(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajc3030.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1049 2 years ago

Just got word my SE shipped and will be here Thursday

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Brian Allen just emailed that he had (10) more of the 13x19 color art prints leftover from TPF that he thought he sold, and they are now on the website. I just checked and it looks like there's only 4 left if anybody wanted one: https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/cactus-canyon-13x19-full-bleed-metallic-sheen-art-print-limited-edition/

Snagged one ! Thanks for the heads yup

#1095 2 years ago

Mine has landed and it is even better than expected . Forgot how much fun this game was . The last time I played it i was maybe 11.

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Photos or it didn’t happen

Snuck in a couple games before work

20220408_085921 (resized).jpg20220408_085921 (resized).jpg
#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I ordered an SE, I'm not a topper type o guy...lol. But, yeah, I'm strongly considering placing an order with them and getting a refund from my distro.

For the regular SE I placed an order on Saturday and got it Thursday. They may still have some

#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey guys. Waiting for my SE order to come in. I was originally torn between this and a Godzilla pro. Couldn’t find any on location to try. Nor do any local pinhead buddy’s have either game. I went with the CCr se as I’ve never had a CGC game before. For you owners, what do you think of it? Unfortunately, I’ll have to buy sight unseen. Plus pinside only has reviews of the original.

I haven't stopped playing it . To me the price tag on this game is an incredible value in the market right now. There's nothing else NIB at that price with this kind of build quality .it's funny , shoots just like a MB or AFM in my opinion. It's just a ton of fun. Rules are straight forward, but still challenging to achieve them all . You won't be disappointed

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dammit I think you guys just cost me 9K!
Always wanted this game now I just have to figure out how to pay for it, lol.
Looks great and would definitely want to do the Brian Allen art package on this game.

The best way would be to sell me your White Water lol

#1194 2 years ago

My only regret is not getting the SE+ .thinking about moving the SE to find a MB and getting back in line lol

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Sounds like a smart move. I have seen lots of Stern buyers do that. They will buy the lower end model and a higher end model. The lower end model is released first and they play it for a while until the premium model or LE model are released then they sell off the lower end model. It seems like they usually break even or even make a couple hundred on the deal as well.

After spending a few days with it. I just really want the topper lol. This is gonna be one that Is bolted to the floor for me

#1205 2 years ago

I've seen the LE powder coat , but what are some other colors you guys think would look good on this game ?

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

May be a bit extreme but a clear coated rust like patina.
I've never seen it on a pinball machine but I've seen a few classic trucks with it done and I like the look.
Pictures for reference
Edit: searched Google and found there is a powder coat option... Did not look into cost
https://patinapowdercoat.com/gallery/
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the way you think sir

#1247 2 years ago

Is it " easy" ? For most of us I'd say no . However it's straight forward . There's plenty of cool modes and hurry ups that keep me interested . MB is easy , AFM is easy , however they are both massive fun.

#1271 2 years ago

Thanks for the tip in here. Going with " rust " powder coat for CC. Waiting on art blades , saloon doors and a dew other mods to arrive . Will post pics when done

#1370 2 years ago

Can you get lollipop style rails for these games ??

#1433 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend a place to find lollipop style rails that would fit this game ? Either I'm not that smart, or I'm just searching the wrong thing .. probably the first one.

#1435 2 years ago

This is the color I'm going with for powder coating

Screenshot_20220412-143833_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220412-143833_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

What does everyone use to move their games? I’m gonna need to haul mine around the back of the house to the walkout prefer to keep it on the pallet until it’s inside.

I'm not sure how you would move it on the pallet short of just getting someone to help you carry it

#1509 2 years ago

Going with this for a shooter rod

Screenshot_20220418-150203_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-150203_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I saw this at TPF. Very nice.
I’d much rather have one that says Cactus Canyon but I believe PPS asked the person making them for the original game to stop.

Call it cheesy, buy I thought a cowboy hat shooter would be cool.

#1533 2 years ago

Went with these as well

20220419_093522 (resized).jpg20220419_093522 (resized).jpg
#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I got a bit overzealous removing the lockdown bar on my CCr the other night and inadvertently nicked the right siderail (see photos). Anyone know if there is a good way to address the slight nick in the metal (yes - I realize I am being anal about it) to "clean it up" a bit? Given that it is a nick and not just scratch I don't think there is much that can be done but thought I would ask... Thanks for any info.[quoted image][quoted image]

If it bothers you that much you can replace that rail for about 30 bucks . These are a breeze to take off as CGC did not put the foam tape on them like games in thr past. It's just 4 screws

#1540 2 years ago

Good to know. If they had taped them, I wasn't going to attempt removal for powder coat. Now I know I can just buy a spare set and swap them out. I never put the tape back on when I restore a machine either, it's so unnecessary.

It was a nice surprise. I was fully expecting it when I pulled mine off

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't worry about PPS unless you are blatantly copying existing IP. Artwork and mods that include a cactus or a cowboy hat alone are not grounds for a valid IP infringement claim. Rick may think otherwise, but let him try and follow through with any of this nonsense and he will see it's a waste of his time.
Rick likes to think that other people selling mods which may cut into his sales of licensed mods is grounds for a claim but he is mistaken. He likes to threaten people for no valid reason other than maybe costing him some lost parts sales. You can sell all the mods you want, and if your product sells better than his, well tough for him.
You might have a problem if you are selling "Cactus Canyon flipper toppers" but you can sell "Flipper toppers for Cactus Canyon" all day without worry.

Correct . You can't just own a " western theme " lol . As long as it doesn't say cactus canyon it's fine

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

To be fair, most mods and products in general are similarly cheaper and way marked up after a manufacturing process. But their “fusing” process is top notch and the epoxy finish very smooth and nice and balanced. I have a few plungers from super skill shot shooters and no complaints. But yeah, choose a good one that does fit the game you’re buying for!

Yea I've held the exact shooter in question at a show and it didn't feel cheap at all

1 week later
#1804 1 year ago

Gotta say the Allen art blades really make this game pop . Got mine installed yesterday . Just waiting on powdercoat now . I'm gonna swap some pinstadiums into it today and see how it looks

1 week later
#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

No offense to OP... this seems wrong in so many ways when others ordered from day one ...

I got mine the same way over a month ago

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

played the SE at allentown,,,some saying LE,,,there were no LE to be found,,,SE and SE plus,,would like to get more time with this game and be able to hear the sound,,,but so far it looks like it will be our next game,,,,,,

For what's its worth I just got a godzilla. We had a bunch of people over yesterday and CC got played more, about 3-1

1 week later
#2186 1 year ago

Went with a color called Rust bucket for my SE . Can't wait to get it installed. Steve nailed it

Screenshot_20220519-210836_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-210836_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-210919_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-210919_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2201 1 year ago

Mezel has these posts out now . Pretty nice touch

Screenshot_20220520-174522_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220520-174522_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220520-174541_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220520-174541_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2300 1 year ago

Would someone mind taking a picture of the shooter rod ? I'm reassembling my game after powder coat and can't remember if there is a washer on each side of the barrel spring

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

A washer on the outside, a washer near the rubber shooter tip, no washer right inside next to the shooter rod housing but before the spring.
LTG : )

Thanks !

Is there one right against the shooter knob ? If not , somehow I ended up with 4 washers

#2309 1 year ago

My " Rusty " cactus canyon

20220526_120509 (resized).jpg20220526_120509 (resized).jpg
#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I like that !!
You do the full trim package ?
Very Nice and fitting for the theme

Thanks! Yep did the hinges too

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

This looks fantastic. What color is this and what does powder coating a pin cost?

Thanks! The color is called " Rust Bucket"

Typically 250-350 depending on what you have done . I can send you his Info you'd like

#2350 1 year ago

My game started acting funny today. Bart is registering hits at random times, even when the ball drains

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check connectors and sensor, be sure nothing came loose.

Thanks . Nothing obvious stood out . Sometimes when a bad guy pops up it also registers a Bart hit and immediately drops back down. Very strange. Or it'll continue trying to eject a ball from Bart even when the ball isn't in there

#2378 1 year ago

I'm trying to find a minature toy to put at the end of the tracks . Like a " Polly tied to the tracks " thing lol

#2488 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Ball hangups are so odd on this game some get them some don't. I really wonder if it depends on setup angle.
On a side not CGC tech got back to me in under 24hours with a question I had. Win!

I didn't start having any issues until after I increased the angle

#2493 1 year ago

You had hangups after INCREASING the angle? That seems opposite of what one would assume. I'm not sure what pitch I'm at, but the shots flow nicely, and a bad shot gets rejected on the steeper ramps. So, maybe I'm too steep? I don't know. Still have to get home and poke around.

Yea I had a new issue start today. The mine will close sometimes and not raise back up .

#2547 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Godzilla is my first Stern. A dream theme, for me. It really is a fun, fast game and shoots great. I am mostly a B/W guy. I love Godzilla and it needs alot of mods to make it look as nice as it plays.

I just got a godzilla pro delivered about a month ago . While I love it , I find myself wanting another BW title . I considering selling or trading to aquire a MB, or AFM or something like that

1 week later
#2731 1 year ago

A wizard mode should include Bart Man

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#2789 1 year ago

Anyone else have trouble getting responses back from tech support ? I've opened a ticket. Sent videos they requested etc . Been crickets . Tickets been open for two weeks with no suggestions. Bart registers hits when ball is plunged or drains or just at random . It also repeatedly trys to kick the ball out of the Bart trough when there is no ball in there.

#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Sounds like a simple switch adjustment. Are vibrations triggering the switches?

It seems to be at random . I've been looking for a stuck switch and just haven't seemed to find anything out of place . I suspect you are probably right, I just haven't figured it out yet

#2873 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I want one of these SO bad. Again, I've never played it I just love the theme.

Just sell me your Monsterbash and then you can buy it !

#2966 1 year ago

How is the mine supposed to move ? At periods during the game mine is almost closed and will move upwards after the shot it is made sometimes

#3134 1 year ago

I have an issue where the Bart kicker continues to fire even when no ball is in there . I have a ticket in but does anyone have any ideas on what that might be ? It does it randomly throughout a game . I cant figure out if that's what is causing gun fight to start and immediately end .

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the wires from the sensor to where they plug in under the playfield. Unplug them, then plug back in, and be sure it's tight.

Looks like everything is plugged in snug.

I did find this in the Bart scoop. Not sure what it's broken off of or if it's causing anything

20220624_201654 (resized).jpg20220624_201654 (resized).jpg
#3155 1 year ago

After hitting Bart, it should feed into the pop bumpers, then eventually roll down from there. Mine goes from there to the left flipper. Bart and the gold mine feed into the pops. Is yours not doing that?

Mine doesn't do this either . Mine feeds to the right

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

A few others have reported these. Open a ticket with CGC and request new ones. Unfortunately it seems the ticket system has been leaving a lot to be desired so you may need to stay on top of it.

Yea my game has basically been unplayable for a month , I've had a ticket in since June 1st. I'm to the point where I just wanna sell the game. I wish I could just talk to someone on the phone to solve whatever the issue might be

#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sorry what exactly is your ticket for ? and this said ticket has been open for a month with no communication from CGC? Do they refuse to fix or are they ignoring you? I

It's been extremely slow going to get responses. LTG was super nice and actually was able to help me get a response but now I'm waiting on another one. Then I was told that the software they use for tickets was blocking Me from sending the videos and photos they asked for . So then I had to email them directly. Etc etc . Wait time for any sort of response is just very long.

Issues im having :
Bart registers hits on drain and randomly
The ball eject in the Bart assembly continuously fires throughout a game even when no ball is in there. Found a broken piece of metal in there. Sometimes the ball won't eject at all. Gun fight starts and ends immediately before I even get a chance to shoot the target.

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Sorry you have been stuck with this. It is a great game and I hope you’ll be able to enjoy it too the fullest soon. The Bart issue would cause gunfight to end I think as when I miss the shot and hit Bart it ends.
Is your dealer no help? I know the local dealer (that I don’t use personally) would be sending techs out to resolve an issue like you have.

Thanks. I love the actual game when I did get to play it lol. I put in a request to the distributor to see if they can help

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sounds like CGC needs to improve their customer service? In the past they've been pretty responsive to any issues I've had, but that was pre covid. Personally I think customers should get responses within a few days with some sort of game plan to resolve issues.

I understand why they can't, but I miss the days of calling someone on the phone

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe your issue is booted up to the engineers or in need of parts ? ( if you reseated the connectors ) Which I can't do.
Call the phone number on the website weekdays during business hours. Hit "O" for operator. Ask for George Bork.

Connectors have been checked. I followed all of the wires from the Bart ejector to the board and pulled them off and reseated them. I did find a broken piece of metal but can't tell what it's from

#3220 1 year ago

I did some digging around the game yesterday and found a few things. The pin and e clips that holds barts face on was almost all the way off and the e clip laying in the cab. Also the left orbit rollover switch was stuck . It looks like when they assembled it they over tightened the metal bracket. I took the switch off completely. Unscrewed it , and messed with it until I could get it to spring back. Then I reseated connectors again. I've played like 7 games since and haven't had an issue yet, but I did notice those connectors wiggle off way too easy . I'm hesitant to add a shaker motor now.

3 weeks later
#3997 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’ve seen people bitch on here that this and that doesn’t work. Then the same guy listed it in marketplace with not notes about these things not working and waiting on parts. Maybe they told the seller verbally but be careful out there.

If you're referring to my game, not only did I document on this thread the issues , I also posted how it was fixed . The game had 2 issues caused by parts that were not Installed correctly at the factory, or jostled loose during shipping . Once repaired the game worked as Intended . Not only that but Ryan, their VP of Sales reached out to me and apologized that it took over a month for me to get any resolution and closed the ticket. To insinuate anyone did anything dishonest is ridiculous, and if I'm not mistaken you bought a game from me lol. Also I was never waiting on parts, nor did I receive any parts, or need any parts. Buyer hasn't had any issues and we also discussed the connectors, and he stated he had the same experience with Rick and Morty.

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You did the quote on this wrong. I only posted to try hot glue on the connector. The rest under that wasnt me. I never bought anything from you.

Apologies, meant to quote the other comment, fixed it

#4187 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

This site is both a blessing AND a curse! Every other day I come THIS close to putting my MB CE up for trade for one of these bad boys.

I'll buy it ...

#4190 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

You’re at the top of my contact list if and when I decide to do it.

Thank you sir!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,999 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajc3030.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=ajc3030 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.