(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.
    #551 5 years ago

Have to admit that I haven't done much pinballin', let alone Pinsidein', since December. Now that this show is nearly upon us, I'm definitely feeling that excitement again! I really, truly can't wait!

BTW, I absolutely love the poster/artwork design. It's so good on so many levels, even with the minor FT reference.

#552 5 years ago

38 days!

#554 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

What time do the tournaments start Friday? I’m volunteering and want to make sure I arrange my time appropriately

Go check out our webpage we have dedicated to all tournament related questions:
    http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament/

Short answer is the Friday tee time is 8pm.

#555 5 years ago

Looking for a TZ in the Auburn/Roseville/Sacramento area... any for sale locally or will there be any at the Golden State Pinball Festival? Thanks!

#556 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Got juked at CAX last year; they stole Viking out from under me right off the floor on Saturday morning and put it into the tourney!

Viking has just been added to the list!

#557 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

they stole Viking out from under me right off the floor on Saturday morning and put it into the tourney!

Horrible.

I'd propose any game used for tournaments has a double.

Mof

#558 5 years ago

shameless plug coming up..Apologies..I ripped this picture off the ukpinfest2018 thread.

Even though Kill Bill will make its Public debut at Golden State Pinball, this venue will be first european after that in August .

Seen on the flyer is the “Black Mamba”..

Our trusty Whitewood built up to accommodate and engineer /fine tune all the prototype features Dennis had thought up for his latest masterpiece of programming . Then just after starting the PF artwork, I suggested in June 2017 to change the layout,a little..right, kind of. I’d weld some new wireforms, extra lock, new pf holes,scoops, ramps diversions, shot-shifts, etc, and why not a huge 28” lcd while at it.. Sorry Dennis
    Turns out just because you can, doesnt mean you need to make it.. but was well worth it in the end. Our new motto while working KB has become, “ stop starting and start finishing”
    And Dennis’ re-programming/editing.., oh man.. what a jewel in his crown this is .. simply superb!

Its taken us close to a full year since to reprogramme/unbugg/engineer/paint/print/machine/cut/illustrate/ all parts together into what we both feel is now a superb playing and professional looking game.

Its been a mega task, the last month of assembly coming up to presentation is here, and looking good for the finish line in May.

Hope you enjoy playing the game at Golden State Pinball

Chrs , Dennis & Geert

299CCFC2-DA94-4092-8CBC-F5FDAA2D2908.jpeg299CCFC2-DA94-4092-8CBC-F5FDAA2D2908.jpeg

#559 5 years ago

Some off the latest parts to be finalized..

For looks , real gold leaf was added to the plastic set..

D82FF690-E798-45FF-8411-7C8A6678DA2C.jpegD82FF690-E798-45FF-8411-7C8A6678DA2C.jpeg

CA29199F-1834-44B3-8EFB-48D822602830.jpegCA29199F-1834-44B3-8EFB-48D822602830.jpeg

C3A63066-DFA2-4B16-BDD0-628C4933D193.jpegC3A63066-DFA2-4B16-BDD0-628C4933D193.jpeg

E6EDCE60-1D68-40E2-AB6C-04013E64A162.jpegE6EDCE60-1D68-40E2-AB6C-04013E64A162.jpeg

#560 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Viking has just been added to the list!

Yesssss!

#561 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I'd propose any game used for tournaments has a double.

I like that idea! I hate seeing machines cordoned off...

#562 5 years ago
    Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hope you enjoy playing the game at Golden State Pinball

Chrs , Dennis & Geert

Congrats on new game! Thank you for bringing it to show.

#563 5 years ago
    Quoted from steigerpijp:

For looks , real gold leaf was added to the plastic set..

Wish I could upvote these twice !

#564 5 years ago

Kill Bill looks amazing! I cannot wait to see this in all its glory

#565 5 years ago

154 machines signed up.
    35 days.

C'mon people now, smile on yer (pinball) brother, everybody get together... and bring some games to the show!

#566 5 years ago

So who here has camping reservations?
    I think the camp will be the place to be for those between pinball times...
    I am there Thursday thru Sunday.

#567 5 years ago

Anybody bringing any Dialed In's? It'd be nice if there were more than one there this year. I'd really like to put some good time on it.

#568 5 years ago

FLASH!!!!!
    The flippin Friday kick off dinner has been officially announced on the official Golden State Pinball Festival website.

It's Friday night at 6pm
    At the Golden State Pinball Festival grounds.

It will have an amazing dinner with beer,wine,and soft drinks.

There will also be the presentation of the first Steve Charland Spirit award.

It's going to be an amazing event with Great food, friends old and new, and honoring Steve Charland.
    Tickets are limited to 50 people so go to the official website and get yours before they are gone. See you there in 33 days.!

Www.goldenstatepinball.org

#569 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

It's Friday night at 6pm

How long do you anticipate the dinner and ceremony to take?
    2hrs? 3hrs?

#570 5 years ago

Last day to preorder your Escalera for delivery to the show. PM me with your needs.

[email protected]

#571 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

How long do you anticipate the dinner and ceremony to take?
    2hrs? 3hrs?

I would guess probably around 90 minutes.
    The dinner will be served, there will be the presentation of the Steve Charland Spirit award. Some thank you's and Shout outs to all the wonderful people that make the show possible.
    We eat,drink, and chat. Then back to pinball.
    The nice part is the dinner will take place at the show. And the caterer is going to prepare the most amazing food.
    The big plus is we will be remembering a wonderful human and honoring his memory.
    Steve Charland. So, it's a win! Everyone will want to be a part of this historic event.

#572 5 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Have to admit that I haven't done much pinballin', let alone Pinsidein', since December

I hear ya. Man I haven't seen or heard from you in awhile and we live less than a mile apart. Hope all is good. Unfortunately, Im probably not going to be able to make the show this year.

#573 5 years ago

Looking for a Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street if someone has one locally, or willing to haul to GSPF. Will pay with shiny coins

#574 5 years ago

FLASH!!!!!
    Pinball University is not to be missed.
    What is Pinball University?

It's like school except awesome!!!
    Many pinlebrities will be there to give you info, insight, and education on all aspects of pinball
    . Art, Science,History,Electronics,repair and restoration. Even pinball economics. So Don't be a square daddy-O! Be at the coolest school ever. It's going to be beyond epic!
    For full info see the official website at
    Www.goldenstatepinball.org

#575 5 years ago

32 Days until Showtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, really. Only 32 Days until Showtime!

See you there. Look for the yert.

#576 5 years ago

And I was about to ask how many more days!

#577 5 years ago

Just got the confirmation that I'll be able to come visit from Dallas! My uncle lives in Lodi and was an arcade tech in a previous life. He's supposedly busting out his trailer for me to stay in the campgrounds, but let me check and make sure he made the reservation. I'm looking forward to attending my first pinball show outside of Texas. My plan is to be there Saturday & Sunday (and maybe Friday night) after breezing through Maker Faire in San Mateo.

As for games, I'll hafta see if "Wylie 1-Flip" can come with me as possibly an amusement for the camp (and to appear at the Intel Zero-Day Party before Google I/O). Otherwise it'll be hard for me to take a full-size game back & forth on the plane.

#578 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Look for the yert.

The campground gon' be raw kin!

#579 5 years ago

We always have good tunes, ice cold beverages and good peeps in the rv area.
    Harley D.

#580 5 years ago

The Flipper Room will have a booth at the show with a host of pinball art, framing, TFR merch, and... our Alien pinball machine for y'all to enjoy.

#581 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

The Flipper Room will have a booth at the show with a host of pinball art, framing, TFR merch, and... our Alien pinball machine for y'all to enjoy.

I need you to frame my dirty Donny V8 Interceptor limited edition!

#583 5 years ago

Damn, 32 days! How the hell that go so fast?

#584 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Damn, 32 days! How the hell that go so fast?

A complete blur. I’m flabbergasted at how time flew this last year.

Miguel351 it will be good seeing you again! We all have to drop off the radar from time to time. Hope all has been well.

#585 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I need you to frame my dirty Donny V8 Interceptor limited edition!

I would love to help you with that! You could either bring it to the show (but you wont really have many options) or better yet, make a trip to The Flipper Room where all the frame options are are AND you can play pinball. That's how you kill two birds with one stone.

Also, we will have lots of Dirty Donny art at the booth. Both prints and originals. Framed and unframed.

#586 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

I would love to help you with that! You could either bring it to the show (but you wont really have many options) or better yet, make a trip to The Flipper Room where all the frame options are are AND you can play pinball. That's how you kill two birds with one stone.
    Also, we will have lots of Dirty Donny art at the booth. Both prints and originals. Framed and unframed.

Do you guys make backlit frames for backglasses?

#587 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Do you guys make backlit frames for backglasses?

Here is one we recently did for a fellow pinsider. It's not the type you can change out the glass. But it has RGB LED's, fake digital displays, and a remote.

IMG_20180316_1545298 (resized).jpgIMG_20180316_1545298 (resized).jpg

#588 5 years ago

IMG_20180316_1557162 (resized).jpgIMG_20180316_1557162 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180316_1540101 (resized).jpgIMG_20180316_1540101 (resized).jpg

#590 5 years ago

We are at T-30 days and counting.

Woo Hoo!

It's getting close.

#591 5 years ago

Spent some time this morning arranging shipment details for some of the amazing NiB sterns and spookys we'll have at the show.

#592 5 years ago

Well,looks like I miss the party Fri.Nite,I'll Be doing roving security at that hour

#593 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,looks like I miss the party Fri.Nite,I'll Be doing roving security at that hour

Schedule is still wide open if you want to change. We do appreciate our volunteers that take the night shifts though.

You can hang out with me, I'll be on duty too

#594 5 years ago

Any word if color dmd will be at our show?

#595 5 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

it will be good seeing you again! We all have to drop off the radar from time to time. Hope all has been well.

Most definitely! Yeah it's nice to take a break every once in a while to recharge your love of your hobbies. You guys bringing any games?

#596 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Be doing roving security at that hour

"Rove" out to the campground now and then, and I'm sure you'll find a party Friday night...

#597 5 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Most definitely! Yeah it's nice to take a break every once in a while to recharge your love of your hobbies. You guys bringing any games?

Right now planning on TZ, Jungle Lord and 8-ball (last two hoping to sell and make room). Might also bring AS (considering selling as there are a couple classics were watching for - FT for Kathy & WW for me) - would need the space and money if those were found.

I don’t see myself taking WOZ this year as moving both TZ and WOZ at once by myself was back breaking.

I am approaching it smarter this time though by taking Wednesday through monday off that way I’m not in so much of a rush.

#598 5 years ago

whats the cut off date or order glass? i know it was posted and cant find it.

#599 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

whats the cut off date or order glass? i know it was posted and cant find it.

Website says the 22nd, also where you need to go to drop an email saying how many pieces you want

#600 5 years ago

The game list has kinda stalled at 158. While I realize there are some whales who have yet to commit, and that there will be many more games signed up at the last minute, but still... I just wanna make a pitch to the rest of you.

Two games makes you a total VIP, baby. Free entry, free breakfast, extra time playing without the unwashed masses around, a chance to strut around with your lanyard saying "I brought games," a front row seat to watch the whole thing come together, the warm fuzzies from knowing you helped make this happen. Hello? It's a no-brainer.

Bring your working trade-bait. People get all sporty and want to go home with something different. Bring something to make a deal with.

Bring something to show off and share. That's one of the biggest sources of the warm fuzzies benefit. Just watching people line up for your machine, or having them thank you for bringing it because they'd "never played (seen) one of those before."

Look at the list and see if you ain't got a couple machines that aren't there. Wax 'em up, rubber 'em up, and head for Lodi!

Ok, I'm done now.

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.