IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 9 years ago

Okay. Count me in. Two questions for you guys:

Is it worth it to put a shaker in an IJ? Doesn't seem like it's really well integrated (or used much).

What's your vote on LEDs in this game? Is it a game that lends itself better to incandescents (like LOTR, IMHO)?

#271 9 years ago

Anxious to hear the pros and cons on the shaker. I was going to put one in, but it doesn't sound like it's utilized well or often enough. Opinions?

#279 9 years ago

Here's an interesting question: If I send my gun out to get nickel plated, is there any way to still trigger the plunge while I'm waiting for the gun to get back, or will it basically disable the machine? Trying to figure out a way to have my cake and eat it, too! (I haven't taken it apart yet, so I'm not sure!) Thanks...

#290 9 years ago

Anybody have any experience with the Pinsound board? I'd love to have the original soundtrack playing rather than that MIDI crap. Do you just upload it to the board or is it an involved process?

#299 9 years ago

Very funny...I came on here to post exactly the same problem about the air balls off the center targets, especially when the ball has just come down off the ramp onto your flipper. I've decided to just put plastic protectors on everything so I don't have to worry so much. Doesn't seem like there's much you can do with a drop target. Flippers are at factory strength, and if I tweak those back, I'm afraid I won't get the ball up those steep ramps. It is what it is...

#307 9 years ago

Another two questions to see if they're normal: Does the ball fly off the ramp often? Mine does sometimes, and whacks the biplane. And does anybody else have the ball getting hung up on the left side beneath the ramp when it comes off the pops? Sometimes I have to nudge the machine to get it down the left orbit. Didn't know if my level is off or what.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Hey I've got the exact same issues with mine. Hate when it falls off the ramp

Certainly adds to the "pinball adventure"!

#311 9 years ago

Does anybody know if all the reorchestrations are done for PinSounds on IJ? It looks like they're still working on it on their website. If anybody has one and has feedback I'd love to hear it. Don't want to buy an incomplete product.

2 weeks later
#317 9 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I've had my IJ for quite some time now. Knock on wood, the start mode shot and the path of adventure issues I had in the past are fixed. Turns out, Indy is my holy grail pin. It's sooooo good.
Suuuuuuuuuper Jackpot!!!!!
Also, Color DMD on the way.

I'm still tweaking mine out, but it was my grail before I even got it. How did you fix the POA problem? Was it that you couldn't get it down that first left-side path? That's what I'm dealing with now...

2 weeks later
#328 9 years ago

When this product is done and tested, I'm a customer. Really excited about it, too, because I think the chintzy midi files in Indy is the weakest part of the machine. So hurry up!

#330 9 years ago

Right. I meant when you're completely done with the IJ mix, I'll buy the board. IJ is the only machine I have where the MIDI sounds just don't work for me. I always thought it should have the real orchestral sounds from the movie. When the whole thing is done for that machine, I'm buying! Doesn't make sense for me until then...

1 week later
#334 9 years ago

Yes...PLEASE let us know when it's all done. It's awesome.

#340 9 years ago

I had that happen, but it's because the optos beneath the center hole are either dirty or malfunctioning. That's why you're getting the "You Cheat Dr. Jones" all the time, because it thinks the ball went in there without targets dropping. Don't know about the other stuff though.

This sounds like one of those unrelated things that happen when you work on your machine, and you think it's related. Infuriating!

#342 9 years ago

Trying like hell to adjust my POA. Bent the little exit metal to make the ball drop center (so I could get it down that first left lane), then had the bright idea that if I pulled it forward a little more, it would give the ball more time to get to the left side on a tilt. All it did was allow the ball to pick up more velocity and shoot off the walls on either side straight into the pit. *sigh* This thing is a royal bitch...

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Another trick with the POA is to use washers under the front holder of the POA (sorry, english is not my first language) to make it a little less steep. This way you can adjust your game to an angle you like without taking care of the POA. Give it a try, it might be too steep allready!

Thanks. I'll try it. I do have the pitch set to maximum to keep balls from flying off the ramps, so maybe that effected the path of adventure.

Now get back to programming that soundtrack...I'm looking forward to it!

And by the way...your English is better than my German!

#352 9 years ago

For all my IJ brethren:

Just tinkered with my POA. (Gosh, that sounds dirty!) Anyhoo...someone suggested that you bend the metal piece that guides the ball onto the POA. I played with the level of the mini playfield as well as how far forward or backward it goes. The only thing that worked, regardless of the left/right level, was tweaking that piece so that the ball falls directly on the center of the post below. That way, it will go whichever way you pitch the POA.

Also, because I've got the back legs jacked to keep airballs down off the ramps, it messed with my POA pitch and sent every ball into The Pit. I used a previous suggestion and raised the front/back pitch up by putting fat washers under the front bracket. Worked like a charm!

Now the only thing that concerns me are the violent airballs hitting the glass so hard it shatters...

#357 9 years ago

I got about 10 modes in one game. For some reason, I can't master the mode shot, nor the right ramp consistently. The two most important shots in the game.

#359 9 years ago

Looking on the bright side, I DID see the Michigan J. Frog Easter Egg in the mine cart mode. Great stuff...and a 20 mil bonus!

#362 9 years ago

Fourth barrier on the right...and it's only after you hold the flippers when you start a game.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

i just bought one of these, it should be here next week, i cant wait. Is there a good tutorial video with someone explaining the rules and game play? ive searched YT and didnt see one. thanks

Not that I know of, but congratulations...to me AND you! Now I know where to play an IJ next time I'm in Kauai!

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

First you'll need to grow another hand, so that you can hold the flippers and hit the start button at the same time.

I don't use my hand for the start button.

#382 9 years ago

But you get to see a frog dance. Duh!

#385 9 years ago

Anyone here ever get the translucent backboard with the lighting effects? Is it any good? And does anyone have any video of it in action?

Also, I have to replace my drops. Anything special to watch out for? Can I just disassemble the coil assembly so that I can take the drop targets out and not have to desolder?

1 week later
#391 9 years ago

I've listened to the samples you posted and I have to say they're awesome. I have only one complaint. I'm assuming you had to use lines from the actual movie that were rerecorded when the game was made. The only one I absolutely HATED was "See you tomorrow, Indiana Jones!" On the game, she says it with such attitude...my family walks around the house saying it to each other. But I'm guessing in the movie (and when it comes up in your audio file), it sounds so lackluster, like she's falling asleep as she says it. It really loses its effect.

I know that when you go into the sound test, you're able to isolate certain callout samples--it doesn't seem like you can do it with all of them, though. I wonder if anybody knows how to extract those callouts from a ROM to a computer? Perhaps there's a way.

I hope you don't take offense at my one criticism...after all, it's not your fault! You're doing incredible work and I hope you continue through to the end.

#393 9 years ago

Yep...you're right! The second one is the good one. The first one sounds like she's drunk and tired. Is there a reason you didn't or can't use the second one? I would think you'd want everything to sound just like the original...only better.

I hope no offense is being taken...just trying to help you make a better product from a consumer viewpoint!

#396 9 years ago

I didn't know that!!! That's awesome - thanks! How long do you think until you're done with everything?

#398 9 years ago

My IJ is going out for a HEP restoration, but when it gets back, the Pinsound card is the first thing going in.

#400 9 years ago

Sounds great. Just needs some mixing to be perfect. You left out the "see you tomorrow" part though!

1 week later
#435 9 years ago

There's a setting in the menu to enable/disable the buy-in button. I'd tell you exactly where it is in the menu, but my Indy is currently away on vacation.

4 weeks later
#500 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

Got my first "Friends Jackpot' yesterday. I was really hoping to have an animation depicting Indy and all his pals holding hands, eating ice cream walking under a rainbow....was a little disappointed.

You're confused. That's WOZ.

3 months later
#559 8 years ago

When you sneak the ball in behind the three standup targets. Shorty says "You cheat, Dr. Jones!" Hence the title of this thread.

#563 8 years ago

One of many reasons it's my favorite game.

2 weeks later
#569 8 years ago

You suck.

I'll never see that score in my lifetime...unless somebody else does it.

3 weeks later
#604 8 years ago

I think it's pretty random as to where the guys pop out of in the bar. If you're on the right side, you'll get a bunch on the right, but they'll sneak a few on the left to shoot at you if you're not paying attention. If you're on the left, vice versa. Every now and then I get lucky and hit the extra ball swinging doors, and I think I only finished the shoot out once or twice.

#606 8 years ago

Black nickel plating on the gun. You can thank me later.

#608 8 years ago

Mike Chestnut. That's who did mine.

#609 8 years ago

Oh...and you're welcome.

#611 8 years ago

End of last year.

1 week later
#622 8 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Finally finished restoring my Indiana Jones. Still missing the Bi-plane but very happy to be cheating Dr. Jones.
Not sure if I have an issue or not. Two items hoping for feedback on, 1. how often should the set of three drop targets reset? 2. How the heck do i get the ball to drop in the Adventure Path aka it always rolls past.
Thanks!

??? You're missing your biplane? I have an old spare. It's yellowed (for that retro look!) but it's a biplane. They sell replacement ones as well.

Don't remember how often the drops reset...I thought it was after you lock 3 balls for the multiball and it starts the process again. Or if you're doing the steal the stones mod where you have to keep hitting the targets. Sorry if that's wrong...I haven't had my machine since January.

I had my machine jacked all the way up in the back to keep the ball from flying off ramps. Game was lightning fast even pitched that high. What angle do you have the PF at? Usually it should be 6.5, but you might want to consider putting those back legs all the way up, especially if you can't get down the POA.

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

One thing I noticed right away when the machine came with incandescent... the backglass looked way too samey. This picture is no longer accurate for flashers, but it's how I have the GI lighting set up. It's a mix of Cointaker WW (top) Comet WW (middle face and some places) and Sunlight. I left a few empty near the middle to not flood with light. I also put a double flex near the top corner where it's darker, seems like they could have used another lamp socket somewhere over there.
IJ.jpg
Another thing I noticed- I use Cointaker WW in all 3 of these games for GI, but look at the difference in how IJ reacts to them in comparison. At some point I may switch that up to Sunlight.
gameroom.jpg

I had all Cointaker WW in mine...and immediately hated what it did to the backglass and GI. Far too yellow-y and washed out. It ruins the retro feel of the game. Indy is one of those games (like LOTR) that cries out for the warmth of incandescent bulbs in the GI.

LEDs in the inserts? You betcha. Just don't color-match them because it looks like poop. The letters on the inserts get all green and blown out...yuck. Warm white everywhere, and don't forget the LED OCD board so that they behave like incandescents. It's also nice to not have to remove the POA to change bulbs ever again...

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

jedimastermatt, I'd be curious to see a picture when you're finished, if you're using Sunlight in the GI. Probably will switch mine up, just not sure which direction yet.
beelzeboob, I agree with inserts- kept most of mine white except for the oranges. Interested to see what your playfield GI looks like combined with LED inserts. Have to disagree on the backbox though- I thought all incandescent there was too dark, monochromatic and not enough depth. LEDs definitely sharpen that up to my eyes and allow for a subtle range of brightness.

The brightness of the LEDs washed out the backbox colors as well...made it more yellow than orange. I'd send you pictures, but HEP is working on my machine now...and Chris was in full agreement with me about changing back to incandescents for the GI (and not just to make a customer happy...I wanted his honest opinion!).

Keep in mind that with LEDs in the inserts and incandescent GI, the inserts can be too bright by default. That's where the beauty of LED OCD comes in...you can adjust the brightness of each individual bulb from your laptop so that it's tweaked just the way you want it to be. Awesome.

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Definitely be interested to see what HEP does with your IJ beelzeboob. Keep us posted.

Will do. He's got it in his gallery now. It's the one marked for "RR".

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Looking really good so far. Very exciting to see the pf transformation.

That's not the same playfield.

1 week later
#652 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Today my middle opto on the center drop bank stopped working. Ive never dealt with this board before. the optos look riveted on. where do u get these optos? how to replace them? ill probably just get a new board from marco for $32, but i would still like to know more about these otpos. any info, thanks

Did you try just cleaning it first? Some compressed air in a can does wonders. Make sure it's completely dead before you go rooting around in there.

4 weeks later
#671 8 years ago

Looks like it from the flyer:

1267f1.jpg1267f1.jpg

3 months later
#762 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

1) The game has a button below the start button on the front, labeled "Super Ball", that allows someone to add a ball to a game that is finished. Does anyone know how to disable this? I have read the manual end to end and scoured the internet, struck out.

It's pretty easy, actually. (I'm not in front of my machine, now, btw...) It's in the menu, I think under the feature adjustments menu. There's a setting for disabling a buy-in. That may be causing your confusion because the menu may call it something different than what the button says.

#764 8 years ago

Thanks for getting my back, Scotty! And I'll be in Kauai the last week of August (everything's booked already!), so I'm looking forward to meeting you and exploring parts of the island we've never seen before...in our previous 17 visits!

#768 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

We will be in Hawaii at the end of March/early April!
Unfortunately we won't be on Kauai

Your loss. Best island in the chain...if you can sneak it in, you won't regret it.

And hey!...it's got Scotty!

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

if you repair pins, ill fly you over for a couple days of sightseeing and maintenance.

If you let me know what you need done before I come out, I can try to come prepared.

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi guys,
I love my IJ and finally broke down and bought the lighted jackpot mod for the backbox. Got it installed and realized I have NO idea what its supposed to do. It lights up and blinks for show, but in terms of giving me actual in-game info, I'm at a loss. Maybe I'm not perfectly familiar with the game rules?
It starts the game with Grail lit solidly. Then at some point I find the ark blinking with grail still lit. Doesn't seem to coincide with any way I understand what's going on. Anyone have a firm instruction set that blends this original feature back into the normal game instructions? I'd love to understand what its telling me. Which jackpots does it represent? Is each light lit when I knock down the three drops and hit the middle shot? (doesn't seem to, but that's what I thought it did). Help!

The jackpot lights correspond to the same jackpot inserts in the middle of the playfield. When you complete the three jackpots during the main multiball, you "collect" the three treasures in order, which then lights super jackpot. The backbox mod shows you at quick glance what you've collected so far (as if looking at the playfield didn't accomplish the same thing...probably why they took it out of the production IJs).

Hope that helps.

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I really think mine isn't working then. It starts with grail lit right from the first ball.

Nope. Shouldn't light until you earn it. Where did you get yours from, and what did you hook it up to?

#784 8 years ago

Sent you a PM. But the picture you show and the one he shows in the ad look different. Are the lights three sockets on a piece of wood, or is it a PCB light board?

The one I referred to in the PM were on a piece of wood.

2 months later
#838 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love this pin. Hadn't given it a chance before but had to pick it up. Played the final multiball tonight and was 2 shots away from completing (of course POA).

IMG_1316_(resized).JPG

You're no longer allowed to come to my house and play mine.

I've never completed more than 6 or 7 modes - nowhere near Eternal Life Multiball. I'm very jealous! This is my favorite game (as we've talked about), and I concur with the above post. Put in a Pinsound card and it'll transform the machine. You ARE invited to come hear what it sounds like at my house. But no touching the flippers.

#844 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I combined my Pinsound install with a speaker set from Flipper Fidelity and the sound is amazing! Definitely get a nice rumble from the new cabinet woofer. I replaced both at the same time though so I can't really compare Pinsound with stock vs replacement speakers.

What he said...

Upgrade the speakers and you'll hear what you're missing.

2 weeks later
#876 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I need to make the start mode hole adjustment and therefore will need to remove the poa. Mine is in perfect adjustment right now. Will removing it make it come out of adjustment? It's a relatively new game to me, and I hear that can be a bugger.
Also, per the "moving the metal ball stop back" type of adjustment, do people find filing out the holes to give sufficient movement or should I drill (gasp) new holes in the pf?

Take the entire ball stop out and line the area with dead drop foam. It's the only solution that works consistently. Trust me on this.

And yes...you'll have to play with your POA and tweak it to get it just right again. It's a balance of forward/backward positioning, coupled with left/right positioning and the bend in that little metal tab where the ball enters the POA.

A pain, but you'll get it done!

1 month later
#907 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Well, it's funny you should ask, cause I just went down and played the first game in a week, (I was out of town) and my first three shots to the mode hole were brickouts! It got better after that, but I might need some more tweaking. I filed out the holes on the backstop sheet metal and moved it back as far as I could. I also put Velcro on it (loop side) to deaden it. I had bought "drop dead" foam for mmr but found it to be nearly useless. Moving the stop and the Velcro was definitely an improvement. I think I would like to try something more. I read about lowering the saucer with washers. It seems to me like the little metal kicker that ejects it out of the saucer is very firm in the resting position and would reduce any effectiveness in lowing that saucer. Any other ideas?

I've lost count of how many times I've said this: Take. It. Out. Line the back of that area with dead drop foam and throw the scoop in your coin box. Thank me later.

#909 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What is drop dead foam? The stuff behind stand-up targets?

Nope...

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131

An essential thing to have in your repair kit. I can assure you, you'll eventually need some somewhere. I'm working through my second supply order of the stuff.

#912 7 years ago

It's all metal back there. You're lining the backsides of some ball guides that forms a V back there, as I recall. So the ball smashes into the foam-lined V (smashes is WAY too strong of a word), and rebounds nicely...right into the hole. The mode hole scoop was a major design flaw; best to just take it out altogether.

2 months later
#961 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

I have a more or less stock IJ with the following upgrades:
ColorDMD
Upgraded speakers
Brass wire forms
Lighted Ruins mod
What other mods/items do you think are the best bang for buck for a grail/keeper?
Pin sound?
Invisiglass?
Shaker?
Something else?

Okay...IJ is my grail machine, and I spent about the price of a small car to try to get it where I wanted it to be, quality-wise, before I said f**k it and sent it off to HEP.

IJ is NOT a machine you want to over-mod. Tron? Yes. LOTR? Certainly. AFM? Of course!

But IJ just looks too cheesy when you start jamming figures in there and putting lighting where it doesn't belong. And the shaker doesn't really do much for that game, so skip it (and I have shakers in almost all my machines).

Here's what I did to mine, and I think it looks amazing (as did Chris at HEP):

PDI glass
Brass trim on everything (rails, hinges, legs, habitrails, apron guard) and black nickel-plated gun by Mike Chestnut (RIP)
Pinsound card with reorchestrations
FF speaker upgrade
Color DMD
Motorized plane propeller
LEDs in inserts ONLY (all warm white, controlled by LED OCD card) and LED flashers
Incandescent GI and back glass
Gold captive ball (which Chris put in...it's really cool)
Jackpot lighting mod
Bridge lighting mod

And I think that's it. Really more than enough for that game, IMO. (The last two were supposed to be in the original version of the game, but were scrapped.)

Have fun, and let me know if I can help in any way.

1 month later
#985 7 years ago
Quoted from deanearp:

I see . But how do you know who to PM? Do I put out a request on this forum?

Quoted from dendoc:

endprodukt is responsive, or can pm me and I'll share a dropbox link.

I PM'ed Deanearp 3 times, but have gotten no response...

3 months later
#1174 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I have owned this game for almost two years and, embarrassingly, have never completed the Eacape in Mine Cart Video Mode. I cannot tell if I am pressing the flipper buttons too soon or too late, but I usually crash after passing about four tunnels. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks.

Yes. Find out about the dancing frog easter egg and go for that instead. Worth only 20 million, but far more entertaining.

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#I

2 weeks later
#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've lost count of how many times I've said this: Take. It. Out. Line the back of that area with dead drop foam and throw the scoop in your coin box. Thank me later.

I'm tired of saying this, so I'll just quote myself from now on.

If Chris at HEP couldn't figure out a solution to the scoop rejection problem, neither will anybody else. Use the above advice that I'm getting tired of repeating and never worry about it again.

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I would totally do this but my issue is the strike plate/scope holds the cliffy for that spot in place.

No reason to suffer. Get some 3M 467MP Adhesive tape from the wonderful people at PinRestore (pick up a bunch of other great stuff as well) and coat the entire underside of your Cliffy. It's what Cliff uses on the front lip of the Cliffy already, anyway. Stick it on, trim around the Cliffy with an Xacto knife, and reapply. Voila! Scroll down on this page to find it, and look around their site. It's helped me numerous times.

http://pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

#1265 7 years ago

Someone has posted pics of this on Pinside before. A search on threads about the IJ mode hole should net you some wonderful pics. And no...I'm not taking mine apart to take pictures for you.

#1288 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

In the link boob provided.

Dr. Willy...I'm-a gonna let you take this one from here. I think I just ran out of Xanax.

#1298 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

First off, I'd love a tutorial vid on the mode start saucer fix as I'm still kinda new at this and I always learn a ton from you guys when I have an issue. Speaking of issues, I've got one that I would appreciate some help diagnosing and fixing:
I am getting phantom "you cheat dr. Jones" and ball locks. It doesn't seem to be specific to any particular switch being hit. I already checked what else is in same column and row of the switch matrix to the idol center enter opto but no patterns emerge. I even noticed it registered tonight while I was on the phone with a ball in the shooter lane waiting to start ball 3. I've already cleaned the opto transmitter and receiver. I experienced this issue a month ago but it went away until a few days ago and now it's happening somewhat regularly.
Is this likely just a bad opto pair? I checked in switch edge test and no amount of shaking the machine or other switch hits trigger it.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Those optos are always problematic, and hold a special place in my heart. My first IJ problem when I got my machine. Change out the optos and you should be good to go. If not, there's a connection problem or a problem in the opto board. But it should just be the optos. First check that they're not misaligned...there's a whole lot of balls slamming into that area and they could have moved out of alignment.

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So you are using the double sided tape for the back...I already ordered the tape from pinbits as suggested by beelzeboob Why are you using double sided tape for the back tho?
I'm sure both works just fine. So, what about the blue pad? I got one of those. Would that work as well? Thanks for the pics! Meanwhile, since I'm doing this major shop job, I decided to install the lost plastic! What a difference huh?

To be clear: It was dead drop foam from Pinbits, and the double-sided tape to hold down a Cliffy (which is a misnomer because it's all like one sheet of adhesive) is from Pinrestore.com.

#1331 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I do miss that satifying "thunk" sound the strike plate made though.

If you had a Pinsound card with the reorchestrations, you wouldn't be able to hear it anyway.

2 months later
#1458 7 years ago

That thing looks like Laura Palmer. Get her unwrapped and plug in!

2 weeks later
#1502 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

jackpot light board? I thought that doesn't work except for normal DMD? If it works on LED but not LCD, that is good to know. I don't think mine has that board as it's a mod right? Is that another pinbit item that is likely sold out forever? ;

I have the jackpot light board and LCD color DMD. It fits.

#1505 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was reading your posts here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-indiana-jones-jackpot-light-mod-anyone-have-one
Def an old post so wondering if there is a go-to for this jackpot board now that it's 2017 and apparently it's much easier for this to work with color DMD. I might pick it up.

You must not have read it too carefully, because they're right here, just as I said back then: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

You're welcome.

#1510 7 years ago

It should fit. They're using RGB LEDs on that board, so it's a really low profile and can fit between the speaker panel and LCD panel. I used a couple small rubber washers to lift it off the speaker panel; using normal standoffs won't allow it to sneak under the color DMD.

#1512 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ha - I actually saw that but noticed you bought from another place in europe and then did some extra work on it to make it fit. Sounds like this is no longer required anymore? Just confirming that all I need is that Marco one and I'm set to have this work with my LED color DMD? No templates needed?

And you shouldn't hesitate to get the one from Norway. It was reasonably priced and I had it in under two weeks. No worries there...

#1515 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so just to be clear all I need to get is that board from Marco and I'm set? Nothing else to buy to put over the jackpot board?

That will do it. The board looks much bigger in the photo than it really is, but look at the standoffs for a perspective (you won't be using those, however). you can take two of the smallest post rubbers and bisect them and you'll have four rubber washers that you can put between the board and the speaker panel so that it can breathe and isn't flush with the wood. You should be good to go!

1 week later
#1528 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

potential club member here. i've been watching some gameplay vids on youtube. doesn't seem to be a whole lot of callouts on this one. i love non-stop dialogue in my games. what do you guys think?

My game doesn't shut up. But I have the Pinsound card with reorchestrations. Endprodukt added a shit ton of new callouts (the game even curses when you lose your ball!). Each character talks when you complete them, and there are callouts every time you hit a lit shot in every mode. Tons of callouts.

3 weeks later
#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I'd trade it for a Magic Girl haha! Thanks. It's pretty special.

Get the Pinsound card for it. Trust me on this (from a guy who considers IJ his grail!). Congrats on the pickup.

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I run a separate power supply inside my IJ for its ColorDMD and PinSound board. Seems to pretty much be a requirement on this game when running multiple extras like Colordmd or tilt topper. Mine just ran for 2 days straight nonstop during show hours at pinfest without a single issue so the separate power supply really seems to make a difference.

I'm running mine off the same power supply, but I don't have the topper.

#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's def my grail now too. Tell me more about this pincard kind sir...

There's a whole thread about Pinsound that I started 2 years back. I have my game wired for stereo and I'm using the reorchestrations that Endprodukt created. There are a ton more callouts and you can customize which ones to use and which ones not. It's fun to hear Indy curse when you lose your ball. And the actual John Williams score in stereo is ridiculous to hear with that game; you'll never be able to play one with the MIDI sounds again.

Order the sound board and PM me with any questions or if you need details.

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'm going to order one today so I'm sure I'll contct you with a few questions. Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
QSS

Sure. I've got a special place in my heart for Canadians...especially the ones in Alberta. Especially the ones near Moraine Lake, which I visit frequently because it's one of the most beautiful places on Earth. And since I'm a moocher, I always need places to crash when I'm up there, so ask all the questions you want. It won't cost you anything. Really.

1 week later
#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wondering if you guys can chime in and tell me if this sounds like it's dialed in right:
- Mode saucer ejects ball and it hit the top of the slingshot, and then bounces over to the right flipper. Most of the videos I've watched shows it dropping to the left flipper first.
- When ball comes out of bumpers, and comes down the Super Jackpot lane, it often goes right down the middle unless I give it a nudge and save it.
- When ball is launched, it goes to the "I" in INDY about 90% of the time.
I've leveled everything nicely, so I'm just wondering if the above sounds like normal IJ activity.
Also, I know I've seen fixes for the Mode saucer rejecting balls using foam. I ended up lining the left guide and backplate with magnetic tape and it seems to have made a slight improvement.

Left flipper.
Right flipper.
Mine goes to the Y most of the time.
Screw the tape. Take out the backplate and put foam all around the enclosure. Thank me later.

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hmmmmm... The SDTM drains I get coming down the Super Jackpot lane are annoying! It just didn't feel like it should do that, as it really messes up the otherwise nice flow. Any suggestions on how to improve/resolve this?
Also, to remove the backplate, do I have to remove the POA playfield?

Mine is jacked to either 7.5 degrees or even 8. Of course, check your level from side to side. I think you do have to partially remove the playfield to get to the screws underneath, but I don't think it has to come entirely out. Shouldn't take you more than a half hour to do all of it.

2 weeks later
#1700 6 years ago

7.5 Could be more...

#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And you're able to keep the POA running nicely like that? I'd think the ball would be bouncing around like crazy.
I'm going to try it when I get home and see if the increased slant makes deadens the bounces a bit and allows for some more control.

It does fly off the wall...but that makes it necessary to switch lanes once or twice to avoid the holes. More Indiana Jones-ish, if you ask me. He's usually running from trouble...not taking a leisurely stroll.

1 week later
#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So, I pulled the POA out, and removed the Mode backplate. First game I played at 6.5 degrees, the ball rejected half the shots to it, almost as if the ball was hitting it to fast and bouncing out (I just rebuilt the flippers).
I steepened the game a little, and the shot seems to be holding a bit better.
Hardest part of this whole thing was replacing the bulbs on the POA! What a pain in the ass!!!
Also, one problem I still have, is when the Mode shoots the ball back out, it goes on a weird angle and hit the top of the left slingshot putting the ball in danger. And tips to change alignment of the kick out?
Here's a photo of the backplate removal in case anyone else is considering doing this:

The problem is that you put WAY too much foam around the left side. It should only go in a U around the back of the hole...you shouldn't be able to see it from the player's perspective at all. You see where the foam is actually hanging over the lip of the hole? Trim it just behind there so that there's no overlap...and add a little on the right side wall as well - there's nothing to stop the ball rattling around over there. You just want to pad BEHIND the hole in case it overshoots...that way it hits the foam, which deadens the velocity and helps the ball drop into the hole.

#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

By "right side wall" do you mean the side where the ball guide is at? I'm restoring my IJ and caught this just in time, Thanks!
Btw, Did you put foam on the "roof" of the mode start plastic?

No foam on the roof, and good catch on the ball guide. Perhaps you don't need it on the right side (although for some reason I remember putting it there, but not on the ball guide). But you definitely have to start it back far enough where it's not hanging over the hole.

#1749 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You should sell some

You. Don't. Need. It.

He says the ball sticks with all that stuff 8 of 10 times. Mine sticks all the time with just the foam backing and no strike plate...and I have it set to 7.5 degrees (if not a touch more).

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its a game of chance Bezel!
Ive been reading this fix for years wondering why everyone wants to make the shot easier.
Its a game.
Mine, when i can make shot sticks 70% of the time, its not supposed to be 100%.
My 2 cents, dont hate me.
But this mod and fix is frustrating to read.
Enjoy the game as designed.

I have to disagree. The mode hole shot is one of the hardest in pinball...when you make it, it's supposed to stick. Imagine if every shot in pinball was just chance? I don't think people would play it for very long. This is actually a well-known design flaw that Mark Ritchie even talked about when I spoke to him at TPF last year. The second well-known flaw in that game is the airballs off of the standup targets (which is why they give you eternal life when the ball flies clear over your sling plastics and drains).

The shot IS supposed to be 100% - and you're ripping yourself off and making the game f-ing frustrating for no reason.

#1755 6 years ago

Yes...behind the target bank and the mode hole are the two high-wear areas.

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Eric,I hate you because your right!

...and Mark Ritchie is wrong. And the GOT orbit problem was "as designed" by Steve Ritchie.

Man, you gotta hand it to those Ritchie brothers. They sure design games that are wholly dependent on luck and chance.

#1758 6 years ago

Actual conversation with me and my wife last night:

Me: IJ is still my favorite game. And it should be my coffin, too.
Wife: Why waste the game? How about we put your ashes inside the game and the kids can keep playing it? Better yet, get an Ark of the Covenant mod and you can put your ashes IN the game while people still enjoy it.

Friggin' brilliant.

So keep your eye out for an IJ, fully modded with Boob's ashes. The only question is, does that increase the value or decrease it?

1 week later
#1809 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So just to clear this up a bit, is the endprodkt version the one to get?

It's the ONLY one to get.

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Anybody know what the trick is to perfectly apply the right ramp decal? I'm restoring my IJ and last night I removed the old decal, got rid of the residual glue with Goo Gone, and cleaned the ramp with Novus 1. Then I aligned the new decal with painter's tape. I peeled off the top half and used a squeegee to apply pressure and prevent any bubbles from forming. Then I Did the bottom half.
To my surprise, the decal had all sorts of lines and tiny bubbles all over! Ran the squeegee again several times over the decal to see If I could get rid of the lines and bubbles but most of them were still there. Didn't like the results and removed the decal. Will be ordering another one today. Is there a trick to applying these decals to make them look factory and flawless? Will the lines and bubbles disappear over time?
Thanks!

I've never had a problem with this (I think I did it on Congo and POTC). I just applied it freehand, no squeegee, and everything was fine. I would say that maybe it was because of the chemicals you used and you didn't allow sufficient time to dry before applying? I know with cabinet decals, you have to wait 2 weeks after painting or you'll get bubbles. I don't think you have to wait that long after what you did, but that might have caused the bubbles. Don't know about the lines, though...

#1816 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The Endprodukt one sounds amazing, but for variety, and to experience the game as it was originally designed, I would love to have the stock sounds.

Variety is nice, but I could never go back.

#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another question is whether to add LED or not?
If yes, what is the most tasteful kit without being over the top crazy looking?
Will finally be joining the club Friday!

Warm white LEDs in all the inserts and flashers, incandescent bulbs in the GI and backbox. It keeps the retro feel of the game and you don't have to go digging around to change insert bulbs...especially on the POA, which is a PITA.

#1825 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Warm white LEDs in all the inserts and flashers, incandescent bulbs in the GI and backbox. It keeps the retro feel of the game and you don't have to go digging around to change insert bulbs...especially on the POA, which is a PITA.

PS - You'll also have to get a LED OCD board to make the insert LEDs behave like incandescent bulbs. Makes a HUGE difference.

#1830 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What makes it such a PITA to change the POA bulbs? Is it the accessibility aspect of it? Are the sockets too tight? I got mine torn apart and will be adding LED's to it.

Yes...just getting under there is a PITA. Can you imagine doing it for each bulb? And then you have to tweak the playfield pitch just perfectly which is time consuming in itself.

#1832 6 years ago

No...I meant getting under there, which meant removing the POA. You'll see when you put it back in how tough it is to tweak the angle just right so the ball can go down every lane.

#1835 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is the recommended way to see if the POA is adjusted correctly and working as it should?

There are two ways to do it.

Trial and error.

I'm not shittin...you have to spend some time with it using a ball to see how it drops onto that playfield, adjusting the bent metal piece to center the ball drop, then tweaking the left right angle by playing games and seeing if you can access every lane from the ball drop. It's a very exact thing and it ain't easy. The most frustrating thing about IJ, IMO. Along with the mode hole bounce outs, that is.

#1853 6 years ago

I don't like you much.

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - I need your opinion on something. I was just told reproduction PFs do not exist for IJ. Would like to confirm - see below.
I recently sold my really nice IJ to a pinsider here. During the sale he insisted the PF was not original. He even had a webpage where it's circled (repro vs prod). He showed me on the left hand apron (used his phone's flashlight) that there were numbers printed in a line and I saw that one had purple around it. He said that those numbers were not on the original (talked about slightly diff colors). To me it looked great and I had no idea that a repro even existed. Ultimately, I ended up reducing price b/c of it (450). Not huge amount and he drove 4 hrs so wanted to be a good seller since he seemed disappointed by it.
Now I could have stayed with the same price and said forget it but if that story was all BS, I would like to know. I'm still happy with price but now I'm curious. I have checked other PFs during that day and didn't see these numbers either so now I'm really curious what's going on. I'm not mentioning any names as I'm not accusing anyone of anything yet - just want to get the facts straight. I know that the machine was upgraded by previous seller (found out nice decals were on, chrome everything, etc).
Thoughts?

I'm almost sure repro playfields were never done for IJ. You probably had a different playfield put in your machine with a serial number that didn't match the game. Who cares? HEP put in a NOS playfield in my machine during the resto. He asked me first because he said some people care about the matching numbers. To me that's ridiculous. I care about having an amazing game.

I could be wrong, but my opinion is that the buyer hosed you for 450. If he didn't like the mismatched numbers it wasn't the machine for him. Top 5 games restored with Mirco playfields don't lose value because of the playfield...they gain value because they look brand new.

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone know how to turn off the knocker? And is it hard to find a nos or a nicer quality replacement playfield. My playfield is nowhere near bad but im planning on doing a full restore at some point

Unplug the knocker in the backbox. Not sure why you'd want to do that, though...IJ has one of the coolest replay effects when the cracking whip animation is synced with the knocker.

NOS playfields are almost impossible to come by, and the one I got installed cost me more than many machines. But I have problems, obviously.

#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Ive had the knocker turned off in every pinball ive had.

Sucks to be you...I live for knockers.

Gotta be in the menu somewhere, then. Now you're going to go make me look....

Okay...looked in the manual and in the menu. There's nothing there. That's because they want you to experience the brilliance of there programming when the knocker fires. It's just a little bit of awesome.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have 2 quick questions. My indy when playing seems to be randomly adding players. Example i play 2 person a lot and when player 2 finishes a 3rd and 4th player seem to have been added. 2nd we were playing one game and found that game had basically restarted(ball 1 0 scores) . Are we pressing something we shouldnt or is there something wrong with the machine?

You would think it's a flaky start switch that's adding players; it's probably not, though.

When I had this problem, it was a crunched diode on a switch on the path of adventure...bottom right switch, I think it was. It sits right above the mode hole and gets squashed against the switch, creating a short that creates the problems you're describing.

See if you can take a look under there to see if that's the problem. If so, you just have to straighten all that stuff out and you should be good to go.

Otherwise...yeah - it's a flaky start button.

#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from cybermarco:

Look at the switch at the bottom right of the Path of Adventure. It's probably hit by a ball and shorting out. This is a common problem and causes random adding of extra players.

Good. I was right.

#1905 6 years ago

Bottom right lane rollover switch on the path of adventure. Problem is, the area you need to get to is on the underside of the mini playfield, which requires disassembly, I think. (It's been 2 years since I had to do this...can't quite remember.)

#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

I am now also an owner, but a sad owner. Picked it up more than a week ago and just today was able to set it up in the basement but the display does not come up and it continues to kick balls out. It should work because I saw it working before I bought it, is there maybe a trick on how to switch it on?
Short video.
» YouTube video

Double check all the cables leading to the display panel to make sure one didn't come loose. Same thing for the trough opto boards on the underside. Most likely a connector came loose under there, and the board thinks all the balls are in the trough which is why it's kicking them out. Stuff gets jostled during transport. Don't be upset about it...the fine folks on this site will help you through it!

#1936 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Thanks you all! Indeed F116 was it, replaced it by 3A SB. Now trying to get some first games...
Yes, it is with colorDMD and pinsound, so there should have been a separate power supply for that?

Glad you got it fixed...sorry I couldn't be more help (I'm at Pintastic now). Told you these guys on Pinside are awesome.

2 weeks later
#1979 6 years ago

I think the wood grain is sprayed on...there's probably more painted there than you think. He did my Jacks Open, and the wood grain was painted so well I didn't even realize it was fake. Really nice work! If you have a before picture you'd be able to tell.

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

For those of you that have a clear coated IJ playfield...What (brad point) drill bit sizes are the most commonly used to drill out the clear? I need to drill out each hole to begin my assembly. Most of them are pretty tiny. Took a trip to Lowe's and Home Depot but the only Brad point drill bits they had were way too big for this project. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There are special bits that I bought from Ron Kruzman - very fine diamond headed sanding-type drill bits that relieve the clear without chipping or doing damage. I would contact him and he'll sell you a set (I think it was only $10 or $15) and give you priceless advice to boot. kruzman is his Pinside handle, I think.

Quoted from tonycip:

The cc is nice, but I'm not a fan of the faked wood grain, I noticed it right away.

I can tell you that my Jacks Open looks amazing reassembled, and NOBODY notices that the wood grain is fake. Once you have all of the plastics and everything on, hardly any of it is exposed enough to the player to look fake.

20170728_150349 (resized).jpg20170728_150349 (resized).jpg

#1992 6 years ago

Doesn't that remove too much of the diameter vs. not enough depth? You don't really want the hole to be visible when you put the wireform, etc. in.

1 week later
#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is there a difference between 1N4001 and 1N4004?

Get the 4004. You can use either, but the 4004 is a more robust diode that can handle more voltage. Just a safer way to go.

1 week later
#2086 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I tried modifying the deflector. I elongated the holes and bent it up. Worthless. Remove it completely. I then install the thick blue rubber bumper used on ramps directly behind the hole on the rail guide (see link). I installed regular foam on the rails on the side of the mode hole. It is recessed deep enough where you don't see the foam. After removing that stupid deflector and applying foam I can stick the hole 85-90% of the time.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=689

Or use dead drop foam from Pinbits, which is what I've been telling people here for 2 years now...

2 weeks later
#2125 6 years ago

The switch protector is great. But the deflector needs to be taken out. I'd add more along the left side...I think I put it out until about an inch from the front, but I need to check my machine to see.

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its pinball, game supposed to be hard.
Leave deflector in, add small piece of dead foam to it. Or leave it factory. Game at 6 1/2 deg youll make that shot plenty of times.

Again...this is a design flaw that Mark Ritchie has acknowledged. Has nothing to do with making the game easier. And my game is pitched over 7 degrees to make it really fast. Why should I suffer and hate the game because of a design flaw? Fix the thing, pitch it the way you want, and enjoy.

If you had a scoop eject that shot the ball STDM, would you just leave it?

#2130 6 years ago

My foam goes along the left side to the front lip of the hole btw.

#2149 6 years ago

Dear Mr. K. Freak:

Could you post pictures of the drill bits you used to relieve the clear around the playfield holes? Did you get your kit from Ron? He sells a 3-pack that's terrific. Just wondering what method YOU used to take care of the clearcoat. Thanks.

Your Friend,
Boob.

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Boob,
Yes, I used a dremmel and glue kit I bought from Ron. I also bought brad drill bits from Lee Valley Tools. The kit is great and makes removing clear fast, easy and stress free. I tried using the brad drill bits to relieve clear around the holes but they are a bit too harsh for my taste. It is almost impossible to judge when you cut the clear and are about to hit bare wood with them. The only time I use the brad drill bits now is to remove clear from inside the hole only.
Ron's dremmel bits are excellent for removing the clear on top of the hole so your screws don't touch clear when you install them and cause any halos. The bits are super easy to work with. Just light pressure on the dremmel (low speed) and let the bit do its job. The kit comes with different sized bits for different applications. Some are great for tiny holes, some are great for bigger holes and some are great for pop bumper nail/screw holes and so on and so forth. My apologies to you Boob. As much as I would love to share pics of the dremmel bits, Ron, very politely, asked me not to post pictures of his kit. I'm sure he has his reasons. I could possibly post pics of a hole drilled out and how to apply the glue to it. If you are on the fence about buying his kit, trust me, it is worth every penny. I'm sure the pros don't need it but for a rookie like myself, it is very very helpful. Thanks!

Totally understood. I had forgotten Ron had requested that. No worries!

#2182 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

here is the new color design for my ramp mod.
for more info and sign in:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod

we need 25 people to start the first run. discount until Friday!

You know what the worst part about that mod is? That it's so nice, it makes the one on the other side look like shit. And that's the greatest compliment I can give you. So you really need to make one for the right side as well.

1 week later
#2224 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I am a new Indy owner as of a few months ago. I must say it is the best game I have ever played. I love the colors, music and call outs. The ramp shots are sweet as well. The toys are great. It reminds me of my TZ.

It's my grail for a reason.

#2226 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I figured you for more of a Future Spa/Gladiators grail guy.

You're the one that restored a Bally Atlantis.

#2233 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Hot Babes on dolphins,yeh what was I thinking.

I was thinking more of Skittles.

#2261 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Seems like stainless would be right, Williams always did stainless trim right? Anyone powder coat theirs in a metallic orange? I'm not a fan of the golds and bronze's.....Orange is such a predominate color in the game I would think a metallic orange trim would L@@K nice

It'll look like a pumpkin. Great for Halloween. Not so good for the rest of the year.

#2268 6 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I beg to disagree...

Sorry. I've got to stick with my original opinion. Doesn't work for me at all.

1 week later
#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Does anybody that removed their metal deflector at the mode start scoop like to sell it? I need one for Popeye and it's the same part, 01-11160. Marco has it listed for $5 but is out of stock and I can't find anyone that has it. Thanks!

Just an FYI to everyone with this game: I've contacted Kerry at Mantis Amusements about the fact that this part is currently unobtainium, and he's agreed to make a repro part. I'm going to send him my deflector to use as a template, and he should have the part available relatively soon for anyone that would need it for IJ, Popeye, or any other game that uses that style deflector.

Beelzeboob: Saving pinball one part at a time.

#2337 6 years ago

Nope. (Mine has a magnet riveted on the back that HEP put there in an attempt to solve the mode hole rejection problem.)

20171001_204343 (resized).jpg20171001_204343 (resized).jpg

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Beelzeboob: "Remove the scoop you simpletons, you don't need it!"
Beelzeboob: "We need more scoops, they're unobtainum!"

I would call you a dick but you're bigger than me. No...I was trying to help out another Pinsider who was looking for one and PM'ed me about it (see above). Then I saw there's a whole thread about this part going back two years and people have paid insane prices on Ebay to get them. So I figure let's let Mantis make them and sell them for a normal price again.

Just one of the many services I offer. The other ones are usually in bathroom stalls when Taxman is nearby.

#2381 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If you can make 3 you can make 30 and sell for a lot of $$, no?

Not once Rick gets wind of it.

2 weeks later
#2462 6 years ago

Good news: Mode hole backstops are now "obtanium" through Mantis:

https://mantispinball.com/product/indiana-jones-start-mode-bracket/

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good news? Isn't this backstop the root of all our problems?

It's good news for people who give a shit. Me? Not so much.

#2467 6 years ago

You could throw it up there with your hand and it would still bounce out. It's a design flaw. But whatever...I'd love to see how your game plays differently from everybody else's. It just doesn't make any sense.

2 years later
#5516 4 years ago

IJ is my favorite game ever. But I'm not a fan of the glitter at all. Maybe I'm just a purist.

What was removed from the playfield art? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will make me...

#5520 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

IJ is my favorite game ever. But I'm not a fan of the glitter at all. Maybe I'm just a purist.
What was removed from the playfield art? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will make me...

So I just reread Mirco's post, and it still took me a while to figure out what the "Barcodearea" he removed from the playfield art was. I couldn't even get past how to pronounce the friggin' word. Then my blonde moment passed, and I figured out what it meant. So, yeah...I'm still rolling my eyes, but it's at my own stupidity.

#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So what was removed exactly?

Look at the word again. He missed the space bar when he was typing it. Too funny...

1 month later
#5841 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

i would like to report some data:
3 years ago today, following advice given by the infamous Beelzeboob, i removed the metal stop from behind the mode start. And then lined the area behind with drop dead foam.
Conclusions: ball remained in mode start 94.7%. (+\- ~1.5%)

Quoted from paynemic:

Weird. Mine was 95.1%?!

Aww, shucks...

6 months later
#7255 3 years ago

The good: Finishing 10 modes.
The bad: Finishing 12 modes.

1 week later
#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

So the new mod by Ricochet is a must have, not the Color DMD [quoted image]

Or you just remove the entire f**king deflector, line the area with dead drop foam, and get 100% stick rate on the mode hole.

Then buy the Color DMD...which is the best Color DMD programming for any Bally/Williams game.

(Disclaimer: I think Ricochet 's mod is brilliant...just not for me because my system works perfectly!)

#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Pics or it didn't happen

Don't need the pics. There are multiple testimonials by other users WAY earlier in this thread (like, years ago...). Here's the latest one:

Quoted from paynemic:

I tried all of the potential fixes. Nothing worked for me. I had the dang poa off so many times! Finally I just took the metal thing out and foamed it like boob advocates and it’s been great ever since. Occasional brick out just to keep it interesting, but it works the it “should” (IMO).

Again...I think the mod that's been developed is brilliant...REALLY. I just don't find it necessary for MY machine because the full removal of the deflector and lining the area with foam has had perfect results for me with no damage to the game whatsoever. (And I have an HEP IJ with a clearcoated NOS playfield, so I wouldn't risk that kind of investment if I thought it would get damaged.)

#7400 3 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

can someone with an LCD color DMD post a short vid of theirs so that I/we can compare the two? (seems most that have LCD have it to Dots XL)
thanks,
m

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

4 months later
#7963 3 years ago

Or just take the scoop out and line the back with foam. Mine has worked perfectly for the past 5 years. I'm sure Ricochet will have an awesome replacement, though.

#7981 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes that's a great solution!
But the point is, innovation, ingenuity, and hard work are valid things to invest in.
And the concept if just freakin' cool !
I mean, steel inertia trap? Awesome!
There are many applications for this.
Im in !

I completely agree. I'm just saying that for me, I've never felt the need to replace the scoop since everything has worked perfectly. Every machine is different, and I'm rooting for Ricochet to put out a kick ass product.

4 weeks later
#8098 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Damn. I want to do that but I’m paranoid those will come crashing down on my $400 PDI glass

$400? You got ripped off.

#8105 2 years ago

$350 plus shipping. Where you ordering it for cheaper?

Well, I got mine a few years ago so I suppose it went up. I also bought them in batches to save on shipping. You gotta plan ahead.

1 week later
#8188 2 years ago

Congrats Ricochet on a fantastic product. As you know, I've done well with using the foam-lined mode hole fix. But this sounds to be so well designed and fabricated I might just have to get in on one. You know...to keep as a spare.

Thanks for making a great game even better...it's people like you that make this hobby a joy to be a part of.

#8195 2 years ago

Plus its a 12 min install and no modifications at all.
Its a genius solution.

My only worry is getting that POA dialed in right when you put it back in. It was a bitch the last time I did it.

Put me on the list, Ricochet!

#8200 2 years ago

It shouldnt be a huge problem.
Remove the single nut to remove the wireform.
Rrmove the plastic under the wireform by removing its 2 nuts.
Remove the single screw for the ball channel, lift the front of it to the left without removing it to access the funnel screw and POA front foot screws.
Remove the funnel piece.
Remove the POA 2 screws for the front foot and release the motor set screw.
Lift it off an stuff a balled up towel under it and go to work.
Since you don't really have to remove anything crucial it should go together exactly as it was.
You dont even have to unplug the connector if you don't want to.
Literally a 10 min job if youve done it before for cleaning.

Thanks so much for all that. I've removed the POA playfield before, but the big concern for me is getting it tweaked just right so you can get the ball to drop into either side when the lock releases. You need to have that just right or it doesn't work properly.

#8221 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4u:

Ha Ha Ha - classy as always Wayne!
FWIW I did point out to pinballinreno that you had nothing to do with his "issue".

Welcome to Pinside! From what I've seen of your posts, you'll fit in perfectly here.

1 week later
#8260 2 years ago

Damn that back glass tho

Beautiful game, but I don't know if this is a positive or negative comment...

...perhaps because I haven't been able to decide if I like it or not. It's nice, yes...but I'm not sure I'm ready to sub it in for the traditional look. I've been going back and forth on this for over a year. I'm sure I'll decide to get it as soon as it's out of stock.

4 weeks later
#8473 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

There is a WPC scratch build group on FB. I am sure someone has a source for this.
If all else fails, I can create a remake.

Do you have a link for this group? Or the exact name? I can't find it.

1 month later
#8899 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I swear Davi and I an not competing or colluding and I am no longer into pinball so I don't check here often. I also just had 25 of my airball mods made. I probably wouldn't have if I knew Davi was. Mine are clear. His look much better than mine. Mine are just clear laser cut plastic. I'll give props when they are due. By the time I receive mine (in production now) his may be sold out. Prices on everything went so mine will be $30 a set shipped.
What are the odds we both made ours at same time? Davi, honestly, I would have waited if I known you made yours. I hope yours sell out.

Well, with the way USPS has been going, one would probably have a better chance of getting Davi's from Budapest before yours from San Diego. Even if you live in LA.

I think your post was a class act, btw...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.