(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 6 years ago

I don't have enough fingers and toes!!

2 weeks later
    #205 6 years ago

Yeah MrGone, get on it!

3 weeks later
    #230 6 years ago

It's worth saying twice, right?!

#241 6 years ago

I kind of expect to see PAGG revert somewhat to what it used to be, a smaller, "bunch of machines in a room" kind of show... but the GSPF no doubt will be THE NorCal pinball show from here out.

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Maybe you have good reason for your expectations but c'mon. Why not be encouraging and helpful to whoever is going to continue PAGG in Dixon? Pinball shows are not exactly a mainstream booming thing. I appreciate anyone who puts on a pinball event and am always happy to lend a hand.

I'm not "not encouraging" anyone, that's just the kind of show Don liked to run. It wasn't until other folks got involved that PAGG expanded to what it has been the last few shows. Maybe he will continue that style, and maybe he won't, but as long as the people come out I am sure it will still be a good time. Hell, some people really liked the "bunch of machines in a room" show, myself included.

Meanwhile, I have seen what the GSPF has planned and it's going to be awesome. Lots of stuff to do and see in a larger facility and alot of planning and effort going into it.

#246 6 years ago

Yep, good compromises, and we get a fall pinball show out of the deal. Score!

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

You know I wanted to ask. Steve Charlands spirit. I hope some one local got that. Did I see it at cAl extreme?
    I hope some one local got it. So you all can still play it.
    I would have snagged it if I was able to get to that auction. But I hope it stays around.

I believe his family held onto Spirit. It's probably gonna make show appearances tho, like AL's Fireball.

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Steve's Spirit was sold at the PAGG auction to an old friend of Steve's who will hold on to it and bring it out to make show appearances, as gunstarhero said.

Okay, well I was partly right!

3 months later
    #291 6 years ago

Even when there wasn't beer, there was beer aplenty. I think PAGG is the drunkest I have ever been in public.

#298 6 years ago

This festival is going to be... APOCALYPTIC!!

#327 6 years ago

GO-GO-NO-MO!

2 weeks later
    #356 6 years ago

We are going to the Weird Al show too! Didn't spring for the VIP stuff this time, but we did it for the Mandatory Fun show and it was awesome. We were front row and when Al came down into the crowd he got all up in my wife's business, it was hilarious!

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

How cool! I've been a fan since his college radio station show on KCPR in San Luis Obispo. (It was on after Dr. Demento) Seen him several times but this feels kinda special.

Yeah, totally agree. AL shows are predictably awesome, but I'm pretty jazzed to see his quasi unplugged take on himself.

#390 6 years ago

I'll be seeing him in Sac on Tuesday nite.

1 week later
    #425 6 years ago

I wine a lot about how cheese-y this show is becoming.

#443 6 years ago

Everyone can relax... Spanish Eyes will be at the show.

#446 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

So it's working?

Of course not, hahahaha. I only bring broken games then I get to work on them all weekend (see Dredd, Judge).

#468 5 years ago

GET THAT SPOT SPARKY! I don't know where we'd hang out otherwise.

4 weeks later
    #603 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Think about what machines will be available during the early play time when the public isn't allowed: Iron Maiden, TNA, Frontier, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Guardians, Alien and of course Spanish Eyes.

You DAAAAAAAAAMN right.

#611 5 years ago

Hey hey hey, there is enough Spanish Eyes to go round guys, let’s not get grabby.

1 week later
    #707 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

What time do I need to arrive on Friday to realistically have a shot at playing in the tournament? Getting there at 1 seems a little early to me but I dont want to miss out.

There is no too early. Well unless you get shanghai’d into helping unload games like I always seem to, then yeah, you arrived too early.

#749 5 years ago

I’d love to see someone bring a Metallica, AC/DC and a Fish Tales!

#790 5 years ago

I’ll try to reclaim mine this week, gotta steal it from one of my dealers, lol.

#797 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

I'm counting 10 days until SHOW TIME !
    I'll bring a bar with mixers and solo cups. Is this appropriate (or allowed)?

Allowed? Hell it's encouraged!

#811 5 years ago

It’s very short, you should be just fine.

#815 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Posting this from elsewhere, help if you can
    Golden State Pinball Festival is coming upon us fast! like less than two weeks away!! and i REALLY need a couple more "professors" for the pinball school - there is a 10am and 2pm class (2 hours total)
    Please, I really look to the wonderful league community to help me with this annual task. I don't ask much else of you guys... you don't have to be an expert, you just have to have a love for pinball and the ability to hang out with some new people for an hour at a time.
    (there are 2 sign up spots, one for each hour, in case you can't do both - if you are able to do both hours, you would get in to the WHOLE SHOW for free. if you're only able to help with one hour, you get the SUNDAY for free! But it's not about the free admission! is it? )
    please let me know if you have any questions or need a gentile push to actually commit. it's fun! it's easy! it's a great way to spread the love of pinball!
    thanks
    (sorry if you saw this twice, but I really need the help!!)

I teach such great classes as "Buy high, sell low." and "How to suck at pinball."

1 week later
    #1155 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Well life happens, and I won't be making it after all.
    Please bother dan Devriend (Gunstar hero) and ask him where Brian is. He loves that shit

I just told everyone he’s undergoing gender reassignment and his new name is Brenda.

#1228 5 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

According to my WW, it was a busy weekend.

My Getaway took 452. Not bad.

#1258 5 years ago

Last I heard we hit 333 on the show floor and there were a few in the camp ground too!

#1317 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I was surprised to not se Medieval Madness among the ~350 machines. I played a beautiful original one at TPF, but it also had the original DMD which sucked. I was amazed it actually said "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz, who the F**K are you?" My MMr bleeps this out.

An original MM beeps it too, but there is a hacked “swear”rom that doesn’t. Someone was telling me once they had a swear rom for MMR too but I’ve never seen one.

#1332 5 years ago

Grey Wolf also had an assist for me on my Getaway! Great dude.

#1341 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

5 years and first post. Lurker of the year!

Lol I did that too. If you look at my pinside history I didn’t post for a loooong time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.