiencing with Bond. Something is going on at some level and it’s not good.

#4771 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Marginal improvement with STh, but same old Ropp at the wheel of the SS Paycheck. He strung users along with a video mode listed as one of the mystery awards from the start of STh code releases, then just dumped it at the end and called it done. A little Crystal Skull callback for the fans?
Hoping Gomez will crack the whip and give the Lonnie the support he absolutely has to have from other coders to turn out something good. There's no Lyman to cover for him this time, so maybe Rayday or Dwight will lend a hand, and MXV has some good ideas, but I'm not sure he's coded more than expression lights so far. We'll see soon enough. If it turns out great, I'll be happy to congratulate Lonnie and team. I just have severe doubts based on an extensive track record of underperformance.

Who is mvx? I know it from the skill shot but didn’t realize it was a person.

#4772 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Who is mvx? I know it from the skill shot but didn’t realize it a person.

Mike Vinikour. Crossed over from the video game world and concert/event photography.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2617480/

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Mike_Vinikour/588141

#4773 1 year ago

Mark leaves Stern goes to CGC designs Pulp fiction and it probably will be further along than Bond soon. But we’re supposed to believe this slowed down Bond? The guy left, designed another machine, and it’s releasing soon.

#4774 1 year ago

I do not even own a Bond and I think I am more upset that many Bond owners posting on the thread. My anger stems from this game having such a kick-ass theme, but one of the worst rollouts in modern Stern history. I watched the Gomez thing on Marcos last month. I drank the kool-aid as well. I feel sick for George as I have a sneaking suspicion that he is not getting the support he requires. I do not see this title maturing into greatness such as Batman 66 or Ghostbusters. I feel Stern upper management has already made the business decision to move on.

#4775 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I do not see this title maturing into greatness such as Batman 66 or Ghostbusters.

Well, Trudeau's on parole now, so...

#4776 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I do not even own a Bond and I think I am more upset that many Bond owners posting on the thread. My anger stems from this game having such a kick-ass theme, but one of the worst rollouts in modern Stern history. I watched the Gomez thing on Marcos last month. I drank the kool-aid as well. I feel sick for George as I have a sneaking suspicion that he is not getting the support he requires. I do not see this title maturing into greatness such as Batman 66 or Ghostbusters. I feel Stern upper management has already made the business decision to move on.

What a steaming pile of horse shit. Owners clubs are for owners and fans of the game. Take it to the hype thread.
We are an owner and do not care where the code is up to. I am sure Gomez is fine. I see the title maturing to an all time great. Huge License.

#4777 1 year ago

Have any operators noticed increased play with the alternate translights? I find this game really under performing on location.

#4778 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Kiss was terrible for years then the last update made a big difference

update done by Lyman.

#4779 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

MXV has some good ideas, but I'm not sure he's coded more than expression lights so far.

I don't think MXV can lay down any C++. He generally travels to shows on behalf of Stern and acts as a rules advisor for games.

#4780 1 year ago

LEs selling for $11400 ask price now. Looks like $10k is in reach.

#4781 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Mark leaves Stern goes to CGC designs Pulp fiction and it probably will be further along than Bond soon. But we’re supposed to believe this slowed down Bond? The guy left, designed another machine, and it’s releasing soon.

Mark Ritchie worked at Stern?

#4782 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Nope.

#4783 1 year ago
#4784 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think it comes from the latest Loser Kid podcast on Pulp Fiction with Mark Ritchie and Zach Sharpe. Mark mentions that he almost went to work for Stern before designing Pulp Fiction a few years ago but it didn’t eventuate for whatever reason.

#4785 1 year ago

Sorry, I got the two Ritchie brothers messed up. I thought it was pretty crazy that in the short amount of time all that transpired.

#4786 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

What’s the award ?

I’ve beat it a couple times, but light it 99% of my games. Not a high completion %.

#4787 1 year ago

Hello, new Bond owner since 10 days. I really love this Game. Shoots are fantastic. I have GZ and JP too.

Of course i hope a new code soon… maybe today is the day….
8FCBD8D9-31AC-4DC4-BF90-A9302DF8E7A8 (resized).jpeg8FCBD8D9-31AC-4DC4-BF90-A9302DF8E7A8 (resized).jpeg

#4788 1 year ago
Quoted from Suby:

Hello, new Bond owner since 10 days. I really love this Game. Shoots are fantastic.
Of course i hope a new code soon… maybe today is the day…. [quoted image]

My money is 3/22.

#4789 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My money is 3/22.

Safe money is "two weeks"

#4790 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Have any operators noticed increased play with the alternate translights? I find this game really under performing on location.

I definitely noticed a difference when I got the alternate translate for my pro I’m an operator albeit a slow location ; nobody knows dr no but they all marvel at bond ;

I’ve gotten tons of compliments from ppl about the bond translite definitely worth upgrading in my eyes.

Only thing I’ve had with bond is ppl say it’s too hard and eats money too fast;

I have it set to 1$/play

5 second ball save time
1:30 target game time(not sure how this works or how well it works)

I also moved left outlane post all the way down .

They are just complaining about super short ball times…

I may move the right post down also but just haven’t gotten around to it and not sure if taking the car out is a mission or easy..

Not sure yet if I’ll make the game harder or easier seems pretty standard atm;

One guy put in a $5 his games ended in a few mins and he came to me demanding a refund after he played all 5 credits lol

I didn’t refund him.

#4791 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I definitely noticed a difference when I got the alternate translate for my pro I’m an operator albeit a slow location ; nobody knows dr no but they all marvel at bond ;
I’ve gotten tons of compliments from ppl about the bond translite definitely worth upgrading in my eyes.
Only thing I’ve had with bond is ppl say it’s too hard and eats money too fast;
I have it set to 1$/play
5 second ball save time
1:30 target game time(not sure how this works or how well it works)
I also moved left outlane post all the way down .
They are just complaining about super short ball times…
I may move the right post down also but just haven’t gotten around to it and not sure if taking the car out is a mission or easy..
One guy put in a $5 his games ended in a few mins and he came to me demanding a refund after he played all 5 credits lol
I didn’t refund him.

On the harder to remove/get to screws I've found I can often get away with removing them using a screwdrive bit and pliers. You already have the tools for the underside to hold the nut since you removed the one on the otherside. I have found that I can often use one of the drill bits for an electric drill and just old that with a pair of pliers and use the hex wrench to unscrew from underneath. It's worth a try and will save you from taking that car apart. Havn't done it on Bond though (it's too easy!).

#4792 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Supposedly there is an extra post in the goodie bag, so you don't have to move the existing one under the car. That being said, I do not know if you still need to take the car out to put the extra post in.

#4793 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Sorry, I got the two Ritchie brothers messed up. I thought it was pretty crazy that in the short amount of time all that transpired.

We knew you would figure it out.

#4794 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Supposedly there is an extra post in the goodie bag, so you don't have to move the existing one under the car. That being said, I do not know if you still need to take the car out to put the extra post in.

You know you’re totally right there is a post in the goodie bag ; I wonder if it fits ….

If it does fit it looks like you can install it without having to move the car ;

I’ve just seen Ppl stretch the post under the car.

I’m brand new so someone with more experience I’m sure will chime in.

Appreciate it

#4795 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

You know you’re totally right there is a post in the goodie bag ; I wonder if it fits ….
If it does fit it looks like you can install it without having to move the car ;
Appreciate it

Pretty sure you need to remove the car either way. Its super easy, 3 nuts car lifts right off with a little wiggle. I took car off to add the post from the goodie bag.

#4796 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Pretty sure you need to remove the car either way. Its super easy, 3 nuts car lifts right off with a little wiggle. I took car off to add the post from the goodie bag.

Ahhh ok thanks a bunch for the quick response

#4797 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Appreciate it

I've heard that that's what that extra post is for, but as said not sure about the removal. BW1029 said you still have to remove it, but I would see if you do not have to first.

#4798 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Same here
No one gets that its james bond

This machine has been the worst performer Ive ever had
Last Action Hero is leaving everything in the dust right now

#4799 1 year ago

Well, out of the club for the time being as I got offered a FF Premium plus some extra cash for my Bond Premium. Might buy another one once Stern has got it's shit together. Still rooting for everyone that the new code drops soon.

#4800 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

5 second ball save time

5 seconds! Come on, give the customers more than that! I have ball save set to 15 seconds but that's in my house and I want games that last longer than 2 minutes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 23.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,050 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.