(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Wow what a show! We just got done cleaning the facility.

#20 6 years ago

So many people deserve thanks. It takes 6 board members, a dozen super volunteers, 6 truck drivers, 80+ game owners, over a dozen vendors and another 300 volunteers to put this show on every year.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Out-West:

Might also add the RV park filled early this year and was the first time I have seen campers against the fence on the main road. Time for more RV room and pinball room. Can't wait to see new location.

It would be packed to the gills and some wouldn't have hook ups but the new facility can camp over 100 vehicles. The Good Sam Club does a camp in there every year.

We'll manage the spaces so we can take reservations too.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

Was there a lack of beer in Dixon? I was not aware.

Saturday got a little "wet". So much so that it peaked early and was quiet that night.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Hoping that there will be some sort of restrictions within the pinball hall
    to keep people from putting their beer/soda bottles/cans near/on the machines.

Absolutely, the security of our guests and the machines they love is our top priority wherever we are.

#82 6 years ago

I'm usually not there at the time but I would be honored to cut the first slice out of Susi's cake!

The only thing better that the look of her cakes is the flavor.

2 weeks later
    #111 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Has that actually happened? Turned away for lack of room??

Not in the last 2 years. We have a process to remove games from the floor (usually ours) to make room for overflow games.

We do everything in our power to make sure that someone who brings a game(s) is not turned away.

#124 6 years ago

Locals just got to the LBC (Lodi Beer Company) downtown. About a 1/2 mile away from the show.

Make sure to visit down town for Beer, Food and Wine when you come to Pin a Gold Ball next year

1 week later
    #149 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

When do they have the Grape Festival there in Lodi???????

Mid September

1 week later
    #160 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im already planing which games Ill be bringing...But who knows, by that time I may have a few new games. Gotta start building my new game room out back, that way I can have more games setup.

I think you should bring that Nudge It! And buy a Nugent too!

3 weeks later
    #173 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

California extreme Saturday, cough cough sorry.

Looking forward to seeing you again

3 weeks later
    #188 6 years ago

Introducing StocktonCon to the joy of pinball. We'll be there tomorrow from 10-5

IMG_20170819_111223_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20170819_111223_01 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170819_151751132 (resized).jpgIMG_20170819_151751132 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170819_150728600 (resized).jpgIMG_20170819_150728600 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #221 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Well, looks like I'm going to miss the first day of the show this year. My wife just told me she has graduation from the masters program at FSU on the 18th. I should be able to make 19th and 20th.

That's a good reason

Congratulations to the Mrs!

#223 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

She did say, “it’s ok you don’t have to come to my graduation” but we all know how that would turn out.

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap (resized).jpgAdmiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap (resized).jpg

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Question about the RV sites....will they be first come first serve, or will there be a system in place to reserve a spot, and will we be able to reserve a specific site on the grounds?

we will have a reservation system online. Right now I have a list of people to reserve sites for via pm.

1 week later
    #237 6 years ago

The show is moving to Lodi. The Northern California Pinball Association took over PaGG 6 shows ago and we're moving that show and experience to Lodi under the new name.

The guys who ran it before the NCPA wanted PaGG to be in Dixon so they moved the show to October.

So the NCPA changed the name of the show in Lodi to the Golden State Pinball Festival.

#239 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

That clears it up....thanks Cheddar.

No problem! Nothing wrong with 4 Pinball shows in Northern California

#249 6 years ago

I'll be at Sac Con at the Sacramento Convention Center with a couple of pins today introducing people to pinball and the Golden State Pinball Festival. If you're going to be there please stop by and say hi.

#252 6 years ago

GSPF looking good at Sac ConIMG_20171008_095118 (resized).jpgIMG_20171008_095118 (resized).jpg

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Love the bear flyer and couldn't help but notice the "7th annual" text with it.
    Wonder if the guys resuming control of PAGG will go back in time...
    Doesn't matter, It's all mo pinball for the cause, so it's all good.

You can't leave off the second line:
    The 7th annual show
    Presented by the Northern California Pinball Association

1 month later
    #267 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Oh, you big teaser, you.
    I've seen a lot of construction type equipment in the RV and main parking area the last few weeks.

Oooh maybe it's some sort of pin bunker!

3 weeks later
    #271 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

Anyone know if there will be Wifi available? My friend and i do a weekly live pinball stream. Would love to bring a lightweight single stand rig along and stream some of the festival if wifi is going to be available.

No site WiFi is available. We have excellent cell signal if you want to bring a portable hot spot. That's what we do with the registers and the game check in system

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I use my iPhone to "Hotspot" all the time. Both via wifi, as well as via USB (when there is a lot of radio noise nearby, or too many competing wifi signals).
    If you're serious about the stream, you might want to take a road trip and test a few mobile carriers ahead of the event; see which carriers can give you the capacity you're looking for at that site.

And if you do hit me up and we'll have lunch. If there's nothing at the location I'll give you a tour of the facility

1 week later
    #281 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

Will weekend passes be available at the door? I should just go look at the website

Yes they will, we usually have a desk by the door that sells weekend passes before you even come in.

#282 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Ive marked my calendar, but couldn't order tix and T-shirts for Christmas!
    Take my money already guys!

good idea for 2019

1 month later
    #290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

Trying to get my alcoholic friends to commit to coming to the festival. The typical response is “Sounds cool... will there be beer?” Hoping to get this clarified soon

Yes there will!

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

How many should we try and have? Maybe a nice lineup of like at least 5? I can bring mine if I don't bring something else and/or have help to move a machine(s)

Gene that would be awesome

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I would love to see a row of TNA at GSPF! Let's see how many we can get there.
    I may have new one available if it's paid for in advance and is at the show all weekend for play in the line up. Email me if interested.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

I'd love to see this. If someone was ready and had the cash maybe we could get an Alice Cooper too?

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Mr Cheddar,
    When do you need volunteer sign ups and machines to be registered?
    (And you are welcome for the plug!)

I'll start volunteer signups April 1

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wife and I called the "Wine& roses,Spa&hotel!! $350.pr.nite. Best western,here we come!! Looking forward to seeing-not-seeing everybody!! Well,glad to hear from you, Practicalsteve,will your co.do the flyers again this year???I understand there will also be another venue at Dixon,same time? 2018 will rock!! C U all there!!!!

Wine & Roses is the nicest hotel in town! It's the hot spot for weddings all summer. Great restaurant and banquet facilities. Shocked it's only $350 a night.

#322 6 years ago

If you're coming to Golden State why not take home a new in box game. We have special show pricing for many new titles. Send me a PM for details.

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

we may make the drive down, is there a buy sell thread started yet?

Time to start one pin-pimp

1 week later
    #342 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Since Charlie is coming from Spooky should we try and have even more of their games on hand? I've brought my AMH the last couple years but only can bring one in my vehicle and am planning on TnA this year - but if I can get help may be able to bring AMH too

It would be awesome to have all the spooky titles. Borygard is bringing a TNA. I know a guy with an RZ. Maybe spooky will bring an Alice Cooper?

#346 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

The Camping Link on the GSPF web page doesn't give me any info about the new place. Anybody know how I might make a reservation?
    Already giddy...

We're not ready to start taking reservations. We have a ton of space. We'll announce when the system is ready.

#351 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

The show is right before my birthday, so the night prior, I'm treating myself to a VIP Weird Al Experience! Awesome seat, meet & greet, photos of us, autograph, Weird Al wristwatch, framed set list, pre show Weird Al Jeopardy game show and much more. No hits! No parody songs! The back of the T-shirt says it all!

Jackson Park Express is one of my favorite WAY songs. He'll probably lay that one although he isn't coming close enough for me.to go see him. I am taking my 16yo daughter to see Depeche Mode on the 24th.

#363 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

He's been to Pins and Needles before so I guess he's into pinball - someone should invite him to the GSPF

I just posted an invite to his Facebook page. Anyone know of any other ways to contact him?

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Book your rooms, fellas! They are going fast. I just booked mine.
    Remember that time I brought tiki drinks for the BBQ last year and the cops pulled me over leaving the show and saw a shitload of open booze bottles in my back seat?

We're fortunate that the festival grounds are within minutes of I-99 so in addition to the hotels in Lodi you have access to any hotels in Galt and Stockton that are near the freeway. For example the Galt hotels are 10 minutes from the show.

#372 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm not too familiar with Lodi.... anyone know the availability of Uber in the area?

I'll see what I can find out

Screenshot_20180303-071612 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180303-071612 (resized).png

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I got a good rate at the Motel 6, booking through the Motel 6 site. Very close and looks nice enough.

Not like you'll spend much there.

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Does Marco or any of the other vendors bring PF glass for sale?
    thx

Marco will deliver free to the show but not sure about glass.

Our friend Cody found a place in sac that cut standard glass.for us are $33/sheet

#382 6 years ago

Yep, ground edge (not full rounded) and no bug

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

What's the name of the glass place in Sac.?

Central Valley Glass & Screen

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Will there be “pinball church” in Lodi and what time does mass start on Sunday morning?

Silverball Church is listed on GoldenStatePinball.org and starts at 9AM on Sunday

#411 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Do they make a pin gulp for that AC/DC that will custom fit a tiki cup?

We've been talking with our charitable partner the Worlds of Wonder Science Museum about 3D printing cub holders. I bet we could make one that would fit a tiki glass!

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Rooms still available in Lodi and nearby areas.
    Check hotels.png for availability.
    They are going fast.

Here's some results from hotels.com. 4 of these are within minutes of the venue. El Rancho is next store.

Hotels (resized).pngHotels (resized).png

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That's It! Cheese! Wine and Pinball. Getting Fancy.
    » YouTube video

now you can bring that non pinball friend (seriously who has those?) to the show so they can get wine-hammered!

#432 6 years ago

Coming summer 2018 from fox! There's a new team in town with that original flavor Cheddar & Vino. The law is sharp!

#437 6 years ago

CDMD is at TPF, if anyone sees him there please encourage him to go to Golden State.

#444 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Everyone can relax... Spanish Eyes will be at the show.

So it's working?

2 weeks later
    #508 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

What web site??? Where is the volunteer sign up at,please????

We have to notify last year's volunteers via email before we make the link public. Like most people i am with family today and will try to do it when I get home.

#510 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Relax there, Johnny! He just said that, as a previous volunteer, you're gonna get emailed before anyone else daddio.
    Go take your meds and play some pinball!
    Can't wait to party witchu... Bring yer skate: There's a skatepark a mile or two away.

I need to ask Johnny to relax a little more. The new location has brought a whole new set of responsibilities and we want to get it right. If you have volunteered in the last few years you will be the first to know when it opens so you can sign yourself up for your favorite positions!

To make it up to you I'll let you in on a little treat we are making up for the show. Big Thanks to Dito Milian for helping me with the model on these. This one hasn't been cleaned up yet so it will look even better when I'm done. These will come with a matching bracket to attach it to the leg bolts on your machine2018-04-01 18.57.02 (resized).jpg2018-04-01 18.57.02 (resized).jpg

I'll be taking pre-orders for these since they take a while to print.

#512 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

See? I knowed they were gonna take care of bidness! Are those bad boiz gonna come in different colors? What's our price point? They look pretty beauty.

I can do blue, yellow, black, red, silver and gold right now. Looking around $25. Need to make sure that covers materials

#516 5 years ago

I've got 3 blue ones done. I'll reach out to the people who indicated interest here. If you want one please let me know what color you want.

#518 5 years ago
    Quoted from steigerpijp:

Can you make a yellow one with blood splatter

I can make a yellow one if you want to spatter it!

#520 5 years ago

I need to point out on the cup holders that while I will clean up the overprint I will not be smoothing these prints.

#522 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

What exactly does that mean? I have little (no) experience with 3D printing

you can see before and after in this image: https://www.3dprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/sand.png

It would be very difficult for me to get this level of finish on the logo. Here's a good detail on a cup holder I am working on. I am trimming off the extra fibers to clean up the logo. I won't be doing the sanding step.2018-04-02 12.13.32 (resized).jpg2018-04-02 12.13.32 (resized).jpg

#523 5 years ago

Gold came out nice2018-04-03 16.56.22 (resized).jpg2018-04-03 16.56.22 (resized).jpg

#532 5 years ago

Volunteer signups are open. Thanks for your patience.

http://signup.com/go/KapXtES

#541 5 years ago

Surprised a viking hasn't been signed up. I know of one. Need to.put on the pressure

#544 5 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Hey guys! I know I've been somewhat MIA from Pinside for the past while(life has changed a lot this past six months), but I will definitely NOT be MIA from the GSPF! I've already got my games signed up and I've even got my brother going with me this year. He usually comes with me to CAX since he's more of a vid guy, but since his in-laws live in Lodi, we're staying for free and I'm getting in for free, so it's a great win/win. He usually volunteers at CAX to get in for free there, too, and was asking me about the GSPF and the volunteering there.
    He wants to know if the volunteering requirements are time based or number of shifts based, or both. I saw that there are some shifts that are a couple hours long and others can get to be over four hours. So how does it all work? How should I advise him on what to do?

2 3.5 hour shifts for a 3 day pass.

1 week later
    #581 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

The Flipper Room will have a booth at the show with a host of pinball art, framing, TFR merch, and... our Alien pinball machine for y'all to enjoy.

I need you to frame my dirty Donny V8 Interceptor limited edition!

#591 5 years ago

Spent some time this morning arranging shipment details for some of the amazing NiB sterns and spookys we'll have at the show.

#593 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,looks like I miss the party Fri.Nite,I'll Be doing roving security at that hour

Schedule is still wide open if you want to change. We do appreciate our volunteers that take the night shifts though.

You can hang out with me, I'll be on duty too

#601 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

The game list has kinda stalled at 158. While I realize there are some whales who have yet to commit, and that there will be many more games signed up at the last minute, but still... I just wanna make a pitch to the rest of you.
    Two games makes you a total VIP, baby. Free entry, free breakfast, extra time playing without the unwashed masses around, a chance to strut around with your lanyard saying "I brought games," a front row seat to watch the whole thing come together, the warm fuzzies from knowing you helped make this happen. Hello? It's a no-brainer.
    Bring your working trade-bait. People get all sporty and want to go home with something different. Bring something to make a deal with.
    Bring something to show off and share. That's one of the biggest sources of the warm fuzzies benefit. Just watching people line up for your machine, or having them thank you for bringing it because they'd "never played (seen) one of those before."
    Look at the list and see if you ain't got a couple machines that aren't there. Wax 'em up, rubber 'em up, and head for Lodi!
    Ok, I'm done now.

Think about what machines will be available during the early play time when the public isn't allowed: Iron Maiden, TNA, Frontier, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Guardians, Alien and of course Spanish Eyes.

#633 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Good morning pinheads!
    The thought for the day,
    When you are at the Golden State Pinball Festival, wear comfortable shoes.
    Also, Deodorant is your friend.

Earplugs or hearing protection for the sensitive

#640 5 years ago

I am appalled and offended that you would insinuate that our guests have questionable hygiene. I will not sit hear and listen to these slanders.

Good day sir. I said good day!

#674 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seth, I havent forgotten you or my Lodi friends.
    Actually working hard on it all week, kept seeing your email in my gmail, another call to AP.
    Im one of a small handful of beta testers amd got another box of parts this week, also beta testing code.
    Long story short , its coming down to which distributor may, or may not come. Either way, myself and American Pinball are trying to get a game to Lodi. I mean, im really hounding them.
    Also might get a couple AP guys to fly out to show.
    Sorry for the delay on confirmation, but I should have more news come Monday or Tuesday.
    Trying to make the magic happen, get one more set of rules and code update, and make sure machine has new shaker motor.

Thanks for everything you do for us Eric. We have an overhead projection rig we can put on it Saturday to sweeten the deal if that helps.

#677 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

20 DAYS!!! Only 20 DAYS until SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!
    Damn, I need to clean my games.

AWWWWWW SHHHIIIII

#685 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Did you guys figure out the games are going to be raffled off?
    I think last year you played a title guessing game on the thread leading up to the show, if I remember right.

we never announce the raffle games so guess away

#687 5 years ago

Hey we've got a lot of traffic today so maybe it's time for the....

Temperature Contest!

Who wants to attempt to run it this year?

#699 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

HA, busted cheddar! Looks like he forgot some of our past shenanigans.

mea culpa, yua sucka!

Tease it out and announce!

#703 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

So happy to say I am coming to this show and its actually my first pinball event ever. Very stoked to hopefully meet most of you and have a few questions.
    What time do I need to arrive on Friday to realistically have a shot at playing in the tournament? Getting there at 1 seems a little early to me but I dont want to miss out.
    Are there any pinsiders dinners/parties/gettogethers/trustfall groups thingamabobs happening? Anyways if you see me at the show please say hello or tackle me or something ok not the tackle thing.
    So yeah Friday and all day Saturday and have coverage at work blessing of my wife to "go have fun, you deserve it" and even bringing my little brother to the show.
    Just booked my room in Lodi!!!
    -Will

Maybe a friend going earlier can by your tournament entry? Flippn' Friday Kick Off Dinner, plenty of tasty treats and drinks at the concession. Lots of info here: gspf.org

#704 5 years ago

A big shoutout to Max for putting us over 250 games signed up!

#719 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

2fitty2! 16 days. I'm giddy.
    Yo Cheddar! How do I change Skill Pool to Expressway on the list? My neighbor started waving money in my face and done bought Skill Pool. Said it brought him back to being 12 again. Do I add Expressway and tell you to delete Skill Pool (like I just did)? Or could you just drop in and modify the Gdoc?

Nope I'll just change it for you

#726 5 years ago

Hey Gold Ballers, I have a line on a new TNA to be delivered to the show. If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks

#729 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Tickets not available to purchase online?

No, never have been.

You can buy tickets to the Flippin' Friday Kick-off Dinner online if you like.

FlippinFridayDinner (resized).jpgFlippinFridayDinner (resized).jpg

this is the link from the image: https://paypal.me/pools/c/83rBPauLla

#730 5 years ago

We still need volunteers for the show. This is an easy way to earn free entry! Plenty of good spots are still available.

Please signup to help here: http://signup.com/go/KapXtES

#744 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

It sounds to me like I need to somehow do Sunday too.

We'll have plenty of RVs nearby if you need to rest in a quiet place and save your energy for Sunday

#746 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Thanks my fiancée got us a room in Stockton somewhere. With a balcony so I can smoke my medical marijuana easily.
    My original plan was to be there on Saturday only. Now I can't see a reason why working it out to be there Sunday too.
    The spookie info looks like information I would like to see.

Ein BlazenFlipperung!

#748 5 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I would love to see someone bring a monster bash as well as Guns n roses and Totan.

this ^

#753 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

In conjunction with Spooky Pinball LLC and the Golden State Pinball Festival I'm very excited to announce the auction of a brand new Total Nuclear Annihilation benefitting Taro's Legacy Fund.
    The silent auction will be held at the Golden State Pinball Festival the weekend of May 18th-20th. The game will be unboxed at the start of the show and the winning bidder will be able to take the game home at the end of the show on Sunday!
    All proceeds above the game's retail price will go to Taro's Legacy Fund, benifitting service dog organizations that help people in need.

Saw this on the facebook post: You can learn more about Taro's Legacy Fund in my post here; https://facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211412550330274

#755 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

I kicked my self last year for not staying Sunday and it looks like I’ll be regretting it this year too. You guys are formulating a great show, a show to set the standard for all others.
    We’ve got a fairly large crew from the Museum of Pinball coming up to enjoy the festivities!! See you alll soon !!
    Ps, I’ve got 4 Jersey Jack signed items, pinball book and 4 shirts that I’m donating to the raffle. Please dig deep and buy as many rafffle tickets as you can to support thr charities of GSPF!!!

We love our Banning Brothers!

#760 5 years ago

Any of.our guests staying at El Rancho next store will find a GotG in the bar. Super clean which is surprising for a bar

#766 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

Do you have a list of vendors? From all the shows I’ve attended you guys normally have the best and most useful vendors. By far.

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/vendors/

#775 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Games. We’re bringing WWFRR for the ColorDMD lineup. We’re still narrowing down the second game we’re bringing. We decided to bring an EM cuz EMs are cool. Choices are:
    1. GTB Surfer or 2. A beautiful Ted Zale designed, Christian Marche illustrated, Zipper Flippered Bally Op Pop Pop.
    So, I’m *kinda* leaning towards Op Pop Pop. Cool with you cats??

I think we have a surf champ coming so I say Op Pop Pop!

#795 5 years ago
    Quoted from Akitostarwind:

Ok I'm in. I added two games after looking over the list. I thought about TZ but there's quite a bit already signed up. So other machines fill the spots. Is it just pure pinball at the event? I have a very modern pachinko machine that's cool to play around with if people are into that type of pinball. Or just leave it at home?

Just pinball. Thanks for bringing games!

#798 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I love the people I work with. Always looking out for me. I guess I talk about pinball a lot.

VIA Magazine FTW

#807 5 years ago

Saw the menu today. It's awesome. So much good food. We'll share more info as soon as we can get a pic of it.

#812 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

We couldn't get a room in Lodi and chose Stockton instead. How is the drive between the two? Have to ask because Cali roads can be crazy. Thank you.

anything in east stockton is an easy 10 minute drive up 99. The show is 2 minutes off the freeway in Lodi. PM me your hotel name and I'll find you the best route

#814 5 years ago

I just sent directions to a pinsider staying in Stockton. If you are coming north up 99 here is how you get to the Festival:

Take the Victor Rd exit
    Left on Beckman Rd (frontage)
    Left on Victor Rd and go back across freeway
    Right on Cherokee Rd (at this point you can see the Lodi Grape Festival Grounds)
    Left on Lockeford St.

Parking is the grass lot right before the buildings. You can enter the grounds from the parking lot you don't need to go back out to the street.

The parking immediately in front of the festival grounds is reserved for handicapped parking

#818 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I also teach a course in "Bricking made Easy". ( - :

I'd love a mode where you build a value by not hitting anything while the ball is not cradled. It's time to be rewarded for all those posts I can't miss.

#820 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Is the RV parking entry through the same parking lot?

RV Entrance is southwest corner

#829 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I am so PUMPED. I’ll be cramming the cab of my truck full of stuff for the swap meet also. Does anyone know how the swap meet part works? Meaning, are there tables to use or should we bring our own folding tables and chairs and such?

bring tables

#843 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yo cheddar ! Hate to bug you again this close, but Fireball 2 (the game not the person -lol) has been experiencing an intermittent issue I can't seem to track down at this late moment. But I DID manage to get Excalibur up and running to replace it. So could you swap out FB2 for Excalibur?
    And then I had an idea (I know, scary). I looked at the list and there ain't no Genies, and mine plays purty nice. So what if we replaced Expressway with Genie, and I went for a Gottlieb SS run: System 1 Genie, System 80b Excalibur, System 3 Title Fight?
    Whatchu think? Genie's a widebody, but she ain't upstairs like Expressway and FB2, so I win on moving them too.
    Sorry to make you mess with the list so late, but I'm pretty stoked about this idea.

You got it buddy. I'll do it this afternoon

#844 5 years ago

That's some nice looking show weather there!

#870 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Susi's 4 pins don't seem to be listed?

Did you sign them up?

#884 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Susi's 4 pins don't seem to be listed?

I signed them up for you Todd

#895 5 years ago
    Quoted from fanofpinball:

Sparky, I can bring a canopy also. Looks like I won't be bringing Bally Circus or Exhibit Bounty. Circus is not going to game over now after 5th ball and Bounty is too buried to dig out. Which 2 of these 3 should I substitute instead? Data East Slap Shot (not a pinball, but fun hockey arcade game) Bally Skateball (another Greg Freres game) or Williams Time Fantasy?

Skateball and time fantasy

#919 5 years ago
    Quoted from fanofpinball:

Converted inline flippers on Skateball last night, if someone can add Skateball and Time Fantasy to the pinball list and remove Bounty and Circus.

done

#923 5 years ago

whew got 4 machines ready tonight

#969 5 years ago

Keep in mind that alcohol was completely prohibited last year. With that in mind the group running this shindig wants everyone to use their best judgement and behave responsibly.
    And when possible support our charitable partner too.

#972 5 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

As plans finally start falling into place for me as far as lodging and transportation, it looks like I might actually be making the trip Thursday night, which would make for a Friday morning unload since I'm not sure when I'd leave Thursday night. As I'm figuring out all the little details, I've got a couple questions:
    I know load in ends at 7pm on Thursday, but will there be people there to let vehicles in after that time and then up until a certain time?
    Will there be paid security of some sort that night for the vehicles and folks that are there Thursday night?
    Just trying to figure out if it'd be safer to leave my van there with the pins in it at the show Thursday night rather than at my brother's in-laws.

Yes there will be people there after 7pm

No security Thursday night but plenty of people already camping.

#992 5 years ago

So it beginsIMG_20180516_095644488 (resized).jpgIMG_20180516_095644488 (resized).jpg

We got the keys and emptied the trailer from our TV appearances yesterday.

#995 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Was gonna attach cup holders to my pins, but it sounds like drinks are discouraged in the hall, so I'll leave them at home.

Yeah, heavily discouraged

#998 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Just got goosebumps, Friday cant get here soon enough! 3 down 297+ more to go!

You can't see all of them, there are actually 8 machines there. 3 are still new in box

#1010 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Actually, this one is more like this:

I'm sexy and I know it. Look at this body!

#1044 5 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Packed and ready to go, I get off of work at 8:00 AM and should be there by 10:30 AM. Looking forward to hanging out all weekend with Y'all.

Wow this is dedication!

#1259 5 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Does anyone have the official count of how many games were there?
    pinwiztom earlier stated he counted 310 on Sunday, which is the number I heard Sunday afternoon.
    The GSPF website "bring your games" page now shows a whopping 364 games.

364 includes games that were signed up but did not arrive. I think pinwiztom is close.

#1272 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I never bothered to count any of the pins at the RV campground
    (I did count the 5 pins in the lucky juju trailer)
    and when i arrived Sunday AM, A SingAlong was being rolled out the door having been sold
    and It looked like there might have been maybe a dozen other that were probably gone with owners
    who could not stick around for rest of show on Sunday, so willing to bet there was at least up to 325 pins at some point during the show.

That's a really good point. I love the informal pinball show that has sprung up around the pinball festival

#1281 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

What a great show and fine group of people. This is how a show should be run, IMHO.
    Thanks to all the people that made it possible! Mike & Vala

Thank you Mike, it was great meeting you. Thanks for installing the remote kits in my GB and GotG!

#1331 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

Grey Wolf also helped me out a TON when I realized I forgot to put locks on the front of my games. I got them all set up on the floor on Thursday and realized I totally didn't lock them up. He graciously gave me a couple of his older locks and was seriously a lifesaver. I wanted to buy him a couple beers but I never ran into him again throughout the show. GW, if you're reading this, you're accruing beer-interest for next year's event!

Grey Wolf is a great guy. We are fortunate to have him and the other great techs at the show.

#1340 5 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Not just any old rare... post #1, time to buy a lottery ticket!

5 years and first post. Lurker of the year!

#1346 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

Excellent venue. My son and I played so much pinball my hands hurt by Monday. My son made his first official "want list" of games...I think we can officially call this show a success.
    The top of his list? Freaking Black Hole. Now I have to learn Gottlieb. Whoever brought that game, you have no idea the can of worms...

Pretty sure that black hole was for sale. I can get you in touch with the owner

#1356 5 years ago

and 2 Time Fantasys. Who thought that would ever happen?

#1359 5 years ago

yeah mine plays sweet and the BGResto BG in it looks extra sweet

#1370 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy1:

Is the FRONTIER playfield with water damage still available for sale?
    I'm very interested to buy it.
    Please send me a PM if you have it for sale.
    Thanks for looking!
    Robert

I think that was Ralph from LA.

2 months later
    #1402 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

will there be another show at Dixon in Sept??Hope its not the same weekend as the volunteer get together at the Flipper Room in Concord!!C U all there!!!!

PaGG is scheduled for Oct 12-14. You can find details here: https://www.pin-a-go-go.org/

We would never schedule a show event to conflict with another local show. Every pinball show is a good thing for the community.

The GSPF volunteer party is September 8th.

#1405 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Dang! I knew GSPF was a hit and that check proves it!
    I only wish that there was a way to find out how many days until 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival....

Wouldn't he post this in the Official 2019 thread?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.