(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 29.
    #451 6 years ago

Are you guys already out of RV spots? I tried to reserve one today, and the form doesn't work.

#452 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Are you guys already out of RV spots? I tried to reserve one today, and the form doesn't work.

I have been told it's still in beta testing and should be up and running soon.
    Keep checking back for updates and please be patient with the organizers. They have a lot to do in the next 58 days. See you there.

#453 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

This is my bad, I had no idea how much everyone checked the website LOL. We are prepping everything to open up reservations soon and getting content on the website was step 1. We broke the link until we had our payment system ironed out and could start processing reservations officially. Look for an update across all social media platforms soon!

#454 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

This is my bad, I had no idea how much everyone checked the website LOL. We are prepping everything to open up reservations soon and getting content on the website was step 1. We broke the link until we had our payment system ironed out and could start processing reservations officially. Look for an update across all social media platforms soon!

Ok, I am glad I didn't miss my chance to reserve a spot.

#455 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Maybe an obvious question, but any word yet on how many games Spooky may be bringing?

A little bird told me Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle will be at the show!

#456 6 years ago

Hey pinheads, just a reminder of some of the awesome things that will be happening at The Golden State Pinball Festival.

The adults and kids tournaments,
    Pinball university, plenty of R.V. And camp sites,
    The covered swap meet area, the raffle and silent auction.
    Beer and wine, Great new food vendors.
    Pinball parts and goodies vendors, and of course, PINBALL!!!!!!! plus more very special surprises that will be announced in the coming days. Stay tuned pinheads. It's going to blow your mind.

#457 5 years ago

57Daze away today,57daze away!Take one away,and what do U say??Fiftysevendazeawaytoday!!!!

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

57Daze away today,57daze away!Take one away,and what do U say??Fiftysevendazeawaytoday!!!!

I'll drink to that.

#459 5 years ago

Just a reminder that the games list is up and running. It's easier than ever before.
    There is more room for games than ever before. In years past we have had around 270 games. At the new location in Lodi we will be able to accommodate that easily.
    The goal this year, brink a Ton of games.
    See you there.

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Pinball university, plenty of R.V. And camp sites,

Camp sites?
    The Lodi Grape Festival website says no tent camping. Will there be tent spaces available?
    I have no RV, but would willing to rent a spot for my tent.

#461 5 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Camp sites?
    The Lodi Grape Festival website says no tent camping. Will there be tent spaces available?
    I have no RV, but would willing to rent a spot for my tent.

You can tent camp at the Golden State Pinball Festival. Check the website, www.goldenstatepinball.org
    Click on camp silverball. Read through the FAQ.
    My family will be camping there. Come by and say hi.

#462 5 years ago

When the reservation system opens up (coming soon!!!) there will be an option to select a tent site.

Cheers,
    Seth

#463 5 years ago

As someone with a little “behind the scenes” knowledge let me tell you that when someone says coming soon it’s not because they are waiting until the last minute, or figuring it out, it’s because they are rigorously testing a system and getting out all the bugs and making things go as smoothly and easily as possible. The amount of effort and work is tremendous. They want this first show at the new location to be perfect and are working in overdrive to make that happen.

#464 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

As someone with a little “behind the scenes” knowledge let me tell you that when someone says coming soon it’s not because they are waiting until the last minute, or figuring it out, it’s because they are rigorously testing a system and getting out all the bugs and making things go as smoothly and easily as possible. The amount of effort and work is tremendous. They want this first show at the new location to be perfect and are working in overdrive to make that happen.

Yup, what steve said. The organizers and the volunteers are working round the clock to insure you all have the best show ever.

#465 5 years ago

38 trailer sites...get that F5 key ready to refresh to register for a site when reservations open. This is going to be like scoring a ticket to San Diego Comic Con!

[keeps checking http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/ for reservations to open haha]

#466 5 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

38 trailer sites...get that F5 key ready to refresh to register for a site when reservations open. This is going to be like scoring a ticket to San Diego Comic Con!
    [keeps checking http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/ for reservations to open haha]

Hoping there are spots for everyone as there are an additional 10 hookup sites as compared to our old location. Plus we have a few dedicated tent sites too.

#467 5 years ago

Hoping there are spots for everyone as there are an additional 10 hookup sites as compared to our old location. Plus we have a few dedicated tent sites too.

What is the anticipated hour/day/week this might be opened up for reservations?

#468 5 years ago

GET THAT SPOT SPARKY! I don't know where we'd hang out otherwise.

#469 5 years ago

Lolly's, lollys,lolly's get your adverbs here.

#470 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

What is the anticipated hour/day/week this might be opened up for reservations?

I'm hoping they have a super secret, "Special Reservation" link for Sparky.

#471 5 years ago

I vote that Sparky be given a permanent primo spot in trailer hookup land!

#472 5 years ago

56 days and counting.

#473 5 years ago

RV and Tent camping site reservations at Camp Silverball are now live!

Grab your RV and your friends and head on over to our website and read all about our exciting new online reservation system for the official campground of the Golden State Pinball Festival, Camp Silverball!

We have 38 beautiful sites available for reservation. Water and electric hookups are included and there is an onsite dump station. Reservations do require a non-refundable, full payment upfront but do include an early bird savings. See our website for all the details and answers to most questions. Reserve today to lock in your site before they are all gone!

The Golden State Pinball Festival is being held in Lodi CA May 18 - 20. More information is available at http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/

Many questions can be answered there, so please read through before asking them here!

RV2014 (resized).jpgRV2014 (resized).jpg

#474 5 years ago

Nice, reservations are starting to come in!

#475 5 years ago

Get them while they are hot! See you all there.
    When at silverball village look for the yert.

#476 5 years ago

Friday & Saturday night reservations made. See you guys there!

99BF4228-6CB0-49FE-9470-F5805EB4727B (resized).jpeg99BF4228-6CB0-49FE-9470-F5805EB4727B (resized).jpeg

#477 5 years ago

I can feel this is going to be a good year

#478 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I can feel this is going to be a good year

It will be a good year if you are coming and bringing that sweet van.

#479 5 years ago

Oh you know it

#480 5 years ago

Way in...Thursday through Sunday. Also rolling a sweet van... tho TG be rolling mostest sweetest in the van dept. I do believe this is the year i bring a machine just for the campground. Camp Silver Ball gonna be the place to be!

TG how many games you gonna grace us with this year? Please tell me that beauty SoF is making the trip. And Radical. And...

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Way in...Thursday through Sunday. Also rolling a sweet van... tho TG be rolling mostest sweetest in the van dept. I do believe this is the year i bring a machine just for the campground. Camp Silver Ball gonna be the place to be!
    TG how many games you gonna grace us with this year? Please tell me that beauty SoF is making the trip. And Radical. And...

That's rad Mark!

Thinking I'll bring just a couple this year in a small Uhaul trailer. Thinking SoF, RADICAL and AMH.
    It was easier to bring the whole collection to CAX since it's in my backyard and I had a free truck.

Getting excited!

#482 5 years ago

Now that you guys have campsites all booked, it's a great time to go sign up your machines over at http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/

Don't forget one of the great perks for those that are bringing games. When you purchase anyPin NVRAM battery eliminator from Rob Anthony (@borygard) at LockWhenLit.com, he will install it for free! Your game just has to be onsite at the show for the public to play. Many thanks to Rob for being such a great supporter of the show!

#483 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

That's rad Mark!
    Thinking I'll bring just a couple this year in a small Uhaul trailer. Thinking SoF, RADICAL and AMH.
    It was easier to bring the whole collection to CAX since it's in my backyard and I had a free truck.
    Getting excited!

Man moving that many games couldn’t have been easy, but thanks again for doing it. It really made Ca X. Fun last year! See you at Golden State.

#484 5 years ago

Now that you guys have campsites all booked, it's a great time to go sign up your machines over at http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/
    Don't forget one of the great perks for those that are bringing games. When you purchase anyPin NVRAM battery eliminator from Rob Anthony (borygard) at LockWhenLit.com, he will install it for free! Your game just has to be onsite at the show for the public to play. Many thanks to Rob for being such a great supporter of the show!

Rob is the best! I dropped off my whirlwind board to him and he had it back in 20 minutes to put in the game.

#485 5 years ago

Well gang, you must all really love camping! Lots of requests flooded in today but we have been busy at GSPF HQ and have processed all of them.

Good news is we still have some RV sites left! Bad news, is we are now out of tent-only sites

Will keep ya posted as things progress!

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Thinking SoF, RADICAL and AMH.

Perrrrrrrrfect!

#487 5 years ago

Already 90+ games on the list!

Ok... Picking games to bring. Figure I got room for four, plus a project Triple Action for trade/sell bait. Thinking I wanna put Oh Boy in the campground for betting purposes (bring your Sacajawea dollars for laying on the glass - Pinballlew gave me a little Sac Holder just for that purpose). That leaves three slots. I got five semi convention ready...
    Title Fight
    Fireball 2
    Expressway
    Space Mission
    Skill Pool

hmmm

#488 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Already 90+ games on the list!
    Ok... Picking games to bring. Figure I got room for four, plus a project Triple Action for trade/sell bait. Thinking I wanna put Oh Boy in the campground for betting purposes (bring your Sacajawea dollars for laying on the glass - Pinballlew gave me a little Sac Holder just for that purpose). That leaves three slots. I got five semi convention ready...
    Title Fight
    Fireball 2
    Expressway
    Space Mission
    Skill Pool
    hmmm

Title Fight has my vote for one of the three.

#489 5 years ago

Fireball II
    And expressway.

#490 5 years ago

Oh, 55 days until magic time!

#491 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Man moving that many games couldn’t have been easy, but thanks again for doing it. It really made Ca X. Fun last year! See you at Golden State.

My pleasure buddy! Your initials are still on them, btw. See you in Lodi!

#492 5 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball will be here for the first time. We are taking preorders for Escalera Stair Climbing Hand Trucks. Call us, order yours now and I will have it at the show for you to pick up. Show special is that you save on shipping. All models available as we will custom build them for you.

[email protected]
    847-778-4876

#493 5 years ago

Flash!!!!!!

With a big THANK YOU! To the CCPL, Capital corridor pinball league.

I am happy to announce that Alice Cooper's nightmare castle will be at the Golden State Pinball Festival. See you all there.

#494 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Flash!!!!!!
    With a big THANK YOU! To the CCPL, Capital corridor pinball league.
    I am happy to announce that Alice Cooper's nightmare castle will be at the Golden State Pinball Festival. See you all there.

Thanks for this news! It will be nice to check it out in person!

#495 5 years ago

Sign up your games people! If you happen to be on Facebook, and you happen to follow the show there, and you happen to like the idea of winning an official show poster then have I got good news for you!

Head over there and find the post with this picture and check in that you have games signed up! That’s all you need to do! Even if you signed games up on day one your elligible, just check in over on Facebook at that post.

C6693A50-0224-4B54-BCFC-EF3FA63D253B (resized).jpegC6693A50-0224-4B54-BCFC-EF3FA63D253B (resized).jpeg

#496 5 years ago

Gonna go sign up Title Fight, Expressway, Skill Pool...

"That's a ballbuster!"

#497 5 years ago

Someone order an Iron Maiden from Marco so we can have one at the show

#498 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Someone order an Iron Maiden from Marco so we can have one at the show

I’ll be your huckleberry

#499 5 years ago

As mentioned earlier, we are very excited to have a Spooky Pinball Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle at our show. Having one ready in time was only made possible due to the hard work of the Spooky team, so big shout out to Charlie and all the folks back at the Spooky factory. And if getting one through production in time for our show wasn't hard enough, we also really appreciate Rob Anthony of Pinball Classics for working hard to coordinate and ensure that it makes it from the factory to the show. Without their effort, we wouldn't be the one of the first shows (if not the very first show) to have a production Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle to share!

#500 5 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

As mentioned earlier, we are very excited to have a Spooky Pinball Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle at our show. Having one ready in time was only made possible due to the hard work of the Spooky team, so big shout out to Charlie and all the folks back at the Spooky factory. And if getting one through production in time for our show wasn't hard enough, we also really appreciate Rob Anthony of Pinball Classics for working hard to coordinate and ensure that it makes it from the factory to the show. Without their effort, we wouldn't be the one of the first shows (if not the very first show) to have a production Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle to share!

Rob is the absolute best guy ever. Thanks to him and GSPF crew for pulling this off!

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.