IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 235.
#851 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

More often than not it's a bad optical sensor. Either in the center shot were the ball enters the subway or in the idol itself. Check all of the switches and the optic sensors involved in the switch test mode. One or more of them isn't working properly.

You're right It was an optic sensor. I changed all 3 sets in the sub and all is working well again. Thanks.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Back when I bought my first machine (2001) I made a short list of the games I wanted. STTNG was #1 and IJ was #2. I finally picked up a STTNG in 2012 and then IJ about 5 months ago. I would have to say that IJ has surpassed STTNG on my list.

I always wanted both as well. Wound up with two STTNGs, and sold them both. Miss neither of them. LOVE IJ. Think even at number 8 or wherever it's at on the Top 100 it's underrated.

#854 8 years ago

It is underrated at 7-8. It should Top 3.

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

It is underrated at 7-8. It should Top 3.

Agree.
It should be in top 3.....top 3......

#856 8 years ago

I'm telling you (and I've been saying it for a while) the IPDB is more accurate overall...IMHO. But then again some of the more recent and better Stern's are too low on it.

Make your own list.

#857 8 years ago

I know there was quite a bit of talk about the Mode Hole back on page 8 or 9, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out, here. My ball stays in the mode hole without bouncing out about 1 out of every 6 shots. I ordered and installed some Drop-dead Foam, but it did not seem to help at all. Even a soft, back-handed shot from the left flipper seldom stays in. Are there any other tweaks I can do to that area to keep the ball from bouncing out? It is really frustrating playing the game and never getting past two or three modes.

Thanks.

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I know there was quite a bit of talk about the Mode Hole back on page 8 or 9, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out, here. My ball stays in the mode hole without bouncing out about 1 out of every 6 shots. I ordered and installed some Drop-dead Foam, but it did not seem to help at all. Even a soft, back-handed shot from the left flipper seldom stays in. Are there any other tweaks I can do to that area to keep the ball from bouncing out? It is really frustrating playing the game and never getting past two or three modes.
Thanks.

Highly suggest moving the ball stop bracket back some. That really helped mine.

#859 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thank you. That is what I was curious about--whether the metal backing could be moved back.

#860 8 years ago

Yes but need to pre-drill some new holes. It doesn't need a lot.

#861 8 years ago

I ha

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:I know there was quite a bit of talk about the Mode Hole back on page 8 or 9, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out, here. My ball stays in the mode hole without bouncing out about 1 out of every 6 shots. I ordered and installed some Drop-dead Foam, but it did not seem to help at all. Even a soft, back-handed shot from the left flipper seldom stays in. Are there any other tweaks I can do to that area to keep the ball from bouncing out? It is really frustrating playing the game and never getting past two or three modes.
Thanks.

I don't have that issue with mine, but I keep this bookmarked for future reference

http://www.micsaund.com/games/IJ/IJ_Tech/ij_tech.php

#862 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I did this, drilled new holes and moved it back a hair. helped a lot. still 1 out of 4 bounces out. If I back hand it, it stays mostly every shot.

#863 8 years ago

Take ball stop out completely and put drop dead foam on the metal frame around the back. Works like a charm. I learned it from someone on here. I get 7-9 modes a game now instead of 4-5.

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Take ball stop out completely and put drop dead foam on the metal frame around the back. Works like a charm. I learned it from someone on here. I get 7-9 modes a game now instead of 4-5.

Going to try this. How hard is it to get the scoop bracket out of there? That's what's been holding me up so far is not wanting to have to tear down much. I put in the foam, lowered the saucer, etc. but still rejects balls like crazy.

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Going to try this. How hard is it to get the scoop bracket out of there? That's what's been holding me up so far is not wanting to have to tear down much. I put in the foam, lowered the saucer, etc. but still rejects balls like crazy.

I put some target foam in an upside down "V" shape above the saucer. (See photo). Didn't even have to remove anything, just used some needle nose plyers to put it on. Make sure you clean up the metal with rubbing alcohol first. I did this about a year ago and it has eliminated any rejects 100%. It's possible the prior owners have made other tweaks but before I did this it was maybe 50%. I've heard putting washers between the saucer and playfield to drop it down a bit helps too.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I put some target foam in an upside down "V" shape above the saucer. (See photo). Didn't even have to remove anything, just used some needle nose plyers to put it on. Make sure you clean up the metal with rubbing alcohol first. I did this about a year ago and it has eliminated any rejects 100%. It's possible the prior owners have made other tweaks but before I did this it was maybe 50%. I've heard putting washers between the saucer and playfield to drop it down a bit helps too.
image_(resized).jpeg

Thanks for the tips and the picture. Tried dead drop foam in the V shape like you have and I was still getting rejections at about the same rate as without. After trying that I removed the ball stop entirely and lined everything with foam as wolfy suggested. I'd say I'm getting 1-2 rejections out of 10 clean shots to the saucer now. So, not perfect, but better, though it lacks the satisfying metal thunk when the ball stop worked right. I can see why people say to drill out the ball stop and move it back because then you'll still have the downward angle of the ball stop acting on the ball. Wish there was a perfect fix for this - the mode start rejection is such a drag.

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I put some target foam in an upside down "V" shape above the saucer.

I did the same, as if you use a square the ball can get stuck/not kick out. I also have near zero kickouts. I did scoot the bracket back as far as I could with no new holes or anything.

It may have to do with the angle of that bracket if it's not working? Too straight up and down?

#868 8 years ago

It took me awhile, but I'm finally part of the club.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#869 8 years ago

I'm having some trouble with my upper ball gates - the left and right gates near the lanes at the top. Can someone explain how these are supposed to function in a game - when they're supposed to open and close? Is there a loop shot at any point?

My left functions fine in solenoid test, but locks on when the left ramp made switch is closed (!). My right doesn't do anything in test and not sure what it does during the game.

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

It took me awhile, but I'm finally part of the club.

image_(resized).jpeg

Congrats! Truly one of the best pins ever, One game that will never leave my house!

TZ is the one thats taking me years to get in.....one day.

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I'm having some trouble with my upper ball gates - the left and right gates near the lanes at the top. Can someone explain how these are supposed to function in a game - when they're supposed to open and close? Is there a loop shot at any point?
My left functions fine in solenoid test, but locks on when the left ramp made switch is closed (!). My right doesn't do anything in test and not sure what it does during the game.

For the majority of time they are 1 way gates, but sometimes loop jackpots and modes allow the ball to travel all the way around. You can see some behavior here:

#872 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I think it's the Tank Chase, Monkey Brains, and Streets of Cairo modes that use the full loop.

#873 8 years ago

Thanks for the info on the loop shots, guys. I took my right gate apart and I think the spring had slipped to the wrong part of the wire so it wasn't opening. They're both opening now - funny because I've had IJ for awhile, but I don't think this gate has ever been working and I didn't notice!

So, can you confirm that when you shoot a ramp (during normal play) it opens the respective gate for awhile. So right ramp opens right gate for awhile, left ramp opens left gate. Mine does this.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Has anyone used these insert decals from classicarcades?
ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Machine Playfield Insert Decal Set Full Color Uv Printed
Are they printed to exact size of existing decals (no scraping of original inserts needed)?
Have some insert wear I was thinking of using these on but wanted to see if these are recommended or if not other suggestions.

Is your wear from raised inserts? If so these will only work for a short time as the same wear will come back if you don't push them back down.

#875 8 years ago

So I need to make the start mode hole adjustment and therefore will need to remove the poa. Mine is in perfect adjustment right now. Will removing it make it come out of adjustment? It's a relatively new game to me, and I hear that can be a bugger.

Also, per the "moving the metal ball stop back" type of adjustment, do people find filing out the holes to give sufficient movement or should I drill (gasp) new holes in the pf?

#876 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I need to make the start mode hole adjustment and therefore will need to remove the poa. Mine is in perfect adjustment right now. Will removing it make it come out of adjustment? It's a relatively new game to me, and I hear that can be a bugger.
Also, per the "moving the metal ball stop back" type of adjustment, do people find filing out the holes to give sufficient movement or should I drill (gasp) new holes in the pf?

Take the entire ball stop out and line the area with dead drop foam. It's the only solution that works consistently. Trust me on this.

And yes...you'll have to play with your POA and tweak it to get it just right again. It's a balance of forward/backward positioning, coupled with left/right positioning and the bend in that little metal tab where the ball enters the POA.

A pain, but you'll get it done!

#877 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Thanks for the info on the loop shots, guys. I took my right gate apart and I think the spring had slipped to the wrong part of the wire so it wasn't opening. They're both opening now - funny because I've had IJ for awhile, but I don't think this gate has ever been working and I didn't notice!
So, can you confirm that when you shoot a ramp (during normal play) it opens the respective gate for awhile. So right ramp opens right gate for awhile, left ramp opens left gate. Mine does this.

Yes mine does this too.

#878 8 years ago

became a new member of the club! Made these up for it if anyone needs some new cards

jones_(resized).jpgjones_(resized).jpg

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

became a new member of the club! Made these up for it if anyone needs some new cards
jones_(resized).jpg

Congrats!

IJ is a killer pin.

#880 8 years ago

quick question: New to the game so trying to get it set up just right. As of now, im getting a ton of sdtm from out of the pops or from hitting the captive ball or its drop target. Any fixes i should look into?

#881 8 years ago

I've never had that problem.

Just make sure the pin is level, left to right, and set the pitch at 6.5 degrees.

#882 8 years ago

I get sdtm always from captive ball. Makes quick two-ball very tricky. I need to check my level.

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

jones_(resized).jpg

Very nice cards!!

#884 8 years ago

Here is a few pics of my 3 banl drop target mod for Indiana Jones.

Full installation instructions can be found here:
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/indypinhead/library/PINBALL/3%20BANK%20DROP%20TARGET%20MOD?sort=9&page=1

22_(resized).jpg22_(resized).jpg
23_(resized).jpg23_(resized).jpg
10_(resized).jpg10_(resized).jpg
12_(resized).jpg12_(resized).jpg
14_(resized).jpg14_(resized).jpg

15_(resized).jpg15_(resized).jpg

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here is a few pics of my 3 banl drop target mod for Indiana Jones.
Full installation instructions can be found here:
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/indypinhead/library/PINBALL/3%20BANK%20DROP%20TARGET%20MOD?sort=9&page=1
22_(resized).jpg
23_(resized).jpg
10_(resized).jpg
12_(resized).jpg
14_(resized).jpg

15_(resized).jpg

Are you selling these??? Looks Great!!!!!!

#887 8 years ago

Yes, I'm selling them.

$110 plus shipping.

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yes, I'm selling them.
$110 plus shipping.

How do they hold up?

#889 8 years ago

My guess is that they should hold up as good as the original ABS ones.

These are made of polycarbonate.

#890 8 years ago

Hi guys,bought a really nice IJ yesterday.New cab and decals and perfect playfield
looking to learn the rules and play and play

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#891 8 years ago

Thats a great looking Indy! Listen to the latest review on thepinballpodcast.com - the rules and and game get a big review there. Enjoy!

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thats a great looking Indy!

Thank you!!!

I have a few more mods in mind for IJ

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys,bought a really nice IJ yesterday.New cab and decals and perfect playfield
looking to learn the rules and play and play

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

I hope to install my new cabinet decals...some day

#894 8 years ago

Well worth it!

#895 8 years ago

Charles,

Did you try the insert decals ?

Jim

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Charles,
Did you try the insert decals ?
Jim

Nope never got them. I ended up putting that on the back burner for a bit and got some mods and side decals for some other games.

If i see a good review from someone who has used them id probably get some now though. If i still cant find anything on them i might get them in the near future and just try them out. Ill post back here if/when i do.

#897 8 years ago

Any advice on how to get the POA adjusted perfectly or a description of how a well-adjusted POA should play? On mine, holding right allows the ball to travel down the entire right side. Holding left, however, and the ball ends up in the first hole (won't travel down left side), so to make the left hand switches you have to juggle the ball over from the right. I've tried adjusting the POA as far left as possible many times, but it doesn't seem to have enough play in that direction and the result is always as above. Normal?

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Any advice on how to get the POA adjusted perfectly or a description of how a well-adjusted POA should play? On mine, holding right allows the ball to travel down the entire right side. Holding left, however, and the ball ends up in the first hole (won't travel down left side), so to make the left hand switches you have to juggle the ball over from the right. I've tried adjusting the POA as far left as possible many times, but it doesn't seem to have enough play in that direction and the result is always as above. Normal?

Definitely not normal - mine on full left or right will travel down the side easily. Unfortunately I can't help you on how to adjust it, but I'm sure someone else will shortly.

#899 8 years ago

i put a couple washers under the lower bracket that holds poa to pf. It raised it just a hair so the poa angle wasnt so steep and that way you had time to play with ball, I believe i settled on 3 thin washers under each bolt. I also put some black masking tape on side walls of poa where ball drops in which also gives some friction and slows ball from zipping down poa, Not sure if that helped but the washers for sure did. now i can hit any switch or hole needed. hope this makes sense.

#900 8 years ago

Thanks guys - I finally got it adjusted properly this afternoon. I can see now that there isn't any magic to it, just adjusting the position of the POA against the position of the opto switch so that the opto switch is level when the POA is level. Kind of hard to get just right though! I've never been able to complete Eternal Life, but I think this is going to make it substantially easier... Truthfully, I wasn't really sold on IJ at first, but after fixing the little things like this and the mode start rejection, I've enjoyed it much more!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,500 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 85.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mississauga, ON
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.