IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#699 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

IJ 2015.jpg
Anyone else have issues with new cabinet art not lining up?

Mines a little short width ways but its ok with its vertical alignment.

image.jpgimage.jpg

which did you do first? door or side art? Regardless you could have left a gap at the top of either one because the lock down bar or side rails would have hidden the gap.

1 week later
#717 8 years ago

Can anyone please provide a correct explanation of the single drop/captive ball game play behavior.

I have checked switches and coils for the target as it seems to be stuck and I am not sure if it is behaving as expected OR something else isn't working. Random things seem to activate it's normal award (pop bumpers/shooting a new ball/even pulling the gun trigger).

When the single drop is up and it is hit it triggers the DMD crushed/collapsing idol animation.
After this when is it supposed to reset? What is the correct trigger?
When should the captive ball be exposed? Only while the flashing arrow is on?

#719 8 years ago

Excellent thanks! Now to diagnose why its not coming back up. Between shots.

3 weeks later
#743 8 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions to fixing an issue I have with the left wire guide coming from the left ramp?

I've just cleaned and waxed by playfield and as such its playing super fast, ball is getting heaps of spin etc. The down side is that when I hit the left ramp at speed the ball travels so fast down the ramp that it almost always drains into the far left drain lane. The fix would seem to be that I need a higher playfield wireguide or some other way to block the ball.

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I slightly bent the right side edge of the left metal ramp and now have a very small percentage of balls flying off. Pair of pliers did the trick right where the ramp edge wall and wireform meet.
Would be cool though to have a 360 wireform mod for that area.

I think my issue is slightly different. You are talking about it coming off right at the start or mid rail? I've seen that occasionally but not as much as what i getting now. What i'm talking about is where it drops down back to the playfield. Here is a pic (not mine) http://i.imgur.com/DqR5RcE.png

It can come off at an angle and skip over the playfield based wireform.

I had a game last night in which the only time I lost a ball was due to it jumping the wire. Sometimes it will trigger the eternal life reshoot, probably due to a drain switch being triggered so quickly after an upper playfield switch.

3 months later
#819 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can anyone give me tips on how to play the POA? I can usually get 2 lights, but it's really hard. (Not rule tips, but actual playing tips.)

I press the flipper button quite as soon as it touches the bumper prior to the direction I want it to go. It works most of the time for me.

Say for example you wanted to make the ball zig zag, as soon as the ball starts moving to the side you want it to go press again to pre-empt the next move. On my table i've found I need to do it early otherwise the momentum of the ball will carry it to the wrong side.

To make it fall into one of the holes I just press the button later than I would for a land change.

I suggest taking off your glass and throwing a few balls through it manually and you'd figure how your tables POA timing/balance pretty quickly.

#820 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A little more progress. Side rails, lockdown and door back on; they were powder coated in a metallic bronze which really doesn't show up in the picture. It's nicer in person. The legs were also done in the same color.
WP_20160205_23_12_40_Pro_(resized).jpg

Very nice.

Have you considered cabinet protectors ( http://www.johns-arcade.com/#!product-page/c1cs/237c0859-05c6-3b0c-ce9e-76af5bb8b0a8). The suggestion is to cut around and remove the decals that would be under them to stop the decals from becoming wrinkled when the legs go back on.

1 month later
#874 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Has anyone used these insert decals from classicarcades?
ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Machine Playfield Insert Decal Set Full Color Uv Printed
Are they printed to exact size of existing decals (no scraping of original inserts needed)?
Have some insert wear I was thinking of using these on but wanted to see if these are recommended or if not other suggestions.

Is your wear from raised inserts? If so these will only work for a short time as the same wear will come back if you don't push them back down.

5 months later
#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Installed this on mine What do you guys think?

Nice, but at 450USD (no shipping) its pretty expensive for a topper.

2 months later
#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

On the table as we speak.

Would you mind showing more pics of how your nice pf rotisserie is put together and how it holds your playfield. I'm guessing there are a couple of clamps but I can't see how the rear of the playfield is held in place.

1 year later
#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Bump, any help would be great!

Ask in the plane rescue thread. They’ll all have those brackets removed from the machine to do the install.

Here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/14#post-4654357

#3788 5 years ago

Is it possible to hook up the same additional led to both the jackpot light and adventure leds so that if either go on it lights up?

I’d think I’d need to have a relay or something right? Something like this?

D8ADADAE-C988-406A-8582-B70A0E2BEB7E (resized).pngD8ADADAE-C988-406A-8582-B70A0E2BEB7E (resized).png

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

What would you like to see, what is your goal?

A string of leds lighting up the rope bridge behind the plastic when any of the appropriate lights light up (adventure OR jackpot).

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

As we are talking about flashers, you need logic IC and also timer function, to avoid strobe effect at output.

Just the static ones. It works for one already but I have to choose.

I can either light for jackpot OR adventure.

#3800 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Can't you install 2 led strings?

Yeah I can. I was just looking for a more elegant solution

1 month later
#3882 5 years ago

Both my indy's flippers are dead.

Initially they were intermittent.

I then pulled the flipper opto's apart and cleaned with a cloth sprayed with alcohol spray and put them back in and they don't work at all now. Reseated the connectors on both flippers and on the main board.

Did a coil check and flipper coils themselves seem fine. Question : when the "hold" test happens should the flipper bats move up quickly or slowly?
My left one raises slow but the right is even slower. Normal power test they shoot up quickly like normal. I'd never run that test before so I didnt know what to expect.

I've checked all the fuses on every board (without removal) and they seemed fine. Reseated every connector on the fliptronics board and powered on again. No change.
I then pulled all the fused on every board and retested. I broke the fuse in f101 (doh). So i'll have to see if I can find a replacement tomorrow as the 3A were the only ones I didn't have on hand.

Failing that what else should I check?

#3885 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Replace the broken fuse.
Remove the coil stops and inspect the plungers, sleeves and springs. Clean as you go.
Check for any mechanical binding first. They should move freely and have a little bit of play in and out if you pull on them.

Replaced fuse.

Pulled every other fuse and checked resistance with a meter. All good. Checked tp1,2 and 3 on the power board and they’re all good.

Flippers were rebuilt about 150 games ago, checked them anyway and they move freely. They test fine in the test menu.

Oh well looks like more googling :/

#3887 5 years ago

Is there a good way to test the flipper opto boards? Seems coincidental that both are out at the same time.

#3889 5 years ago

Its a(n almost) Christmas miracle!

I threw some new hardware at the problem and it fixed it! Hurray, just in time for everyone coming over this Christmas to play pinball!

The problem was the opto boards. Both were dead! Tried one first just in case something was killing them and the replacement one worked.

What are the odds that both boards would be dead at the same time?

Wayne from mrpinball casually mentioned that spring steel needed to be installed. I thought I had ones installed that I could reuse but found that they were actually missing too!

2 months later
#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Put some side art blades on my IJ. Liking the look.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.

The thing about art blades is how easily they get damaged.

I put some on my tspp and within a few days i'd already got a couple of places where the pf brackets had clipped them.

On a Williams it should be less due to the far superior lift mech compared to sterns but it still worries me. I might make up some side protectors with some left over makrolon sheets I have.

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

I’ve been putting off installing my art blades as I worry I’d trash them doing it. Then worry about trashing them doing playfield maintenance. I wonder if putting Mylar over them would look terrible.

I did my first ones using the wet method. This is very forgiving, even for a first timer and significantly easier.

2 weeks later
#4145 5 years ago

Same here. No washer required.

I did end up having to use some locktite blue to hold the grub screw in. I had it in test mode and had it moving around until I found the left/right sweet spot. I marked it with a sharpie on both parts so it could easily be tightened while staying aligned.

#4149 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Has anyone tried this replacement ball deflector?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8806
This one is curved compared to the original. I've only seen the straight (original design) replacements available up until this point. This may be irrelevant, but it's something that I just noticed, and I look at this crap a lot!

Interested to know if that works any better. I just removed mine on the weekend and put some foam at the back. I was getting so sick of the rejects.

243522AB-2536-4524-9F68-D592DE6EADC6 (resized).jpeg243522AB-2536-4524-9F68-D592DE6EADC6 (resized).jpeg

#4152 5 years ago

I also solved my issue where the ball jumps the left outlane rail.

I'd seen other people adding a rubber to the bottom of the rail but I didnt have one small enough to fit and allow the ball through.

Instead I had a couple of rubbers that you normally add to posts. They hold well and slow the ball enough so it doesn't want to bounce out.
I'll add a picture when I remember at home.

Edit : pic added

Might hunt around and see if I have a matching color paint. Would probably crack though :/

47F2CA66-482A-4ABE-88A8-B3CD0EEF0D2A (resized).jpeg47F2CA66-482A-4ABE-88A8-B3CD0EEF0D2A (resized).jpeg

#4156 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'd choose black / orange / yellow rubber over white in that location, less noticeable in my opinion.

Its just what I had on hand in my parts box

#4159 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is anyone really good with photoshop? I would really like an apron for IJ in the style of JJP. So not the cards but as one. See example. Or does soembody know where to obtain such thing?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I assume because of this post ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/2#post-4072832 ) that he didn't end up being able to make them?

2 months later
#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, appears the power resets are flipper related. I notice if I start whacking them esp at the same time it resets. Didn’t realized the flipper optos handled power as well and noticed when I swapped them I had improved left performance now so going to order 2x new ones.
Looks like I also have the Subway lock issue I’ve read about. I notice when I locks I tip the machine the ball gets freed up when the ball check rolls. So appears something is blocking the roll (a divot?) Gonna take it off and inspect it

Sounds like you need a wpc power fix.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1013-kahrus-circuits/00092-wpc-power-fix-daughterboard

9 months later
#5827 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

In my tests, the ball hitting the Jackpot plastic isn't that common, but I bent it back up a bit to give it some extra clearance.
I have tried moving the wire form as far left, right, and even centring it as much as possible to see if which, if any, configuration helps with the issue.
Turns out, I have just as many fly-outs regardless of where it's placed. I had fewer fly-outs before I cleaned and waxed the playfield last week, which seems to have sped up the ball just enough to exacerbate the issue.
I'm considering strategically placing some foam at the top of the ramp to slow it down, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with this, and what they did to minimize it.

foam is the answer for it flying off the rails after the shot is made. There was a post in this thread from years ago where it was suggested to me so not my original idea

FC443CF7-29A4-4F0F-8644-3835F8014D9B (resized).jpegFC443CF7-29A4-4F0F-8644-3835F8014D9B (resized).jpeg

Even with that size block the ball is still decently fast and you can't see with your eye that it is slowing down.

I have a small piece on the right ramp but I don't recall what specific problem i solved with that one as it is on the way up the ramp and not down.

edit: and i see you've already solved it. lol.

3 months later
#6344 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Not sure why ... but all this bending has made me want to take a nap
[quoted image]

Taking this to the extreme what would the "perfect" shape be?

As the ball only touches a single point my guess is a 3 dimensional parabola with a focus point that is below the playfield and into the saucer?
The shape would be similar to the inside of a headlight. That way regardless of where the ball hits it would go in?

Exclude any areas that the ball cant physically hit due to the side rails and top plastic and you'd probably have a curved sheet.

#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Interesting thought. I guess with narrowing the shot entrance and with the assumption that the ball won't be airborne reduces the possible impact zone of the ball such that designers were able to use a flat deflector. Regardless of the deflector shape, one of the challenges is then absorbing the momentum of the ball for it stay in the saucer and not bounce out - I think the position of the IJ saucer such that it can be hit with a full blooded strike from the right flipper is why this particular deflector has been an issue over the years.

"f$^k saucers ... we're using a scoop!" - every manufacturer since.

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Marcospecialties or k's arcade.
Stay away from the homepin opto boards, they don't work.

Just DOA or something else? I have a set and they worked fine.

5 months later
#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

That’s sketchy for sure, who would do that?

From a google/pinside search

Quoted from Brainscan:

"If I recall correctly, machines from this era were limited to regional distribution. They were marked by barcodes, UV Inks, etc. So this could have been an attempt by an operator to cover up the ID for a machine outside of his region. *I believe there's a thread about this on Pinside"

also

Quoted from LTG:

They often get removed in Europe, to prevent distributors from learning who is selling games in their territory.

LTG

3 weeks later
#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is the ball bouncing over the wire guide b/n the return and outlanes? You could try gently lifting the wire guide
The other thing to try to moving the wireform, loosen the slingshot nut that holds it in position and move the wireform slightly left towards the outlane - this will change the position where the ball drops and the angle it needs to bounce over the wire guide. Sometime a ball will also spin up out of the return lane and into the outlane, moving the wireform can help this issue as well.
If they don't work, take a slo-mo video of it happening - this will give you (and us) a better understanding of what is happening

I've also got the two different fixes you've seen that i've done on mine.

Two things.
1. A little foam at the top. This slows the ball so the return isn't as fast.
2. A couple of small rubber post stops on the ends of the wireguide. This acts like a rubber ramp stops on stern plastic ramps. The ball if travelling too fast will hit them and slow down. As a secondary effect is makes the gap smaller.

Makes repeated ramp shots really fast.

AC76F126-9CAC-4068-ACB4-C4182D889870 (resized).jpegAC76F126-9CAC-4068-ACB4-C4182D889870 (resized).jpeg47C49239-5B5C-4564-8508-D285BFF96C0C (resized).jpeg47C49239-5B5C-4564-8508-D285BFF96C0C (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#8269 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

If I don't hear from you within 48 hours I need to bump you to the bottom of the list.

Oh god, I’m going to have to make sure I log in daily!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=koops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.