20240309_142957 (resized).jpg
20240309_143029 (resized).jpg
20240309_143041 (resized).jpg
20240309_143117 (resized).jpg
20240309_143149 (resized).jpg
20240309_143204 (resized).jpg
20240309_143242 (resized).jpg
20240309_143236 (resized).jpg

There are 11,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 231.
#751 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I think my issue is slightly different. You are talking about it coming off right at the start or mid rail? I've seen that occasionally but not as much as what i getting now. What i'm talking about is where it drops down back to the playfield. Here is a pic (not mine) http://i.imgur.com/DqR5RcE.png
It can come off at an angle and skip over the playfield based wireform.
I had a game last night in which the only time I lost a ball was due to it jumping the wire. Sometimes it will trigger the eternal life reshoot, probably due to a drain switch being triggered so quickly after an upper playfield switch.

Yes that does sound different... I had pictured it flying off from the top, as mine used to land in the center of the playfield.

2 weeks later
#752 8 years ago

I was asked by another Pinsider for some photos of my BF109 and biplane LED job, so here goes. Note you can't see any of this when playing.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg
image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg
image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

4 weeks later
#753 8 years ago

I don't have any photos yet, have been playing it too much tonight to take photos, but my IJ came home today. This has been my "grail" pin for about 18 years. Finally got one.

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

I don't have any photos yet, have been playing it too much tonight to take photos, but my IJ came home today. This has been my "grail" pin for about 18 years. Finally got one.

enjoy! You have chosen wisely...

#755 8 years ago

Congrats kronlar. Definitely a crowd pleaser.

#756 8 years ago

Just bought my first two pins, IJ and TAF. Love them both, bought them both from great insiders. Question on Indy. I just cleaned the play field to get ready to wax, and noticed the play field around the three drop targets is pretty worn, moreso behind them, but also some wear in the front.

Not wanting this to get worse, is there a simple to install protector that someone can recommend?

Thanks!

Carl

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Not wanting this to get worse, is there a simple to install protector that someone can recommend?
Thanks!
Carl

It's a common wear area. Cliffy makes a protector for it that makes the area look great and protects it from wearing more. http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

IJ_3drop_slot_protector800_(resized).JPGIJ_3drop_slot_protector800_(resized).JPG

#758 8 years ago

Canea - thanks!

Also, the high scores on the machine seem to be fake. There is someone with exactly 500,000,000, someone at 450,000,000 (exactly), etc... I reset the high scores via "reset H.S.T.D), and it only removed the 4th best score, which was like 317,862.350. The other numbers remain (550k, 400k, 350k.... This seems to me to be an original factory setting that I would love to reset and have my family's actual scores be the high scores on display.

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

This seems to me to be an original factory setting that I would love to reset and have my family's actual scores be the high scores on display.

Those are the original high score defaults. You can change each one of those to whatever you want (including 00 so all you have to do is plunge the ball to get a high score if you like), with H.S.T.D. adjustments A4 10-14, the backup high scores. After you change those to what you want, you will still have to reset all the high scores one more time with reset H.S.TD. to see your new backup high scores displayed instead of the defaults.

#760 8 years ago

First, Canea - thanks so much for the tips and help!

Couple of other questions for the club -

1) The game has a button below the start button on the front, labeled "Super Ball", that allows someone to add a ball to a game that is finished. Does anyone know how to disable this? I have read the manual end to end and scoured the internet, struck out.

2) When the ball drops down from the left loop (which is common after hitting the pop numbers and exiting left) the ball drops down and 19 out of 20 times it hits and activates the left slingshot bumper). The other 1 out of 20 it skims the slingshot number and makes it's way to the left flipper. Is this typical or normal for others?

Thanks in advance!

#761 8 years ago

Normal, that's what mine does.

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

1) The game has a button below the start button on the front, labeled "Super Ball", that allows someone to add a ball to a game that is finished. Does anyone know how to disable this? I have read the manual end to end and scoured the internet, struck out.

It's pretty easy, actually. (I'm not in front of my machine, now, btw...) It's in the menu, I think under the feature adjustments menu. There's a setting for disabling a buy-in. That may be causing your confusion because the menu may call it something different than what the button says.

#763 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

First, Canea - thanks so much for the tips and help!
Couple of other questions for the club -

Feature adjustments..#31..set to off.

#764 8 years ago

Thanks for getting my back, Scotty! And I'll be in Kauai the last week of August (everything's booked already!), so I'm looking forward to meeting you and exploring parts of the island we've never seen before...in our previous 17 visits!

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for getting my back, Scotty! And I'll be in Kauai the last week of August (everything's booked already!), so I'm looking forward to meeting you and exploring parts of the island we've never seen before...in our previous 17 visits!

see you then. 7 pins and counting in brewery. Water will be nice in Aug.

#766 8 years ago

We will be in Hawaii at the end of March/early April!

Unfortunately we won't be on Kauai

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

if you repair pins, ill fly you over for a couple days of sightseeing and maintenance.

#768 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Your loss. Best island in the chain...if you can sneak it in, you won't regret it.

And hey!...it's got Scotty!

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

if you repair pins, ill fly you over for a couple days of sightseeing and maintenance.

If you let me know what you need done before I come out, I can try to come prepared.

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you let me know what you need done before I come out, I can try to come prepared.

we'll see what breaks down by then. You can give us the fix it 101 class at minimum. thanks

#771 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

I do, but I'm no speedy gonzalas. Plus I'm going to be there with my family of four plus three additional kids (friends of our kids). Many years ago I went diving off Kauai....it was amazing.

#772 8 years ago

Got my hardware back from Mike. Decided to go two toned with the shooter and coin door being chrome...rest is brass. Extremely happy with the results.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#773 8 years ago

Beautiful, and a Metallica to boot. 2 of my top five right there.

Mind if I ask where you got the IJ topper from, it is really nice as well.

#774 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Beautiful, and a Metallica to boot. 2 of my top five right there.
Mind if I ask where you got the IJ topper from, it is really nice as well.

http://www.tilttopper.com/

#775 8 years ago

Hi guys,
I love my IJ and finally broke down and bought the lighted jackpot mod for the backbox. Got it installed and realized I have NO idea what its supposed to do. It lights up and blinks for show, but in terms of giving me actual in-game info, I'm at a loss. Maybe I'm not perfectly familiar with the game rules?

It starts the game with Grail lit solidly. Then at some point I find the ark blinking with grail still lit. Doesn't seem to coincide with any way I understand what's going on. Anyone have a firm instruction set that blends this original feature back into the normal game instructions? I'd love to understand what its telling me. Which jackpots does it represent? Is each light lit when I knock down the three drops and hit the middle shot? (doesn't seem to, but that's what I thought it did). Help!

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi guys,
I love my IJ and finally broke down and bought the lighted jackpot mod for the backbox. Got it installed and realized I have NO idea what its supposed to do. It lights up and blinks for show, but in terms of giving me actual in-game info, I'm at a loss. Maybe I'm not perfectly familiar with the game rules?
It starts the game with Grail lit solidly. Then at some point I find the ark blinking with grail still lit. Doesn't seem to coincide with any way I understand what's going on. Anyone have a firm instruction set that blends this original feature back into the normal game instructions? I'd love to understand what its telling me. Which jackpots does it represent? Is each light lit when I knock down the three drops and hit the middle shot? (doesn't seem to, but that's what I thought it did). Help!

The jackpot lights correspond to the same jackpot inserts in the middle of the playfield. When you complete the three jackpots during the main multiball, you "collect" the three treasures in order, which then lights super jackpot. The backbox mod shows you at quick glance what you've collected so far (as if looking at the playfield didn't accomplish the same thing...probably why they took it out of the production IJs).

Hope that helps.

#777 8 years ago

I really think mine isn't working then. It starts with grail lit right from the first ball.

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I really think mine isn't working then. It starts with grail lit right from the first ball.

Nope. Shouldn't light until you earn it. Where did you get yours from, and what did you hook it up to?

#779 8 years ago

Got it from pinsider galactimus.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/28527

Seems like a good guy, but to be frank, it wasn't a great product. Few of the t-nuts lined up with my original. I had to fudge quite a few things.

Going to get a few more plays tonight to make sure I'm not making all this up. Thanks boob

#780 8 years ago

I hooked it to the two connectors suggested I other threads (136 and 138?). Anyway, I'll go look again. But the weird thing was one of the recommended connectors already had a plug in it. But that connector only had a single red wire coming out of it. I'll snap a pic of my current setup.

#781 8 years ago

#782 8 years ago

Ok. I got into the lamp tests. Bizarrely, when ark is lit on playfield, it's lit on backboard mod. Not so on stones and Grail. Test couldn't make them light...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#783 8 years ago

Rebooted and got Grail and stones blinking to start. Gig. Possibly defective board?

#784 8 years ago

Sent you a PM. But the picture you show and the one he shows in the ad look different. Are the lights three sockets on a piece of wood, or is it a PCB light board?

The one I referred to in the PM were on a piece of wood.

#785 8 years ago

I am having intermittent problems with Indy, and all of the issues are in Row 1, which corresponds to J209, or U18 being the culprit. I am interested to see if there is a consensus of which one is the more likely culprit before I begin getting the parts together. Thoughts? Thanks Bill C

1 week later
#786 8 years ago

Picked up a really nice IJ last week, plays great. One issue I have is the flippers are very strong for the ramps, balls fly off them, mainly the right flipper hitting the left ramp. Common? Is there a fix for this? Previous owner said he had rebuilt the flippers not long ago. The coils used are fl15411 (left) and fl11629 (right). The fl11629 looks much bigger.

Thx

#787 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Picked up a really nice IJ last week, plays great. One issue I have is the flippers are very strong for the ramps, balls fly off them, mainly the right flipper hitting the left ramp. Common? Is there a fix for this? Previous owner said he had rebuilt the flippers not long ago. The coils used are fl15411 (left) and fl11629 (right). The fl11629 looks much bigger.
Thx

Seems to be very common on IJ. Try a little higher playfield angle....that seemed to reduce my "fly offs". I noticed that the software even compensates for this by kicking out another ball if you lose one from a fly off....so they knew it was an issue.

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Seems to be very common on IJ. Try a little higher playfield angle....that seemed to reduce my "fly offs". I noticed that the software even compensates for this by kicking out another ball if you lose one from a fly off....so they knew it was an issue.

Thx, I'm at 7 degrees pitch, that's high enough. I ordered 11630 coils so will see what happens. I'll report back

#789 8 years ago

Bear with me, total newbie questions here....

I love my IJ! I have a newer switch error, 45 Center Enter UP. It is an Opto switch. I cannot get it to fire. I am also noticing some odd behavior around occasionally two balls on play field, or two balls in shooter, etc...

I would love to know any advice....

I have a friend coming over to help. He said it could be the receiver, a solder joint, or a bad switch. We are going to work on getting switch 45 functional. I have read in several places that the vibrations caused by that ball trough can cause several different types of issues.

Questions - is my plan sound? Would you do anything else while I am troubleshooting and potentially replacing switch 45?

Thanks!

#790 8 years ago

Have you cleaned the opto switch? Sometimes it's that simple.

#791 8 years ago

Thanks, I will do that when I am in the machine with my friend for sure, and try that first.

I am hoping that getting this switch functioning properly solves the things we are seeing with the idol getting confused and sending a second ball into he playfield at times.

I have also read about a vibration reducer that can be put in the trough, contemplating that.

Carl

#792 8 years ago

FS: New set of IJ cabinet decals I bought and never installed in the marketplace. I originally purchased them from Bay Area Amusements.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/28668

#793 8 years ago

I put a set of those on my machine. Love them.

#794 8 years ago

Two questions:

1. I replaced the flipper coils from 11629 to 11630 and it made a big difference in terms of power (no longer feels like stuff on the playfield is going to break), but I still have balls flying off the left ramp periodically after the turn, flies into the plane. Is there any adjustment to make, or barrier to put long the right side of the ramp?

2. At the path of adventure, the ball wants to go left 90% of the time. I've pulled the POA it forward as far as it will go, but still tends to go left. Is the default setting of the POA level or should it maybe lean a little right? Any other adjustments for the POA?

Thanks

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Two questions:
1. I replaced the flipper coils from 11629 to 11630 and it made a big difference in terms of power (no longer feels like stuff on the playfield is going to break), but I still have balls flying off the left ramp periodically after the turn, flies into the plane. Is there any adjustment to make, or barrier to put long the right side of the ramp?
2. At the path of adventure, the ball wants to go left 90% of the time. I've pulled the POA it forward as far as it will go, but still tends to go left. Is the default setting of the POA level or should it maybe lean a little right? Any other adjustments for the POA?
Thanks

the biggest adjustment on the POA is actually the metal arm that the ball rolls against as it drops onto the POA. Bend it a little bit toward the front of the playfield and you'll get more action to the right.

#796 8 years ago

Just fixed it, I realigned the POA to lean it just a hair to the right, had my level fluctuating between 0 and 1, works much better.

Now to fix the balls coming off the ramp.

#797 8 years ago

I got my ramp airballs down quite a lot by very slightly bending the metal side ramp exit.

#798 8 years ago

Was able to fix the air balls by bending the wire forms slightly in two spots, see pics. Hit the ramp 10 times hard, didn't fall off once.

2016-01-17_12.36.13_(resized).jpg2016-01-17_12.36.13_(resized).jpg

2016-01-17_12.35.48_(resized).jpg2016-01-17_12.35.48_(resized).jpg

#799 8 years ago

the top of the left ramp looked empty so I found this snake at Michaels and added a spotlight to light him. I Think this is the same snake the guys are using for TOTAN skill shot. I suppose lighting up his eyes would make it better, but just wanted something quick to fill the space...maybe down the road I'll add a couple of LEDs in his eyes.

Snake_1_(resized).JPGSnake_1_(resized).JPG

#800 8 years ago

Hi All - I have been having an odd gameplay issue with my IJ, and I did some troubleshooting this morning, and I have a question for anyone who can help.

The odd gameplay thing I am seeing is that sometimes there are two balls in play, but the machine thinks there should only be one. Thus, when one drains, the game moves on to the next player (if play 2-4 player), while there is still a ball in play.

I really studied the game play and noticed something interesting, that I am hoping to get some feedback on. Here is what I observed today:

If there is a ball locked in the idol from the previous game, it stays in the IDOL after I press start for the next game. Then when the idol releases a ball into play during the game (with that elephant sound prior) it actually releases two balls into play, and again thinks there is only one.

If there is a ball locked in the idol from the previous game, and I reboot the machine prior the next game, the machine releases all locked balls out of the idol before I can hit start for a new game.

My theory here is that the idol is supposed to release all the balls at the end of a game, thereby having ZERO balls in the idol at the start of each game.

Can you anyone let me know how their machine works, or any other things to check, but this seems like a smoking gun to me.

Thank you!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,419.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 85.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
25,000 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 231.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.