(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,481 posts
  • 759 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 381 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 334 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(655 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_172901 (resized).jpg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0825 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 310.
#1001 2 years ago

Any current owners, please post a picture of the playfield rubber schematics page from the manual. I want to know what sizes to order. Ty

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From the FAQ:
Will the Cliffys for the original fit the remake?
They should because playfield cutout dimensions are identical to the original. The ramp and shooter lane Cliffys should fit. The drop target protectors should fit as well but may interfere with the operation of redesigned drop targets.
Unlike the original the remake comes with protectors installed for the mine entrance, left of the Big Bart mechanism, the drain area and Mylar around the drop targets so those areas may not need additional protection.
[Answer will be updated when Cliff has verified/commented]
==
The Mine and Big Bart protectors were added very early in production based on experience with the show games. There was also another change added a few weeks ago (I think) to prevent ball traps in the upper left ball gate. There may have been one more but I can’t remember.

EDIT:
Thanks, but I ordered them one day before this thread was created.

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

please post a picture of the playfield rubber schematics page from the manual.

8FE1433E-EFB5-489E-B413-1EFFD4F40EF1 (resized).jpeg8FE1433E-EFB5-489E-B413-1EFFD4F40EF1 (resized).jpeg

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Glad it looks like the backglass is ready, though!

That was only the proof. PPS has gone radio silent on current status after saying the initial orders would ship by end of 1Q. They said they would have more to show us but that was quite a while ago.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That was only the proof. PPS has gone radio silent on current status after saying the initial orders would ship by end of 1Q. They said they would have more to show us but that was quite a while ago.

I almost ordered the backglass from my distributor in December just so I’d have something to show while waiting for my SE. Glad I didn’t.

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I almost ordered the backglass from my distributor in December just so I’d have something to show while waiting for my SE. Glad I didn’t.

PPS not following through when they promise parts etc. Say it ain’t so!

#1007 2 years ago

The mirror looks great and would go nice with HS and ES I have with them, but still glad I didn’t order as to me the Brian Allen look is for the win.

#1008 2 years ago

jfh ty for the rubber schematic

#1009 2 years ago

I should be getting my game soon. I already ordered the train track mod. Any other mods available yet? I know the mod makers need to get their hands on the game to REALLY get things crafted. Just curious if someone is already on it...

#1010 2 years ago

First Chicago gaming machine and it is a beauty. A couple of minor tweaks, realignment of shooter rod and need to figure out the loose lockdown bar. Big thanks to Mike at Pinballs.com. All went well accept Chicago gaming forgot to pack a power cord. I’m using the one from my mame machine. Mike is on it and already shipped one out.

5A68E771-7DCF-4315-81E4-108AA1A53FC2 (resized).jpeg5A68E771-7DCF-4315-81E4-108AA1A53FC2 (resized).jpeg75A56E2D-8E28-4B93-B9E2-12D1688B30C9 (resized).jpeg75A56E2D-8E28-4B93-B9E2-12D1688B30C9 (resized).jpegFA99093B-3744-42FB-9274-0DEB9E563226 (resized).jpegFA99093B-3744-42FB-9274-0DEB9E563226 (resized).jpeg
#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Any other mods available yet?

All known mods are in the FAQ in the first post which will be updated as new ones are available.

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

First Chicago gaming machine and it is a beauty. A couple of minor tweaks, realignment of shooter rod and need to figure out the loose lockdown bar. Big thanks to Mike at Pinballs.com. All went well accept Chicago gaming forgot to pack a power cord. I’m using the one from my mame machine. Mike is on it and already shipped one out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!!!

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jealous when did you order and from which distributor.

#1014 2 years ago

Thanks Richard. It’s an easy shooter and a lot of fun. It’s a instant hit with the family.

#1015 2 years ago

come on CGC .... get Richard his dam game .... export one please !

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Jealous when did you order and from which distributor.

3 weeks ago…my distributor is Automated or pinballs.com.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Well that ducking blows I ordered in November lol.

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

So you ordered only 3 weeks ago!?

Man, Richard is getting screwed over

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

there is no rhyme or reason the way these things are being delivered !

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Tell me about it. I ordered late October. 2 days after announced.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:there is no rhyme or reason the way these things are being delivered !

Ya for sure it’s driving me crazy super excited but the wait is painful.

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Tell me about it. I ordered late October. 2 days after announced.

Yeah I was on the fence this or Halloween I did order around 8 days after they started taking deposits.

Let’s hope it will be soon.

#1023 2 years ago

Seems the QC is slightly lacking with reports coming in of people having to fix issues with their brand new machine; albeit minor issues but issues all the same. Maybe we need CGC to slow down a little and stop rushing ???

#1024 2 years ago

A few questions for all "new sheriffs"

1. Anyone adjust the outlane posts on both the right and left sides of the playfield? I feel like the factory setting is too unforgiving regarding left/right drains but then again maybe I'm just a really poor player (possible)...

2. I've watched some other gameplay videos of CCr the last few days on Youtube (at pin events since the game's introduction by CGC) and it appears that during these games the Bart toy seems to taunt players upon the ball exiting the mine lock or exiting the pop bumpers. It wouldn't seem to make sense for the Bart toy to taunt players (i.e., "you couldn't hit the broadside of a burrito" or "you don't think I can see you but I do" for example) upon getting a hit to Bart so I'm trying to figure out if what is occurring during gameplay is normal Bart player interaction? Again, it doesn't look like the ball exiting the mine lock or the pop bumpers triggers a positive "hit" to bart (with a commensurate increase in score) but rather just triggers a taunt which perhaps is normal...

Can others comment if you've been experiencing the same Bart taunts after these shot events? The Manual is unhelpful in this regard and I'm just trying to ensure this is proper functioning (I think so) and not chase a problem that isn't there... Thanks!

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Seems the QC is slightly lacking with reports coming in of people having to fix issues with their brand new machine; albeit minor issues but issues all the same. Maybe we need CGC to slow down a little and stop rushing ???

Our CCr SE arrived 100% straight out of the box with zero QC or tweaking needed issues. Our MBr SE arrived exactly the same. Probably just the luck (or unluck) of the draw….

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Can others comment if you've been experiencing the same Bart taunts after these shot events? The Manual is unhelpful in this regard and I'm just trying to ensure this is proper functioning (I think so) and not chase a problem that isn't there... Thanks!

This is default behavior on the original Cactus that they've just replicated. Exiting that area (the proximity switch in the pops exit) makes bart wiggle and play a callout (without raising the hat like a 'hit' would).

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

there is no rhyme or reason the way these things are being delivered !

The rhyme or reason is based on which distributor you ordered from and when as a relative to “when” other people ordered from that same distributor . And when that distributor gets their allotment. No other “when” comparisons matter.

#1028 2 years ago

Maybe we need CGC to slow down a little and stop rushing

any slower and they will be going backwards .......

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is default behavior on the original Cactus that they've just replicated. Exiting that area (the proximity switch in the pops exit) makes bart wiggle and play a callout (without raising the hat like a 'hit' would).

Thanks! I figured this was part of "normal" gameplay but wanted to clarify with others more familiar with game.

#1030 2 years ago

First time anyone has accused CGC of rushing.

It’s not uncommon for NIB games to have minor issues after unboxing. This isn’t unique to CGC. And it seems like you hear about fewer such reports with CGC games than those from other manufacturers.

I always run through switch tests and check connections when getting a new a new game (or any game that’s shipped). Doesn’t take very long.

#1031 2 years ago

No, please speed up. I'll take a machine with some minor issues now over a perfect machine months from now.

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

The rhyme or reason is based on which distributor you ordered from and when as a relative to “when” other people ordered from that same distributor . And when that distributor gets their allotment. No other “when” comparisons matter.

There is a fuller explanation of how this works in the FAQ.

#1033 2 years ago

Only minor tweak for mine. Shooter rod was rubbing against the auto ball shooter mech. I just unscrewed the shooter rod housing plate then lowered the plate a bit and problem solved. Then game plays great. Other then CGC forgot to pack the power cord. My distributor already shipped one out.

Also hats off to the way CGC boxes there games. Definitely will have less damage during shipping.

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There is a fuller explanation of how this works in the FAQ.

This FAQ has everything…

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

This FAQ has everything…

Now including an entry on what Big Bart does when.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

DAMIT ....what took so long !

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Another valuable FAQ addition! Thanks for including!

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

As a new home-use buyer the pinball sales model is intimidating and frankly feels very outdated. I pre-ordered an SE on day one and am still waiting, but have had other distributors I displayed interest with pinging me about SEs ready to ship immediately. I knew this was likely going in so thankfully I'm not terribly frustrated but it sure does make the impatience that much worse.

I can and do choose to avoid buying cars like this. There are lots of other toys/experiences out there that are make spending close to $10k much easier.

#1039 2 years ago

Had a great game tonight and beat (I think) High noon. It’s not super clear in the heat of battle, but it said I won at some point when my flippers froze and all the balls drained. This is a great game! Considerably easier than my mmr ever was, but similarly approachable, funny and fun to shoot. Bionic Bart mode is fantastic. And showdown. So good. Love it.

Edit: is there a female “Bart” to beat? She’s on the back glass but I think I only fight dudes?
A740EE47-4C20-41BE-9BD6-DCC97F2A27CC (resized).jpegA740EE47-4C20-41BE-9BD6-DCC97F2A27CC (resized).jpegE203EAF3-945A-4E2D-AC4A-81DB9F05DA01 (resized).jpegE203EAF3-945A-4E2D-AC4A-81DB9F05DA01 (resized).jpeg

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Had a great game tonight and beat (I think) High noon. It’s not super clear in the heat of battle, but it said I won at some point when my flippers froze and all the balls drained. This is a great game! Considerably easier than my mmr ever was, but similarly approachable, funny and fun to shoot. Bionic Bart mode is fantastic. And showdown. So good. Love it.
Edit: is there a female “Bart” to beat? She’s on the back glass but I think I only fight dudes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Third "bad guy" from the left is a girl, an ugly one (unlike the back glass
(correction: on my CCr, it's the second from the right; I've seen the third one on original CC)

#1041 2 years ago

Anyone else here having to deal with the ball getting nudged between Bart and the side edge? Looks like I could use some tall rubber bumper pad there...

IMG_20220405_143800232[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20220405_143800232[1] (resized).jpg
#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Anyone else here having to deal with the ball getting nudged between Bart and the side edge? Looks like I could use some tall rubber bumper pad there...

This has been reported a few times. Let us know if you find a solution.

#1043 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

As a new home-use buyer the pinball sales model is intimidating and frankly feels very outdated. I pre-ordered an SE on day one and am still waiting, but have had other distributors I displayed interest with pinging me about SEs ready to ship immediately. I knew this was likely going in so thankfully I'm not terribly frustrated but it sure does make the impatience that much worse.
I can and do choose to avoid buying cars like this. There are lots of other toys/experiences out there that are make spending close to $10k much easier.

I guess the solution would just be to buy what's in stock, or at least about to ship.

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

I don't have mine yet, but based on the photo it looks like one could bend a new taller guide rail (circled in green). Also curious about what the holes circled in blue are for... once again, i don't have my machine yet so I'm speculating off your photo here.

ball stuck areas of possible fix (resized).pngball stuck areas of possible fix (resized).png
#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I guess the solution would just be to buy what's in stock, or at least about to ship.

Which means “almost nothing”

(Though there seem to be a lot of Mandos available)

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

[quoted image]

Maybe dremel off the corner so the ball rolls thru?

20220405_153747 (resized).jpg20220405_153747 (resized).jpg
#1047 2 years ago

not sure of the photo exactly... but mine has a rubber nipple back behind bart. We had one stuck ball early, but it hasn't been problematic.

bart (resized).jpgbart (resized).jpg

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Quoted from jfh:

Which means “almost nothing”
(Though there seem to be a lot of Mandos available)

Yup. Odd industry and abnormal market right now.

#1049 2 years ago

Just got word my SE shipped and will be here Thursday

#1050 2 years ago

In case you are planning on removing your speaker covers for some upgrades you will need to get your security bits ready.

C8223A8A-7B51-42EF-85E7-A3002667467D (resized).jpegC8223A8A-7B51-42EF-85E7-A3002667467D (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/21?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.