(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

Like everybody else, I was taken aback when I saw the banner that said this was the last PAGG in Dixon. However, the more people "in the know" that I talked to along with seeing the positive changes coming next year (you had me at "beer" and super close hotels) the more relieved I was.

I'm not a big fan of change, but I'm really looking forward to next year in Lodi.

3 weeks later
    #105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I'm just happy the building has true A/C. Everything else is a bonus.

Don't forget....A/C and Beer!

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

Honestly, I couldn't play as much pinball if I drank beer during the day. I am more about the end of day beer on the tailgate. I love beer, but I am all about pinball at PAGG (or GSPF).

Yep.... I have the "5 o'clock rule" with drinking beer. I'm always jealous of friends who can drink in the afternoon.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Even on Holidays and Weekends?
    or Super Bowl Sunday?

Yeah....If I have a few beers in the afternoon, I'm zoned out on the couch by 6, especially when food is involved.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't want to piss my life away but I can't wait for 333 days to click off!

Well, we're only a month away from CAX.

7 months later
    #309 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Best Western on the west side of town (roughly 15 min drive from show) still has rooms available at around $150 a night. Check their site out here: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.05645.html
    I just checked in with Hampton Inn in Lodi, which is real close to show, but their prices are really high now. Over $200 a night.

Yikes.....thanks for the heads up!

You're right; Hampton Inn is ridiculous. I just booked a room from them though and justified the price in my mind because 1) I only travel to two pinball shows a year and 2) The proximity to GSPF.

Even with my Honor members discount, final cost for two days was $523. For a Hampton. In Lodi. Oof.

Here's hoping next year they offer a special GSPF discount.

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I'm just glad you will be there Man.

Wouldn't miss it.....Can't wait to see you, Spencer!

3 weeks later
    #349 6 years ago

The show is right before my birthday, so the night prior, I'm treating myself to a VIP Weird Al Experience! Awesome seat, meet & greet, photos of us, autograph, Weird Al wristwatch, framed set list, pre show Weird Al Jeopardy game show and much more. No hits! No parody songs! The back of the T-shirt says it all!

28335891_10155913929386005_5604648813878402241_o (resized).jpg28335891_10155913929386005_5604648813878402241_o (resized).jpg
    28379741_10155902583436005_3156416585423480747_n (resized).jpg28379741_10155902583436005_3156416585423480747_n (resized).jpg

#350 6 years ago

Sorry....double post.

#352 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Jackson Park Express is one of my favorite WAY songs. He'll probably lay that one although he isn't coming close enough for me.to go see him. I am taking my 16yo daughter to see Depeche Mode on the 24th.

I just played "One More Minute" for my wife. In spite of herself, she cracked up.

#353 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Jackson Park Express is one of my favorite WAY songs. He'll probably lay that one although he isn't coming close enough for me.to go see him. I am taking my 16yo daughter to see Depeche Mode on the 24th.

Thumbs up for both Jackson Park Express and Depeche Mode....you've raised your daughter well.

#358 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

We are going to the Weird Al show too! Didn't spring for the VIP stuff this time, but we did it for the Mandatory Fun show and it was awesome. We were front row and when Al came down into the crowd he got all up in my wife's business, it was hilarious!

How cool! I've been a fan since his college radio station show on KCPR in San Luis Obispo. (It was on after Dr. Demento) Seen him several times but this feels kinda special.

#371 6 years ago

I'm not too familiar with Lodi.... anyone know the availability of Uber in the area?

Even though I'm staying pretty close to the venue, I plan on showing my appreciation to Lodi Beer Co by being a regular customer throughout the weekend. (I know; very magnanimous of me, but it's the least I can do.)

#374 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I'll see what I can find out

Thank you!

#389 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

So where are you guys seeing him? Turlock on Friday, Oakland on Saturday, or Napa on Sunday? I see Turlock is not yet sold out, and I live 10 mins from Turlock, but DAMN! I'll be in Lodi that night!

I'm seeing him in Monterey on Thursday....checking in to my room in Lodi the next day.

1 month later
    #646 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Oh man. The CAX stinkers. Don't remind me. So many stinkers and slimy joysticks there. Still a fun show. Best to hang on the pinball side.

I swear I wasn't gonna chime in, but this post made me.

I've seen and smelled pretty much the worst things you could ever think of in my career, but for some reason, what sends me dry heavin' is bad B.O.

The last CAX, I had to step outside a couple of times to refresh. Not saying that it was the Pin guys or the Vid guys but I guess what I'm trying to say is it was definitely the Vid guys.

1 week later
    #711 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Come by the campground...I'll have an em set up just for gambling/drinking/competing, and the camp looks to be hoppin' this year. Come by for a beer or three. I think somebody around here has a pic of me from last year so you'll recognize me

Can't wait.

Uber is gonna be my best friend.

#736 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We still need volunteers for the show. This is an easy way to earn free entry! Plenty of good spots are still available.
    Please signup to help here: http://signup.com/go/KapXtES

Just signed up for security on Saturday.

If anyone picks up and drops a pin, I'm gonna recommend the death penalty.

1 week later
    #863 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Hope i find someone to help me smoke all this weed I am bringing

2266943 (resized).jpg2266943 (resized).jpg

#865 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Well i guess its too late to edit that out of my post, ty pismo.
    Seems I may be popular all of the sudden.

I'll be the annoying old guy that keeps asking you if you've ever run into Jerry or Bobby.

#900 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

A reminder about the bbq...
    We could use 2 or 3 more pop up shades. Bring them by anytime before 11am on Saturday.
    We could use some help in the am setting up pop ups, tables, and chairs. I will be there to start the grills around 11am. I'm running a few errands in the morning.
    Please remember, a side dish will usually only serve about 15-20 people, depending on what it is, so please consider bringing one. Costco is only 7 minutes away.
    Also, feel free to introduce yourself as you come through the line. I started this bbq 11 years ago to get to know more people in the pinball community. I apologize in advance if we've met but I can't remember your name. It's the curse of being a teacher for 20 years!

I'll do better than last year. Like a dope, I brought a bunch of cupcakes, totally forgetting about the amazing cake that comes out during the BBQ. Yeah, I was one of those guys.

This year, I'm bringing chips!

#915 5 years ago

For those that may have missed this thread, a terrific story about the Cyclone that will be at GSPF this weekend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-pays-to-have-friends-looking-out-for-you#post-4396987

#928 5 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

On my way bitches!!!!!

Virginia???!!!

You should win a "Who came the furthest" prize!

#958 5 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Lodi Beer Company is an official sponsor and food vendor at GSPF. Unofficial answer is most likely common courtesy, "Don't put a drink on someone's game."
    From the official Camp Silverball email, "All food / alcohol must be kept within your campsite - we cannot allow outside food / alcohol into the main show areas."

So for clarification, if we buy a beer we have to take it to the camp area, even if we're not camping there?

Not complaining....just asking.

#961 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Don’t quote me but from my understanding there will be a “beer garden” with beer for sale from the Lodi beer company and to be drank in said designated area. No drinks around the games, these are brought by people like you and me and we can’t risk someone’s game being damaged by some butterfingered clod.

Thanks, Steve....That makes sense.

#970 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How about drinking out of the back of your truck in the parking lot, or bringing outside beer into the beer garden?

I'm liking the idea of drinking beer out of the back of your truck, a la PAGG, but I'd feel guilty drinking beer that I brought in the same vicinity of Lodi Beer Company, that I assume pays for their space.

But please don't go by me...I feel guilty about most everything.

#1018 5 years ago

As someone who has attended multiple PAGG, PPE, and CAX expos, I don't think I've ever been more excited to attend a show.

The change in venue is a breath of fresh air.

Weird Al tomorrow, followed by a weekend of playing pinball with my friends. There is no place that I'd rather be.

#1088 5 years ago

.....and the perfect weekend just started out really "weird."

32729020_1673633672724118_4464016186568343552_n (resized).jpg32729020_1673633672724118_4464016186568343552_n (resized).jpg

#1096 5 years ago

SO JEALOUS! did you get the watch too? You need to post in the Lou Ferrigno thread how it went

Yeah...and a few other goodies to that I'll show you this weekend.

Next stop....Pin-a-Lo-Di!

32845675_1674064049347747_7142140527138308096_n (resized).jpg32845675_1674064049347747_7142140527138308096_n (resized).jpg

#1106 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

HAHAHA! you make me laugh....still holding out for it to be called this huh?

Nah...I stole this from Fireball2

#1114 5 years ago

Thanks to Lodi Beer Co for the tasty suds.

0161C7AC-5E20-4960-A510-A089323FE460 (resized).jpeg0161C7AC-5E20-4960-A510-A089323FE460 (resized).jpeg

#1148 5 years ago

I'm gonna call it now with yet another day to go.

Best pinball expo I've ever attended.

Well done everyone, especially Mr. Gone.

#1168 5 years ago

I sadly can’t come back today like I hoped. Everyone be sure to have some extra fun for me. I didn’t see PismoArcade nearly enough this year!

I know.... I'm bummed! I wanted to attend the BBQ, but my volunteer shift was over at 12:45 and I still hadn't gone to town for food. I ended up going back to my hotel for a quick siesta.

#1266 5 years ago

I dunno...If the main issues are hand blowers and water, then I'm gonna say that the inaugural show was a total success.

#1268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I think I paid a dollar for a 3 ounce bottle of water. After that, I had to walk to Burger King to get water.

A big "nope"....The bottles of water were a generous 16 oz for a buck. Perhaps you were "distracted".

#1271 5 years ago

Didn't know about that...My apologies.

3 weeks later
    #1384 5 years ago

If you're a Yelper and want to show some love to this amazing venue, I encourage you to leave a review.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/lodi-grape-festival-and-harvest-fair-lodi

1 month later
    #1398 5 years ago

Dang! I knew GSPF was a hit and that check proves it!

I only wish that there was a way to find out how many days until 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival....

#1404 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

That’s easy. It is always scheduled the weekend after Mother's Day. Spencer (aka mrgone) will count down the days. So you don’t have to worry about that. Very excited about GSPF 2019. Congrats on all the money raised for World of Wonder Science Museum. It was a collective effort from all the awesome pinheads, the best people ever!

Yeah....I know. I was just goofing around in hopes that we'd get an update from Spencer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.