(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.
    #601 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

The game list has kinda stalled at 158. While I realize there are some whales who have yet to commit, and that there will be many more games signed up at the last minute, but still... I just wanna make a pitch to the rest of you.
    Two games makes you a total VIP, baby. Free entry, free breakfast, extra time playing without the unwashed masses around, a chance to strut around with your lanyard saying "I brought games," a front row seat to watch the whole thing come together, the warm fuzzies from knowing you helped make this happen. Hello? It's a no-brainer.
    Bring your working trade-bait. People get all sporty and want to go home with something different. Bring something to make a deal with.
    Bring something to show off and share. That's one of the biggest sources of the warm fuzzies benefit. Just watching people line up for your machine, or having them thank you for bringing it because they'd "never played (seen) one of those before."
    Look at the list and see if you ain't got a couple machines that aren't there. Wax 'em up, rubber 'em up, and head for Lodi!
    Ok, I'm done now.

Think about what machines will be available during the early play time when the public isn't allowed: Iron Maiden, TNA, Frontier, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Guardians, Alien and of course Spanish Eyes.

#602 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

The game list has kinda stalled at 158. While I realize there are some whales who have yet to commit, and that there will be many more games signed up at the last minute, but still... I just wanna make a pitch to the rest of you.
    Two games makes you a total VIP, baby. Free entry, free breakfast, extra time playing without the unwashed masses around, a chance to strut around with your lanyard saying "I brought games," a front row seat to watch the whole thing come together, the warm fuzzies from knowing you helped make this happen. Hello? It's a no-brainer.
    Bring your working trade-bait. People get all sporty and want to go home with something different. Bring something to make a deal with.
    Bring something to show off and share. That's one of the biggest sources of the warm fuzzies benefit. Just watching people line up for your machine, or having them thank you for bringing it because they'd "never played (seen) one of those before."
    Look at the list and see if you ain't got a couple machines that aren't there. Wax 'em up, rubber 'em up, and head for Lodi!
    Ok, I'm done now.

I'll be signing up a couple of games but I'm holding off until I'm sure they're really ready so I don't have to complicate things by changing my entry last minute like last year. I'm hoping to finish my epic (as in long) Comet restoration in time to share it. I'll also probably bring a restored Moulin Rouge or San Francisco.

#603 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Think about what machines will be available during the early play time when the public isn't allowed: Iron Maiden, TNA, Frontier, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Guardians, Alien and of course Spanish Eyes.

You DAAAAAAAAAMN right.

#604 6 years ago

28 days until showtime!!!!

#605 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Ok, I'm done now.

I'm bringing 2 pins for the first time. What's the early entry time on Friday?

#606 6 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

The Flipper Room will have a booth at the show with a host of pinball art, framing, TFR merch, and... our Alien pinball machine for y'all to enjoy.

I can personally vouch for their framing work. They framed half my game room, plus that Gold Mine shadow box. I'm hooked.

#607 6 years ago

Jbovenzi just signed up for the Friday Night Kickoff dinner.

Just very happy to see Cliffy come out of his Cave, er I mean Garage!

#609 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm bringing 2 pins for the first time. What's the early entry time on Friday?

The early entry is 9am on Saturday. Folks that bring pins get in an hour before the show officially opens (10am that day). No early hours on Friday or Sunday.

Cheers,
    Seth

#610 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

and of course Spanish Eyes.

Uh oh, I think I might be the source and/or butt end of a new inside joke. I might have to hog it all weekend - park it on a stool and never budge from it for hours on end just to keep the absurdity alive...

#611 6 years ago

Hey hey hey, there is enough Spanish Eyes to go round guys, let’s not get grabby.

#612 6 years ago

So much to see and do this year. Everyone make sure to stretch and eat your veggies.
    Also drink plenty of water.

This Golden State Pinball Festival psa brought to you by the letter P and the number 9.

#613 6 years ago

Finally remembered to sign up Night Rider!

#614 6 years ago

I just added my ever popular 1974 Bally El Toro (El Boro for you philistines) and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

#615 6 years ago

To the GSPF folks there,

Cheddar and I discussed hopefully a neat thing. Saw that Pinball Molly had a picture of a friend through an EM back box.
    I thought it would be a fun thing to set up for a Kodak Picture Spot for the show.

Anyone got an empty Gottlieb single player EM back box that we can attach to a cabinet? I can take apart a High Hand if needed, but thought I'd ask the group first.

I'm happy to set this stuff up for the tourists...

Jim B.

#616 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

To the GSPF folks there,
    Cheddar and I discussed hopefully a neat thing. Saw that Pinball Molly had a picture of a friend through an EM back box.
    I thought it would be a fun thing to set up for a Kodak Picture Spot for the show.
    Anyone got an empty Gottlieb single player EM back box that we can attach to a cabinet? I can take apart a High Hand if needed, but thought I'd ask the group first.
    Jim B.

I like it!

#617 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

To the GSPF folks there,
    Jim B.

Pingeek photobooth - I love it ! (But the only empty head I have is the one attached to my neck.)

#618 6 years ago

Great! Glad we have some positives here.

If nobody has the empty setup, then I will rip apart High Hand.

#619 6 years ago

Flash!!!!!!

Calling all pinheads, Calling all pinheads.
    We need you to bring your games.
    The games list is still light so let's get your games signed up today.
    We are only 27 days and a wake up until,

SHOWTIME!!!!!!

#620 6 years ago

Games. In the interest of not bringing a duplicate title, we want to wait until the list fills in a bit more before we finalize what two games to bring.

We're currently thinking WWFRR to highlight the spankin' new colorDMD Randy and his Crayola Crew just released. And for our beloved EM room possibly GTB Surfer or Kingpin?? I just shopped out our Jumping Jack hoping to bring it but I see someone beat me to the clown punch.

Paragon or Playboy have also been mentioned instead of the EM contribution (though I really love sharing EMs with everyone)

Open to requests (sorry, we don't like to repeat so Punk and HGOT are staying home this year )

#621 6 years ago

One of these days would love to bring my High Hand to the EM room.... just have to find a halfway decent playfield, hoping for a repo to happen some day.

#622 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Don't forget the P³, Lexy Lightspeed-Escape from Earth.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#623 6 years ago

I have the empty extra head for Oh Boy. I'll bring that. We don't need no stinking wedgeheads.

#624 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

empty extra head for Oh Boy.

More room for (multi-player) couples photos

#625 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Games. In the interest of not bringing a duplicate title, we want to wait until the list fills in a bit more before we finalize what two games to bring.
    We're currently thinking WWFRR to highlight the spankin' new colorDMD Randy and his Crayola Crew just released. And for our beloved EM room possibly GTB Surfer or Kingpin?? I just shopped out our Jumping Jack hoping to bring it but I see someone beat me to the clown punch.
    Paragon or Playboy have also been mentioned instead of the EM contribution (though I really love sharing EMs with everyone)
    Open to requests (sorry, we don't like to repeat so Punk and HGOT are staying home this year )

Punk was great last year. Maybe it could return next year. I’m thinking I can’t make it this year due to an Injury. Still trying to make it for a day with my walker and all!

#626 6 years ago

One replaced transistor away from signing up Excalibur...

#627 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

One replaced transistor away from signing up Excalibur...

Sign it up! Will be modivation to finish

#628 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I have the empty extra head for Oh Boy. I'll bring that. We don't need no stinking wedgeheads.

Will the bolt pattern fit on my High Hand cabinet? If so, that works for me!

#629 6 years ago

26 days folks. Much to do before Showtime.

There are still positions available for volunteers.

Games to be added to the names list.

There is the silent auction and the raffle.
    We still need items for those.

Have you reserved your seats for the dinner?

Are your games ready for the show.

We are getting close, drink lots of water, get plenty of rest, stretch, and get ready for the bestest pinball show west of the Mississippi!
    See you there.

#630 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Open to requests

Little Chief and/or Lucky Seven please.

#631 6 years ago

Quick reminder since I just remembered to do this today and it's the last day to "interest order" glass!

Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

PLAYFIELD GLASS!
    A limited amount of new standard & 'WPC wide body' playfield glass @ $35ea will be available for pickup at the Marco Specialties booth! We are taking "interest orders" until 4/22. Please drop us your name, email and amount of glass you will buy; then pay at the show by Sat. 3pm
    Email us through our website here: http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/contact-us/

#632 6 years ago

Good morning pinheads!
    The thought for the day,
    When you are at the Golden State Pinball Festival, wear comfortable shoes.
    Also, Deodorant is your friend.

#633 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Good morning pinheads!
    The thought for the day,

Earplugs or hearing protection for the sensitive

#634 6 years ago

AreWeTheOnlyOnesAroundHereThatGiveAShitAboutTheBigLebowski (resized).jpgAreWeTheOnlyOnesAroundHereThatGiveAShitAboutTheBigLebowski (resized).jpg

#635 6 years ago

Getting excited about my 6.5 hour drive north.

This year I can only go one day but in the Future years I hope to attend all the days...

Picture not supposed to be attached here.
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#636 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Good morning pinheads!
    The thought for the day,

AB9A4664-FADB-4C13-8617-C10D6A831097 (resized).jpegAB9A4664-FADB-4C13-8617-C10D6A831097 (resized).jpeg

#637 6 years ago

Really nice list so far! TX-Sector, Embryon, The Shadow, Lebowski, BSD, Iron Maiden

Hope someone decides to bring a Taxi tho, wouldn't be a pinball show without one!

#638 6 years ago

UPDATE - Chicken Bucket Lamp is sold

I have another game room light for sale which I can bring to the show. Asking $150.

It is identical to the one pictured below, which is hanging under my tiki bar. I have one extra.

It is fiberglass, 1950's, appears to be NOS, new lamp kit & chain in antique brass, warm white LED bulb. 6 ft cord. 3 ft chain. Same size as a bucket of KFC.

Is anyone here old enough to remember seeing these in the restaurants?

20180418_232051 (resized).jpg20180418_232051 (resized).jpg

20180418_232200 (resized).jpg20180418_232200 (resized).jpg

#639 6 years ago

Bring this and bucket of KFC to the show.
    Check!

EB9BFBB7-5D0F-4990-9DE7-D5185BECE131 (resized).pngEB9BFBB7-5D0F-4990-9DE7-D5185BECE131 (resized).png

#640 6 years ago

I am appalled and offended that you would insinuate that our guests have questionable hygiene. I will not sit hear and listen to these slanders.

Good day sir. I said good day!

#641 6 years ago

Thats cax he’s referring too! But hey each show cant be perfect, so i been told by a kfc eating stinking armpit playing bandit.

#642 6 years ago

I have another game room light for sale which I can bring to the show. Asking $150.
    It is identical to the one pictured below, which is hanging under my tiki bar. I have one extra.
    It is fiberglass, 1950's, appears to be NOS, new lamp kit & chain in antique brass, warm white LED bulb. 6 ft cord. 3 ft chain. Same size as a bucket of KFC.
    Is anyone here old enough to remember seeing these in the restaurants?

The lit glass float is cool too, don’t remember seeing one of those before.

#643 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Thats cax he’s referring too! But hey each show cant be perfect, so i been told by a kfc eating stinking armpit playing bandit.

Oh man. The CAX stinkers. Don't remind me. So many stinkers and slimy joysticks there. Still a fun show. Best to hang on the pinball side.

#644 6 years ago

I loved the colonial before he went tits up.

#645 6 years ago

for possible time reference ......from wikipedia.....
    Larger portions of fried chicken are served in a cardboard "bucket",
    which has become a well known feature of the chain since it was first introduced by franchisee Pete Harman in 1957.

#646 6 years ago

Oh man. The CAX stinkers. Don't remind me. So many stinkers and slimy joysticks there. Still a fun show. Best to hang on the pinball side.

I swear I wasn't gonna chime in, but this post made me.

I've seen and smelled pretty much the worst things you could ever think of in my career, but for some reason, what sends me dry heavin' is bad B.O.

The last CAX, I had to step outside a couple of times to refresh. Not saying that it was the Pin guys or the Vid guys but I guess what I'm trying to say is it was definitely the Vid guys.

#647 6 years ago

25 days until SHOWTIME!

Today's post unofficially brought to you by
    The Colonel.
    He did chicken right.

#648 6 years ago

Wait? 25 days? How'd that happen? I best my trailer reserved.

#649 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Wait? 25 days? How'd that happen? I best my trailer reserved.

Tick,tick,tick. It's getting close.

#650 6 years ago

24 days and counting.

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/13?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.