Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by avspin
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,599 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg
46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg
90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg
A267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4928 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPG
F31487F9-02AD-4737-B2A3-AB998BA7D075 (resized).jpeg
53A4A204-328D-46E2-B5D5-AA7C42AAC962 (resized).jpeg
CCCAA565-3D31-4435-A8E5-995C2FDEF470 (resized).jpeg
E84F67CD-4DB5-49C8-9E0B-2070B4E339A1 (resized).jpeg
40CB038B-2C28-40D1-B42B-33F8E983F435 (resized).jpeg
821AD53A-1D2B-4FB1-8EC6-3BD538802C40 (resized).jpeg
3AEC8BA3-3787-4F03-A4EE-5A774FC4E4C1 (resized).jpeg
9930169A-8F2B-4C8F-9BEF-79EF26A4A991 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4778 (resized).JPG
DSCN4780 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#685 4 years ago

Trying to clean my brass legs, just wondering, has anyone try to polish these or does the brass come off? Seems like it is only a thin layer of brass color with steel underneath.

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I'm in...finally!image.jpg image.jpg

nice machine, although I like the old look better, without the led and color display, I just think it fits the machine and theme more....

#697 4 years ago

Got some mirror blades here and wanted to put them on my IJ. But there seems to be not much room to fit these. Any of you experience with these?

1 week later
#706 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Does anyone know of a good link for IJ apron cards? I'm not seeing too much that's appealing to me, or that prints out in the right proportion.

I got these from google. ibaQGIzkFXzrU4.jpgigYifRodh8wbs.jpgibmsnxmQAs3KK8.jpgicbAydmiSgVFO.jpg

I like them, you can also create your own, size in cm is 10x15. If you use some thicker paper and a nice laserprinter, them come out fine.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

How many owners are running incandescents in their IJ? I currently have LED's, but I'm thinking of going back for this game.

I run incandescents, just think it fits the theme more. The warm yellow glow fits the 30's theme of Indiana Jones.
Other pins are almost All led.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Excellent thanks! Now to diagnose why its not coming back up. Between shots.

As Coocked71 mentioned, check that switch, but also all cables connected to the switch in that same column in the matrix. One loose cable can trigger multiple events. Happened to me once with the 'adventure' targets.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I recently did my IJ in LEDs and going into it I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I was very pleasantly surprised. I ordered a bunch of lamps from Art at Comet and had planned on using warm whites predominately on it and it came out just like I imagined it. I did doe some color matching on the inserts. As you pointed out, the only inserts that look off are the character face ones. What I've found is that is more due to the brightness than the color of warm whites. Nothing that the LED OCD board can't handle. The only part of the game that I haven't LED'd yes is the Path of Adventure. I'm going to wait until I tear apart the entire game to do it.
One thing for certain though. The ultimate upgrade for IJ's is getting a Pinsound card and new speakers. Oh my, what a difference! Movie quality John Williams soundtrack, Ben Burtt sound effects, and actual voice call outs from the films... HEAVEN.

I ordered the pinsound. What kind of speaker upgrade did you use?

1 week later
#732 3 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

That's a good father-son pinball story there, RDReynolds.
BTW, while we are in IJ Club, I have a related question... who here completed Eternal Life Multiball and got awarded 1 billion point (with glass on, of course )

not even close, high score up to day is 1.500.000. But one day..........that keeps me going.

1 month later
#754 3 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

I don't have any photos yet, have been playing it too much tonight to take photos, but my IJ came home today. This has been my "grail" pin for about 18 years. Finally got one.

enjoy! You have chosen wisely...

1 month later
#833 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

My orbit shots seem to rarely make it past the roll over lane area (seems like the ball spins out into the lane area). Anyone experience this, and how did you fix it?

Well, take of the glass, clean the playfield (Superflip or wax) roll the ball thru there by hand, if that works, the flippers should also be able to do that if they are strong, but you already mentioned you can make the ramp shots.

Mine is so fast that sometimes you just can't hold the shot via the orbit.

4 weeks later
#840 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Masterpiece. Truly. Put a pinsound with stereo speakers. You feel like you are Indy. I love mine

What stereo speakers do you recommend. I already have the pinsound and cable to make it 2.1 but looking for an upgrade possibly DIY solution.

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Just got this

IMG_4408_(resized).jpgIMG_4405_(resized).jpgIMG_4406_(resized).jpgIMG_4407_(resized).jpg

Let the adventure begin!!

1 week later
#855 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

It is underrated at 7-8. It should Top 3.

Agree.
It should be in top 3.....top 3......

1 month later
#904 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks to the folks in this thread. The info found in this and other threads helped me finally adjust my mode start saucer enough to reduce brick outs significantly. Maybe from 80% to 20%. That was enough to get me to eternal life mb for only my second time!
Thanks again.

And what is the ultimate solution?

2 weeks later
#942 3 years ago

Does any of you installed a shaker in this game? Is it worth it? An other treath says it just works on ark multiball?
Any reviews are welcome.

#944 3 years ago

I have a pinsound too in my Indy. Any shaker will then do the trick? In my older stern I have one with a separate board connected to a flasher. Also who is going to rewrite the pinsound file for shaker usage? I do not see anything in pinball browser or am I missing something?

2 months later
#975 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone seen any custom aprons for IJA? I've had an idea for an all black apron with the a laser-cut back-lit Indiana Jones logo. Wondering if anyone has done it already.
That being said, the original apron is pretty great, but I kind of hate my insert cards. Anyone got any suggestions? Might just have to cook something up in photoshop.

I'm looking for something to, asked a designer to do something but not ready yet. If you have any great idea i would be interested.

1 month later
#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This happens like one out of 20 times but What is the best way to remedy this? The switch and post work perfect but sometimes the ball hits the post so hard, it bounces off and gets "stuck" on top of the switch arm. Wiggling the machine makes the ball move again but has Anybody dealt with this before? Do I need to lower or bend the arm of the switch? Thanks!

Shouldn't your ramp be steeper? So that the ball will always come down to the post? As soon as the post is removed, gravity needs to do his part to get the ball on the mini-playfield.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Anyone wanna sell one ?

sorry, never....

#1026 3 years ago

My plane has red lights and the ball locks works as described. So there is no spitting out after a game is finished (like Ghostbusters). Balls stay there and a new ball is spit out from the idol with the elephant sound to warn you.

1 month later
#1142 2 years ago

Does any one of you have one of the following mods installed on their IJ?

Ruin mod?
Idol Mod?
POA Mod?
Fighter plane mod?

I like to do some addition al lighting mods but wondering where to start. Like the Ruin mod, where to plug that into? or the Idol mod? I can make a led light below the idol but where to plug it into to have a great effect? Same for POA, lighting in the red plastic is possibel but where to plug it into so that it will only light when POA is active? Any of you experience with these?

1 month later
#1225 2 years ago

Pinsound is awesome. I did my IJ and upgraded the speakers. Very easy job! You can go with a set or just add your own. I only did the woofer. It really makes a huge different.

Short video of an awesone mix!!! The mix is not mine.

#1227 2 years ago

I put a Visaton subwoofer in the cabinet. Makes a huge difference. Specs are Visaton VISATON W 200/8 Ω 50 W 8 Ω
I think you can buy something similar in the US.

Put the stereo kit from pinsound on there and you are ready to go.

1 month later
#1412 2 years ago

Wouldn't the LED version of colordmd fit better with that jackpot board? Ok, you can do the led version, but you will see some difference in lighting with your original one. The light is just a bit more white.

1 week later
#1444 2 years ago

You need pinsound with the endproduct mix! Epic game!

#1449 2 years ago

Pinsound is a replacement sound board for Williams, Bally and Dataeast machines. It supports better sound, 2.1. stereo and various mixes made by the community- check the pinsound forum for that. For IJ you have an original mix, it is just the soundtrack you know only better quality, and you have some home made versions with speech from the movie etc. You can switch versions by setting the sound volume to 0 and you will get the next mix. So it is very easy to swap mixes. Endprodukt is a german guy who invested a lot of time in digitalizing, grabbing movie quotes and finally had a actor rephrase all sentences to get a better quality. It is a great mix.
The pinsound board is not cheap, it is very easy to install, even the 2.1. wire you have to buy seperate is easy to install. But after thta, great sound. I did now my two williams machines with pinsound, added the 2.1 wire and replaced the cabinet speaker, awesome sound!

2 months later
#1633 2 years ago

I had once all kind of switches going out. Was all on the same connector, was a fuse, easy to fix. Do not know if these are all on the same row these switches.

3 weeks later
#1723 2 years ago

I really don't see much wrong. Maybe it is just the rubbers. But there is no extreme bouncing in my eyes. It does seem the slingshots not always fire. You could check the rubber at the front where the ball hits, and just stretch it a bit. That oftewel seems to help. For the rest you mode hole looks like a tough one. You can make adjustments to that.

1 week later
#1776 2 years ago

Is there any mod you do not have?

#1795 2 years ago

You can have multiple mixes on the USB. The original one, the enhanced one or the movie faithfull, etc. you can switch between these mixes easily. But trust me, once you have downloaded a good mix, you do not want to go back.

#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So if I want the original sounds, I can download that onto a separate USB, and then just switch it with the current USB in my Pinsound?

All mixes are on the same USB drive. You can switch between mixes by lowering the volume of the machine to 0, you will hear a special sound, next mix is up. I have 4 mixes on mix IJ between witch I can switch, but again, once you find a good mix, you never return to the original ever.

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Found this original file:
https://www.pinsound.org/download/indiana-jones-original/
Not sure if this is a valid file due to the size.
Can anyone comment?
I currently have the Enprodukt mix on my USB, but I also want the original.

The original mix is really small in MB's as those sounds are not HQ. De endprodukt one is on mine, I like that a lot. There is also a movie faithfull mix that is ok. If you download the original you can also get the enhanced version, which is the original version but better quality.
You switch between these mixes by turning the volume on the machine down to 0, you will hear a sound and the next mix is loaded.

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Especially for Indy there's only one useful mix available, of course unofficial and no more available on public Websites - thank you Rick.
This mix is a masterpiece of reorchestration and hocks your Indy into another dimension of Music and Sound.

That is not entirely true. I understand that PPS is now allowing remixes for pinsound. I think EndProdukt just took a break from all pinball. See also the Whitewater discussion on this forum. I agree that the mxi from Olli is the best out there.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The Endprodukt one sounds amazing, but for variety, and to experience the game as it was originally designed, I would love to have the stock sounds.
Do you happen to know where I could find the original enhanced sound?
And also, how do I load this onto the USB, so that it can read two mixes?
Thanks!

On the pinsound forum

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You have to built the Shaker on your own - not so difficult.
Maybe PinSound will provide a Shaker kit later?

They said they would this year, waiting on that.

#1841 2 years ago

Otherwise across the pond - https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/indiana-jones-williams-pinball-cabinet-decals/

Put an LED screen in my IJ yesterday. Looks great since it perfect fits with the jackpot board. Great to see some color. Played a game and was real good, only one shot from the end game.....grrrrrr. Funny to see when you change something to your machine and get to play a casual game it always is one of the great games you ever played.

#1843 2 years ago

Probably not originals, but I hear good things about them. Friend of mine has some for Mousin around, they look great! There is a thread about these, it also includes the owner of the firm so you can address any questions to him directly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-from-retro-refurbs

#1882 2 years ago

He had a site that showed it. Any idea which website that was?

#1884 2 years ago

He cheated Dr. jones.......I could only find a comparison of playfields on Ukvac.com which showed the differences between an early prototype and the final version. There seems to be three versions of the playfield. The proto with Sulla and Dad, the one with different colors in the had and the final one most of us have.

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

spinny-vinny on here painted them up for me,he found the figure for the plane as well.
He does custom painting or shooter rods,custom made pinball parts.

Can someone scan that figure for 3d printing?

#1924 2 years ago

Had an issue with my left flipper going weak yesterday. Couldn't make the right ramp anymore. So started with changing the coil, then the EOS, no improvement. Finally cleaned the opto at the flipperbutton and made sure it was nice and tight again. That did the trick!
Nice strong flipper again. Love this game.

#1949 2 years ago

The one with the darker hat and smaller numbers is supposed to be a early production, so basically worth more. The final ones had larger numbers and a darker hat. Also the super jackpot insert is different.

Hope you did not sell that early production one as a repro......but basically still this feels like you got scammed, sorry.

2 weeks later
#1981 2 years ago

Personally, I think the wood structure is a bit to much. But for the rest a real nice playfield

2 weeks later
#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Perfect! Thanks!!!

I did the jackpot board myself. Just drew the three pictures on the wood. I took a pendulumsaw and took out the figures myself. The Colordmd Led version fits perfect.

#2069 2 years ago

I got pinsound, colordmd and jackpot board running without problems.

#2081 2 years ago

soulrider911, looking at your posts I wonder somethings. You bought, I think, almost an excellent IJ that has been in a time machine. The first thing you do is change almost all? I would say you change the rubbers, balls and give the playfield some TLC but for the rest, that machine looked brand new and would be far more worth in the state as it is without all the extra's and changes. I think you would be better of with a cheaper version of IJ that needed all these replacements.....but maybe I see it wrong....

#2087 2 years ago

The airballs are indeed something to protect your game against. I have not that much problems on my game. The one i get is the one that has been corrected in the code, the ones straight from the drop down target to the outlane, you get a ball save on that one. But play it first to see what is flying around. My GBLE has an air all protector too ensure nothing gets ruined.
The mode hole is a discussion. Some say it is a fault, others say it should not be 100%. I agree that it can be frustrated to shoot and it just comes out. Now I have a standard setup for that and I get about 85% hits. I would try the dead foam first if that would be an unsatisfying hit rate.
For the rest, it is your game but the IJ is such a beautiful machine already, it does not need that much glitter and glamour. Especially in a near mint condition as yours.

1 month later
#2300 2 years ago

I like those from Averel better. Fit the theme better. The grass on the tilt ones is to realistic.

#2304 2 years ago

I even like them better than the Pinbal Center ones - http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/indiana-jones-i/3647/sideboard-decals-for-indiana-jones-i

Now i have a dropbox, but can not reach it from my work, blocked;-(

4 months later
#2866 1 year ago

I am running pinsound and ColorDMD LED. Works fine. No LED all original. Plus jackpot baord and additional led strips in the back and under cab lighting. All works fine.

#2868 1 year ago

Don't think you could run the jackpot board and the LCD version of ColorDMD. That will not fit. I really like the LED version (fit, dots and contrast) - just for your consideration. Try to see them both somewhere and make up your mind.

2 weeks later
#2923 1 year ago

Looks almost the same, whoever did the copy (if this is a copy) then it sure is a very good one. I would not be surprised if this is the Disney machine, as I never heard about anyone in the pinball community that copied the Disney design.Maybe ask the seller if he know's the history.

#2934 1 year ago

Yes that is the one. The Disney one has different legs.
Great the see that topic on the custom version. Looks like a lot of work.

5 months later
#3287 1 year ago

Interested indeed...what about costs? Where did you get the propellor?

3 weeks later
#3523 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

I think I have 1 head decal set left after my IJ restoration.
In case you can't find a set in US, contact me, I will give it to you for free.

Mine has faded, I would love a free set Would even pay for them.

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Don't worry, I can ask for another set of head decals. Won't be too fresh next to your side decals?
[quoted image]

Strange thing is that my cabenit is quite ok. It is the original version and looks really good. Just the headbox is faded. Btw in the row you will never see this. Just not plsce this one at th end of a row.

2 weeks later
#3616 1 year ago

Yes the process is the same. I did that with mine...huge difference.

5 months later
#4067 7 months ago
Quoted from gac:

Put some side art blades on my IJ. Liking the look.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look very nice. Nice colors.

3 weeks later
#4157 6 months ago

Is anyone really good with photoshop? I would really like an apron for IJ in the style of JJP. So not the cards but as one. See example. Or does soembody know where to obtain such thing?

apron (resized).jpgapron_complete (resized).jpgapron_wide (resized).jpg
#4171 6 months ago

Yes the second one, no freeplay etc. In the IJ Colors. The one from Lior looks also very good, but will be to detailed for me. I like the cartoon style more. And Yes I can ask the guys that do this for a living but wanted to see if we can get some forum collaboration first. Also because professionals will not be able to work with the original artwork due to copyrights.

#4185 6 months ago

Lost plastic is just a backboard for Indy, used to be on early ones. Can be added later.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1773-LOST

1 week later
#4230 5 months ago

Same here, IJ was my first and certainly not my last....It went fast after IJ, 6 pins in 1.5 year.

#4240 5 months ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Back in the club after missing IJ a bunch!![quoted image]

IJ and Creech, Mine are also next to eachother. Both great machines.

#4249 5 months ago

Thats the way to go....

15562264356873617865894166612300 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4296 5 months ago

I received the airball plastic this week, thanks Davi. Installation was ok, but the game play is way better now. No more airbals from the middle drop down targets is a huge improvement. This is a must have if you have any airballs in your game!

1 month later
#4440 4 months ago

I have that 4D model to....real nice. Do not know what is 4d about it?

1 month later
#4636 69 days ago

The jackpot mod it self is ok to install. Problem is that you have to get the holes in the speaker panel right. I did it myself. Davy in here made some predrilles ones, looked very professional. The jackpot board itself just light up when you make a jackpot, e.g. arc, grail, etc. Same as the ones on the playfield. I like it as the mod was not that expensive and lights up the speaker section a bit.
At the beginning I was hoping it would be a lock counter, 1, 2, third ball locked . That would be nice on IJ.

1 month later
#4750 34 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Mmmh, an easy update is the BG20 from Visaton in combination with PinSound Reorchestration from Endprodukt.
I use this subwoofer in all my pinball machines!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No brainer......

4 weeks later
#4803 7 days ago

When you get Pinsound, do not forget to upgrade at least the cabinet speaker. Does not have to be flipper fidelity, just a good upgrade. Makes all the difference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
8,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hingham, MA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside