(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

No 80 traffic mess??? Yes please!

Seconded!

Quoted from Out-West:

Might also add the RV park filled early this year and was the first time I have seen campers against the fence on the main road. Time for more RV room and pinball room. Can't wait to see new location.

No doubt, Rainbow Trout! I was one of them!

Quoted from Sparky:

"Flippy-Doo-Doo Pinball Show,"

This. Maybe a slight change to Flippy-Doodle, which sounds like an old woodrail title.
    So we would have Pin-a-Lo-Di Flippy Doodle (Fest).

Quoted from Sparky:

and it really wouldn't matter. The current organizers have saved this show, and people will attend Lodi because it's more about the people.

And this. Thanks Sparky.

Already jonesin' for the show.

Quoted from Cheddar:

Saturday got a little "wet". So much so that it peaked early and was quiet that night.

I noticed that. That keg and tiki bar @ the bbq put knots in a few heads.

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Is it to early to commit to a keg again? =)

Umm...duh.

8 months later
    #332 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

is there a buy sell thread started yet?

Was just about to ask this. I gotta coupla things that might make the trip if anybody is innarested... And always looking for trades.

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

displays all working from my fathom

How much for the 6 digit for ball in play and credits?

1 week later
    #345 6 years ago

The Camping Link on the GSPF web page doesn't give me any info about the new place. Anybody know how I might make a reservation?
    Already giddy...

4 weeks later
    #480 5 years ago

Way in...Thursday through Sunday. Also rolling a sweet van... tho TG be rolling mostest sweetest in the van dept. I do believe this is the year i bring a machine just for the campground. Camp Silver Ball gonna be the place to be!

TG how many games you gonna grace us with this year? Please tell me that beauty SoF is making the trip. And Radical. And...

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Thinking SoF, RADICAL and AMH.

Perrrrrrrrfect!

#487 5 years ago

Already 90+ games on the list!

Ok... Picking games to bring. Figure I got room for four, plus a project Triple Action for trade/sell bait. Thinking I wanna put Oh Boy in the campground for betting purposes (bring your Sacajawea dollars for laying on the glass - Pinballlew gave me a little Sac Holder just for that purpose). That leaves three slots. I got five semi convention ready...
    Title Fight
    Fireball 2
    Expressway
    Space Mission
    Skill Pool

hmmm

#496 5 years ago

Gonna go sign up Title Fight, Expressway, Skill Pool...

"That's a ballbuster!"

#504 5 years ago

Decided to go with Fireball 2, Skill Pool, and Title Fight. All signed up!
    117 machines so far Daddios.

#505 5 years ago

The games list is up to page three... 121 and rising!

#509 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

What web site??? Where is the volunteer sign up at,please????

Relax there, Johnny! He just said that, as a previous volunteer, you're gonna get emailed before anyone else daddio.
    Go take your meds and play some pinball!
    Can't wait to party witchu... Bring yer skate: There's a skatepark a mile or two away.

#511 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

To make it up to you I'll let you in on a little treat we are making up for the show. Big Thanks to Dito Milian for helping me with the model on these. This one hasn't been cleaned up yet so it will look even better when I'm done. These will come with a matching bracket to attach it to the leg bolts on your machine

See? I knowed they were gonna take care of bidness! Are those bad boiz gonna come in different colors? What's our price point? They look pretty beauty.

#519 5 years ago

127. Thanks @kerry_richard! He just signed up five!
    Todd: Cannot wait to play that Radical!
    @MRART2U: We gonna see that Punk again this year?

#529 5 years ago

Somebody's already signed up a Frontier! Yo Art, punks need nature too!
    Little Chief?

#531 5 years ago

135 games. C'mon people, game up!
    44 days. C'mon time, hurry up!

#538 5 years ago

139. And PPM hasn't even represented yet.

#540 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Three or four of our biggest collectors haven't even registered their games yet, the flood gates will open soon and its gonna be awesome!!! (yes I am channeling my best mrgone impersonation)

That's what I'm saying! I'm predicting 300+ this year!
    Still looking for somebody to sign up a Viking. Skol! And a Heavy Metal Meltdown. (Anybody got one for sale?)
    Hey PPM: How about a few non-Gottlieb woodrails... mebbe a Balls a Poppin or a Circus?

#546 5 years ago

Oh yeah! I just found an Excalibur! Picking it up next week, and it should be ready for GSPF. I will add it to the list once it is show-ready. It came with an NOS spare playfield that I will be selling.

#548 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Surprised a viking hasn't been signed up. I know of one. Need to.put on the pressure

Got juked at CAX last year; they stole Viking out from under me right off the floor on Saturday morning and put it into the tourney!

#560 5 years ago

Viking has just been added to the list!

Yesssss!

#561 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I'd propose any game used for tournaments has a double.

I like that idea! I hate seeing machines cordoned off...

#565 5 years ago

154 machines signed up.
    35 days.

C'mon people now, smile on yer (pinball) brother, everybody get together... and bring some games to the show!

#566 5 years ago

So who here has camping reservations?
    I think the camp will be the place to be for those between pinball times...
    I am there Thursday thru Sunday.

#578 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Look for the yert.

The campground gon' be raw kin!

#596 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Be doing roving security at that hour

"Rove" out to the campground now and then, and I'm sure you'll find a party Friday night...

#600 5 years ago

The game list has kinda stalled at 158. While I realize there are some whales who have yet to commit, and that there will be many more games signed up at the last minute, but still... I just wanna make a pitch to the rest of you.

Two games makes you a total VIP, baby. Free entry, free breakfast, extra time playing without the unwashed masses around, a chance to strut around with your lanyard saying "I brought games," a front row seat to watch the whole thing come together, the warm fuzzies from knowing you helped make this happen. Hello? It's a no-brainer.

Bring your working trade-bait. People get all sporty and want to go home with something different. Bring something to make a deal with.

Bring something to show off and share. That's one of the biggest sources of the warm fuzzies benefit. Just watching people line up for your machine, or having them thank you for bringing it because they'd "never played (seen) one of those before."

Look at the list and see if you ain't got a couple machines that aren't there. Wax 'em up, rubber 'em up, and head for Lodi!

Ok, I'm done now.

#623 5 years ago

I have the empty extra head for Oh Boy. I'll bring that. We don't need no stinking wedgeheads.

#626 5 years ago

One replaced transistor away from signing up Excalibur...

#630 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Open to requests

Little Chief and/or Lucky Seven please.

#648 5 years ago

Wait? 25 days? How'd that happen? I best my trailer reserved.

#653 5 years ago

Looks like JJ has pledged a Hobbit, a DI and a Pirates. And I am really looking forward to playing @pinheadpierre's Moulin Rouge and San Francisco. I am still kicking mice elf for not picking up a Moulin Rouge when I had the chance a few years ago. Great game! And SF is a GREAT head to head competition/drinking/gambling game. I used to have one awhile back. And I am sure these two will be super shweet!

Mo' games! Mo games!

22 daze!

#670 5 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Added 5 more pins to the Game List

#686 5 years ago

225! Larry Z and Brad G have pledged a whole herd of games. Thank you! We are not worthy.
    Less than 3 short weeks baby.

#708 5 years ago

Yo Sparky ! There IS bbq this year no?

#709 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Are there any pinsiders dinners/parties/gettogethers/trustfall groups thingamabobs happening?

Come by the campground...I'll have an em set up just for gambling/drinking/competing, and the camp looks to be hoppin' this year. Come by for a beer or three. I think somebody around here has a pic of me from last year so you'll recognize me

#718 5 years ago

2fitty2! 16 days. I'm giddy.
    Yo @Cheddar! How do I change Skill Pool to Expressway on the list? My neighbor started waving money in my face and done bought Skill Pool. Said it brought him back to being 12 again. Do I add Expressway and tell you to delete Skill Pool (like I just did)? Or could you just drop in and modify the Gdoc?

#721 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Nope I'll just change it for you

Beauty! That's service! Thanks.

#767 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

From all the shows I’ve attended you guys normally have the best and most useful vendors. By far.

Looks like you've been proven correct.

#777 5 years ago

OP Pop Pop Please!

#781 5 years ago

The Saturday SparkyQ is now official! Don't forget to bring those side dishes and desserts! And look at the numbers he's talking about. A dozen deviled eggs will last like 30 seconds. A bag of chips? Really?

#840 5 years ago

Yo Cheddar ! Hate to bug you again this close, but Fireball 2 (the game not the person -lol) has been experiencing an intermittent issue I can't seem to track down at this late moment. But I DID manage to get Excalibur up and running to replace it. So could you swap out FB2 for Excalibur?

And then I had an idea (I know, scary). I looked at the list and there ain't no Genies, and mine plays purty nice. So what if we replaced Expressway with Genie, and I went for a Gottlieb SS run: System 1 Genie, System 80b Excalibur, System 3 Title Fight?

Whatchu think? Genie's a widebody, but she ain't upstairs like Expressway and FB2, so I win on moving them too.

Sorry to make you mess with the list so late, but I'm pretty stoked about this idea.

#841 5 years ago

In other GSPF news: Aaron ( Apinplayer ) has joined me in bringing an extra machine for our GSPF Campcade. Seth has set it up so Aaron and I are next to each other, and we'll have a nice little setup for campers and those who want to chill with a cold beverage or two. We also MIGHT have that Foxy Lady that hawkmoon bought, if Eric can get it up there. I'll be bringing an Oh Boy 2-player em and Aaron... well let's just say that Aaron will be bringing something that ends in Pro.

Just one more thing to look forward to...

#851 5 years ago

Yo bicyclenut Dave! Are you there all weekend?

#852 5 years ago

For those of you who were watching the Lou Ferrigno thread (now locked) and waiting for news... He texted me an hour before I was supposed to be there and said he had a family emergency in Santa Monica, and rescheduled for two weeks from now.

#866 5 years ago

we are gonna have an epic Gottlieb lineup

Spirit, Devil's Dare, Eclipse, Excalibur, TX Sector, Genie, Title Fight, Robo-War, Counterforce, Timeline, Black Hole.
    Yeah, Baby.

#887 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I signed them up for you

'Member to swap out Expressway and FB2 for Genie and Excalibur for me, please.
    Thank you very much.
    Two machines loaded up, two to go.
    That Excalibur is playing nice!

#890 5 years ago

Yesss! Another Gottlieb Tall One for the line up: Car Hop!

#892 5 years ago

Skateball! Skateball! Skateball! Please!!!

#922 5 years ago
    Quoted from fanofpinball:

if someone can add Skateball

Can't wait to play that bad boy!

#930 5 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

On my way bitches!!!!!

Right On!

#945 5 years ago

The kids are state testing this week, and I am doing a lot of sitting on my butt at school, so I am haunting this thread (and the Lou Ferrigno one- lol) for a distraction. Taking Thursday and Friday off for the show, but today and tomorrow are looking looooong.

#946 5 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Did you count the three TNAs, ACNC and P3 that will be in my booth?

What? Yeah baby!

#976 5 years ago

Remember, Aaron and I will have a campcade going and it's also a barcade. Also jj will have his hospitality trailer going too, and I'm sure there will be puh-lenty of places in the campground for to have a beverage or two.

#991 5 years ago

I'll take the Budapest one!

#1007 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Pinball shows in CA look like this.

Actually, this one is more like this:

1b43fc10408f23c39cc8cde12e5fff3c8dba6445 (resized).jpg1b43fc10408f23c39cc8cde12e5fff3c8dba6445 (resized).jpg

#1012 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm sexy and I know it. Look at this body!

"I'm too sexy for my shirt..."

#1020 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

very "Kushy" welcome will await you IF you can find me!

Johnny, you so sly

#1021 5 years ago

now to start prepping for the grand opening of Camp Silverball tomorrow!

Nice rig! I should be rollin' in 'bout 3ish tomorrow, if all goes according to plan.

#1094 5 years ago

Last night in the campground.

IMG_20180517_221502_119 (resized).jpgIMG_20180517_221502_119 (resized).jpg

#1152 5 years ago

Things were getting serious around here.

IMG_20180519_223318 (resized).jpgIMG_20180519_223318 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180518_185835 (resized).jpgIMG_20180518_185835 (resized).jpg

#1159 5 years ago

TX Sector rulez!

#1201 5 years ago

Got back home about 10pm. There wasn't any way I was gonna unload 7 machines by mice elf last night. Took today off so's I can do it leisurely, because I am still tattered. The show was the BEST EVAR. Lots of machines, lots of opportunities to play, killer swap meet, and of course the people... and the campground. Oh baby, it was a great time out there. We are definitely going to take it up a notch next year. I think more money went over the glass in gambling on Oh Boy in camp than I paid JimmyB for the machine! Aaron's Star Wars Pro was getting jealous of all the attention. The late night tourney was a kick to watch, and it was just groovy cruising camp and hanging with people.

I was going to do some name-checking here, but the list is too long and I would have trouble remembering all the actual names... But there were a lot of people I met for the first time in person that I will definitely be hanging out with again next year, if not sooner.

Still trying to think of a name for the campcade/hangout... Mebbe The Decompression Chamber? There seemed to be a lot of that.

Wotta time. Steve, I have your money! I found mine!

I MUST HAVE A TX-SECTOR!

#1203 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Thanks to the famous Mr. Hotdog man fireball2 (who was featured in the Lodi paper no less) for everything.

BEA AHBECK/NEWS-SENTINEL Mark Coward, of San Luis Obispo, sporting a hotdog hat, gives pointers to Darren Ensley, of San Francisco, right, as he plays the Excalibur pinball machine during the first day of the Golden State Pinball Festival at the Lodi Grape Festival grounds in Lodi Friday, May 18, 2018.

9ebfb50394623b05365fbd9665b22bcdce90b965 (resized).jpg9ebfb50394623b05365fbd9665b22bcdce90b965 (resized).jpg

#1205 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

It makes the countless hours I spent bringing that machine back from the dead as a doornail bare grooved wood roach that it was all the more worthwhile.

That sucker was BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL! Way killer. Better than it looked when it was new!

#1215 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Might have been my favorite game at the show this year. I kinda wanted one before and now REALLY want one

Get in line Cowboy!

#1348 5 years ago
    Quoted from mindorbit:

that little video link you posted just happens to be my grandson! Perfect and what a coincidence.

Wow! Hope it's ok that I posted it here... He was just so animated and having sooo much fun!

#1351 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

It was a huge difference being on the contributing side and much more rewarding in the end.

This! In a big way. The whole show feels different when you have games on the floor. It's the only way to roll, IMHO.

Quoted from 72Devilz:

I found myself checking in on my 3 machines like a worried parent who just dropped off their child for their first day of preschool but this afforded me time to engage with the public as I would ask them if the machines were performing well, if they were having a good time and if they had any questions.

This also! People are so surprised that "someone" owns these things, and the sheer stokedness of everyone give you all kinds of warm fuzzies.

#1367 5 years ago

I am glad you guys had fun at the campcade; just wait until you see what Aaron and I have planned for next year! We had a blast hosting!

I finally got three of my machines back up. Title Fight got 517 plays! Excalibur got 301. I couldn't set replay score low enough to keep credits on him, and he only holds 20, and I was constantly reupping, but I couldn't always keep up, so I know he woulda got more. I'll have that issue remedied next year. I forgot to check Genie's numbers before I left, but she seemed to be somewhere between the two.

What A Show!

2 months later
    #1397 5 years ago

Totes Cray Cray! Great job, great show!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=fireball2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.