20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 232.
#801 8 years ago

Sounds like you either have an idol opto issue or a ball trough switch issue.

When I turn my game on, the idol releases the ball(s). When I start a new game, balls stay in the idol.

#802 8 years ago

Here is the current state of my IJ.....getting prepped for new decals:

WP_20160124_13_28_36_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160124_13_28_36_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160123_19_15_42_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160123_19_15_42_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160123_15_52_29_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160123_15_52_29_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160116_21_26_03_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160116_21_26_03_Pro_(resized).jpg

#803 8 years ago

make sure your idol release balls at end of game feature is on, its somewhere in menu, i forgot where.

#804 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Here is the current state of my IJ.....getting prepped for new decals:
WP_20160124_13_28_36_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160123_19_15_42_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160123_15_52_29_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160116_21_26_03_Pro_(resized).jpg

Astropin,
Is that a heating plate you used to remove the decals?

#805 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Astropin,
Is that a heating plate you used to remove the decals?

Just a soldering station with a heat gun.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

make sure your idol release balls at end of game feature is on, its somewhere in menu, i forgot where.

Thanks for the idea! It took me a long time to find this feature on/off in the menu, but I did, and we will see if this prevents the issue from occurring. This being said, I also think others are correct that I have some opto issues in the path from the center enter through the idol release and everything in between.

#807 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Thanks for the idea! It took me a long time to find this feature on/off in the menu, but I did, and we will see if this prevents the issue from occurring. This being said, I also think others are correct that I have some opto issues in the path from the center enter through the idol release and everything in between.

I am having the same problem with an additional ball leaving the idol when only 1 should be put into play. I found one of the idol opto switches not working. Remember that opto switches are closed when the light from the transmitter is hitting the receiver i.e. they should be normally closed unless a ball is blocking it.

#808 8 years ago

Hi IJ club members. Just giving a direct shoutout to my ad for the jackpot light boards I'm selling. If anyone wants one, I have two to sell

#809 8 years ago

Well I've been distracted with work and playing GOT.....but it's slowly coming along.

WP_20160127_22_26_54_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160127_22_26_54_Pro_(resized).jpg

#810 8 years ago

Beautiful. Did your red lines not line up on the left front of the cab or was that just my set of decals?

#811 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Beautiful. Did your red lines not line up on the left front of the cab or was that just my set of decals?

I would say that they do not line up perfectly.....but not off enough to really stand out.

#812 8 years ago

Can anyone give me tips on how to play the POA? I can usually get 2 lights, but it's really hard. (Not rule tips, but actual playing tips.)

#813 8 years ago

I have the most trouble getting the first light on the right, ball mostly wants to go left.

#814 8 years ago

The POA can be a real PITA. It takes a lot of tweaking to get working right and even then it feels like it should tilt even more than it does. You have to time it just right to throw it across to the other side without hitting a hole.

#815 8 years ago

You have to start the POA table moving in the direction you want the ball to go before you think you should, on mine anyway.

The worst is trying to get all those POA inserts during wizard mode. Uggggggggggggg.

#816 8 years ago

A little more progress. Side rails, lockdown and door back on; they were powder coated in a metallic bronze which really doesn't show up in the picture. It's nicer in person. The legs were also done in the same color.

WP_20160205_23_12_40_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160205_23_12_40_Pro_(resized).jpg

#817 8 years ago

Very very nice looking!

#818 8 years ago

That looks great

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can anyone give me tips on how to play the POA? I can usually get 2 lights, but it's really hard. (Not rule tips, but actual playing tips.)

I press the flipper button quite as soon as it touches the bumper prior to the direction I want it to go. It works most of the time for me.

Say for example you wanted to make the ball zig zag, as soon as the ball starts moving to the side you want it to go press again to pre-empt the next move. On my table i've found I need to do it early otherwise the momentum of the ball will carry it to the wrong side.

To make it fall into one of the holes I just press the button later than I would for a land change.

I suggest taking off your glass and throwing a few balls through it manually and you'd figure how your tables POA timing/balance pretty quickly.

#820 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A little more progress. Side rails, lockdown and door back on; they were powder coated in a metallic bronze which really doesn't show up in the picture. It's nicer in person. The legs were also done in the same color.
WP_20160205_23_12_40_Pro_(resized).jpg

Very nice.

Have you considered cabinet protectors ( http://www.johns-arcade.com/#!product-page/c1cs/237c0859-05c6-3b0c-ce9e-76af5bb8b0a8). The suggestion is to cut around and remove the decals that would be under them to stop the decals from becoming wrinkled when the legs go back on.

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Very nice.
Have you considered cabinet protectors ( http://www.johns-arcade.com/#!product-page/c1cs/237c0859-05c6-3b0c-ce9e-76af5bb8b0a8). The suggestion is to cut around and remove the decals that would be under them to stop the decals from becoming wrinkled when the legs go back on.

Already bought a set from Pinball Life. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

No need to cut around them either.....any tiny amount of wrinkling that might happen would be hidden by the legs anyway.

#822 8 years ago

I've got a single drop target question for you. Last night we had a huge party and Indy was a crowd favorite (of course) and got tons of play. Twice I had to retrieve a stuck ball from between the single drop target and the captive ball. I wasn't playing it so I have no idea what the circumstances were. I didn't have a chance to go back and lift the playfield today to investigate (woke up a bit late, then I watched a football game) but I'm guessing it is likely a mechanical issue-maybe the drop target mechanism popping back up after the shock of a captive ball area hit? Has this happened to any of you before? I was hoping for a head start on figuring it out since I have to wait until after work tomorrow to dive in and I know it will bug me all day. Cheers.

#823 8 years ago

Update: I got a chance to check out my single drop target situation last night and I think I found the issue. My game had one of the thin drop targets up there instead of the flush so it was possible to trap a ball in the slot when the target was down. Once the target pops back up the ball would get trapped behind it. I switched out one of the flush top drop targets from the 3 drop target bank (the far left one) with the skinny one up top. Now the ball has no way of getting trapped up there so I hope it solved it. Hard to tell seeing as how I never got a ball stuck up there myself in the two years that I've owned it, it took non-pinball people who don't, um, "shake" the machine around as much to recreate the problem.

#824 8 years ago

That metallic bronze powder coat looks amazing. Can you share ballpark
price it cost?

I need to find someone to PC my parts after seeing that.

Thanks

#825 8 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

That metallic bronze powder coat looks amazing. Can you share ballpark
price it cost?
I need to find someone to PC my parts after seeing that.
Thanks

I paid $165 for everything...legs, side trim, lockdown and coindoor.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#826 8 years ago

My orbit shots seem to rarely make it past the roll over lane area (seems like the ball spins out into the lane area). Anyone experience this, and how did you fix it?

#827 8 years ago

Never had that happen. Checked slope of playfield?

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

My orbit shots seem to rarely make it past the roll over lane area (seems like the ball spins out into the lane area). Anyone experience this, and how did you fix it?

Take the glass off and roll the ball through there.... see if it's catching on something.

#829 8 years ago

Check that the two little gates are working - it's not hitting one is it?

#830 8 years ago

The gates are opening fine. I've messed with the playfield slope, and don't see anything disrupting the ball.

#831 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Does your flipper feel weak? Can you make the ramp shots easily?

#832 8 years ago

Flippers feel fine. I can hit the ramps with gusto.

#833 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Well, take of the glass, clean the playfield (Superflip or wax) roll the ball thru there by hand, if that works, the flippers should also be able to do that if they are strong, but you already mentioned you can make the ramp shots.

Mine is so fast that sometimes you just can't hold the shot via the orbit.

#834 8 years ago

I love this pin. Hadn't given it a chance before but had to pick it up. Played the final multiball tonight and was 2 shots away from completing (of course POA).

IMG_1316_(resized).JPGIMG_1316_(resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#835 8 years ago

Anyone have a spare jackpot plastic they'd be willing to sell me? Mine is cracked, so would like to replace it when I install the set of plastic protectors I have.

Thanks!

#836 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love this pin. Hadn't given it a chance before but had to pick it up. Played the final multiball tonight and was 2 shots away from completing (of course POA).

IMG_1316_(resized).JPG

Just a great game - would probably be the last one to ever leave. It took a little bit to warm up to it, but it just never gets old. So many modes, and I think one of the best multiple-movie integration pinballs ever made, if not the best. Even the video modes are great. It's a masterpiece IMO.

#837 8 years ago

Masterpiece. Truly. Put a pinsound with stereo speakers. You feel like you are Indy. I love mine

#838 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

IMG_1316_(resized).JPG

You're no longer allowed to come to my house and play mine.

I've never completed more than 6 or 7 modes - nowhere near Eternal Life Multiball. I'm very jealous! This is my favorite game (as we've talked about), and I concur with the above post. Put in a Pinsound card and it'll transform the machine. You ARE invited to come hear what it sounds like at my house. But no touching the flippers.

#839 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're no longer allowed to come to my house and play mine.
I've never completed more than 6 or 7 modes - nowhere near Eternal Life Multiball. I'm very jealous! This is my favorite game (as we've talked about), and I concur with the above post. Put in a Pinsound card and it'll transform the machine. You ARE invited to come hear what it sounds like at my house. But no touching the flippers.

Flippers are for wusses. All points via nudging!

I will come over and show you how it's done. Just don't say goodbye in German.

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Masterpiece. Truly. Put a pinsound with stereo speakers. You feel like you are Indy. I love mine

What stereo speakers do you recommend. I already have the pinsound and cable to make it 2.1 but looking for an upgrade possibly DIY solution.

#841 8 years ago

Do stereo speakers with Pinsound make a noticeable difference? It sounds pretty good with the stock speakers to me!

#842 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Do stereo speakers with Pinsound make a native able difference? It sounds pretty good with the stock speakers to me!

I combined my Pinsound install with a speaker set from Flipper Fidelity and the sound is amazing! Definitely get a nice rumble from the new cabinet woofer. I replaced both at the same time though so I can't really compare Pinsound with stock vs replacement speakers.

#843 8 years ago

Just got this

IMG_4408_(resized).jpgIMG_4408_(resized).jpg

IMG_4405_(resized).jpgIMG_4405_(resized).jpg

IMG_4406_(resized).jpgIMG_4406_(resized).jpg

IMG_4407_(resized).jpgIMG_4407_(resized).jpg

#844 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I combined my Pinsound install with a speaker set from Flipper Fidelity and the sound is amazing! Definitely get a nice rumble from the new cabinet woofer. I replaced both at the same time though so I can't really compare Pinsound with stock vs replacement speakers.

What he said...

Upgrade the speakers and you'll hear what you're missing.

#845 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Just got this

IMG_4408_(resized).jpgIMG_4405_(resized).jpgIMG_4406_(resized).jpgIMG_4407_(resized).jpg

Let the adventure begin!!

#846 8 years ago

Back when I bought my first machine (2001) I made a short list of the games I wanted. STTNG was #1 and IJ was #2. I finally picked up a STTNG in 2012 and then IJ about 5 months ago. I would have to say that IJ has surpassed STTNG on my list.

#847 8 years ago

Ive got an issue with the idol ball lock i was hoping some of you might help me out with.

When a game starts and there are already 2 balls in the ball lock (from previous game) and you lock your first ball, instead of the ball lock letting 1 ball out, the gate stays open and lets 2 balls out as the idol rotates.

This causes a screwed up ball count and when 1 ball drains, it doesnt recognize the other in play, sometimes shoots 2 balls into shooter lane etc...

There are other instances even if there are no balls in ball lock at the beginning of the game, but fills during game, that when the lock is only supposed to let out 1 ball the gate stays open while idol rotates and lets out 2 balls.

Even when the lock operates correctly and it is filled with 3 balls for multiball, i believe the lock opens and closes for each ball individually ball it lets out, not stay open for 2 balls like im having issues with.

Wtf!?

This happens most of the time but not all of the time, so its not even consistent.

Should i be looking at the optos all along the subway to the ball lock, trough boards, or even the 10 opto board?

Trough boards were replaced with the new version about 4 years ago, all optos working in test, power driver board is a new rottendog, front right diode and switch is good under POA. Mechanicaly the ball gate is not getting stuck down by anything, unless it is somehow being magnetized longer than it should be for some reason.

Any thoughts on what this problem sounds like?

Thanks!

#848 8 years ago

More often than not it's a bad optical sensor. Either in the center shot were the ball enters the subway or in the idol itself. Check all of the switches and the optic sensors involved in the switch test mode. One or more of them isn't working properly.

#849 8 years ago

Thanks, im going to order some optos to replace the existing ones leading up to and at the idol. They checkout during test but maybe get flaky during gameplay. Ill try that and report back when i install them.

#850 8 years ago

Has anyone used these insert decals from classicarcades?
ebay.com link: Indiana Jones Pinball Machine Playfield Insert Decal Set Full COLOR UV Printed

Are they printed to exact size of existing decals (no scraping of original inserts needed)?

Have some insert wear I was thinking of using these on but wanted to see if these are recommended or if not other suggestions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Wanted
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 29.00
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.