20240309_142957 (resized).jpg
20240309_143029 (resized).jpg
20240309_143041 (resized).jpg
20240309_143117 (resized).jpg
20240309_143149 (resized).jpg
20240309_143204 (resized).jpg
20240309_143242 (resized).jpg
20240309_143236 (resized).jpg

There are 11,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 231.
#951 7 years ago

Awesome! Very helpful! I really appreciate it - those show me all I need to see!

#952 7 years ago

I'm about to do a full cabinet restore and have brass incoming for most of the cabinet. The one thing I haven't sent or seen anyone mention about is getting the IDOL head and apron wireform done. I'm thinking I may send them out as well. Does anyone have any pics of these done or comments about getting them done?

I already have the brass wireforms and legs done. I sent out my gun and getting lock down bar, side rails, and back glass stop. I'm leaving the coin door black. I was also considering the left wire form brace and POA bottom ramp as well.

Thoughts?

#953 7 years ago

These are the parts I'm considering:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#954 7 years ago

That will look awesome. I find that I don't mind the silvery chrome look inside the pin too much. It seems to pick up some of the overall amber tone of the lighting and blends in well.

#955 7 years ago

Please check out my new Eject Light mod for Indiana Jones Pinball. This interactive mod will light up your Eject saucer area when it will score Mode Start, Hand of Fate or Extra Ball. Thank you for looking!

http://www.leesparts.com/products/indianajones-eject-light.html

Here is a video of it in action -

IJEjectModeStart300400_(resized).jpgIJEjectModeStart300400_(resized).jpg
IJEjectHandofFate300400_(resized).jpgIJEjectHandofFate300400_(resized).jpg
IJEjectExtraBall300400_(resized).jpgIJEjectExtraBall300400_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#956 7 years ago

A friend of mine who's not on Pinside bought a project IJ that came without the idol. They apparently aren't available to buy, which would have been his first choice.

He borrowed one from another friend, made a silicone rubber mold of it, made a new idol out of casting resin, and has started to paint it. Looks pretty good to me so far.

Anyone else out there need one of these made? Pricing and actual production will be based on how many people might want one.

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

A friend of mine who's not on Pinside bought a project IJ that came without the idol. They apparently aren't available to buy, which would have been his first choice.
He borrowed one from another friend, made a silicone rubber mold of it, made a new idol out of casting resin, and has started to paint it. Looks pretty good to me so far.
Anyone else out there need one of these made? Pricing and actual production will be based on how many people might want one.

I'd be interested in one.

#958 7 years ago

Before I post it up for sale, I have a decent cabinet I'm selling for pickup only that is faded on the right. It's solid but I'd think someone that wants this would install new decals. I may have some decals for sale to go with it. It will come with some Pingraffix Indy blades, rails, lock down bar (no receiver), hinges. I don't have any spare coin doors or legs.

DSCN1794_(resized).JPGDSCN1794_(resized).JPG

DSCN1793_(resized).JPGDSCN1793_(resized).JPG

DSCN1791_(resized).JPGDSCN1791_(resized).JPG

DSCN1790_(resized).JPGDSCN1790_(resized).JPG

DSCN1788_(resized).JPGDSCN1788_(resized).JPG

DSCN1787_(resized).JPGDSCN1787_(resized).JPG

DSCN1796_(resized).JPGDSCN1796_(resized).JPG

DSCN1795_(resized).JPGDSCN1795_(resized).JPG

#959 7 years ago

I have a more or less stock IJ with the following upgrades:

ColorDMD
Upgraded speakers
Brass wire forms
Lighted Ruins mod

What other mods/items do you think are the best bang for buck for a grail/keeper?

Pin sound?
Invisiglass?
Shaker?
Something else?

#960 7 years ago

Invisiglass and pinsound. Amazing.

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

I have a more or less stock IJ with the following upgrades:
ColorDMD
Upgraded speakers
Brass wire forms
Lighted Ruins mod
What other mods/items do you think are the best bang for buck for a grail/keeper?
Pin sound?
Invisiglass?
Shaker?
Something else?

Okay...IJ is my grail machine, and I spent about the price of a small car to try to get it where I wanted it to be, quality-wise, before I said f**k it and sent it off to HEP.

IJ is NOT a machine you want to over-mod. Tron? Yes. LOTR? Certainly. AFM? Of course!

But IJ just looks too cheesy when you start jamming figures in there and putting lighting where it doesn't belong. And the shaker doesn't really do much for that game, so skip it (and I have shakers in almost all my machines).

Here's what I did to mine, and I think it looks amazing (as did Chris at HEP):

PDI glass
Brass trim on everything (rails, hinges, legs, habitrails, apron guard) and black nickel-plated gun by Mike Chestnut (RIP)
Pinsound card with reorchestrations
FF speaker upgrade
Color DMD
Motorized plane propeller
LEDs in inserts ONLY (all warm white, controlled by LED OCD card) and LED flashers
Incandescent GI and back glass
Gold captive ball (which Chris put in...it's really cool)
Jackpot lighting mod
Bridge lighting mod

And I think that's it. Really more than enough for that game, IMO. (The last two were supposed to be in the original version of the game, but were scrapped.)

Have fun, and let me know if I can help in any way.

#962 7 years ago

Thanks for the input!
I forgot to list that I have warm white LEDs. Definitely want to keep the warm retro feel. need LEDocd for the flicker.

Will check out a gold captive ball. Hadn't seen those.

I just have to decide pin sound or invisiglass next. Those will both end up bought, just not sure of the order.

No figurines or junk like that.

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

I just have to decide pin sound or invisiglass next. Those will both end up bought, just not sure of the order.

Pinsound by a wide, wide margin.

#964 7 years ago

Consider purchasing the Lost Plastic

#965 7 years ago

I just re-watched the trilogy this past week for the first time since I was a kid. It's a lot cheesier than I remembered, but as far as playfield toys go, the available "add-ons" are barely a part of the movie--the blimp, mine cart, rock rolling toward Indy. Definitely better off just improving the sound and a few lights like the spinning idol light mod. If anything, I'd almost replace the HUGE planes with smaller versions. The plane scene is what, 5 minutes? Kinda strange that they made them so big.

1 week later
#966 7 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Pinsound by a wide, wide margin.

Anybody have access to the IJ reorchestrations? Would be much appreciated!

#967 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...IJ is my grail machine, and I spent about the price of a small car to try to get it where I wanted it to be, quality-wise, before I said f**k it and sent it off to HEP.
IJ is NOT a machine you want to over-mod. Tron? Yes. LOTR? Certainly. AFM? Of course!
But IJ just looks too cheesy when you start jamming figures in there and putting lighting where it doesn't belong. And the shaker doesn't really do much for that game, so skip it (and I have shakers in almost all my machines).
Here's what I did to mine, and I think it looks amazing (as did Chris at HEP):
PDI glass
Brass trim on everything (rails, hinges, legs, habitrails, apron guard) and black nickel-plated gun by Mike Chestnut (RIP)
Pinsound card with reorchestrations
FF speaker upgrade
Color DMD
Motorized plane propeller
LEDs in inserts ONLY (all warm white, controlled by LED OCD card) and LED flashers
Incandescent GI and back glass
Gold captive ball (which Chris put in...it's really cool)
Jackpot lighting mod
Bridge lighting mod
And I think that's it. Really more than enough for that game, IMO. (The last two were supposed to be in the original version of the game, but were scrapped.)
Have fun, and let me know if I can help in any way.

Shaker does a lot when it's driven by the Pinsound Board. I Really don't want to miss it.

#968 7 years ago

Hi, I am the new owner of an IJ that was still service in a bar few months ago.
It's not in bad shape, playfield is nice and cabinet not faded, but has few scratches...
I intend to brass the wires ramp because they need it!
As I also need a new set of legs, I was wondering if I take them gold with new gold side rail and lock bar, or leave it silver?
What do you think of it?

IMG_20160803_175111_800x600_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_175111_800x600_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160803_175138_800x600_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_175138_800x600_(resized).jpg

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Hi, I am the new owner of an IJ that was still service in a bar few months ago.
It's not in bad shape, playfield is nice and cabinet not faded, but has few scratches...
I intend to brass the wires ramp because they need it!
As I also need a new set of legs, I was wondering if I take them gold with new gold side rail and lock bar, or leave it silver?
What do you think of it?

Need more pics to judge condition.

#970 7 years ago

more pics...
unfortunatly pictures don't show but colors on cabinet and playfield are still bright and deep, just very dirty...

IMG_20160803_215822_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_215822_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160803_215725_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_215725_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160803_215751_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_215751_(resized).jpg

#971 7 years ago

I have some cabinet decals for sale:

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Part of a licensed set bought from Bay Area that I don't need. Prices include shipping in the 48 US states. I also have the coin door and back box decals. Pricing below: Left c...”
2016-07-27
Reading, PA
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 138 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Part of a licensed set bought from Bay Area that I don't need. Prices include shipping in the 48 US states. I also have the coin door and back box decals. Pricing below: Left c...”
2016-07-27
Reading, PA
Viewed: 113 times

Parts - For Sale
2016-07-27
Reading, PA
Viewed: 63 times
Contributed to Pinside

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from mike99:

Anybody have access to the IJ reorchestrations? Would be much appreciated!

Secured a copy, thanks to those that replied!

#973 7 years ago

Anyone seen any custom aprons for IJA? I've had an idea for an all black apron with the a laser-cut back-lit Indiana Jones logo. Wondering if anyone has done it already.

That being said, the original apron is pretty great, but I kind of hate my insert cards. Anyone got any suggestions? Might just have to cook something up in photoshop.

#974 7 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

more pics...
unfortunatly pictures don't show but colors on cabinet and playfield are still bright and deep, just very dirty...

Looks like it has great potential to be a really nice machine....nice pickup.

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone seen any custom aprons for IJA? I've had an idea for an all black apron with the a laser-cut back-lit Indiana Jones logo. Wondering if anyone has done it already.
That being said, the original apron is pretty great, but I kind of hate my insert cards. Anyone got any suggestions? Might just have to cook something up in photoshop.

I'm looking for something to, asked a designer to do something but not ready yet. If you have any great idea i would be interested.

#976 7 years ago

Just to let the club know. I had problems by powering my mods. I found the tank mod was my problem...however the solution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-can-cause-f116-to-burn-every-30min#post-3293383

Lou

1 week later
#977 7 years ago

In researching the Pinsound, it sounds like a lot of the files have been pulled down, I guess licensing issues or something. My question is if you get a Pinsound, where do you get the files to download or do you have to make your own? How difficult is it to make your own? I tried reading up on it on the Pinsound website and it is hard for me to tell.

#978 7 years ago

PM is the way to go for sound files - worth it too. You can do your own, but takes a lot of effort to extract everything off the DVD's

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

PM is the way to go for sound files - worth it too. You can do your own, but takes a lot of effort to extract everything off the DVD's

I see . But how do you know who to PM? Do I put out a request on this forum?

#980 7 years ago

Anyone have a set of Speaker Grills? I need a set......

#981 7 years ago

I just added IJ to my collection and I notice that the playfield by the lock hole behind the three drop targets is getting badly chipped. I can't find a protector for the lock hole. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can protect that part of the playfield?

#982 7 years ago
Quoted from gvac:

I just added IJ to my collection and I notice that the playfield by the lock hole behind the three drop targets is getting badly chipped. I can't find a protector for the lock hole. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can protect that part of the playfield?

Can you take a picture of the spot? Might help with some ideas for someone to share.

#983 7 years ago

Here's a photo of the damage I referred to. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

20160826_142350 (resized).jpg20160826_142350 (resized).jpg

#984 7 years ago
Quoted from deanearp:

endprodukt is responsive, or can pm me and I'll share a dropbox link.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from deanearp:

Quoted from dendoc:

endprodukt is responsive, or can pm me and I'll share a dropbox link.

I PM'ed Deanearp 3 times, but have gotten no response...

1 week later
#986 7 years ago

You guys realise that this can't be shared and you pretty much get me in trouble for even asking, right?

#987 7 years ago

And seriously. Sharing these files behind my back is utmost disrespect for the countless hours of work and the shit I had to take by PPS.

By now everyone interested in my work should know why it's not available. I wish it was different but that's the way it is.

Some people had access to this very old version on pinsound community and I can't change that. Please consider it to be piracy as long as there is no official go by either PPS, PINSOUND or me.

#988 7 years ago

Toying with the idea of selling my WMS Indiana Jones. Pictures are below. PM me for more details

http://imgur.com/a/un58p

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Toying with the idea of selling my WMS Indiana Jones. Pictures are below. PM me for more details
http://imgur.com/a/un58p

Wish you were local!

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Wish you were local!

I have to update my location. I'm actually in Cincinnati, OH now!

1 week later
#991 7 years ago

Installed this on mine What do you guys think?

IndianaJones3DLED-Topper96dpi-900px (resized).jpgIndianaJones3DLED-Topper96dpi-900px (resized).jpg

IndianaJones3DLED-Topper_LIT (resized).jpgIndianaJones3DLED-Topper_LIT (resized).jpg

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Installed this on mine What do you guys think?

I like it, where did you buy?

#993 7 years ago

Good price on Indiana Jones cabinet decals if anyone is doing a restoration:

http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/indiana-jones-williams-pinball-cabinet-decals/

Even better when they're unobtainium from everywhere else.

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Good price on Indiana Jones cabinet decals if anyone is doing a restoration:
http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/indiana-jones-williams-pinball-cabinet-decals/
Even better when they're unobtainium from everywhere else.

Thanks for the tip! Gotta love the exchange rate with the pound these days

#995 7 years ago

Hello!

I just joined the club 2 days ago! This machine is the real deal!

I got a couple of questions hopefully someone can help me:

Do any of you have the issue of the ball getting stuck under the left ramp and right behind the mode start hole? What is the best way to minimize this?

The green airplane lights: When are they supposed to turn on and how can they be replaced or fixed? Thanks!

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello!
Do any of you have the issue of the ball getting stuck under the left ramp and right behind the mode start hole? What is the best way to minimize this?
The green airplane lights: When are they supposed to turn on and how can they be replaced or fixed? Thanks!

For the ball getting stuck back there I've rarely had this. Mine is setup relatively steep though. Maybe try that and make sure you're good and level side to side.

Plane lights: do you mean the red LED's? Pretty sure they go off when you do ramps back to back. Maybe other times too.

#997 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello!

You may be missing the metal deflector behind the mode saucer. Some people take it out because the ball can bounce off it and not stay in the saucer.

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

You may be missing the metal deflector behind the mode saucer. Some people take it out because the ball can bounce off it and not stay in the saucer.

Well the metal for the saucer is there. I meant right behind the saucer on the other side there is a "wall" where the ball just completely stops

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

For the ball getting stuck back there I've rarely had this. Mine is setup relatively steep though. Maybe try that and make sure you're good and level side to side.
Plane lights: do you mean the red LED's? Pretty sure they go off when you do ramps back to back. Maybe other times too.

Good tip!

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do any of you have the issue of the ball getting stuck under the left ramp and right behind the mode start hole? What is the best way to minimize this?!

Welcome to the club!

Now about your problem. Incline is the easiest and quickest fix, should be at least 6.5 degrees. Could also be that your playfield, rubbers, and balls are too dirty. I used to have balls get stuck their occasionally but since the last time I shopped the pin and changed the balls it hasn't happened.

Also, how lively are your pop bumpers? If they don't kick the ball around much it might not get enough inertia to travel down the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
$ 1,419.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
25,000 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 231.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.