AFBF4CD6-B7CB-49C4-AA61-CFBC5CC58BA5 (resized).jpeg
873063E5-AE10-4ACD-BE2B-27C3705178DC (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210925_160223 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211004_161733 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2A5367DD-87E5-40DC-806B-80B6D0F46FA8 (resized).jpeg
9E1EAE18-DEFB-48DB-A0D9-2F1E3C6AFA13 (resized).jpeg
E9B182E5-8B18-4989-8C4D-C86C7332D8D3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Let us use this virtual space to extoll the greatness that is Indiana Jones

#2 7 years ago

I'll start. I hated this game for years, due to playing crappy on location games. Years later, I played a perfect one at a collector's house and realized how awesome it is.

Has anyone actually gotten all 12 of the modes in one game? I've never even come close...

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Never got all 12 but I'm finally about to dive into fixing my start mode scoop so it will be more reliable. I still love the game, finally got over 1 Bil for the first time a few weeks back.

Let me know how that goes. I really need to tweak mine a bit as well, looking for the best way.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

IJ '93 is my one and only Pinball machine as of now! I love this machine - played in nearly 2K times.Looking into getting a TZ or MMR sometimes next year. Here are some pictures I took of mine for the thread!

Whoa! That's a beauty!

#36 7 years ago

Let's talk crazy bounces...as this machine (at least mine!) seems to supply 'em in bulk!

Just had one a bit ago that popped off the drop target in front of the captive ball that popped into a "You Cheat, Dr. Jones!" lock! Not even sure how that was physically possible. What wacky ones have you had?

#45 7 years ago

That's what mine look like. The left needs nudged up a bit, now that I look at the photo!

ijflippers.jpg
#46 7 years ago

Should also note that you CAN cradle on mine, but the ball has to be rolling pretty slowly to do it. I thought they designed it that way, but I could be wrong.

#49 7 years ago

Can anyone else confirm their IJ flipper set up is the same as ours?

1 month later
#85 7 years ago

Well of Souls is such a fantastic mode.

3 months later
#130 7 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Thanks. I was just playing some and I think I have another issue. When locking balling, it seems the idol will release a ball and then another ball comes out from the trough. I get too many balls in play and the game gets confused. Thoughts? Idol test using maintenance menu shows no issue. Is this a trough issue likely or idol optical problem?

Guessing it's a trough issue, which is a VERY common issue on these machines. Mine would have issue of launching extra balls until I replaced those boards.

3 months later
#165 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I've had my IJ since 2002 and have never seen the Frog video. I haven't ever completed the Mine Cart mode. Is there and end, or do you just run out of time?
I haven't ever gotten the medallion in the bar game, but I have gotten the extra ball many times.
Getting all 12 modes isn't too hard, but I have never gotten the 1 Billion points before.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who couldn't beat that cart mode! Any help here from the experts?

Also, what is everyone's strategy on this game? There are so many different ways to go...would be curious as to what folks' favorite ways to play are...

1 week later
#176 7 years ago

Cool on the medallion. I get that every once in a while. Have never been able to get the mine cart though.

On the plus side, I think these are some of the best vid modes in pinball. Way better than STTNG where I could beat the simulation every single time.

1 month later
#205 7 years ago

Finally beat the mine cart!!!!!! Still no frog tho.

2 weeks later
#236 7 years ago

Color DMD is amazing on IJ. If its a keeper for you, you need to get it trust me.

1 month later
#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

A 1993 game, still smarter than the ones they are making today

Funny you say that, as there's a similar issue on Avengers. The H drop target in Hulk can sometimes pop back up too fast and the ball pops back into the saucer in front of it. It will cycle over and over again until you either time a nudge or you get lucky and it pops out of the cycle.

Code literally needs to just hold the drop target for one second more before kicking back up. Stern has known of the issue for over a year, hasn't fixed it.

#306 6 years ago

Interesting. I will pass that along to anyone that has it, I sold mine a couple weeks ago to put in an IMVE.

1 month later
#332 6 years ago

HOLY CRAP! I want that in my machine for sure! Great work!!

As soon as this is ready, I'm in.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I'm very glad you like it. Get a Pinsound board preordered... They're selling fast! Mix will be ready in a few weeks

Looks like they are on preorder only? Is that correct?

#338 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for the info!

1 week later
#354 6 years ago

So really...how many folks have been able to start all 12 modes in one game? Really curious, as I never get close.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Yes
Only took me 21 years to figure it out lol

That's all you do? No special paths to choose?

#378 6 years ago

Yay!!! Got the frog! Thx guys!

2 weeks later
#389 6 years ago

Yep, IJ is an amazing game. Can't believe I used to hate this game!

1 week later
#434 6 years ago

That's correct it adds a ball so you can continue. I don't remember what the game says at the end but if you push it you should keep playing. Do you have it on free play? If not it's probably looking for credits.

#445 6 years ago

That post will lower for jackpot shots during multi-ball.

#452 6 years ago

Color DMD on IJ is stunning. I thought it was really good on my MB, but on IJ it is even better I think...

#461 6 years ago

Guessing that is probably a ROM issue.

2 weeks later
#477 6 years ago

Yep, I can tell you this solved my issues as well.

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

If I wanted to get a new trough, any recommendations? I'm about to try and find out why my Indy gets confused on multiball. I'm replacing the idol optos tomorrow.

Definitely try the plastic piece first. I bought a second trough and didn't need it.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Oke, now I have an issue to resolve:
- For some reason when getting "Quick Two Ball" Multiball awarded from Hand of Faith (bonus) the multiball won't start. Other bonuses are just awarded like they should.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Does it require you to hit the captive ball to start it? I can't remember...

3 months later
#562 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When you sneak the ball in behind the three standup targets. Shorty says "You cheat, Dr. Jones!" Hence the title of this thread.

I still giggle like a school girl every time I get that.

3 weeks later
#572 6 years ago

Congrats on the pick up. I got my IJ two years ago and it still feels like a new experience every time I play it.

1 month later
#658 6 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Well if you're selling roms with Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc's permission you could get more info about what you're selling!

John is one of this hobby's greatest assets. Trust me, if he doesn't know, odds are NO ONE knows. The update could be something incredibly minor; change a coin setting for Deutch Marks for instance. PPS likely doesn't know.

1 month later
#728 6 years ago

FINALLY...I made it to Eternal Life Multiball! Was an absolutely epic game, as I had never ever gotten close before. I did have to do a one-ball buy in at the end, BUT I had one ball where the game tilted on me for zero reason - I literally was not even touching the machine - so I feel that was fair.

The coolest thing was that my 10-year old son, who has never really had any interest in pinball sadly, was very interested tonight before I was anywhere close to ELM. He actually started playing around with my phone, shooting videos, which again, he never does. He caught the entire build up on my phone - getting it lit, me draining ball three, falling on the ground pounding my fists in anger (seriously), and then hearing the "buy in" music, jumping up and hitting that button, and yes, finally getting to it. Was a truly magical night. Would have been nowhere near as cool if my buddy wasn't right there by my side!

#730 6 years ago

Nope! Didn't even come close. Gives me something to look strive for!

5 months later
#853 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Back when I bought my first machine (2001) I made a short list of the games I wanted. STTNG was #1 and IJ was #2. I finally picked up a STTNG in 2012 and then IJ about 5 months ago. I would have to say that IJ has surpassed STTNG on my list.

I always wanted both as well. Wound up with two STTNGs, and sold them both. Miss neither of them. LOVE IJ. Think even at number 8 or wherever it's at on the Top 100 it's underrated.

1 month later
#934 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

John Wart's work is top notch.

Fact!

1 year later
#2023 4 years ago

Not sure if anyone has need, but I have a couple spare IJ trans. One is an original with a slight mark on Indy's cheek, the other is a high quality, super nice repro. Looking for $150 obo shipped for either of them in the USA.

PM me if interested.

IMG_0453 (resized).JPG
IMG_0454 (resized).JPG

8 months later
#3034 3 years ago

Spring cleaning, I found that I had a couple of IJ trans still here. I'm happy to sell them if anyone wants them. Price includes shipping in the good ol' US of A...

- Original, has a small scratch on Indy's right cheek - $150
- Repro, very nice condition - $125

2e3ab404bb64accbe8bcc4e71787c281220418aa.jpg

94444f1134d3ba51ae792fb93df01ed7ea0a1bcd.jpg

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you post a pic of the scratch please? Thanks

Yep here you go.

400B4CBB-9A23-454D-A307-8C2DAEB90620 (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#4307 2 years ago

Alas, it’s time for me to sell my IJ. This one plays better than any I’ve ever tried. HUO for the last 20 years. I’ll miss it for sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79110

#4310 2 years ago

It's a great game, and mine plays way better than most I've played. It's so funny, for years I didn't like this game at all...because I never played one that was working PROPERLY! Once I did, I was totally hooked!

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Your the OP, you can't leave the club!

Something tells me I'll be back some day.

9 months later
#5327 1 year ago

Have a couple of IJ translites if anyone is interested.

One is original, but has a scratch on his cheek. It's not SUPER noticeable, but it is there.

Also have a beautiful repro that looks stunning.

I'd sell either for $85 shipped in the USA, $120 shipped outside the USA. PM if you are interested.

Indy Repro (resized).jpegIndy original (resized).jpeg
#5333 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Have a couple of IJ translites if anyone is interested.
One is original, but has a scratch on his cheek. It's not SUPER noticeable, but it is there.
Also have a beautiful repro that looks stunning.
I'd sell either for $85 shipped in the USA, $120 shipped outside the USA. PM if you are interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

Repro is sold. Original still available if anyone is interested.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside