IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 309.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I also emailed Stern regarding the exposed metal on the ramp entrances. I bet a fix is in the works with the amount of complaints received now.

The complaints started 1 day ago in this thread, I think 3 people have posted thinking it's an issue, but hey - it's pinside.

I posted a pic of our LE before XMas and the trim looked red - and people jumped pretty fast thinking multiple colours until I said nope - just the camera. I think I helped avoid "T-Mold-gate"?

Just maybe I can help avoid escalation again - back to my original response: hard edges get eased, balls stop getting "chopped". The most concern should be that the pf doesn't get scratched so change the balls more at the start as necessary and let those edges wear resulting in less ball changes over time.

Or as some have done, put something on there that may need more monitoring over the long-run in terms of replacing....?

Here is another edge inside a scoop that the ball hits dead-on and no one ever started "scoop-gate" when MB was re-done by CGC, and yes I did quite a few ball changes at the start and can't remember the last I did now and the balls are still looking / feeling good:

IMG_0060 (resized).jpgIMG_0060 (resized).jpg

Expecting rolled edges on ramps would be nice but this picture is of rolled-edge plastic ramp protectors - one that's there to stop the ramp from cracking like they did before the mfrs put them on - so not really a pic worth relating to IMO...:

68bc92ad91f0f940a23e9e3727579f40919e1654 (resized).jpg68bc92ad91f0f940a23e9e3727579f40919e1654 (resized).jpg

Back to it, design flaw? Not if history serves, & as such not sure if we need to "all complain to Stern".

Would it be nice to have rolled ramp edges? Sure, we could ask nicely.

Can someone now start making money on some padding? Sure, we could also start putting mylar on all metal guides to stop ball trails when new too.

Now if the issue is really that you want that ramp widened to hit that shot better that's a different story, recommend anyone thinking that shot is too hard look at something like TAF to have thing-flips in your corner...

All joking aside, it would be nice to have rolled or perfectly protected ramp edges but I don't think it's a design flaw per se.

#2002 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

added pinwoofer yesterday and it put the smile back on my face,its a different game with all the sounds I can hear now.

Definitely experiment a bit with the Speech and Music attenuation settings as Haymaker suggested. For my own tastes I ended up at Speech -5 and Music -10, but you can really hear the callouts.

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

The complaints started 1 day ago in this thread, I think 3 people have posted thinking it's an issue, but hey - it's pinside.
I posted a pic of our LE before XMas and the trim looked red - and people jumped pretty fast thinking multiple colours until I said nope - just the camera. I think I helped avoid "T-Mold-gate"?
Just maybe I can help avoid escalation again - back to my original response: hard edges get eased, balls stop getting "chopped". The most concern should be that the pf doesn't get scratched so change the balls more at the start as necessary and let those edges wear resulting in less ball changes over time.
Or as some have done, put something on there that may need more monitoring over the long-run in terms of replacing....?
Here is another edge inside a scoop that the ball hits dead-on and no one ever started "scoop-gate" when MB was re-done by CGC, and yes I did quite a few ball changes at the start and can't remember the last I did now and the balls are still looking / feeling good:
[quoted image]
Expecting rolled edges on ramps would be nice but this picture is of rolled-edge plastic ramp protectors - one that's there to stop the ramp from cracking like they did before the mfrs put them on - so not really a pic worth relating to IMO...:
[quoted image]
Back to it, design flaw? Not if history serves, & as such not sure if we need to "all complain to Stern".
Would it be nice to have rolled ramp edges? Sure, we could ask nicely.
Can someone now start making money on some padding? Sure, we could also start putting mylar on all metal guides to stop ball trails when new too.
Now if the issue is really that you want that ramp widened to hit that shot better that's a different story, recommend anyone thinking that shot is too hard look at something like TAF to have thing-flips in your corner...
All joking aside, it would be nice to have rolled or perfectly protected ramp edges but I don't think it's a design flaw per se.

Let’s see how this plays out. I’ve now had multiple conversations with stern and many photos requested and sent including photos of the balls absolutely trashed after 4 days.

It has their attention and have been very responsive.

Only going to get worse if PF’s start getting chewed up by torn up balls or metal flakes from the edge easing up as you say.

#2004 1 year ago

Was thinking about the Wizard mode. Her Majesty’s secret service.

Gomez on one of the first podcast he did indicated a surprise.

Could it be based on that movie? I did fall in between you only live twice and diamonds are forever. Blofeld was villain.

This would be pretty cool

#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Let’s see how this plays out. I’ve now had multiple conversations with stern and many photos requested and sent including photos of the balls absolutely trashed after 4 days.
It has their attention and have been very responsive.
Only going to get worse if PF’s start getting chewed up by torn up balls or metal flakes from the edge easing up as you say.

Yup let's see, anything that protects our machines from wear over time is good, in the interim for the cost of a few ball changes in relation to what we have invested in our machines I've always considered it not a big deal...

#2006 1 year ago

What balls are you all using for magnet games like this? I like the shininess of the Ninja pinballs but those are not for magnet games.

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

What balls are you all using for magnet games like this? I like the shininess of the Ninja pinballs but those are not for magnet games.

I have them in games with magnets (aware of the potential issues) but haven’t had any issues except when I tried them in Ironman.

Ninjas in AIQ, Mando, Star Trek no issues, if you like them try them just as long as your aware they could become magnetised.

#2008 1 year ago

My balls were pretty chaffed. Only had some Ninja balls around and tried them out. Bond on a Wand still picked them up no problem.

#2009 1 year ago

I only use Ninja balls as well on all games and the only game I had an issue on was JJP POTC after about 500 or so games played. Chest wouldn’t release the balls because they would stick together.

#2010 1 year ago

A company sent my employer a sample piece of edge trim and it was too small for our use in the shop. The shop foreman gave me the sample and I'll try it this weekend on the problem area. If it works, I'll let ya'll know. You can buy it from Amazon.
Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/SEALS-Rubber-1-6mm-Length-Meter/dp/B07NDTP5YR/ref=sr_1_13

#2011 1 year ago

I still say theres something weird going on when a ball is anywhere near the left scoop.My ball looks like it has a spin and magnetic attraction.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I still say theres something weird going on when a ball is anywhere near the left scoop.My ball looks like it has a spin and magnetic attraction.
[quoted image]

There must be a slope to that acrylic piece because it's like the ball gets sucked towards the scoop.

#2013 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

There must be a slope to that acrylic piece because it's like the ball gets sucked towards the scoop.

Mine even pulls in from a little Beyond the plastic .I am level and at 6.9 right now.Its something I may take a video of.

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I addressed the "rampggate" ball damage controversy tonight with these 5 self-adhesive, thin black cushions. The balls in my game do show accelerated wear at 150 games played, although the playfield looks fine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe I missed it but where does one acquire such things?

#2015 1 year ago

Well, another week and no update. Q’s Ring and the lack of mode stacking is wearing pretty thin.

#2016 1 year ago

Hey Bond Owners, thought I'd do a survey for those who might be thinking of installing my flipper system at some point. How many of you would like to see a special flipper bat color just for the Bond games, maybe a limited edition color just for Bond? If you want to throw a suggestion out for consideration that would be good. If after a while there is a consensus on one or two colors then I'll investigate the possibility of getting some of them made.

So far Black and Silver have been the colors of choice from my existing offerings. I've also received a few PM's from owners who have inquired if I was considering other colors, so I wanted to put this out for discussion.

Thanks!

#2017 1 year ago

I have had my LE setup for a week now. I agree with everyone that the software is currently weak, but I’ll withhold my judgement with the hopes it will get better. I am looking forward to hearing a voice other than Tiffany Case’s for Q’s ring.
As someone who collects movie poster art, I like the use of classic images. I do wish it was a widebody design to spread things out a little more, but that I may just be my personal preference.
Looking forward to updates - there is so much potential!

710F636E-7B9E-492A-BB10-CE0C28FE9D8E (resized).jpeg710F636E-7B9E-492A-BB10-CE0C28FE9D8E (resized).jpeg
#2018 1 year ago

Random complaint of the day:

When you start the game and see the famous gun barrel sequence, the sound effect for the gunshot is a tiny little baby puff pop. Almost a minor thud.

Seems off. Why not an explosive over the top gun shot like in the movies?

Also, why hasn’t someone complained about this already? Seems like pretty low hanging fruit!

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was thinking about the Wizard mode. Her Majesty’s secret service.
Gomez on one of the first podcast he did indicated a surprise.
Could it be based on that movie? I did fall in between you only live twice and diamonds are forever. Blofeld was villain.
This would be pretty cool

If there's some Lazenby in the wizard mode, that would be great.

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey Bond Owners, thought I'd do a survey for those who might be thinking of installing my flipper system at some point. How many of you would like to see a special flipper bat color just for the Bond games, maybe a limited edition color just for Bond? If you want to throw a suggestion out for consideration that would be good. If after a while there is a consensus on one or two colors then I'll investigate the possibility of getting some of them made.
So far Black and Silver have been the colors of choice from my existing offerings. I've also received a few PM's from owners who have inquired if I was considering other colors, so I wanted to put this out for discussion.
Thanks!

Honestly not sure what would look better than black. I could see a bright yellow being cool with the pro, but that's only one model and may not even be doable given the restraints on anodizing. I think it's a question worth asking as games come out though - definitely seems like Scooby Doo would have some possibilities there.

Not gonna lie, I'm hooked on these things and am probably buying a set of bats in any color you make if they're limited, even if I don't have the machine or like the color, in case I want them on something later. So yeah, do that :p

PXL_20221229_040237278 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040237278 (resized).jpg
#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

That looks like a good temporary fix. What are those exactly? Amazon link would be great if possible...not familiar with that stuff (and I'm starting to have quite the "pinball inventory" of random stuff like that)

The self-adhesive cushions came from this "variety pack" I bought online somewhere a few years ago. I cannot remember the identity of the vendor and the case lacks any marking. However, I suspect that eBay or Amazon would yield listings of this product with the proper search terms.

Good luck! These cushions have come in handy in several pinball-related tasks, especially for my EM restorations.

20230120_224407 (resized).jpg20230120_224407 (resized).jpg
#2022 1 year ago

After owning the game for ~2 months, I find myself rarely turning it on with the code… so off to powder coat it!

Hopefully will have a code update or two by the time I get it back.

A6DAE79A-046B-4E16-AF71-998B3CCA1965 (resized).jpegA6DAE79A-046B-4E16-AF71-998B3CCA1965 (resized).jpeg
#2023 1 year ago

This looks like a really strong solution. It’s in my cart. Please let us know!

Quoted from palmettophoto:

A company sent my employer a sample piece of edge trim and it was too small for our use in the shop. The shop foreman gave me the sample and I'll try it this weekend on the problem area. If it works, I'll let ya'll know. You can buy it from Amazon.
Here is the link:
amazon.com link »

#2024 1 year ago

7C9612E6-A7D5-4C9A-B61B-39ABC08F180C (resized).jpeg7C9612E6-A7D5-4C9A-B61B-39ABC08F180C (resized).jpeg0274554A-E178-4257-A573-7185A254515B (resized).jpeg0274554A-E178-4257-A573-7185A254515B (resized).jpegBEC5A9CF-FCF5-4E0C-937C-3A763478638D (resized).jpegBEC5A9CF-FCF5-4E0C-937C-3A763478638D (resized).jpeg

Decided to bite the bullet and snagged a set of the Precision flippers and ho.lee.shit. These things fucking rip. If you’re on the fence, just do it because you won’t regret it.

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks!

The silver already looks great but who knows…

2BBC2153-B2C8-4D16-8D42-002B1229D2E4 (resized).jpeg2BBC2153-B2C8-4D16-8D42-002B1229D2E4 (resized).jpeg
#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The silver already looks great but who knows…[quoted image]

You know, like a dark grey/gunmetal would probably look great, and be very appropriate for the game...match up well with the inlane plastics and ya know, bond/guns

#2027 1 year ago

Ollulanus Good suggestion, having not seen the game in person yet but in looking at the coloring in general it seems like a gunmetal or maybe pewter would be good? Pewter being lighter, but also a shade or two darker then silver.

#2028 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ollulanus Good suggestion, having not seen the game in person yet but in looking at the coloring in general it seems like a gunmetal or maybe pewter would be good? Pewter being lighter, but also a shade or two darker then silver.

The color you’re describing is Aston Martin silver birch:

19DE9B01-2BB6-40BB-AA43-CCBAEB76EBD1 (resized).jpeg19DE9B01-2BB6-40BB-AA43-CCBAEB76EBD1 (resized).jpeg

#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

That's more what I had in mind if we're using car pics :p pretty good match for the plastics too.

img_2903_f9c7d607db9f346dfa49d71023dc74168c3543e9 (resized).jpgimg_2903_f9c7d607db9f346dfa49d71023dc74168c3543e9 (resized).jpg

#2030 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Putting an exposed metal edge dead in the center of the playfield is a real issue. I could give two shits about my power cable, and I expect to have some minor tweaks to do like gates and dialing things in, but come on, this is basic pinball design. Exactly why do you think they put rubber bumpers at the end of the ramps? There's one next to this for crying out loud. If you're okay with it, fine, you have exceedingly liberal standards and minimal expectations in my opinion.

I don't buy for a minute in that location it will smooth to the point it won't be an issue after hundreds of games either, but even if it will, many folks are gonna chop up their clear in the meantime. If that IS the solution, at 7-13k they should be rounding and polishing them before they leave the factory. Or just figure out some 10c padding. Should have been caught and addressed.

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

That's more what I had in mind if we're using car pics :p pretty good match for the plastics too.
[quoted image]

Yeah I’d buy a set with that color for sure. Would be nice to have a specific set with all 3 flippers for Bond as well.

#2032 1 year ago

Translite arrived and it looks incredibly good, even better than on the pictures. Thank you so much! I absolutely love it - this is a must mod for everyone with Pro or Premium before you do anything else.
IMG_20230121_121729 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_20230121_121729 - Copy (resized).jpg

Sorry for the reflection in the image

#2033 1 year ago

2 questions:

1) For those that have played Jet Pack Multiball, does the bond on the wand hover over the tank or to the left of it (from player's perspective)? When I first got my pin, I thought it hovered right above the tank so that the ball dropped on the tank, but lately it has been going to the left of it. I don't know if its the code update or if I messed it up when I decided to do the calibration on it.

2) During the calibration, my bond runs into the missile as it is trying to get to position 45. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks!

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

2 questions:
1) For those that have played Jet Pack Multiball, does the bond on the wand hover over the tank or to the left of it (from player's perspective)? When I first got my pin, I thought it hovered right above the tank so that the ball dropped on the tank, but lately it has been going to the left of it. I don't know if its the code update or if I messed it up when I decided to do the calibration on it.
2) During the calibration, my bond runs into the missile as it is trying to get to position 45. Is this happening to anyone else?
Thanks!

Mine has actually hit the Rocket,Distro says it will be addressed in code according to his conversations with Stern

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:Translite arrived and it looks incredibly good, even better than on the pictures. Thank you so much! I absolutely love it - this is a must mod for everyone with Pro or Premium before you do anything else.
[quoted image]

Wow..stoked to get mine!

Can we get this nominated for mod of the year? Friggin awesome @pinstein!

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Translite arrived and it looks incredibly good, even better than on the pictures. Thank you so much! I absolutely love it - this is a must mod for everyone with Pro or Premium before you do anything else.
[quoted image]

I want to see before/after numbers on route...

#2037 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

[quoted image]

Yeah, never bought an alt translite to this point, and my Bond Pro will be sold once I'm done with temp testing and one other mod, but I didn't feel right sending it down the road with that AWFUL stock Dr. No translite. So I ponied up for this great alt translite. I think the ultimate owner will appreciate it.

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

2 questions:
Thanks!

My Bond on a wand will move over the tank then next to it then back over it. The magnet will release the ball when you hit one of the orange arrow shots with the other ball during JP multi ball. So some skill is involved in hitting the tank from Bond on a Wand.

#2039 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I'm seriously considering putting that translite in my Goldeneye machine.

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm seriously considering putting that translite in my Goldeneye machine.

Isn't Goldeneye translite taller?

#2041 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't Goldeneye longer?

Good point. Goldeneye is 3 inches taller and 1 inch wider.

#2042 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow..stoked to get mine!
Can we get this nominated for mod of the year? Friggin awesome Pinstein!

While I agree that this translite looks fantastic, I would expect this endeavor to get shut down pretty quickly by Stern and/or the Bond license holders.

I'm assuming that he doesn't have Stern's approval to sell these, and he's even using the Stern logo on the product.

#2043 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

While I agree that this translite looks fantastic, I would expect this endeavor to get shut down pretty quickly by Stern and/or the Bond license holders.
I'm assuming that he doesn't have Stern's approval to sell these, and he's even using the Stern logo on the product.

If that becomes the case. He can’t sell them, but he can use it on his own personal machine and give them away to friends for free. He just can’t profit from them.

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

[quoted image]

So pumped to get one! That looks awesome!

#2045 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good point. Goldeneye is 3 inches taller and 1 inch wider.

Ask him to make 1 that size

#2046 1 year ago

If he decides to make art blades, or replacement cabinet art, I'm definitely game!

#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

There are plenty of alt translites that have been sold by word of mouth and not shut down - even ones with the Stern logo. So Stern *COULD* do that, but history of alt translites makes it a tossup whether they bother for this one. In this on particular case, I hope they don't because this one is SO FAR BEYOND the lazy crap Stern churned out for the Pros it's not funny. A massive improvement on the stock Bond Pro translite.

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are plenty of alt translites that have been sold by word of mouth and not shut down - even ones with the Stern logo. So Stern *COULD* do that, but history of alt translites makes it a tossup whether they bother for this one. In this on particular case, I hope they don't because this one is SO FAR BEYOND the lazy crap Stern churned out for the Pros it's not funny. A massive improvement on the stock translite.

They way I see it. If someone was going to pass on the game because of an ugly translite - a 3rd party selling an Alt translite might sell a game or two for Stern.

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are plenty of alt translites that have been sold by word of mouth and not shut down - even ones with the Stern logo. So Stern *COULD* do that, but history of alt translites makes it a tossup whether they bother for this one. In this on particular case, I hope they don't because this one is SO FAR BEYOND the lazy crap Stern churned out for the Pros it's not funny. A massive improvement on the stock Bond Pro translite.

I don't think the art is Stern's fault.
From everything that I've heard so far it's the licensor being a pain in the neck because they have no idea about the product.
I think the licensor's behavior is actively costing Stern money with all that controversy and delayed code and they would have absolutely put different art packages out of they would have let them.
Considering those restrictions, it's ok and it is what it is - thankfully people are stepping up and putting awesome mods out.

#2050 1 year ago

The translite from Pinstein is a huge upgrade! Already have people at my location saying it looks way better and makes the game more inviting.

0E60099A-20D8-4EE1-BB0D-F275CFCB9CA6 (resized).jpeg0E60099A-20D8-4EE1-BB0D-F275CFCB9CA6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Contact
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.