(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 29.
    #701 5 years ago

Someone invite CCG so they can reveal game #3 here.

#702 5 years ago

So happy to say I am coming to this show and its actually my first pinball event ever. Very stoked to hopefully meet most of you and have a few questions.

What time do I need to arrive on Friday to realistically have a shot at playing in the tournament? Getting there at 1 seems a little early to me but I dont want to miss out.

Are there any pinsiders dinners/parties/gettogethers/trustfall groups thingamabobs happening? Anyways if you see me at the show please say hello or tackle me or something ok not the tackle thing.

So yeah Friday and all day Saturday and have coverage at work blessing of my wife to "go have fun, you deserve it" and even bringing my little brother to the show.

Just booked my room in Lodi!!!

-Will

#703 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

So happy to say I am coming to this show and its actually my first pinball event ever. Very stoked to hopefully meet most of you and have a few questions.
    What time do I need to arrive on Friday to realistically have a shot at playing in the tournament? Getting there at 1 seems a little early to me but I dont want to miss out.
    Are there any pinsiders dinners/parties/gettogethers/trustfall groups thingamabobs happening? Anyways if you see me at the show please say hello or tackle me or something ok not the tackle thing.
    So yeah Friday and all day Saturday and have coverage at work blessing of my wife to "go have fun, you deserve it" and even bringing my little brother to the show.
    -Will

Maybe a friend going earlier can by your tournament entry? Flippn' Friday Kick Off Dinner, plenty of tasty treats and drinks at the concession. Lots of info here: gspf.org

#704 5 years ago

A big shoutout to Max for putting us over 250 games signed up!

#705 5 years ago

Friday at Pinball University! Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho a pirates life for me!

And the "Future of Pinball," a 'fireside chat'

With a lifetime in pinball - from operator and repairman, through distribution and sales, to manufacturer and brand ambassador - Jack Guarnieri knows the rough and tumble of the coin-op business inside and out like nobody else. Jack teams up with Butch Peel to present his company's up-coming release, the lavish and feature-packed Pirates of the Caribbean pinball, before joining Pinball News Editor-in-Chief Martin Ayub in a fireside chat to give his insights into the pinball business, how it has changed over the years, where it stands now, and what kind of future pinball can look forward to. Q & A to follow.

*all speakers subject to change*

#706 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

-Will

Just look around for us and say hi. Looking forward to welcoming you to your first show.

#707 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

There is no too early. Well unless you get shanghai’d into helping unload games like I always seem to, then yeah, you arrived too early.

#708 5 years ago

Yo Sparky ! There IS bbq this year no?

#709 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Are there any pinsiders dinners/parties/gettogethers/trustfall groups thingamabobs happening?

Come by the campground...I'll have an em set up just for gambling/drinking/competing, and the camp looks to be hoppin' this year. Come by for a beer or three. I think somebody around here has a pic of me from last year so you'll recognize me

#710 5 years ago

Will(Starbase) i will be around all week thurs-sunday i would love to have a cold beverage with you. I always have cold coors light or a soda/waters my bros/sis from solano pinball group are always around the rv area or playing pins. Its truly the best event in the world.
    Harley D.

#711 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Come by the campground...I'll have an em set up just for gambling/drinking/competing, and the camp looks to be hoppin' this year. Come by for a beer or three. I think somebody around here has a pic of me from last year so you'll recognize me

Can't wait.

Uber is gonna be my best friend.

#712 5 years ago

16 days until Showtime!

#713 5 years ago

Hello,Starbase,I'll be roving sequrity fri afternoon,and Sat.afternoon,if U C me say,High,Hawk!!Don't be fooled cause I look like a old man,20 something inside

#714 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yo sparky ! There IS bbq this year no?

Yes. I sold my trailer, so I will be hosting at JJ's trailer this year. Details coming soon.

#715 5 years ago

Super excited for this! Still not sure if I can bring a pin right now, but this is always my favorite show!

#716 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Yes. I sold my trailer, so I will be hosting at JJ's trailer this year. Details coming soon.

JJ rented a trailer? What a guy

#717 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

JJ rented a trailer? What a guy

Yes. Flying in from Denver, picking up a trailer in Lodi, taking it to Lodi

#718 5 years ago

2fitty2! 16 days. I'm giddy.
    Yo @Cheddar! How do I change Skill Pool to Expressway on the list? My neighbor started waving money in my face and done bought Skill Pool. Said it brought him back to being 12 again. Do I add Expressway and tell you to delete Skill Pool (like I just did)? Or could you just drop in and modify the Gdoc?

#719 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

2fitty2! 16 days. I'm giddy.
    Yo Cheddar! How do I change Skill Pool to Expressway on the list? My neighbor started waving money in my face and done bought Skill Pool. Said it brought him back to being 12 again. Do I add Expressway and tell you to delete Skill Pool (like I just did)? Or could you just drop in and modify the Gdoc?

Nope I'll just change it for you

#720 5 years ago

I just added Paragon to the list of games

#721 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Nope I'll just change it for you

Beauty! That's service! Thanks.

#722 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Yes. Flying in from Denver, picking up a trailer in Lodi, taking it to Lodi

Hopefully he rented this one

inside-bus-pic-1 (resized).jpginside-bus-pic-1 (resized).jpg

#723 5 years ago

Sunday at Pinball University! Spooky goes west!

Since it's their first time on the west coast, they'll discuss the start of Spooky Pinball and how they went from America's Most Haunted to Total Nuclear Annihilation & Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle in 5 short years. Might we see some new games at the show? Yes, we might! There will be an autograph session after the presentation.

Charlie Emery quit a job of 21 years in the print industry to start Spooky Pinball LLC (with Kayte Emery). He does everything from game design to artwork prep & printing, laser cutting, and daily operations of the shop. He also has been the co-host of the Spooky Pinball Podcast for the last 8 years (hosted by their son, Bug).

#724 5 years ago

I just added my name to the volunteer list. Friday and Saturday late afternoon/evening wristband checker.
    There are still spots available for people willing to give a good cause a helping hand.

#726 5 years ago

Hey Gold Ballers, I have a line on a new TNA to be delivered to the show. If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks

#727 5 years ago

Just to confirm, which night will Jack/JJP be speaking? above it sounded like Friday, but the site says Sat night @ 5pm.

#728 5 years ago

Tickets not available to purchase online?

#729 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Tickets not available to purchase online?

No, never have been.

You can buy tickets to the Flippin' Friday Kick-off Dinner online if you like.

FlippinFridayDinner (resized).jpgFlippinFridayDinner (resized).jpg

this is the link from the image: https://paypal.me/pools/c/83rBPauLla

#730 5 years ago

We still need volunteers for the show. This is an easy way to earn free entry! Plenty of good spots are still available.

Please signup to help here: http://signup.com/go/KapXtES

#731 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Just to confirm, which night will Jack/JJP be speaking? above it sounded like Friday, but the site says Sat night @ 5pm.

You are correct, website is 100% correct and we will get FB updated asap to reflect that the JJP talk is on Saturday. Thanks for pointing this out!

#732 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Friday at Pinball University! Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho a pirates life for me!
    With a lifetime in pinball - from operator and repairman, through distribution and sales, to manufacturer and brand ambassador - Jack Guarnieri knows the rough and tumble of the coin-op business inside and out like nobody else. Jack teams up with Butch Peel to present his company's up-coming release, the lavish and feature-packed Pirates of the Caribbean pinball, before joining Pinball News Editor-in-Chief Martin Ayub in a fireside chat to give his insights into the pinball business, how it has changed over the years, where it stands now, and what kind of future pinball can look forward to. Q & A to follow.

Edit, the jjp fireside chat is Saturday not Friday.
    Carry on.

#733 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Saturday at Pinball University! Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho a pirates life for me!

#734 5 years ago

IMG_5878 (resized).JPGIMG_5878 (resized).JPG

#735 5 years ago

15 days until Showtime!!!!!!!!!!!

#736 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We still need volunteers for the show. This is an easy way to earn free entry! Plenty of good spots are still available.
    Please signup to help here: http://signup.com/go/KapXtES

Just signed up for security on Saturday.

If anyone picks up and drops a pin, I'm gonna recommend the death penalty.

#737 5 years ago

Good plan. Arrive early. Get the best parking spot.

#738 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Late night Future Spa last year was a major highlight.

#739 5 years ago

Saturday at Pinball University! A Colorful Career with Greg Freres!
    Greg Freres reflects on a 40 year career in the pinball business and discusses his beginnings in the industry, his influences in both art and pinball design, the evolution he’s seen in both the aesthetic and technical sides of producing art and behind-the-scenes anecdotes from the pinball design business. Greg will also be signing autographs (translites, back glasses, etc) at the end of his session.
    Greg Freres has been part of the pinball and coin-op industry for 40 years beginning in 1978 at Bally Manufacturing. He’s currently working as the Art Director at Stern Pinball, Inc. since 2012, but his artwork and design influence can be seen on over 40 pinball games including (just to name a few) Fathom, Scared Stiff, Medieval Madness, Revenge From Mars, Dr. Dude, Whoa Nellie! and Wizard of OZ. “I never planned on making games for a living, but it sure beats a regular job!”

#740 5 years ago

Need a Who dunnit on the list. I don't have one....

#741 5 years ago

Holy smokes, 255 games and counting!

Even if that's where it ended it'd be a great showing, but I feel like we're gonna blast through 300 on that Friday!

#742 5 years ago

Is there a link for the 3D STL files for the GSPF pinball leg cup? Thanks

#743 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Sunday at Pinball University! Spooky goes west!
    Since it's their first time on the west coast, they'll discuss the start of Spooky Pinball and how they went from America's Most Haunted to Total Nuclear Annihilation & Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle in 5 short years. Might we see some new games at the show? Yes, we might! There will be an autograph session after the presentation.
    Charlie Emery quit a job of 21 years in the print industry to start Spooky Pinball LLC (with Kayte Emery). He does everything from game design to artwork prep & printing, laser cutting, and daily operations of the shop. He also has been the co-host of the Spooky Pinball Podcast for the last 8 years (hosted by their son, Bug).

It sounds to me like I need to somehow do Sunday too.

#744 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

It sounds to me like I need to somehow do Sunday too.

We'll have plenty of RVs nearby if you need to rest in a quiet place and save your energy for Sunday

#745 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We'll have plenty of RVs nearby if you need to rest in a quiet place and save your energy for Sunday

Thanks my fiancée got us a room in Stockton somewhere. With a balcony so I can smoke my medical marijuana easily.

My original plan was to be there on Saturday only. Now I can't see a reason why working it out to be there Sunday too.

The spookie info looks like information I would like to see.

#746 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Thanks my fiancée got us a room in Stockton somewhere. With a balcony so I can smoke my medical marijuana easily.
    My original plan was to be there on Saturday only. Now I can't see a reason why working it out to be there Sunday too.
    The spookie info looks like information I would like to see.

Ein BlazenFlipperung!

#747 5 years ago

I would love to see someone bring a monster bash as well as Guns n roses and Totan.

#748 5 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I would love to see someone bring a monster bash as well as Guns n roses and Totan.

this ^

#749 5 years ago

I’d love to see someone bring a Metallica, AC/DC and a Fish Tales!

#750 5 years ago

Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Anthony of Pinball Classics will be at the festival this year and not only will he be sellin' parts, fixin' games and solderin' like a fool, he will hold a silent auction of a new TOTAL NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION pinball machine by Spooky Pinball in memory of his boy Taro. All profits from the auction will go to TARO'S LEGACY FUND which will benefit charity Service Dog Organizations that help people in need. If he's got time, Rob will install one of his purchased anyPin NVRAM to a board of a game that is on location for play at this year's festival, at no charge.

IMG_5882 (resized).PNGIMG_5882 (resized).PNG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.