20240309_142957 (resized).jpg
20240309_143029 (resized).jpg
20240309_143041 (resized).jpg
20240309_143117 (resized).jpg
20240309_143149 (resized).jpg
20240309_143204 (resized).jpg
20240309_143242 (resized).jpg
20240309_143236 (resized).jpg

There are 11,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 231.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Welcome to the club!
Now about your problem. Incline is the easiest and quickest fix, should be at least 6.5 degrees. Could also be that your playfield, rubbers, and balls are too dirty. I used to have balls get stuck their occasionally but since the last time I shopped the pin and changed the balls it hasn't happened.
Also, how lively are your pop bumpers? If they don't kick the ball around much it might not get enough inertia to travel down the playfield.

Thanks! Pop bumpers are extremely strong. But I will follow your advice and wax the area.

I also needed to ask about the center drop targets. I need to replace one drop target (worn out) How do I remove the board? Just remove the C-clips? Thanks!

#1002 7 years ago

I need advice on how to remove these bulbs from the main lamp board please. I removed the board last night and they will NOT come out. I could even hear them starting to crack. The socket is sooo tight they will not come out. I tried holding the socket and pulling out and wiggling them and that didn't work. I feel that If I pull with more force the board might crack or break. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1003 7 years ago

Get a hair dryer and warm the sockets up, should expand the plastic a bit and they'll come out with some wiggling and moderate force. If you feel you are wiggling or pulling too hard, try warming it up some more.

I suppose in a worse case scenario you'd have to replace the sockets... but you're not there yet, keep trying. If you've almost run out of options, breaking the bulbs with pliers and trying to pull them out with tools could work.

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I need to replace one drop target (worn out) How do I remove the board? Just remove the C-clips? Thanks!

I took the whole mech out once to put in a Cliffy protector. That was a long time ago, I don't remember exactly what you do but I recall it wasn't overly complicated. If you still can't figure it out and aren't getting more answers in here, try posting a topic in the general tech forums. The drop target design is pretty much the same between games of that era.

#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I took the whole mech out once to put in a Cliffy protector. That was a long time ago, I don't remember exactly what you do but I recall it wasn't overly complicated. If you still can't figure it out and aren't getting more answers in here, try posting a topic in the general tech forums. The drop target design is pretty much the same between games of that era.

Thanks a lot!

#1006 7 years ago

This happens like one out of 20 times but What is the best way to remedy this? The switch and post work perfect but sometimes the ball hits the post so hard, it bounces off and gets "stuck" on top of the switch arm. Wiggling the machine makes the ball move again but has Anybody dealt with this before? Do I need to lower or bend the arm of the switch? Thanks!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Installed this on mine What do you guys think?

Nice, but at 450USD (no shipping) its pretty expensive for a topper.

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Nice, but at 450USD (no shipping) its pretty expensive for a topper.

I bought this topper:

http://www.tilttopper.com/indiana-jones.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This happens like one out of 20 times but What is the best way to remedy this? The switch and post work perfect but sometimes the ball hits the post so hard, it bounces off and gets "stuck" on top of the switch arm. Wiggling the machine makes the ball move again but has Anybody dealt with this before? Do I need to lower or bend the arm of the switch? Thanks!

Shouldn't your ramp be steeper? So that the ball will always come down to the post? As soon as the post is removed, gravity needs to do his part to get the ball on the mini-playfield.

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Shouldn't your ramp be steeper? So that the ball will always come down to the post? As soon as the post is removed, gravity needs to do his part to get the ball on the mini-playfield.

Thats is exactly what I was thinking. But the ramp is screwed to the back panel. How do I make it steeper? Again, this only happens once in a blue moon. The ball hits the post and bounces off of it and it gets caught

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thats is exactly what I was thinking. But the ramp is screwed to the back panel. How do I make it steeper? Again, this only happens once in a blue moon. The ball hits the post and bounces off of it and it gets caught

Just adjust the switch. Bend it so its not sticking out of the switch hole as much. Should be the only adjustment you need to make.

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Just adjust the switch. Bend it so its not sticking out of the switch hole as much. Should be the only adjustment you need to make.

Thanks, I will try that

#1013 7 years ago

Anyone wanna sell one ?

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Anyone wanna sell one ?

sorry, never....

#1015 7 years ago

Anybody know the switch part number for the switch that activates the post for the POA? Its the rollover switch right before the up and down post. Its not listed in the manual. Thanks!

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Anyone wanna sell one ?

They pop up from time to time. Just need to be vigilant.....and be willing to drive out of state.

#1017 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello!
I just joined the club 2 days ago! This machine is the real deal!
I got a couple of questions hopefully someone can help me:
Do any of you have the issue of the ball getting stuck under the left ramp and right behind the mode start hole? What is the best way to minimize this?
The green airplane lights: When are they supposed to turn on and how can they be replaced or fixed? Thanks!

I just found that you can test the green airplane's lights in the tests--#5. flasher tests--#24. Plane/super ball test. I noticed them being on when the dogfight gun sounds are happening.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I just found that you can test the green airplane's lights in the tests--#5. flasher tests--#24. Plane/super ball test. I noticed them being on when the dogfight gun sounds are happening.

Thanks! Yes you are correct

#1019 7 years ago

Let me ask you guys something: When you play a game and for example you lock 2 balls during that game. Then you drain and the game is over. When you start another game, and you lock a ball (2 balls are in the idol from the first game) Instead of a ball popping up in the shooter lane, the idol just spits a ball from the 2 that were left in the idol from the previous game. Is that normal behavior?

Are the 2 locked balls in the Idol from the first game supposed to drain before the start of a second game? Thanks

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Let me ask you guys something: When you play a game and for example you lock 2 balls during that game. Then you drain and the game is over. When you start another game, and you lock a ball (2 balls are in the idol from the first game) Instead of a ball popping up in the shooter lane, the idol just spits a ball from the 2 that were left in the idol from the previous game. Is that normal behavior?
Are the 2 locked balls in the Idol from the first game supposed to drain before the start of a second game? Thanks

I believe that's an adjustable setting. Something about Idol ball lock. I saw that in the features adjustments.

#1021 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I believe that's an adjustable setting. Something about Idol ball lock. I saw that in the features adjustments.

I'll check it out thanks!

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Mine acts just like yours.....but I never checked the settings. Might have to do that. I think I would prefer to start from scratch each game.

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Mine acts just like yours.....but I never checked the settings. Might have to do that. I think I would prefer to start from scratch each game.

I just looked at the manual and you can adjust this setting.

#1024 7 years ago

That's how mine works (ball lock) with factory and most recent ROMS.

And when you refer to green lights: are you referring to the green flashers or the red ones on the plane? Assuming your ones in your plane are red? All the IJ's I've seen had the red LED's in the plane itself but maybe there were different versions?

#1025 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

That's how mine works (ball lock) with factory and most recent ROMS.
And when you refer to green lights: are you referring to the green flashers or the red ones on the plane? Assuming your ones in your plane are red? All the IJ's I've seen had the red LED's in the plane itself but maybe there were different versions?

My plane has red leds...

#1026 7 years ago

My plane has red lights and the ball locks works as described. So there is no spitting out after a game is finished (like Ghostbusters). Balls stay there and a new ball is spit out from the idol with the elephant sound to warn you.

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So there is no spitting out after a game is finished (like Ghostbusters).

But apparently there is a setting adjustment you can make so it does just that.

#1028 7 years ago

Mine are red...who said green flashers?

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

But apparently there is a setting adjustment you can make so it does just that.

I adjusted it last night

#1030 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Mine are red...who said green flashers?

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello!
I just joined the club 2 days ago! This machine is the real deal!
I got a couple of questions hopefully someone can help me:
Do any of you have the issue of the ball getting stuck under the left ramp and right behind the mode start hole? What is the best way to minimize this?
The green airplane lights: When are they supposed to turn on and how can they be replaced or fixed? Thanks!

This is where I was trying to understand. Plane lights to me are the red LED's. He meant the green ramp flashers. Just trying to clear it up.

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

This is where I was trying to understand. Plane lights to me are the red LED's. He meant the green ramp flashers. Just trying to clear it up.

Sorry guys...When I said "The green airplane lights" I meant to say, the lights on the green airplane. Well green and grey airplane. Never meant to say "green lights" Sorry!

#1032 7 years ago

Mine are red!

#1033 7 years ago

No worries Korn! I was starting to think I had something different.

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

No worries Korn! I was starting to think I had something different.

#1035 7 years ago

I need a little help (again) I'm rebuilding the 3-bank drop targets. I need to know if retaining clips and springs are neededon the bottom? When I opened it the right target on the bottom had a retaining clip on but not the other 2. Is that supposed to be there? Or just on the top? Thanks

#1036 7 years ago

#1037 7 years ago

I was getting too many fly balls so I made this protector for the drops. Thought I'd share it -- works like a dream. Just bought a sheet at the hardware store and cut it down, ground the corners, drilled some holes and no more balls to the outlane! Made one for the right ramp as well.

IMG_2346 (resized).JPGIMG_2346 (resized).JPG

#1038 7 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I was getting too many fly balls so I made this protector for the drops. Thought I'd share it -- works like a dream. Just bought a sheet at the hardware store and cut it down, ground the corners, drilled some holes and no more balls to the outlane! Made one for the right ramp as well.

Can you show us a picture but playfield level? Just to see how it looks. Thanks

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

That's cool, but any airballs to the outlane get shot back into play. No harm no foul.

#1040 7 years ago

My IJ,all cab redone,pin is a beauty just need some leds and mods
And the fn start mode hole fix

IMG_3581 (resized).JPGIMG_3581 (resized).JPG

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

How do you plan on fixing the mode start hole?

#1042 7 years ago

Well,I first put washers on the screws to make hole more deep,this help just a little,still lots of missing shots,maybe foam in the scoop?

#1043 7 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Well,I first put washers on the screws to make hole more deep,this help just a little,still lots of missing shots,maybe foam in the scoop?

Heard it helps

#1044 7 years ago

Recipe for a good mode start shot:

Lower the saucer using washers. Add foam or some type of deadening to the metal stopper. Bend the metal stopper. Add a Cliffy mode start protector.

Beyond that, if you remove the stopper and add some foam back there it will hit every time However it's nowhere near as satisfying as smacking the stopper.

I think it helps add to the difficulty of the machine if it's an unreliable shot. I mean having it reject 90% of the shots wouldn't be good but having 10-20% bounce out just makes you work harder for victory!

#1045 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's cool, but any airballs to the outlane get shot back into play. No harm no foul.

My airballs were hitting plastics and stuff so this is more for protection than gameplay. Love that ball save, though.

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you show us a picture but playfield level? Just to see how it looks. Thanks

Hmm I have this one other shot. Lemme see if I can get a PF level one.

IMG_2348 (resized).JPGIMG_2348 (resized).JPG

#1047 7 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

I use a 15411 coil for the right flipper. It's plenty strong to make the left ramp and left orbit, but helps with the mode start scoop. I did add padding to the deflector and dropped the saucer assembly with washers. Every once in a while I'll get a bounce out but not often.

#1048 7 years ago

Thanks for the link to the decals from Retro Refurbs. Got mine delivered today, along with Johnny Mnemonic and STTNG.

30067070441_228029ac04_k (resized).jpg30067070441_228029ac04_k (resized).jpg

#1049 7 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy gold or brass colored pinballs besides Pinballdecals where they are $19.00 bucks a piece.
That's a bit crazy when you need 6 for the game plus the captive ball.

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Does anyone know where to buy gold or brass colored pinballs besides Pinballdecals where they are $19.00 bucks a piece.
That's a bit crazy when you need 6 for the game plus the captive ball.

Not to mention they need to be replaced every so often.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
There are 11,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 231.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.