(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polishedball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago

Trying to patiently wait for final invoice, instead of email distributor. Good to see we will all have games soon. Could have bet this would happen as I got sick of tying up money with no updates and bought a CV and a SM in the last week. oopps my wife just laughed and said you knew it would happen.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Too funny on your other new pins, isn’t this pinball market fun? Lol!

I had to get them as they were pretty much local and I could check them out and not ship, but ouch just getting back into the hobby 3 years ago after a decade away these prices really hurt. At least the SM only cost me $800 more than i sold my last one for 10 years back, but not talking about CV lol.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Just got them email from Joe at PinballSTAR it says "SE games are on the production line now and have started shipping. Orders fulfilled in order they were / are placed". WOO HOO it's happening!

Nice I ordered day of announcement, hoping my distributor placed the order quickly.

#103 2 years ago

FROM faq
"
Are there any differences in game play between models?
LE and SE+ games will have additional game play when the interactive Wild West topper is enabled.
All other game play is identical between the three models.
"

Has this been confirmed, my understand was the same game that is played on the topper would be played on the BG? per a post during toppergate

1 week later
#222 2 years ago

Well I got the news I am number five on my distributor list, first home customer. He has delivered a couple so far so hopefully soon.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

What distributor?

KingPin

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

However, that is playing the completed code, and what Lyman will bring can change all of that with a deeper rule set..

Curious if this source has actually played parts of the Lyman code or just making an assumption?

I am of the opinion the best machines to have are ones that company (visitors) can play and enjoy, maybe even get them hooked on pinball. I honestly am not that good anyhow to reach the billion or 2 scores I often see people get on Godzilla etc. I have the newer sterns at local arcades and do enjoy them, but my taste's lean to the easier.

#371 2 years ago

Killing time waiting for the sheriff. My wife and I spray painted a little of the basement wall from a 70's iron-on. Helped tie on the DD screen prints. Carpet next in a couple weeks, will be my first time installing it, hope it goes well.

So excited to see Josh's update!
bas (resized).jpgbas (resized).jpgwiz (resized).jpgwiz (resized).jpgwiz2 (resized).jpgwiz2 (resized).jpgwizf (resized).jpgwizf (resized).jpg

#379 2 years ago

I have seen some stills, but has there been a video posted of the shootout mode on the display? Thanks

#388 2 years ago

I read it all before it was updated there, but will remember to check first next time. Thanks for maintaining it!

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from BangbackBetty:

I have replaced playfield pcb on my afmrse after about 190 games lower switches/targets wouldn't register After some arguing and having to prove purchase date cgc sent a new one free under warranty. Whole lotta connectors to remove and replace but pulled it off. This was after 2 months back and forth with cgc, no problems since .

I think I would have just paid the $250 instead of it being broke for 2 months.

Glad it all worked out for ya,

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I was thinking if you can not aim the gun with the stock SE, someone in the modder community would make a led strip that would stick on directly bellow the DMD (or directly above) that would show you where the gun is pointing.

This seems very possible especially if it is just a a continuation of a controlled addressed light string, would really need to see inside a topper to figure out the difficulty level. My bet is they are slapping on another board like the playfield lights and it wouldn't be as simple as I mentioned. I am assuming documentation like in the past with full schematics for repair are no longer provided. If they are I could look into this, if I could get a scan.

1 week later
#596 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Aaaannnnnd they’re OUT

How are you guys seeing the remaining? it just let me still add it to the cart?

I picked up the Acrylic BG myself.

#657 2 years ago

I am hopeful for a good CGC update from TPF this friday night, it is suppose to be streaming on twitch all the seminars. It is titled "completing cactus canyon" maybe a code update? Scheduled at 6pm.

And I ordered that acrylic backglass on Sunday myself, it looks stunning. Just got shipment info on the tracks that I ordered. Parts are collecting, but my distributor has not gotten any more machine yet after the initial 2.

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I will be there and plan to write a recap for the club Friday night. I suspect the presentation will be focused on “how did we improve Cactus Canyon” (including the enhanced code). Not expecting to hear an official announcement on the Sharpe/Sheats upgrade kit, though that would be a pleasant surprise.
If you’ll be there and want to chat about Cactus Canyon or almost anything pinball I’m easy to spot as I move around on a pretty unique scooter.

I just plan on catching the stream as I didn’t make plans for the trip as I will be going to MGC. Wish we coulda met

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Just setup in our bar. Game is beautiful, come play it!

My wife thought I was the greatest when I told her I was gonna take her to TC this weekend, till I mentioned it was cause I had to pay the game I have on order.

#703 2 years ago

Well this looks pretty amazing under the protective plastic, only disappointment is it appears to be thinner than the OEM wpc-95 and the channels trim pieces do not lock on they fall right off.

IMG_1282 (resized).jpgIMG_1282 (resized).jpg

IMG_1283 (resized).jpgIMG_1283 (resized).jpg
#707 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just watching a video stream from TPF showing the LE and was blown away by how nice the LE “Buckle” on the apron looks! I know we have all seen it but something about the lights reflecting off of it really made it pop. I snapped a screenshot of it sort of captured the reflection, as usual nice touch CGC!
[quoted image]

What stream are you watching? looked here but saw nothing yet. https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Does the trim fall off even with the light tub attached to it?

That is a good point.... so used my sys11's I forgot about that. But some researched showed the wpc-95 may need 3/16 thickness and earlier wpc games used 1/8.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My 13x19 print arrived today.
I got #21...the same one that was pictured on the web site.
[quoted image]

Kinda wishing I would have got this also, but went with the line drawing version in this size.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from Gallatinfly:

Just received word, my game will be here Monday around noon. I’m not going to kid myself, I’m not getting any work done next week.

Congrats! great news

#717 2 years ago

An hour out, here is to hoping for some good info. :Cheers

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I got my backglass but no print that I ordered with it .

BG ship separate from a different location

#730 2 years ago

Are the art blades they mentioned making available separate or only on the LE?

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from Roon:

I'm in for a SE+. Does anybody know if there's a company that sells the mine cart and track mod ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/06608-train-track-mod-for-cgc-s-cactus-canyon-se-se-machines

Also in the FAQ maintained here, lots of good info visit it if you have not.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

[quoted image]Look who I saw just sitting on the floor …

Did it fit in your backpack?

#870 2 years ago

From FAQ "So when will I get my game?
Contact your distributor or dealer for details. Most delivery dates are set within two weeks of final invoice payment.
The time frame will also depend on the model ordered and how quickly CGC can produce games."

But what do we do when CGC does not give the distributor any details of when to expect there allotment of even SE's? or have you confirmed a release schedule per week/month/or quarter has been given to them?
Has CGC said currently how many SE's are manufactured a week, how many are warehoused waiting for cardboard?

Sorry if I missed the answers, but was any shipment info given at TPF?

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just installed 17 of 150 in my machine. Looks great.
[quoted image]

Nice any chance of a full machine pic?

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

For those that missed out on the Limited Edition 13x19" art print from Flyland Designs, he now has a black & white version available. Also limited to 100:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/cactus-canyon-13x19-bw/

I think it is limited to 20. "Cactus Canyon 13″x19″ full-bleed Art Prints. Black and White Line Art Edition
Limited to only 20, signed and numbered by the artist."

I think the 100 is a mistake because it also mentions metalic sheen

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This appears to be correct as there are 18 left. I put the link in the FAQ but will probably have to add a sold out comment soon
I may frame the B&W and color prints together side by side.

Then you an I ordered I have been surprised I have not seen a ship notification yet as I ordered last Thursday when they became available.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Same here! For the signed print.
Richard

Thanks all, just sent Brian an email with my original order receipt from the 24th.

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

There a no gears where the train starts & there could well be a hardware portion of the LFS / Sharpe code in the area you want measured ?? Maybe just pull back on the reins a little there partner

I think this is for his already existing mods for the original CC. So they are already printed and available. It is not new development

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Got my game set up last night. I must say the quality is amazing!!! Also went a head and put the alt translite in. It’s a huge upgrade as well!
I have one thing I’m not sure about though. Every time the ball exits the pop bumpers or the mine lock, it triggers a shot to Bart. Should it be doing that?
[quoted image]

This translight really gives an updated look to the machine.

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

SE is making it through nicely at a steady pace

Just curious if this is confirmed I thought it was still stop and go. do you know the weekly rate?

#932 2 years ago

Checked the FAQ, and this might be be not being schooled in new games, but in a photo it appeared that the game had built in metal cab protectors for the legs. Did I see what I thought I saw? Thanks

And I assume they slide the cabinets around on the ground? It would have looked better left wood imo than peeling paint?

bottom (resized).JPGbottom (resized).JPG
#954 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

got my invoice for my LE today ...
woohoooo!

A CCr LE or another game... April fools?

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Quick question... any idea why the front edge of my CCr playfield has a sticker showing "190 of 1000"... Just wondering what this numbering system is referencing and what it corresponds to if anything... Obviously CGC will be building way more than 1000 playfields for CCr (given SE, SE+ and LE) so I am curious if this is just for the first run (maybe) or has some other meaning. More curiosity than anything else...
[quoted image]

I would guess playfield inventory of a run. Still pretty cool, I am a documentation geek though

#1007 2 years ago

The mirror looks great and would go nice with HS and ES I have with them, but still glad I didn’t order as to me the Brian Allen look is for the win.

1 week later
#1310 2 years ago

In the past I was only frustrated with not knowing how long my money was tied up (and not buying other pins), but now I am actually pretty bummed out, I ordered with my distributor hours after announced, I am just kicking myself that I could have owned this machine a month ago had I not pre-ordered (several have been for sale that were not assigned to people). There seems to be no logic on which distributor gets what first or in what order. (mine has only received two machines and this was some time ago). It has gotten to instead of coming here daily for check-in's today I had 227 new posts. Sorry for the rant, but this though others might not agree is getting silly. So now I am just distancing myself from the excitement, to avoid feeling this way, and it will just be a when it gets here apathic attitude.

#1461 2 years ago

Well I installed my carpet, now I am just missing a CCr.

#1511 2 years ago

Well got the good news email today, should have final invoice later tonight.

On the Pin move side, I am curious are CGC's games on a bigger pallet and the game super centered or something? I have moved sterns on a pallet with a regular hand truck.

#1532 2 years ago

Anyone know how many connection there are from the head to the body? I might behead mine to bring it down the stairs to avoid bumping into some walls. Thanks

#1588 2 years ago

This may sound crazy but with all CGC has in the works, is it possible that the SE might be the smallest production run and be done after initial 500, if the LE and SE+ are 1250 each or whatever the number was?

#1731 1 year ago

Time to get excited. Serial 1486

BA70757B-4563-419E-BAB6-795B68611DB2 (resized).jpegBA70757B-4563-419E-BAB6-795B68611DB2 (resized).jpeg

#1733 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Slacker! Get that set up!!!!

I'll post some pictures later of getting it into the house then downstairs myself, This was a lot easier in my 30's than 50 now. Made it bump free though. Just getting the legs on now.

#1738 1 year ago

Ok a couple questions, I did check the FAQ but not saying I didn’t miss something.
1 my mine had no foam block in it, do they not use it any longer?
2 I had this odd black foam piece in the skill shot. Did it fall off from somewhere.
3 my glass rails sliced my thumb open to bleeding on the first play. I assume I’ll just pull the glass and sand the rail edge.

Little photo dump, the ramp I built in the garage to get in house is not pictured.

15973D53-ECD0-45E1-B9EE-0DDC4109FA01 (resized).jpeg15973D53-ECD0-45E1-B9EE-0DDC4109FA01 (resized).jpeg2ADF4D0F-17C8-494D-9092-9CA53C644F59 (resized).jpeg2ADF4D0F-17C8-494D-9092-9CA53C644F59 (resized).jpeg5B55D911-963B-461E-A33B-7FE4C9CF16EA (resized).jpeg5B55D911-963B-461E-A33B-7FE4C9CF16EA (resized).jpeg80D0E232-6E93-4566-827D-A9ACCB67CC0F (resized).jpeg80D0E232-6E93-4566-827D-A9ACCB67CC0F (resized).jpeg81622088-AE39-4E5F-8A55-B9808F5DC16A (resized).jpeg81622088-AE39-4E5F-8A55-B9808F5DC16A (resized).jpeg891CD4DD-1996-4F9E-98A6-A85C02C4A655 (resized).jpeg891CD4DD-1996-4F9E-98A6-A85C02C4A655 (resized).jpegB29A4A98-FCDC-4DBE-9CFD-40D31F51BC11 (resized).jpegB29A4A98-FCDC-4DBE-9CFD-40D31F51BC11 (resized).jpegB6A2DEA2-132F-4AE4-AF14-CC70D72EC28A (resized).jpegB6A2DEA2-132F-4AE4-AF14-CC70D72EC28A (resized).jpeg
#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Check the paper taped to the glass and see if the block is still referenced.

Hopefully someone with a game can answer this.

The paper did still indicate to remove the block, so maybe mine was just forgotten.

I will say I have been very happy with the lighting and I was a bit concerned as I typically do not like LED games, odd on my eyes and glasses, Especially DP when hitting Boom. Anyhow this LED lighting is so tasteful an a pleasure to play, only been 2 games, as I am re-assembling my had rail now that I had to remove some posts from.

#1741 1 year ago

This was how the black foam tape was found.

D8CEAF79-A354-4C82-A28C-B4347DDC8B68 (resized).jpegD8CEAF79-A354-4C82-A28C-B4347DDC8B68 (resized).jpeg
#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

the picture with it leaning against the wall looks like you just set her on her merry way from the top !

I tipped it back that way when I went to get the lift cart to slide it onto, as i didn't want to bounce it on an of the last lower steps. But looking at it does look like I sent it sailing.

Also maybe it is just me, but this seems to shoot a lot like Attack from Mars, I love it.

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Looks great. Hats off to getting it down the stairs alone! I would be found dead under the game if I tried that.

This is probably about machine number 30 that has gone down these stairs, There is this method and also one I use going thru the daylight basement window and tipping it in, but being a brand new cabinet I went the harder, and safer route.

#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

From the underside of the lockdown bar. A flat metal piece on each side, that foam rubber should be on it to prevent glass from sliding back and hitting metal.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Thank you, all mine were present on the lockdown bar, maybe it was a trimming that got dropped or something.

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The sharp lockdown bars is not new for CGC. Our CC wasn't particularly bad.. but it's a recurring theme with their stock. Just knock it down some.. I'd suggest starting with the lockdown bar, you normally shouldn't get edge exposed to the side rails.

This was the side rail at the glass, where my thumb happened to rest as I flip with my middle finger.

#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Yes, please be careful. I'm 49 and took it downstairs myself...pulled my back and could barely move for a week! I think it's normally a two person job. The good thing that came out of it is finally buying a motorized hand truck that I should have bought years ago. Live and learn I guess.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome, but sadly these won;t make the turn at the bottom of my landing or fit on the landing even with a pin (it barely clears alone)

#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Nice.. And where did you get that carpet ?.I need some of that !

https://www.carpetbargains.com/night-life.html

And a better look at the carpet under black light

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

I like it!
What brand are your slot machines? I used to work on Bally and IGT slots in the 80's and 90's.

One is just a skill stop, then I have S+ and a S2000 IGT's. Had to learn a few things with the ram clear chips and stuff as both had dead main board batteries when I first got them to work on.

#1766 1 year ago

I did not see this ball trap on the faq. This has happened in at least half the games I have played. Bart kicks the ball back into play and it bounces / stops here. Angle of playfield is correct.

Thanks

FB49C068-8B3F-4D9D-BA55-22DF0A3AB9D8 (resized).jpegFB49C068-8B3F-4D9D-BA55-22DF0A3AB9D8 (resized).jpeg
#1772 1 year ago

So what kind of angle to you have your CCr setup on? I am wondering if it is the more extreme 8degrees I have mine at that causes the ball park to the right of bart. I just put a glass support button there and no more issues.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Got it setup! The game is a ton of fun. Whole family loves it.
[quoted image]

Congrats, so much fun! I wish my whole family enjoyed it, but I am the only pinball player in the house.

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why do you have it set so steep? I don’t think I’ve ever had any game that high?

Simply because the first time I played it, it seemed a little slow and points came real easy. So I assumed I was to center the the bulb which resulted in the current angle. (just read the manual tonight for the setting) My Scores dropped considerably I think my first 2 games were over 100mil and I have not yet broke 50 on the new setting. I'll dial it back some tomorrow for test.

i did get the train tracks on today, and tomorrow I think i'll swap BG.

#1779 1 year ago

I swapped the BG. Was pretty impressed with the trans light quality from the factory. Also dropped the set up angle to 7.5 so I’ll put some games on that later.
The train tracks do obscure the sight to the left bad guy but doesn’t pose a problem to me.

ACA835C1-7504-4099-B6B8-6A414C0F52F1 (resized).jpegACA835C1-7504-4099-B6B8-6A414C0F52F1 (resized).jpeg
#1800 1 year ago

On the fence about ordering a SE+ now and then moving the SE on later. For how much the game gets panned as easy and not much going on, to me it does have quite a bit more compared to say Attack from Mars (dare I eeek).

#1817 1 year ago

I would be surprised if you could add lighting on to a string as mentioned earlier. I suppose it is how the led’s are addressed but most often they are individually addressed in code it is not turning on a strip. You program for each light in a total controlled string so it is not as easy as tacking on more. It would have to be coded to recognize them.

#1818 1 year ago

This is me being lazy and not digging thru the manual or menus, but is there a way to turn down the brightness of just the gun fight inserts that are white and flashing when lit. In a dark room this is my only issue with the lighting as it came from the factory settings.

Thanks

#1823 1 year ago

I did go there first honest but obviously did not skim the topics well enough. Thanks for the upkeep of it.

1 week later
#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats and thanks for sharing.
So we are at about 350 SEs with at least 160 manufactured in April. That seems pretty promising for LEs in May, doesn’t it?

Do we have confirmation they have all the needed topper parts?

#2011 1 year ago

I’ve notice this after just 23 games. I am collecting these odd brownish spots on the playfield. They clean right up but no idea what is causing them. They are most prominent in the area where the train would start. Yes I did fully clean the oil off the pinballs to start. Thoughts?

8B4D99AB-BA10-430C-AAA7-8D52109564ED (resized).jpeg8B4D99AB-BA10-430C-AAA7-8D52109564ED (resized).jpeg

#2141 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

Only things left are invisiglass, train track mod

While I love the look of the train track mod, and am keeping it on, game play visibility was much better without it imo.

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got the huge banner

Very nice, what did you use for the pinballs?

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

maybe someone can answer this as I’m not smart enough.
Would it be possible to just pull the color signal from that connector and draw the 12 V or 6 V or whatever from a separate power supply?

I contacted them and they stated the connectors looked the same and it should work. I ordered it as they said I could return it if it did not. I'll report back.

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I custom made them out of metal hemispheres. Big pain

They look great, I was considering using some round full dome mirrors but they get pricey at size.

#2205 1 year ago

I like the cart, tracks i'd pay more for a better look.

#2221 1 year ago

So what has everyone found to be the ideal angle of setup from actual game play, I today went and dropped mine to 6.87 from 7.97 and my scores well more than doubled, not sure yet which was was more appealing. What do you others with machines think?

Also curious if anyone else has noticed any oddities like this, not always but every so often the right bad guy when hit registers as the left bad guy when awarded. Also saving polly from train, the train can be reversing but I can still hit the final shot and save her even though it should have failed, guessing it is just a grace period in the code (a lot of them on my spiderman).

Today first play I made it thru high noon. Thinking I will find an in-between angle to setup too.

hn (resized).jpghn (resized).jpg
#2241 1 year ago

Lermods Undercab lighting kit for MM works on CCr.

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Yep, my MBr rumbles the room at 8. CCr doesn’t come close at 28. Something is up.

Mine I have at volume 7 and seems about right for my tastes, if you ever want to stop by and compare wiring or take pics your more than welcome too.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Sounds to me like there’s a mismatch between soundboard level output and amplifier volume control. Making sure CGC is sending the correct line level output to the amp should help solve the problem.

So how do you adjust the CGC soundboard level? I have not looked at the board or manual so perhaps this question is dumb.

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Has anyone put mirrors blades in? I would like to see how it looks, I’m not sure what blades to commit to.

I'll post up Brian Allen's later

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Brian doesn’t sell mirror blades unless it’s brand new.

Thank you, sorry i read it to quickly. No matter how careful I am I always end up messing up mirrors even though i love em.

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

New items on the Mezel Mods Cactus Canyon page; Train tracks coming soon.

Was just on his page and all the mods besides the flasher jug seem to have been removed?

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:So what's the overall feeling on gameplay ? Is it a fun game ? A keeper is a small collection ?

Perfect for me a nice fan layout, with some extras. Can easily adjust difficulty with playfield angle. I look forward to the strategy that will come with the future LFS/josh code.

#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

The previously linked thingiverse minecart mod is freaking awesome!! It fits perfect [quoted image]

Any recommendations of who to send the print files to for those without a 3d printer?

#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Am I crazy starting to loose interest in this title.

seems crazy to me, I love my SE and will sell it when my SE+ arrives. It is a great WPC example with even more to come with future code purchase.

#2376 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Has anyone come up with a solid solution to prevent the ball hangup issue to the left of Bart? My game does have the black rubber nipple that is supposed to help, but it doesnt...lol. The ball on mine regularly rests on the gap between the vertical metal, and the metal plate Bart sits on. Ball search will free it, but its annoying, especially when I'm trying to complete a timed mode like polly peril.

I have now played just over 100 games and have not had this problem yet. At what point does it hangup there on a kickout or a shot at bart?

My machine is a little stepper setup, I am now at 7 degrees.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I'm trying to find a minature toy to put at the end of the tracks . Like a " Polly tied to the tracks " thing lol

Runs to look thru daughters polly pocket toys.

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’d be willing to pay someone to 3D print one for me. The train tracks too please.

I used this company today, just upload the 2 STL files and they will print. Will see how they look when they arrive about $20 for the top and bottom. https://get.xometry.com/

#2412 1 year ago

I am curious how good CGC support is? Those that have opened tickets with stuck balls or audio issues have the worked to resolve them with you? Were you happy with the correction or fixes?

#2435 1 year ago

Ok I am betting most will feel I am being petty here, but this does kinda drive me crazy. Today I decided to give the game good but quick wipe down, while doing this I noticed how beat up tarnished even rusted some of the hardware was on this new machine. Has anyone else noticed this? It is most evident on the post like those I have pictured. I would expect some stuff to get binned or alteast set aside to be be tumble polished, before being put on a new game. I have machine a 15 years old with better looking hardware from the factory.

This does not take away from the fun factor, but combined with the folded over decals (which may have a benefit) and cabinet edges not mating perfect it seems worth a mention. I hope better detail is paid to the SE+ (i have one on order) and LEs

IMG_1872 (resized).jpgIMG_1872 (resized).jpgIMG_1870 (resized).jpgIMG_1870 (resized).jpg
#2440 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Tumbling probably wouldn't help that - it looks like a bad plating job.

I'll most likely order up some new ones from PinballLife, but most posts like this, when I hit it hard with ZAM and buffing wheels will goto mirror polish (yes I know that is not tumble). Recently took all the original hardware on my Galaxy to a mirror finish that way, the pop bumpers were the only thing too pitted.

Also glad I am not the only one that would expect better.

#2467 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Never said it was irrelevant, just tiresome. Buy it if you want to.. or don't.. I guess over the years I've just grown indifferent to all the silly little things in life that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Not referring to the weld discolor, but rusting posts should be expected on a new game? I guess my expectations of new are different than yours.

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. Each picture is at a different angle and picture depth.

It might be better to photo it with the ball stuck there, and then we can check to see if a ball will rest in the same area of our machines.

#2472 1 year ago

Surprised only 20 some ratings for 500 delivered. If you have played it rate it, curious where it will land.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/cgc-cactus-canyon-classic

#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

anyone sell these Ill take one....
Thx
Mike

I posted yesterday a company that will print them on demand, just upload the STL files from thingunivese

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Success! Quick use of the heat gun and made the washer into a nice ramp. No more ball hang ups!
[quoted image]

Ball hangups are so odd on this game some get them some don't. I really wonder if it depends on setup angle.

On a side not CGC tech got back to me in under 24hours with a question I had. Win!

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I love CC as much as anyone but I won’t be rating it once I receive mine. A new owner rating a brand new machine they just dropped 8k+ on is as biased as it gets.
Just keepin’ it real.

Yeah I was surprised at some of the higher ratings in just now looking at it. Mine was at least in the 8’s. Some as you said seemed way skewed.

#2632 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Godzilla is my first Stern. A dream theme, for me. It really is a fun, fast game and shoots great. I am mostly a B/W guy. I love Godzilla and it needs alot of mods to make it look as nice as it plays.

The only reason I have not jumped on one myself is I think it might be one of the few to drop in price in a few years, so JP will be the stern for now I am adding, even though I enjoy GZ more.

#2654 1 year ago

Curious of peoples thoughts, I know some are just No-Mod, but what is your opinion on if this would tastefully fit if your alright with mods, if I painted it up to match a character. Just trying to decide if I want to put the time in on the paint job.

IMG_1911 (resized).PNGIMG_1911 (resized).PNGIMG_1912 (resized).PNGIMG_1912 (resized).PNG
#2656 1 year ago

And this was the mine cart I received from the company I sent the print files to that I mentioned earlier in threads. $20

F7AFDF8A-51FA-4741-A25F-0B3BD28759D2 (resized).jpegF7AFDF8A-51FA-4741-A25F-0B3BD28759D2 (resized).jpeg
#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

I love her! Plan on selling?

it is a straight ETSY purchase think this is a D&D item. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1109128606/jalissa-sitting-female-miniatures

75mm size

#2660 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Looks like a decent 3D print job to me. The layer height is a bit larger than I personally would do, but other than that, I can't see much wrong with it. Are you upset with the result?
I think it'll look great after a good sanding and painting.

Nope not upset just wanted to update the thread so people would know what to expect. I have had much worse prints in my hand before.

#2712 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve already ordered diffusers for my game. The lights are a great idea but WAY WAY too bright. Hopefully they’ll provide more control in the upcoming bug fix.

spend more time hitting the boom button in DP disco multiball, numbed me to these gunfight flashers, I turned them down but kept them on

#2715 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

More CCR production pics from the seminar. I still can’t believe the host cut Butch off when he announced he had more cool stuff to show from the factory. Unbelievable!

Any link to the seminar or was it not recorded?

#2720 1 year ago

Not sure if I have missed it, or if it is an easy difficult setting, but I seem to get quite a few SDTM returns off shooting the bad guys. They seem much stiffer than the original in there returns, is there a setting to add a ball save for a second after shooting them? It seems to be there when hitting quick draw off the plunge then hitting the bad guy, it saves the ball. Is there anyway to have this be the normal behavior during the game. If I could flip better I could do a better job of clipping the edges, but i'm not that good. Thanks

1 week later
#2858 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect anyone who really wants the topper at that point will still buy an SE+, keep the topper, put the topper on their existing SE and sell the NIB game. And, at some point, some fraction of SE+ buyers will sell off their topper.
Shipping out toppers in advance could cause a host of other issues. I’m not a supporter of that idea and would just like to see CGC focused on building the games as planned.

ding ding that is me.

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

What’s the market/demand going to be like for NIB SE’s when the SE+ ships if the plan is to keep topper from that and sell the pin?

Good enough for all the fun I have had for a year+ playing instead of waiting for a machine with a topper. You never know but even a loss of a little is a win for the time with the machine to me.

1 week later
#3092 1 year ago

CGC support, For how great a product they make, the support desk leaves a bit to be desired. Mind you this issue is tiny, but a simple response after the initial interest in my concern would have gone a long way. I had already bought new posts and replaced the tarnished and rusted that shipped on my machine.

synopsis
24 days ago, I inquired and sent pictures of the rusted posts
23 days ago, First response I was very impressed
23 days ago, I responded with the requested info
Waited a week after no response, pinged LTG to see if he had ticket access and he added a note to it
9 days ago, ticket was closed with no further communication on the subject

Is anyone getting any better response on the bigger issues around Audio, or sensor adjustment or other items. People will forgive late but not wrong does not seem to apply to the desk, if it was still open I would at least assume there was bigger and I am sure is fish to fry, but closing it was kinda rough.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can reopen the ticket and ask for replacements.

Yes but same verbiage I used with stern in the past got immediate offers and replacements sent for a bad weld on an AIQ ramp and also a plastic ramp on Mando. To me me that says a lot. If theyvwould have just offered hex post which I may have even just politely turned down since I replaced them already, would have gone a long way for my expectations of service in a product that skews toward a high dollar toy.

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you, will do.
Finally got my game set up, I'll post pics & details later.
In the meantime, any suggestions on posts that look like the pics below? Quite scuffed, with some rust even.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the same thing I opened my ticket about that I have mentioned. Seems crazy an assembly person would not can a complete art that looked like these.

#3167 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

It's been extremely slow going to get responses. LTG was super nice and actually was able to help me get a response but now I'm waiting on another one. Then I was told that the software they use for tickets was blocking Me from sending the videos and photos they asked for . So then I had to email them directly. Etc etc .
Issues im having :
Bart registers hits on drain and randomly
The ball eject in the Bart assembly continuously fires throughout a game even when no ball is in there. Found a broken piece of metal in there. Sometimes the ball won't eject at all. Gun fight starts and ends immediately before I even get a chance to shoot the target.

Sorry you have been stuck with this. It is a great game and I hope you’ll be able to enjoy it too the fullest soon. The Bart issue would cause gunfight to end I think as when I miss the shot and hit Bart it ends.
Is your dealer no help? I know the local dealer (that I don’t use personally) would be sending techs out to resolve an issue like you have.

#3244 1 year ago

Got my cart painted.

C43D041B-DB3A-4BA8-9E08-D29AD8BFDBCD (resized).pngC43D041B-DB3A-4BA8-9E08-D29AD8BFDBCD (resized).png
#3295 1 year ago

FYI update to my ?s on CGC support, Ryan reached out and dealt with the minor issue I had, resolved it.

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

On my game, the mine VUK will only kick the ball out to the pops about 1 out of every 4 or 5 times - is this the expected behavior? Or is it supposed to go into the pops every time? Sometimes it’s a benefit if it skips the pops if you’re in a timed mode, otherwise it’s not great when it does. I haven’t really diagnosed it in-depth at this point, just curious.

I'll pay attention to my gameplay tonight have a few people coming over. Hopefully I get the leg fix in before hand as checking my decals I have a bubble started in the rub area

#3303 1 year ago

Not sure I am sold on the adding a step out screw. I had one leg that it then pinched at the top. I’ll try and adjust it out later on and report back.

2 weeks later
#3889 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

On a side note, I had about 15 people at my place and CC was played almost non stop all evening. I jumped on to play a game, and the flipper fade was HORRIBLE! Flippers had nothing left. I felt the coils inside and they were pretty damn hot. I've already contacted PinMonk, and he hopes to have a Tibetan Breeze kit available near the end of August.

What strength are your flipper coils set at? I have looked at changing mine as the train shot needs to be about perfect to make from a catch, but have not even looked where they are factory yet.

#4116 1 year ago

I might be getting carried away with this cactus theme. Just brought this home yesterday. Family members who was moving and not taking it. Hopefully it comes fully back to life, it has been neglected a bit from the looks.

09A4AB73-B6EA-47EC-ACDE-B8D1399F1CB8 (resized).png09A4AB73-B6EA-47EC-ACDE-B8D1399F1CB8 (resized).png
1 month later
#5077 1 year ago

My first issues after playing it for four months and this hopefully is easy but the game sure acts weird and gives out mega scores.

On first plunge often the marksman is completed no matter the skill shot, playing the game random modes complete. Sometimes being in the pop bumpers it will just keep on racking up combos, over and over. Switch tests the only thing maybe odd it is shows Right loop bottom 3-7 and left loop bottom 5-6 closed. Williams ID 36 and 37 (sure would be nice if the manual at least had a column for the new ID's).

Should these switches be closed normally? Is there any common thing to both of them? Have not even looked yet further than the test menu as I had to run out, and am now making the post.

Please help with any thoughts or ideas. Thanks

Not sure if it can have anything to do with it, but the audio system was just completed in the game room and it does have some decent bass. The two seemed connected but it could be just dumb luck.

#5078 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:Sounds like the game is too easy for some folks? Is it much easier to get High Noon than Rule the Universe on AFM?

For me AFM is easier, I do not have an AFM at home, but I get 20+B here and there and rule the universe on location, compared to my CCr at home that is setup harder (out lanes open etc) and I have only gotten thru it once with many more games.

#5081 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You have one or more leaf switches that need to be adjusted so the are open when no ball on switch, closed when ball activates switch

Not trying to be rude, but I do not think you are correct. Just checked the manual and in switch test everything is as it should be on page 3-4. Including the ones I had in question originally. The are NC.

EDIT:
Thanks as I now realize you could be right if in gameplay so i'll test it shaking it.

#5082 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Go into switch test, bang on playfield. Any leaf blade switch triggering make less sensitive. Any sensor triggering, try reseating it's connector.

I'll go beat it up some when I get home. Hopefully a status shifts if I crank the stereo or hit it.

#5093 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Go into switch test, bang on playfield. Any leaf blade switch triggering make less sensitive. Any sensor triggering, try reseating it's connector.

Well Just an update to my game seeming to go haywire. Bashing it and turning up the tunes (4 *15inch subs) did not cause anything odd in the switch test or sensors, I got the tilt bob and ball trough as they shook out of place. I flipped up the the playfield and gave things a once over, the only thing i noticed slightly was the maybe 5pin? connector on the board with the blue lights for marksman was not seated perfect. Put it on correctly and tested all is back to normal. No idea if that is just a lighting board or has a sensor, or if some other cable got moved enough to fix it, but it has played fine now since.

1 week later
#5247 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Lol I didn’t know these new machines still had eddies. But I do know that the original bally/Williams eddy switches were/are adjustable via a small flathead setscrew. And adjusted when rolling a ball over the playfield, and finding the sweet spot, looking at the red led to trigger

Pretty sure these are all digitally adjustable, I found that menu when I had a similar problem with the crazy combo number and sharp shooter. Mine turned out to be a loose connecter on the sensor board.

1 month later
#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:I'm not sure the audio is top notch, that was the only thing I didn't like on the se we had. Hoping it's better on the le. I have been talking with Dan at pinwoofer about a kit for cgc games, others might want to reach out as well.

I think the varied game to game, I have one that sounds great, yet another I played sounds way off compared to mine.

1 week later
#6202 1 year ago

In trying to solve the tied to track Polly. Any thoughts on if this is worth painting up to match?

39DF432A-BFA7-405A-B720-B2B48772713D (resized).jpeg39DF432A-BFA7-405A-B720-B2B48772713D (resized).jpeg46E6A0EE-2D2D-4908-98B2-828CFBC0406A (resized).jpeg46E6A0EE-2D2D-4908-98B2-828CFBC0406A (resized).jpeg5B117147-103E-472B-8A36-AEAF6B5DE512 (resized).jpeg5B117147-103E-472B-8A36-AEAF6B5DE512 (resized).jpegC5F19FBB-B4B6-4F48-BF32-7FBB04F29451 (resized).jpegC5F19FBB-B4B6-4F48-BF32-7FBB04F29451 (resized).jpeg
#6213 1 year ago

At least I got us off the topic of complaining about CGC. Lol. Yeah I figured this was not the way to go but the only model I found ready to print that seemed tied up. Maybe I’ll heat gun it and see about closing the legs some.

3 weeks later
#7043 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Noticed that the opto sensor near the pop bumpers trigger a Bart shot sometimes when the ball rolls over the opto. Is that part of the code or is something not right? Been doing it since day one. Don't see anything unusual underneath and all other switches seem fine.
[quoted image]

I experience the same not sure if right or wrong

#7068 1 year ago

Thrilled to hear people will be getting the LE's soon. I enjoy my SE a bunch and it may get moved on once I get my SE+, but really I have considered not even upgrading or just keeping it in the box for a awhile. I really do not like the slow downs with modes like what happens with video modes etc, so not sure the topper. Will look forward to hearing about it.

#7159 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Well mine has been on location all day and doesn’t have a single play… the other games have plenty haha not a good sign

The general public seems to like or head toward lic themes, from what i always see.

#7244 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I see a lot of value there and excellent build quality.
Is the leg-gate over or are these still prone to wrinkles?

Way thicker plate now being used, shame they didn;t send them out as a fix for SE owners.

1 week later
#7565 1 year ago

I have had my machine for quite some time 300+ plays and today I saw a first with a slow roll on the right ramp, usually the shot is much faster. It must be nicking the bottom of the train motor bracket every time. Any thoughts on what should be adjusted or could someone slow roll a ball on their machine to check the clearance to see if it happen on most. Thanks Also just want to add loving every bit of just the SE have an SE+ on order time will tell which gets sold.

IMG_3684 (resized).jpgIMG_3684 (resized).jpgIMG_3685 (resized).jpgIMG_3685 (resized).jpg

#7659 1 year ago

Still the most played in the lineup. Couple small issues but a very solid machine of the past months.

IMG_3708 (resized).jpgIMG_3708 (resized).jpg
#7692 1 year ago

Why did I have to see what invisiglass or whatever it is called looks like on a machine this past weekend, now I really want to add it. I am curious though if playing with invisiglass messes with you when you go on location to play. thoughts

#7752 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

CGC strategically has chosen to post in here when it’s to their benefit. They aren’t fed up with pinside when they want to sell games or share good news. Their continued lack of communication on the status of LES warrants criticism that does not require the sign off of the OP.

No different than the original SE release. no communication no status. I have an SE+ on order as well, own the SE right now, but after that not sure i will buy another CGC (preorder) unless it is CV, that is my other most wanted. I just spent the cash I set aside for the MMr re-run that was originally suppose to happen now on a ToM. Just did not want the wait, figure I'll just wait and see what ends up with distributors going forward, that would have been a faster path for my SE too.

#7755 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

The problem is CGC makes an incredible product. I will continue to purchase their games…I just wish they would improve their communication when people have non refundable deposits at distributors sitting for a year.

Completely agree. My SE has been solid. Just figure since i do not buy LE's per say, i'll just wait for the base model to hit a distributor instead of tying up $$ waiting.

#7912 1 year ago

1K for the upgrade Kit would be nice, when you figure in the past the color DMD chip only upgrade for AFM was $400.

#7929 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Wrong, it’s going to be cheap

Do you work for CGC?

#7946 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

The problem is the part that’s being redesigned isn’t part of the topper. Don’t expect games until 2023. I said this back a month ago. It stinks but we’re all going to have to wait. Luckily, it’s going to be worth the wait when they arrive.

Interesting as I took delivery of my SE in April and it has been a joy with over 1000+ plays, curious what not part of the topper needed redesign or work. I guess my SE+ when it shows will have the fix.

Also curious still how you say the software/hardware package will be cheap. It be great but why should we value your statements more than any others? Please explain both counts thanks

#7960 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a design flaw but just redesigning a very small part in the game

LTG what part is failing?

#7968 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Man I’m trying to decide whether to get cactus canyon or Deadpool premium I’m on the fence. I’ve not had the chance to play cactus but one time but enjoyed it n right now I have found both new about to drive me nuts lol. Will cactus be getting more code updates or is it done.

Deadpool is my favorite newer stern, personally I prefer the pro over the premium. I put CCr in my lineup as both versions of DP are available local to me at arcades. Also IMO DP rules are much closer to older williams/bally titles so that is why I think i enjoy it a lot.

If I was to choose which I would prefer to live with most likely would go CCr

#7972 1 year ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I hope one of those machines is Kingpin

Ditto.... thought american was doing it, but seems to have gone quiet

#7974 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Yeah CGC will have to answer for this eventually and hopefully they get hit in the pocketbook and that forces change. I spoke with the distro well known where
My spot is and they are not happy.

History shows they don't, and demand is the win as we want the product enough. the only thing that would convey the point would be if the next LEs go unsold but in this FOMO world and profit $$$ it will never happen. Tat being said, the product is quality when it lands.

EDIT didn;t even realize who i was replying too, man I wish you lived closer, though it would be serious trouble for sure!

1 week later
#8339 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Great photos from GAP. One thing I noticed is that this game appears to have opto flippers, am I seeing that right? This will be my first game with opto flipers, what's everones take on opto vs. leaf switches for the flippers? I know it was quite common for games of that of that (original) gemeration.
My experience is that they can be pretty sensitive (touchy). Perhaps the games I've played, the optos were not adjusted properly? Or maybe I prefer the feel of the leaf? What say you?

I have never minded the opto's on my ToM or other wpc's

#8405 1 year ago

On repair I myself will just order the boards and main playfield board. If pricing sticks near what it was on Attack remake it should be about $800 to have a spare for everything. Peace of mind for a long time.

#8486 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Can someone link me a good spring to grab from Marco to replace on a touchy drop target that sometimes triggers on its own? Not sure what to replace the factory spring with and I’m putting an order in soon. LTG ?
Thank you!

If you want to try one sooner I have a bunch of used ones from replacing whole assembly's being lazy. Can grab it from my house or I'll be at RLM tonight after 6:30, just ask anyone for John M

IMG_3869 (resized).jpgIMG_3869 (resized).jpg
#8487 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Number 70 in the house. Thanks Flip N Out pinball.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, I think I remember him mentioning this going to MO on his podcast.

#8521 1 year ago

The boxes looked in better shape that made it to Australia

#8620 1 year ago

How many software coders does CGC have on staff, I ask out of curiosity if the next game after stated MMr is an original how that code development may impact the finishing of the josh/lymann/X code.

#8681 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Shout out to Ryan at CGC. Called him and he helped resolve my side rail issue.

Wow I could never reach, glad he got you squared away.

#8940 1 year ago

Did this flipper hop thing just appear in later builds? I have an April build and with factory rubber it is smooth as can be rolling to the flipper.

#9076 1 year ago

Personally I am a fan of Brian Allen's work, I have the backglass he has done as well as the mirror. People are more drawn to the alternate BG when I install it, so I actually would bet the alt nomatter how fitting for the game would help a machine earn more on location. Just my added 2 cents, now what I hope is a bigger improvement is his ToM backglass that should be released this month. The original art is so soft and just bad it brings the whole game down in my opinion.

3 weeks later
#9879 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Couple questions for fellow owners .
1. Anyone else getting air balls of the center ramp? Have had a few fly off before the plastic air all cover on that ramp .
2. I ran the test for the topper and when I fired that coil that makes Bart fly back it blew a fuse ? Works fine in gameplay , not gonna try the test again

1. What is your flipper strength and game inclination? I have not had any

#9964 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Game is temporarily set up until I can shuffle a couple games to get it in the right place.
]

Cool glad it arrived. They came so fast I get why the space wasn’t ready. I kid I kid

2 weeks later
#10344 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Emailed my distro today got reply, he said I’m getting a game in their next batch. Hoping that’s in a few weeks

Can’t wait wait for you to get it.

1 week later
#10596 1 year ago

Just a chat rant, I had one of my most exciting games on CCr last night even after having it nearly a year. I have made it to high noon several times (I do not play it a lot machine has 127 plays), but this time I had nearly completed everything and had extra ball lit at the mine and at bart, was seeing a new high score in my future even though on ball 3. Then STDM. I really enjoy the machine but most of my time has been spent still trying to wipe the GC score from SM that has been there since I purchased it while waiting on this machine.

#10620 1 year ago

Sounds great not sure I’ll be in with the port communication.

#10641 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I probably shouldn’t bother responding to such a bastion of positivity but …
CGC has 5 projects in progress. Not everything is single threaded. That said I’m pretty sure resources were diverted from PF to CCr (including software team resources for the CCr upgrade) to the extent that Pulp Fiction, planned to be announced last year (fall?) was delayed. So you have it backwards - some projects are being delayed to help CCr, not the other way around.

if true worth the upvote i gave

#10670 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

CCr
CCr upgrade
PF
TZr
What’s #5?

I thought MMr was suppose to hit the line next

#10878 1 year ago

Has CGC made a public comment yet on if all CCr LE's and SE+'s will be delivered before PF uses line resources? If not can someone ask at TPF.

#10946 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

My recovery has taken a significant turn for the better.

This is the most important thing I have read in awhile, while I have been hard on CGC (maybe not as much in this thread), and even if your the hype man (i wish i could always be so positive). I am so glad a person has had a good day. Serious machines are machines we are not, glad to see this news. Now where is my code update

#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I have been having problem with the Bad Guy targets. They will not stay up. Keep trying to mess with them, cleaning, roughed up the surface a bit where the targets grip, good for a little while then back to not locking anymore. Any adjustment tips @ LTG ?

have you tried a lighter spring, it is detailed in a few threads here and I would bet the FAQ

#10978 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I spent a good amount of time today trying to correct a few issues that are pouring cold water on my enjoyment of the game. The one I just can't wrap my head around is the beer mug:
Physical action works 100% of the time. The beer mug sails up with ease upon each strike. I have the switch set so just the lightest touch triggers the electrical connection. I can prove this 100 out of 100 times in the test mode and in a game with the glass off. I can tap any spot on the metal flap and the game recognizes the connection. High, low, left, right, barely a touch or a firm hit. However, in a real game the beer mug flys every time but registers the hit only 50% of the time.
I swiped a dollar bill through the connectors on the switch, not a trace of dirt. I tried dialing down the flipper power and I see no change.
What else can I try to get this working correctly?

I experience this same thing but never dug into it. I think there is a way to adjust or check the angle for straight up down.

2 weeks later
#11348 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nothing new.

If there was nothing worth going to that thread for why did you post this? I too thought the screen shot teases were amazing. I would recommend people check out what josh mentioned over there too.

jfh (resized).jpgjfh (resized).jpg
#11363 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought my comment was self-explanatory. It would be nice to see info on the CCr upgrade code in the CCr owners forum.

I guess I meant you responded to the guy posting about josh's comments over there with "nothing new", like don't bother going there, but then you asked for the teaser screenshots to be posted here. Not trying to stir the pot as maybe it was just timing, but if the other thread wasn't linked (that you responded "nothing new") I would have not seen the new mode DMD shots. Unless I missed those shots here and they were posted in which case you are 100% correct and I apologize.

#11364 1 year ago

deleted

3 weeks later
#11867 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

No specific timetable was given for the expansion's arrival, Josh stated that while it's possible, he wouldn't count on it being ready this year.

That is a bummer, I was hoping it was done and just waiting on all the LE orders to be filled to offer it up.

#11915 12 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

New owner as of this week and I'm experiencing the same thing. My last three (made) shots to the drop targets resulted in 3 direct SDTM rebounds with no ball save. Is there supposed to be a ball save timer here? I'm avoiding the shootouts because of this.

I had this too, I asked back then and was told no, I quickly learned to hit the edges and not dead on, alleviating the problem for the most part.

#11932 12 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Is it me or is CC an easy shooter? I have a TMNT and it’s really hard and I’m not getting rid of it because I’m motivated to get the hang of the shots. On my CC I have a ton of fun, I get about 2 extra balls per game and I shoot out frequently. I’m not saying it’s a bad game because it’s easy. In fact it’s incredibly fun. I just don’t know if I click with this title or if everyone is having an easy time too.

I think it comes down to how you have it setup, I have more than quadrupled my home high score on others machines. But yes an easy layout

#11976 11 months ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Where can I get a mirrored backglass for this machine?

from the distributor you bought the game from, think that is the only way to order them for now.

#12132 11 months ago

If your a podcast person, Josh was on Triple Drain May 5th if you have not listened yet, nothing really new but still fun to hear him talk about CCr extended.

1 week later
#12346 11 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Has anyone had any issues with the right loop top switch activating when the ball is in pop bumpers and/or just with cabinet vibrations? Curious how to fix

Yes loose connector on board, follow the black wires back to board and reseat. Could also put it in test mode and bang on the playfield to see exactly which switch wire. Mine the game would go kinda crazy and score all kinds of random points.

4 months later
#13984 7 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Progress is being made every week on the update. It'll be ready when it's great.

Appreciate you dropping in to this thread every so often. It does help with the wait, not feeling abandoned.

1 month later
#14240 6 months ago

So did CGC have any announcements or info at Expo. Did anyone ask about the upgrade kits?

1 month later
#14548 4 months ago

Have these finally all shipped? Been loving mine for more than a year and half. Any word on the kit, or is it now a back seat to PF.

1 week later
#14618 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I play exclusively in the dark with only ambient led strips in my celing and light pinball sign. It's just a bit dark in the center of the playfield.

Thanks for your input

Thank you! I will give that a go.

I have Voodoo glass in mine. Definitely helps
[quoted image]

Any link to that pinball alley sign?

#14637 4 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I’m not sure if this is a bug in the code or something else. Did quite a bit of troubleshooting - two times now, randomly - things will cause combos to be counted up. For example, the ball goes into the pops and every switch causes the combo counter to go up, or just hitting a ramp (not in an actual combo scenario) - will count as a combo. I checked all the switches and did the classic playfield punch to see if anything was triggering - but this has been rare. It’s like the code gets locked into a state where it just keeps awarding combos. Any ideas? Basically, resetting the game is the only thing that will eliminate the issue.

I have had this and always found it to be a loose opto connector black cable in the sharp shooter lane iirc.

1 week later
#14691 3 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

You’re going to have to wait and then WAIT some more.

Yep it would be so nice to know it was being worked on and not just sat on.

#14694 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I believe the code is mostly finished. More waiting on the hardware kit testing and production. ifpapinball

It just seems so confusing as he mentions paraphrasing enjoying it in his basement. But they dropped the hardware hint mold
Long ago. Hopefully soon just looking forward to the added play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polishedball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=polishedball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.