(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riefepeters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I vote jfh best thread OP 2022

Agreed. He should get a twipy award. I have yet to see another thread where the OP has managed everything for reference in the original post so people can just find what they need. And few others have as well…which is why everyone keeps asking about stuff and they are pointed back to the FAQ!!

2022 TWIPY best OP : jfh

1 week later
#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

there is no rhyme or reason the way these things are being delivered !

The rhyme or reason is based on which distributor you ordered from and when as a relative to “when” other people ordered from that same distributor . And when that distributor gets their allotment. No other “when” comparisons matter.

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There is a fuller explanation of how this works in the FAQ.

This FAQ has everything…

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

why bother ordering and patiently waiting when you can just walk in and buy one !
this should fall on CGC fill the prepaid orders and deposits ....

Nah…just choose your distributor wisely. Choose a distributor that has stock or doesn’t have a poop ton of people in front of you. It has nothing to do with CGC…as jfh has already put in the FAQ…and the faq is pure truth in this thread!

1 week later
#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Not only does the factory shooter knob have a nice feel for that type of skill shot, the referenced mod shop is mainly a bunch of $5 keychains from Amazon “fused” to a rod for like $100 sale price on average.

To be fair, most mods and products in general are similarly cheaper and way marked up after a manufacturing process. But their “fusing” process is top notch and the epoxy finish very smooth and nice and balanced. I have a few plungers from super skill shot shooters and no complaints. But yeah, choose a good one that does fit the game you’re buying for!

1 month later
#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

It's something that has annoyed me in quite a few recent non-Sterns. Dialed-In is really bad for this, although I like the game. Valhalla the same. Houdini, et all. There seems to be a rather wide variance in the strength of the flippers from shot-to-shot, which makes dialing in (heh) shots harder than if they were consistent. Say what you want about modern day Sterns (and I'm well aware of many QC issues) their flippers are solid and consistent, whether tuned for high power or anything else. Just my 75 cents.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve got many sterns, several cgc, spooky UM, AP Houdini and several classic BW. I’ve never had an issue of “flipper I consistency” on my CGCs or any other non stern…

3 weeks later
#3345 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Somewhat off topic for this thread but since any of these proposed fixes entails removing the legs I'll ask -- what's the easiest solution for lifting the machine a bit to get the weight off of the legs. I realize some have invested in harbor freight lift carts and the like (and modified the handles) or similar but I haven't taken that plunge as of yet. Any other cost effective means to safely lift the machine just high enough to take the weight off of the legs to complete one of these fixes? (other than suing your back that is).

Games will stand on three legs. If your game is already up, then just do one leg at a time and have everything right there as you’re doing the leg. You might have to hold the leg less corner or steady it just a bit, but it’s like holding 3 lbs. no big deal.

1 month later
#4653 1 year ago

Eh…CGC remakes are awesome.

I’ll wait all year…and next year if I have too and I’ll play AFMr and MBr while I wait.
I’ll then buy MMr3 and wait.
I’ll then buy Totanr and wait.
I’ll then buy TOMr and wait.
I’ll then buy CVr and wait.

When the products are good, the products are good. Plus, the people behind the products are good. I say stay silent CGC and keep making fine ass remakes!!!!!

There are plenty of other games to buy and play while I wait too…

2 months later
#5804 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:Just as long as CGC isn’t cooking up one of those Stern retroactive price hikes that applies to yet to be delivered games... FML

I’m pretty sure I saw some language in their purchase agreement terms of service that they have the right to increase the price by $2500 to anyone who talks smack about them on ANY pinside thread…

1 month later
#7198 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Everything you need to see is under the playfield. There are no mods to the playfield itself.
Riddle me this Batman - “When are saloon doors not Saloon Doors?”
The answer will surprise (and delight) some, but it certainly isn’t going to be what some are expecting. The upgrade will be a must have for LE owners and most others as well.

If you seem to know what the “saloon doors” are based on your own inspection under the playfield…what are you being so cryptic about it all the time? Why not share?

#7229 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Read what I have in the FAQ. There is enough info to figure it out. If someone puts the pieces together I’ll confirm whether that’s what I think it is or not.

Have you been working with Turner pinball to leave just enough bread crumbs in the faq? will someone win a back glass if they figure out your suspicion? Cuz I’m not reading the faq unless a prize is involved.

3 weeks later
#8183 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

for those waiting for LEs, you won’t be disappointed with waiting for a well built high quality and super fun game.

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately I am unable to bask in this glorious wait as I wasn’t able to secure an LE. But I will gladly take on the wait for ANY future LE owner. And I’ll pay you for it…at msrp. You may even be able to convince me to pay you $200 extra so that you dont have to wait so impatiently for a game to ship or cgc to give you an update. I will bask in the silence knowing I have one of the highest quality manufactured games coming at a crazy awesome price.

1 month later
#9282 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:I don’t want to speak for others but I find this almost entirely unhelpful and seriously annoying.

You can certainly speak for me!

#9367 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s kind of pointless…So let’s not waste time

It’s kind of pointless to try to control Pinside!! Every owners thread on pinside has people speculating on when they will receive games…because some people just like to do that. So let them!!!

Personally, I have plenty of games and I don’t care when I get mine. I’m just glad CGC makes a damn fine quality game and I plan to get every remake. I don’t care if they take 3 years to ship because they’re fixing stuff. And I don’t care if CGC doesn’t want to state what they’re fixing. I’m just glad I have an option to buy some of these classics at a reasonable price with quality that is top nachos!!!

But I am annoyed at your posts on this thread. And it takes A LOT to make me annoyed!! It takes a lot to for me to post something like this as usually I just pass over and whatever…but look at your percentage of posts in this thread? That’s a poop ton brother and a high percentage of those posts are scolding other people posting in this thread.

Perhaps start your own private CGC CCr thread where you establish posting rules? Or let the thread live…

#9541 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If those numbers are correct, the SE+ games are already sold

As an FYI, I email PPS a long time ago to see if they had an SE+ available. Nope.

So, let's assume PPS is the largest distributor.
Let's assume PPS got the same number of SE+ as LE.

That's a big portion of SE+ games already sold. And the smaller dists probably have already committed, or have to commit to take the SE+s because they took the LEs. So from CGCs perspective, the games are sold.

#9575 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Consistent with notes I received this week,

Thank you for letting us know you still have inside information. I was worried your source dried up.

5 months later
#13156 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I was told by one guy that it's their kid's future college fund. That's just stupid.

I agree. Entry level college degree jobs are some of the lowest paid right now…

But I do kind of like the idea of using the pins as the savings vehicle instead of a 529. More flex of use on the backend…

5 months later
#14727 3 months ago
Quoted from NielsR:

I'm sorry for posting here. If no allowed please delete my post. I am thinking about buying an CC remake and i was wondering how people feel about the game? I hear some people say if flips way different compared to an Williams CC. But i prefer asking people who own the machine.

I’ve owned all the CGC remakes save MM, and the only remake I still have is cactus canyon. A nicely maintained original flips and feels vastly different and better than the remakes. My friends that don’t own pinball machines and play a few times a year at my place can’t tell the difference, but they can hardly tell the difference between a gottlieb system 3 and Williams WPC flippers…so yeah.

All that said, cgc quality of cabinet and parts is top nachos. Many would trade the flipper feel of OG for the high quality brand newness of the remake. I’d rather have a very nice OG (but CC is still TBD with potential code enhancement from OG)

#14744 3 months ago

I’ve got some flyland art blades not installed. 20% off MSRP and free shipping to you. Anyone want them? Message me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riefepeters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=riefepeters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.