(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 6 years ago

Any chance on a different name? Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

Anyone who owns 311 games gets to call it whatever they want
    pinwiztom see you at FO@L 2017
    I cant wait to meet you
    That is quite a collection you have Sir

And he has a Frontier!

1 week later
    #90 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Greetings all,
    I'm really looking forward to the new venue.
    I grew up around Lodi and think the Grape Festival Grounds are a good choice for growing the show.
    Those of you who have visited Timathie's garage/man cave have probably met me.

Tell us more about Timathie's!

#100 6 years ago

Thanks to Rob Anthony, Jurassic Park The Lost World is 100% Healthy now and will make an appearance in Lodi in 343 days!

#102 6 years ago

Mine was received today as well and has the nvram installed too....very nice!

1 week later
    #114 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

If you already know you'll be attending head over to the events area here and click that button!!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/golden-state-pinball-festival-2018

Thanks. added myself.

#128 6 years ago

I don't want to piss my life away but I can't wait for 333 days to click off!

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hot,You say?? Redding at 111 today!!!

Whew I am glad it's a cool 98 degrees here.

3 months later
    #231 6 years ago

So is there going to be both shows? I am confused, I thought PAGG was changing to the Golden State Pinball Festival but when I went to the PAGG website I see 2018 dates....Did I miss something?

I will add that two PAGGS is better then one!

IMG_1336 (resized).PNGIMG_1336 (resized).PNG

#236 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I don't feel like this question actually got answered. What's the story?

Yeah there isn't much information in post 8

#238 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

The show is moving to Lodi. The Northern California Pinball Association took over PaGG 6 shows ago and we're moving that show and experience to Lodi under the new name.
    The guys who ran it before the NCPA wanted PaGG to be in Dixon so they moved the show to October.
    So the NCPA changed the name of the show in Lodi to the Golden State Pinball Festival.

That clears it up....thanks Cheddar.

#244 6 years ago

Air conditioning too!

3 months later
    #294 6 years ago

Does anyone know if a TnA will be making an appearance? I will assume JJP will have a POTC there.

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I can officially confirm that TNA will be present at the Golden State Pinball Festival.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

This is FANTASTIC to hear! Thanks!

1 month later
    #417 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I like where you guys are going with this, but tiki mugs come in many shapes and sizes. Not sure what would be nearest to Universal Fit. And being wide open at the top (unlike beer bottles) they may be prone to splills from nudging. Just my initial thoughts.
    Speaking of drinks, are we allowed to drink wherever we want at this new venue? I'm tempted to make some flaming Volcano Bowls on Sat night. Would anyone be interested in that?

In

2 weeks later
    #483 6 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

That's rad Mark!
    Thinking I'll bring just a couple this year in a small Uhaul trailer. Thinking SoF, RADICAL and AMH.
    It was easier to bring the whole collection to CAX since it's in my backyard and I had a free truck.
    Getting excited!

Man moving that many games couldn’t have been easy, but thanks again for doing it. It really made Ca X. Fun last year! See you at Golden State.

4 weeks later
    #625 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Games. In the interest of not bringing a duplicate title, we want to wait until the list fills in a bit more before we finalize what two games to bring.
    We're currently thinking WWFRR to highlight the spankin' new colorDMD Randy and his Crayola Crew just released. And for our beloved EM room possibly GTB Surfer or Kingpin?? I just shopped out our Jumping Jack hoping to bring it but I see someone beat me to the clown punch.
    Paragon or Playboy have also been mentioned instead of the EM contribution (though I really love sharing EMs with everyone)
    Open to requests (sorry, we don't like to repeat so Punk and HGOT are staying home this year )

Punk was great last year. Maybe it could return next year. I’m thinking I can’t make it this year due to an Injury. Still trying to make it for a day with my walker and all!

3 weeks later
    #857 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I don't think I have been more excited to meet a bunch of strangers or go to a event in years. Now to remember to pack that deodorant so i don't make a bad impression.
    So dedicated to going I am closing one of my stores on Friday because I could not find coverage. Some people said don't worry you can go next year, to which I say F that noise life is short. Thanks to everyone involved with this or bringing games.

Deodorant? Heck I stopped showering two months ago in preparation!

#909 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'll do better than last year. Like a dope, I brought a bunch of cupcakes, totally forgetting about the amazing cake that comes out during the BBQ. Yeah, I was one of those guys.
    This year, I'm bringing chips!

You bring the chips and I will bring Potato and Macaroni Salad...never too much of those

Anyways I am very excited to report that I have secured a ride to this Epic Show for myself and my walker! I will see you all Saturday! I can’t wait so if you see some goofy tall guy with a walker and wrist brace, say hello!

#1013 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Actually, this one is more like this:

I think I am blind now!

#1093 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Lodi or bust!

Man that van is so cool!

#1165 5 years ago

Had a great time yesterday, what a fantastic new venue. Thanks to all the organizers and everyone that brought games!

The tradition of the BBQ was on point...Sparky your the man! Thanks to everyone that contributed! Suzy, the trifecta of desserts you made (cupcakes, cookies and lemon bars) were fantastic! Thanks JJ for supporting this tradition renting a trailer!

To everyone that said hello it was awesome to meet and reconnect with so many people, way too many to list individually! Pinball people are the absolute best and this was cemented by everyone yesterday and all the unsolicited help from everyone. Thanks to the famous Mr. Hotdog man fireball2 (who was featured in the Lodi paper no less) for everything. Unlike Lou, if you would like my autograph or a picture with me...no charge! A special thank you to TimO for picking my walker and I up yesterday and driving up to the show and back. I am so fortunate to have been able to attend Saturday!

I just want to say that anyone that has never attended this show needs to seriously consider it in the future. It is absolutely fantastic and every year gets exponentially better.

Once again a testimony to the organizers and their love not only for pinball but obviously their concern that everyone has the time of their lives at this event!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.