Topic Stats

• 4,825 posts
  • 396 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,599 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg
46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg
90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg
A267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4928 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPG
F31487F9-02AD-4737-B2A3-AB998BA7D075 (resized).jpeg
53A4A204-328D-46E2-B5D5-AA7C42AAC962 (resized).jpeg
CCCAA565-3D31-4435-A8E5-995C2FDEF470 (resized).jpeg
E84F67CD-4DB5-49C8-9E0B-2070B4E339A1 (resized).jpeg
40CB038B-2C28-40D1-B42B-33F8E983F435 (resized).jpeg
821AD53A-1D2B-4FB1-8EC6-3BD538802C40 (resized).jpeg
3AEC8BA3-3787-4F03-A4EE-5A774FC4E4C1 (resized).jpeg
9930169A-8F2B-4C8F-9BEF-79EF26A4A991 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4778 (resized).JPG
DSCN4780 (resized).JPG

There are 4825 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 97.
#701 4 years ago

Spent Friday night and Saturday morning installing the lost plastic with the Pinbits board and their plastic protector set. (Thanks Pam for the fast shipping and adding the forstner bit. That was very helpful...). Pretty much remove the whole back section to get the back off to install it: all ramps, POA, etc. Great excuse to clean back there but it already clean. At least I can say I put some fresh wax down.

Looks great and like everyone says you need to fine tune the locking pin for the POA to have it working consistently and not getting bound up due to the plastic thickness. Added some frosted warm whites to the GI at the back areas and Pinbits rope bridge light board.

image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg

image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg

#702 4 years ago

I've seen another restore thread and a youtube cabinet decal install video specifically for IJ that cited the alignment issue with the decals.

#703 4 years ago

My IJ is for sale. I must leave the club for now.

Here is the ad:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-wms-indiana-jones-york-pa

#704 4 years ago

Does anyone know of a good link for IJ apron cards? I'm not seeing too much that's appealing to me, or that prints out in the right proportion.

#705 4 years ago

I just see that in the German forum:
http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=160945
Its that a repro? Someone know something about?

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Does anyone know of a good link for IJ apron cards? I'm not seeing too much that's appealing to me, or that prints out in the right proportion.

I got these from google. ibaQGIzkFXzrU4.jpgigYifRodh8wbs.jpgibmsnxmQAs3KK8.jpgicbAydmiSgVFO.jpg

I like them, you can also create your own, size in cm is 10x15. If you use some thicker paper and a nice laserprinter, them come out fine.

#707 4 years ago

Hoping a fellow IJ owner can help me out with details of the backbox flashers for IJ.
I need a photo of the back of the backbox light board.
And also a list of which coloured wires go to each flasher (only the black light fittings). There should only be a few flashers.
There will always be one red wire and another multi colour wire connecting each flasher. I only need the multi coloured wire colour.
For example:
Top left flasher = blue/brown
Middle Left flasher = Black yellow
etc etc.
Thanks in advance.

#708 4 years ago

On mine, the ones across the top are all connected with a Blue/Green wire. With one exception. The third one from the left (on top row) has a black wire that connects it to the flasher socket that's in the center. The center one is covered by the chart, in my photo.

Looking from the back,
Left Top - Black/White
Left Bottom - Blue/Red
Right Top - Blue/Orange
Right Bottom - Brown/White
Bottom Row - Black/Yellow

ij_backbox_lights.jpg

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

On mine, the ones across the top are all connected with a Blue/Green wire.
Looking from the back,
Left Top - Black/White
Left Bottom - Blue/Red
Right Top - Blue/Red
Right Bottom - Brown/White
Bottom Row - Black/Yellow

ij_backbox_lights.jpg

TrainH20, you are a champion!!!! If I could give your post 20 up votes I would. Thanks so much!

Pinside at work.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

TrainH20, you are a champion!!!! If I could give your post 20 up votes I would. Thanks so much!
Pinside at work.

I had to make an edit. Be sure to re read my post.

Sorry.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I had to make an edit. Be sure to re read my post.
Sorry.

Got it - thanks again.

Hate to be a pain, but is it possible:

"Left Bottom - Blue/Red
Right Top - Blue/Red"

One of these could be Blue/Orange?

And is it possible the All black wire (connecting the middle and middle top) could be Black/Brown?

That would fit with the Driver Board schematics in my manual.

#712 4 years ago

The right top could be Blue/Orange. It's a bit hard to tell.

As for the Black, mines Black. Maybe it's a "Friday afternoon and we want to get out of here special edition".

Follow your manual's color scheme.

#713 4 years ago

I'm in! Can anyone recommend any particular playfield decals? Lots of different ones out there.

#714 4 years ago

How many owners are running incandescents in their IJ? I currently have LED's, but I'm thinking of going back for this game.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

How many owners are running incandescents in their IJ? I currently have LED's, but I'm thinking of going back for this game.

I run incandescents, just think it fits the theme more. The warm yellow glow fits the 30's theme of Indiana Jones.
Other pins are almost All led.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'll start. I hated this game for years, due to playing crappy on location games. Years later, I played a perfect one at a collector's house and realized how awesome it is.
Has anyone actually gotten all 12 of the modes in one game? I've never even come close...

I almost did ELM twice in one amazing game. Scored like 2.9 billion, and had Eternal Life multiball lit again when I lost the last ball. Took a picture because I couldn't believe I did it, and I have to clear the HS board every so often so the kids don't get discouraged. Wanted a record of that one!

#717 4 years ago

Can anyone please provide a correct explanation of the single drop/captive ball game play behavior.

I have checked switches and coils for the target as it seems to be stuck and I am not sure if it is behaving as expected OR something else isn't working. Random things seem to activate it's normal award (pop bumpers/shooting a new ball/even pulling the gun trigger).

When the single drop is up and it is hit it triggers the DMD crushed/collapsing idol animation.
After this when is it supposed to reset? What is the correct trigger?
When should the captive ball be exposed? Only while the flashing arrow is on?

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Can anyone please provide a correct explanation of the single drop/captive ball game play behavior.
I have checked switches and coils for the target as it seems to be stuck and I am not sure if it is behaving as expected OR something else isn't working. Random things seem to activate it's normal award (pop bumpers/shooting a new ball/even pulling the gun trigger).
When the single drop is up and it is hit it triggers the DMD crushed/collapsing idol animation.
After this when is it supposed to reset? What is the correct trigger?
When should the captive ball be exposed? Only while the flashing arrow is on?

From memory, 3 hits of the drop will activate the captive ball for multi ball (each hit will play the crumbling idol animation). The drop will re-set after each hit. When it gets to the 3rd hit, it stays down to expose the captive ball. The green arrow lights. When you hit the captive ball (all the way to the top) it starts a multi ball. The drop stays down during the multi ball for "jackpots". Resets again after the multiball and repeats above.

Pretty sure there is another mode where the drop stays down and you hit the captive ball for points.

#719 4 years ago

Excellent thanks! Now to diagnose why its not coming back up. Between shots.

#720 4 years ago

There's a switch on the drop target mechanism that registers when the target drops. If it's broken it won't reset after being hit. Happened to my WOZ and the switch had actually fallen off. Do a switch test and push the drop target down to see if it registers.

But not sure why you're getting those other random issues associated with it. Maybe something to do with the switch matrix, but that's for someone with more tech experience than me.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Excellent thanks! Now to diagnose why its not coming back up. Between shots.

As Coocked71 mentioned, check that switch, but also all cables connected to the switch in that same column in the matrix. One loose cable can trigger multiple events. Happened to me once with the 'adventure' targets.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I have a mix of incandescent and LEDs in the backbox. Going full LEDs in the backbox looks strange to me. The character insets look don't look as good with LEDs either.

I tried a variety of different LEDs for GI and haven't found one that I like. I do have LEDs in the red inserts, and am ordering a few green ones to try out.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I have a mix of incandescent and LEDs in the backbox. Going full LEDs in the backbox looks strange to me. The character insets look don't look as good with LEDs either.
I tried a variety of different LEDs for GI and haven't found one that I like. I do have LEDs in the red inserts, and am ordering a few green ones to try out.

I recently did my IJ in LEDs and going into it I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I was very pleasantly surprised. I ordered a bunch of lamps from Art at Comet and had planned on using warm whites predominately on it and it came out just like I imagined it. I did doe some color matching on the inserts. As you pointed out, the only inserts that look off are the character face ones. What I've found is that is more due to the brightness than the color of warm whites. Nothing that the LED OCD board can't handle. The only part of the game that I haven't LED'd yes is the Path of Adventure. I'm going to wait until I tear apart the entire game to do it.

One thing for certain though. The ultimate upgrade for IJ's is getting a Pinsound card and new speakers. Oh my, what a difference! Movie quality John Williams soundtrack, Ben Burtt sound effects, and actual voice call outs from the films... HEAVEN.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I recently did my IJ in LEDs and going into it I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I was very pleasantly surprised. I ordered a bunch of lamps from Art at Comet and had planned on using warm whites predominately on it and it came out just like I imagined it. I did doe some color matching on the inserts. As you pointed out, the only inserts that look off are the character face ones. What I've found is that is more due to the brightness than the color of warm whites. Nothing that the LED OCD board can't handle. The only part of the game that I haven't LED'd yes is the Path of Adventure. I'm going to wait until I tear apart the entire game to do it.
One thing for certain though. The ultimate upgrade for IJ's is getting a Pinsound card and new speakers. Oh my, what a difference! Movie quality John Williams soundtrack, Ben Burtt sound effects, and actual voice call outs from the films... HEAVEN.

I ordered the pinsound. What kind of speaker upgrade did you use?

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I used these on the face inserts and it came out well... warm white.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm

Currently I have POA yellow inserts remaining as incandescent also. Last thing I'd like to tweak is to get some natural white flex for the green adventure inserts.

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I ordered the pinsound. What kind of speaker upgrade did you use?

Flipper Fidelity's Pinsound kit (same speakers normally offered; but, minus the crossover as you can set it on the board).

Quoted from MMP:

Currently I have POA yellow inserts remaining as incandescent also. Last thing I'd like to tweak is to get some natural white flex for the green adventure inserts.

Yeah, the POA is a PIA to get to the lamps. I had the damn thing off the playfield this weekend (to take the mode start plate off and put in foam) and I started to try to take it apart to put the LED's in and said screw it... I want to play.

#727 3 years ago

Joined the club a few weeks ago and bought from another great Pinsider here. Did a few things like the lost plastic and Pinbits light kit for it as well as the Marco jackpot board.

Yes, that poor high score is the best I've done since having it.

image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg

#728 3 years ago

FINALLY...I made it to Eternal Life Multiball! Was an absolutely epic game, as I had never ever gotten close before. I did have to do a one-ball buy in at the end, BUT I had one ball where the game tilted on me for zero reason - I literally was not even touching the machine - so I feel that was fair.

The coolest thing was that my 10-year old son, who has never really had any interest in pinball sadly, was very interested tonight before I was anywhere close to ELM. He actually started playing around with my phone, shooting videos, which again, he never does. He caught the entire build up on my phone - getting it lit, me draining ball three, falling on the ground pounding my fists in anger (seriously), and then hearing the "buy in" music, jumping up and hitting that button, and yes, finally getting to it. Was a truly magical night. Would have been nowhere near as cool if my buddy wasn't right there by my side!

#729 3 years ago

Yes but did you beat it?

QSS

#730 3 years ago

Nope! Didn't even come close. Gives me something to look strive for!

#731 3 years ago

That's a good father-son pinball story there, RDReynolds.

BTW, while we are in IJ Club, I have a related question... who here completed Eternal Life Multiball and got awarded 1 billion point (with glass on, of course )

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

BTW, while we are in IJ Club, I have a related question... who here completed Eternal Life Multiball and got awarded 1 billion point (with glass on, of course )

not even close, high score up to day is 1.500.000. But one day..........that keeps me going.

#733 3 years ago

My best is 2.093 billion and I think two swithes on PoA away from getting 1 billion award.
Really hard to do it... but as you said.... one day... ;D

#734 3 years ago

Great story RDReynolds. I just had something similar happen to me with my Twilight Zone last week. My Pinsound cards arrived and I put them into IJ, SWDE, and TZ. I haven't come close to an "epic" game on either Indy or TZ since owning them. I was playing around with the Granner remix on TZ and then switched over to the VERY awesome re-orchestration of the original audio and on my second game I bit 1.4 billion and I'm one Clock Chaos away from LitZ. It's weird how great games just come out of nowhere and everything clicks. I honestly feel I've been playing both IJ and TZ better since I got the Pinsound cards in and wonder if it's just because the help shut my brain off and play since I'm focusing more on the audio.

One thing's for certain - neither IJ or TZ will ever leave my collection now.

I think I'll spend some quality time with Indy this weekend.

#735 3 years ago

I've been to ELM twice and both times I had a couple of switches left on the POA....... so sad,...... so sad

QSS

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

who here completed Eternal Life Multiball and got awarded 1 billion point (with glass on, of course )

I have only once. For me, the POA is usually the hardest thing to get. I try to shoot for it first, even though I let a lot of balls go down the drain.

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

After watching Bowens tutorial on IJ the other day it pumped me up to play mine, I got to ELMB and beat it. Second time doing it. POA is the hardest part, so during the first 30 seconds when ball save is on, I concentrate only on POA. ended with 2.4 billion.

#738 3 years ago

been wanting this for awhile now and finally pull the trigger on a fully restored IJ. Cant wait for the delivery. How are the speakers on this machine? Did you guys keep it stock or change it? Color dmd is probably the first mod to go in. Would also like to get the wire ramps plated if the price and turnaround time is reasonable. How much time and money should I be looking at? Can someone point me to right direction where I can get it done?

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

I got to ELMB and beat it. Second time doing it.

la di freakin da.jpg
JK, nice job.

QSS

#740 3 years ago

I'm in!

Just picked up an IJ on Sunday. Nearly 14 hours round trip. I've got it sitting right next to my STTNG. These were the two pins I wanted more than any others when I first got into this hobby back in 2001. Still need to get some pics. Mine is faded but came with a full decal set. Now I just need to find time to do them (after I play it for a bit).

Edit.....Quick Pic:

WP_20151027_21_10_23_Pro.jpg

I plan on putting on the new cabinet decals and having the trim and legs custom powder coated. I was thinking about doing the trim and legs in a metallic bronze?

#741 3 years ago

I just picked up an IJ slot topper for my Stern Indy. Even though I know this is the "other" IJ pin I thought I remember a few pics on pinside how someone mounted it on their pin. Anyone have a IJ slot tipper they mounted. Gonna add LED lights to light it up.

#742 3 years ago

My topper has arrived and competes my wide body section. Thanks, looks great. image.jpg

#743 3 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions to fixing an issue I have with the left wire guide coming from the left ramp?

I've just cleaned and waxed by playfield and as such its playing super fast, ball is getting heaps of spin etc. The down side is that when I hit the left ramp at speed the ball travels so fast down the ramp that it almost always drains into the far left drain lane. The fix would seem to be that I need a higher playfield wireguide or some other way to block the ball.

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

My topper has arrived and competes my wide body section. Thanks, looks great. image.jpg

My topper came yesterday. Looks fantastic.

#745 3 years ago

mine is just the plastic from the slot machine. I need to build a holder.

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Does anyone have any suggestions to fixing an issue I have with the left wire guide coming from the left ramp?
I've just cleaned and waxed by playfield and as such its playing super fast, ball is getting heaps of spin etc. The down side is that when I hit the left ramp at speed the ball travels so fast down the ramp that it almost always drains into the far left drain lane. The fix would seem to be that I need a higher playfield wireguide or some other way to block the ball.

I slightly bent the right side edge of the left metal ramp and now have a very small percentage of balls flying off. Pair of pliers did the trick right where the ramp edge wall and wireform meet.

Would be cool though to have a 360 wireform mod for that area.

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I slightly bent the right side edge of the left metal ramp and now have a very small percentage of balls flying off. Pair of pliers did the trick right where the ramp edge wall and wireform meet.
Would be cool though to have a 360 wireform mod for that area.

I think my issue is slightly different. You are talking about it coming off right at the start or mid rail? I've seen that occasionally but not as much as what i getting now. What i'm talking about is where it drops down back to the playfield. Here is a pic (not mine) http://i.imgur.com/DqR5RcE.png

It can come off at an angle and skip over the playfield based wireform.

I had a game last night in which the only time I lost a ball was due to it jumping the wire. Sometimes it will trigger the eternal life reshoot, probably due to a drain switch being triggered so quickly after an upper playfield switch.

#748 3 years ago

Anyone here interested in trading for my Elvis 2004 machine?

#749 3 years ago

I'd trade for your WOZ. Ed

#750 3 years ago

Gotta keep the WOZ.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Woodbury, MN
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
There are 4825 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 97.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside