(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,404 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 309.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Limited to only 20, signed and numbered by the artist.

This appears to be correct as there are 18 left. I put the link in the FAQ but will probably have to add a sold out comment soon
I may matte the B&W and color prints together in a single frame.

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This appears to be correct as there are 18 left. I put the link in the FAQ but will probably have to add a sold out comment soon
I may frame the B&W and color prints together side by side.

Then you an I ordered I have been surprised I have not seen a ship notification yet as I ordered last Thursday when they became available.

#903 2 years ago

I have not seen a ship notification yet as I ordered last Thursday when they became available.

I got my ship notification this morning

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I got my ship notification this morning

Same here! For the signed print.

Richard

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Same here! For the signed print.
Richard

Thanks all, just sent Brian an email with my original order receipt from the 24th.

#906 2 years ago

I admit this game wasn't really on my radar when announced, as I haven't been a huge fan of prior CGC remakes and generally prefer the originals. However, I was pretty much blown away by this at TPF and played at least a dozen games over the 3 days. It was one of my favorites of the show.

The color DMD animations are amazing and the lighting effects feel just perfect. The game feels really solid. Congrats to those of you that are getting one and I look forward to playing one on location.

#907 2 years ago

edit - wrong post

#908 2 years ago

Can someone with a CCr please PM me to verify if my mods for the original CC fit ?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/page/3#post-6610485
They should fit but I'd like confirmation..

Need to know the distance between the 2 posts in front of Bart.
Need to know the dimensions of the metal for the gears of where the train starts.

Or did someone already order them and can you confirm then ?
Thanks !

#909 2 years ago

Deleted

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

There a no gears where the train starts & there could well be a hardware portion of the LFS / Sharpe code in the area you want measured ?? Maybe just pull back on the reins a little there partner

I think this is for his already existing mods for the original CC. So they are already printed and available. It is not new development

#911 2 years ago

Got my game set up last night. I must say the quality is amazing!!! Also went a head and put the alt translite in. It’s a huge upgrade as well!

I have one thing I’m not sure about though. Every time the ball exits the pop bumpers or the mine lock, it triggers a shot to Bart. Should it be doing that?

A3B6DAA0-DE86-4658-A210-A0C6ED6F4DC2 (resized).jpegA3B6DAA0-DE86-4658-A210-A0C6ED6F4DC2 (resized).jpeg
#912 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Every time the ball exits the pop bumpers or the mine lock, it triggers a shot to Bart.

Check if Bart is too sensitive.

LTG : )

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Got my game set up last night. I must say the quality is amazing!!! Also went a head and put the alt translite in. It’s a huge upgrade as well!
I have one thing I’m not sure about though. Every time the ball exits the pop bumpers or the mine lock, it triggers a shot to Bart. Should it be doing that?
[quoted image]

Looks amazing! Have fun man!

Richard

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

[quoted image]

Looks great. Enjoy. So excited to receive my machine. Any day now..

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

[quoted image]

This translight really gives an updated look to the machine.

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

[quoted image]

Mine does the same thing. Seems wrong to me. Interesting yours does too

#917 2 years ago

Received the magnetic speaker panel from eBay/Portugal today.

Pros:
- packed/protected well. Ships rolled around a sturdy tube well bubble wrapped.
- decent thickness. Flexible but not flimsy
- from memory colors match the original well. Will get a better pic tomorrow and compare to original WMS side art.
- uncomplicated design seems to fit well.

Cons:
- not licensed (would have liked to see Cactus Canyon on the sheriff’s badge)
- colors may be slightly dimmer than those on the remake side art (though you generally aren’t going to see them at the same time.
- a little expensive

I don’t have my CCr yet or a Chicago Gaming remake with the XL panel so I can’t comment on the fit yet. Can’t compare to the alleged PPS version because Rick has not responded to questions about it.

I’ll get a better pic tomorrow in the daylight.
8FAA7042-5853-47F1-AFD7-E614B3B6D458 (resized).jpeg8FAA7042-5853-47F1-AFD7-E614B3B6D458 (resized).jpeg

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Received the magnetic speaker panel from eBay/Portugal today.
Pros:
- packed/protected well. Ships rolled around a sturdy tube well bubble wrapped.
- decent thickness. Flexible but not flimsy
- from memory colors match the original well. Will get a better pic tomorrow and compare to original WMS side art.
- uncomplicated design seems to fit well.
Cons:
- not licensed (would have liked to see Cactus Canyon on the sheriff’s badge)
- colors may be slightly dimmer than those on the remake side art (though you generally aren’t going to see them at the same time.
- a little expensive
I don’t have my CCr yet or a Chicago Gaming remake with the XL panel so I can’t comment on the fit yet. Can’t compare to the alleged PPS version because Rick has not responded to questions about it.
I’ll get a better pic tomorrow in the daylight.
[quoted image]

Looks great ! All things considered I thought it was reasonably priced in todays market.

#919 2 years ago

How many games have been shipped?
Any update for LE and production going forward?

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

I have been trying to spy the machine number on some of the pics that people have posted of the boxes that the game ships in. I think the highest number I saw was 1267??? If they are counting the LE's as machines 1 - 1250 maybe 17? It's been a while since someone posted a picture of the box that I could clearly read the number on. That being said this is just totally speculation and I remember hearing somewhere that the machines are not produced in a "numbered" fashion necessarily.

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

No LEs have shipped

There is no slated date yet

SE is making it through nicely at a steady pace

Hoping LEs this year at some point no guarantees

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

SE is making it through nicely at a steady pace

Just curious if this is confirmed I thought it was still stop and go. do you know the weekly rate?

#923 2 years ago

Such a beauty!

1700D58F-5DDD-44C5-B932-839DCACA5227 (resized).jpeg1700D58F-5DDD-44C5-B932-839DCACA5227 (resized).jpeg9B3F45AF-B7D0-4B01-A596-BB99E2099FE6 (resized).jpeg9B3F45AF-B7D0-4B01-A596-BB99E2099FE6 (resized).jpeg
#924 2 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Chicago Gaming does not release production numbers or average production rates. Because of the issues that delayed start to February and some subsequent supply issues the line has not been running at fully planned capacity. I don’t know what that rate is but I know it must be greater than my weekly estimate because the original plan apparently targeted being done by the end of April.

Quoted from EmeraldWeapon:

I have been trying to spy the machine number on some of the pics that people have posted of the boxes that the game ships in. I think the highest number I saw was 1267??? If they are counting the LE's as machines 1 - 1250 maybe 17? It's been a while since someone posted a picture of the box that I could clearly read the number on. That being said this is just totally speculation and I remember hearing somewhere that the machines are not produced in a "numbered" fashion necessarily.

Nope. Significantly more than 17 SEs have been produced. And LEs were not/are not being produced first.

CGC is understandably tight-lipped about this but I’ve heard some encouraging dates from multiple distributors. We aren’t going to get a better picture until we start seeing more reports of people getting final invoices and ship dates. I’m expecting that to really pick up over the next month or so. I’m not in a hurry for my LE but I have started planning a party closer to June rather than this fall.

#925 2 years ago

I was invoiced December 5. I don’t have my machine. When you get your invoice doesn’t really matter.

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I was invoiced December 5. I don’t have my machine. When you get your invoice doesn’t really matter.

You got a final invoice with demand for remaining balance and a shipping window?

CGC prohibits distributors from collecting final balances more than two weeks out from factory ship date. It’s unlikely you got a final invoice in December.

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Such a beauty!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! We love ours.

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Such a beauty!

Indeed. Congratulations!

#929 2 years ago

Somewhere I read that last week there were over 100 games fully built that could not ship cuz they were waiting on cardboard to wrap the game in. They are good at making a QUALITY game WHEN they have parts, labor, and packing materials. All those items are a problem -- at pretty much all manufacturers. I think the negative comments I read about "shipping in 2023" are nonsense. Back in December I estimated my LE would come early summer -- now I believe it will be mid-to-late summer. This year.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Such a beauty!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohh yeah baby!

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from EmeraldWeapon:

My SE is 1263

#932 2 years ago

Checked the FAQ, and this might be be not being schooled in new games, but in a photo it appeared that the game had built in metal cab protectors for the legs. Did I see what I thought I saw? Thanks

And I assume they slide the cabinets around on the ground? It would have looked better left wood imo than peeling paint?

bottom (resized).JPGbottom (resized).JPG
#933 2 years ago

Did I see what I thought I saw?

Yes.

LTG : )

#934 2 years ago

My SE (which came Monday) is 1306. I should add my build date is shown as February 24th.

#935 2 years ago

Another CCr SE has arrived by stagecoach at my house (just kidding about the stagecoach part). Got it all setup only to have a short-deadline work deliverable... oh well. I will echo others in saying that the overall fit and finish really seems top tier. Glad to be in club and here's to hoping others receive they SEs promptly (I know you lucky LE folks have a bit of a longer wait).

Quick question though, there appears to be a bit of excess wax on the playfield in a few areas (I assume left over from factory buff). I was just going to use a microfiber to get that off and maybe a quick coat of Novus 1 on the playfield. Anyone else have thoughts on initial wipe-down process (maybe I'm being a bit anal...)

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Another CCr SE has arrived by stagecoach at my house (just kidding about the stagecoach part). Got it all setup only to have a short-deadline work deliverable... oh well. I will echo others in saying that the overall fit and finish really seems top tier. Glad to be in club and here's to hoping others receive they SEs promptly (I know you lucky LE folks have a bit of a longer wait).
Quick question though, there appears to be a bit of excess wax on the playfield in a few areas (I assume left over from factory buff). I was just going to use a microfiber to get that off and maybe a quick coat of Novus 1 on the playfield. Anyone else have thoughts on initial wipe-down process (maybe I'm being a bit anal...)

You shouldn't require anything that's even the slightest bit abrasive. Use good wax every 500 plays or so, check and replace with quality non-pitted balls, and that is all you'll ever need.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Another CCr SE has arrived by stagecoach at my house (just kidding about the stagecoach part).

How awesome would that have been to have a horse driven stage coach deliver Cactus Canyon to some lucky buyer?
That would have made for an awesome marketing video!

#938 2 years ago

Checked the FAQ, and this might be be not being schooled in new games, but in a photo it appeared that the game had built in metal cab protectors for the legs. Did I see what I thought I saw?

Thanks for a good idea for an FAQ entry. I’ve bought a number of new games and didn’t even consider this may be a first for some. I’ll get a tips for first time buyers or something like that to list things you should check/do after getting a new game added in the next day or so.

#939 2 years ago

you sir are unstoppable .....

great job keep it up !

now if you could only get a machine sent to Richard ......

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

We need to set up an online petition to get this done!

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

great job keep it up !

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

We need to set up an online petition to get this done!

Hahaha!! You are funny guys!
Cheers!
Richard

#942 2 years ago

Very impressive pin. Our family should love it. It even came on a pallet with my name tattooed on the runners. ...STUD

JFH- the packing sheet pic is 4 U.

Played one game so far and I “Couldn’t hit the broad side of a burrito.”

Great job CGC!

34CF864E-1B05-4271-AF73-FA9DEBEAA90B.jpeg34CF864E-1B05-4271-AF73-FA9DEBEAA90B.jpeg3A509D98-76B6-47F8-A402-3D5BBD8DC666.jpeg3A509D98-76B6-47F8-A402-3D5BBD8DC666.jpegDB99E412-0D39-4D1C-9FCD-4F1F369F07B4.jpegDB99E412-0D39-4D1C-9FCD-4F1F369F07B4.jpeg
#943 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Very impressive pin. Our family should love it. It even came on a pallet with my name tattooed on the runners. ...STUD
Great job CGC!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!! Enjoy!!

Richard

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Great job CGC!

Thank you @steve-o. Hope you and your family enjoy the game!

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for a good idea for an FAQ entry. I’ve bought a number of new games and didn’t even consider this may be a first for some. I’ll get a tips for first time buyers or something like that to list things you should check/do after getting a new game added in the next day or so.

All the other CGC remakes have them as well. I appreciate this as well.

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

great job keep it up !

I’ve stubbed in a section on what to do when you get your game and hope to finish over the weekend. If someone who got their game could verify for me if the keys attached to the shooter rod are both coin door keys like WMS games were with backbox keys inside the coin door or one of each, I’d appreciate it.

The instructions are actually in the manual but it can’t hurt to have a good outline.

Oh, and since everyone wants to know when Richard is getting his game I put the answer in the Miscellaneous section of the FAQ.

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I put the answer in the Miscellaneous section of the FAQ.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve stubbed in a section on what to do when you get your game and hope to finish over the weekend. If someone who got their game could verify for me if the keys attached to the shooter rod are both coin door keys like WMS games were with backbox keys inside the coin door or one of each, I’d appreciate it.
The instructions are actually in the manual but it can’t hurt to have a good outline.
Oh, and since everyone wants to know when Richard is getting his game I put the answer in the Miscellaneous section of the FAQ.

Both keys tie-wrapped to the shooter rod are coin door keys and the keys hanging from the hook inside the coin door are back box keys. Confirmed. I haven’t cracked the bag on the manual yet because I haven’t had any problems and the menu is pretty self explanatory.

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol, I can’t wait to get the game so you can update the answer!

#950 2 years ago

I’m ready!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
7,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.