(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Open up the RV reservations!!!!
    Out of curiosity, when the RV reservations do open up, will specific sitess be able to be chosen and reserved, or will it be like a general admission ticket, and you pick the spot when you roll into the campground?

We are still recovering from this year's show and will need a little time to plot out some of these great questions. We will pass along details as soon as we know.

1 month later
    #157 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Will the volunteer signup be the same way its been???

Yep! The show is simply changing venues. The folks behind the show and the infrastructure that makes this such a great event will still be there.

7 months later
    #308 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

I didn't read this whole thread. The Smith family from Boise is coming.
    Any news on room deals? It looks like the Holiday Inn is booked on some of the nights.
    Dwayne

Best Western on the west side of town (roughly 15 min drive from show) still has rooms available at around $150 a night. Check their site out here: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.05645.html

I just checked in with Hampton Inn in Lodi, which is real close to show, but their prices are really high now. Over $200 a night.

#310 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yikes.....thanks for the heads up!
    You're right; Hampton Inn is ridiculous. I just booked a room from them though and justified the price in my mind because 1) I only travel to two pinball shows a year and 2) The proximity to GSPF.
    Even with my Honor members discount, final cost for two days was $523. For a Hampton. In Lodi. Oof.
    Here's hoping next year they offer a special GSPF discount.

Yeah I called and chatted with their sales manager a few times. They very much wanted to work with us but didn't have the capacity at the time (another function going on that weekend). Will keep working on building relationships with all the main hotels and get more group rates as our reputation builds.

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

machines to be registered?

I can speak to the call for games, we target mid March for our big push for games. That's when we turn on the sign up link and start the email and phone campaigns. Stay tuned!

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I understand there will also be another venue at Dixon,same time?

No, not at the same time. The Dixon show will be later in the year, during the fall.

#328 6 years ago

Hey Gang,

Just an update on hotel space, I checked yesterday and we still have rooms under our group rate at the local Holiday Inn (while they last). The critical bit is that you put in a group code of "PIN" to see our locked in rate.

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
    1337 E Kettleman Lane
    Lodi, CA 95240
    209-210-0150
    Group code: PIN (must mention when making reservation).
    Minimum 2 night stay, $159 night.

Cheers!

2 weeks later
    #357 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Hey pinheads, just a reminder about the new and greatly improved swap meet area at golden state pinball festival.
    That's right, the swap meet area is covered,
    Like a really big rv parking area. So your wares will stay dry and in the shade.
    Another added bonus is there is power there. 110 outlets everywhere so if you have a project game you want to plug in you can.
    So if you have parts to sell, or trade, or you are looking for a part, the swap meet on Saturday will be a must.
    See you there.

We should have plenty of seating and picnic tables nearby to hang out and enjoy the festive atmosphere!

1 week later
    #423 6 years ago

Marcos is not only a proud sponsor of the show, they will also be a vendor.

#439 6 years ago

Greetings fellow pinheads!

Yes, it's that time of year again!!! Golden State Pinball Festival (GSPF) is gearing up and we need you, your enthusiasm, and your games! Are you ready to share the joy of the silver ball and help raise money for our amazing partner, the World of Wonders Science Museum? Here at GSPF HQ things are really starting to heat up and we are ready for you to start signing your machines up! The sign up form is up and ready to go, just head on over to the URL below and follow the instructions:

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/

Just like in prior years, you can earn a free weekend pass, sweet lanyard, Saturday breakfast and so much more by simply bringing two fully working games. Keep in mind these two simple rules when bringing games in exchange for a free weekend pass:
    - Games must be in working condition!
    - Games need to remain on the premises for play until Sunday after 5pm.

Games can be setup in Lodi on Thursday, May 17th, from 9:00 AM until 7:00 PM and Friday, May 19th, from 8:00 AM until noon. Keep in mind the new location in Lodi:

Lodi Grape Festival grounds
    413 E. Lockeford Street
    Lodi, California 95240

Show opens 1:00 PM on Friday. We encourage you to leave your games until show closing at 5:00 PM on Sunday, May 20th. Games can be removed after this time and also on Monday morning, May 21st, from the main hall. If you have to take a game out early we understand but please let us know during check-in so we can plan accordingly.

Many thanks from all of us at the Golden State Pinball Festival!

#453 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Are you guys already out of RV spots? I tried to reserve one today, and the form doesn't work.

This is my bad, I had no idea how much everyone checked the website LOL. We are prepping everything to open up reservations soon and getting content on the website was step 1. We broke the link until we had our payment system ironed out and could start processing reservations officially. Look for an update across all social media platforms soon!

#462 6 years ago

When the reservation system opens up (coming soon!!!) there will be an option to select a tent site.

Cheers,
    Seth

#466 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

38 trailer sites...get that F5 key ready to refresh to register for a site when reservations open. This is going to be like scoring a ticket to San Diego Comic Con!
    [keeps checking http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/ for reservations to open haha]

Hoping there are spots for everyone as there are an additional 10 hookup sites as compared to our old location. Plus we have a few dedicated tent sites too.

#474 6 years ago

Nice, reservations are starting to come in!

#482 6 years ago

Now that you guys have campsites all booked, it's a great time to go sign up your machines over at http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/

Don't forget one of the great perks for those that are bringing games. When you purchase anyPin NVRAM battery eliminator from Rob Anthony (@borygard) at LockWhenLit.com, he will install it for free! Your game just has to be onsite at the show for the public to play. Many thanks to Rob for being such a great supporter of the show!

#488 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Already 90+ games on the list!
    Ok... Picking games to bring. Figure I got room for four, plus a project Triple Action for trade/sell bait. Thinking I wanna put Oh Boy in the campground for betting purposes (bring your Sacajawea dollars for laying on the glass - Pinballlew gave me a little Sac Holder just for that purpose). That leaves three slots. I got five semi convention ready...
    Title Fight
    Fireball 2
    Expressway
    Space Mission
    Skill Pool
    hmmm

Title Fight has my vote for one of the three.

1 week later
    #526 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

We brought Punk for the Steve Charland Sys80 lineup. Not sure what we should bring this year. We like to fit the theme so maybe Fish Tales and ??? I’m open to suggestions.

While I don't think there is such a thing as too many Fish Tales, there are already two signed up. We need a Frontier or maybe something like a Klondike. Hmmm what others go with the theme...

OR we go for the worlds largest gathering of Fish Tales!

#539 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

139. And PPM hasn't even represented yet.

Three or four of our biggest collectors haven't even registered their games yet, the flood gates will open soon and its gonna be awesome!!! (yes I am channeling my best mrgone impersonation)

#554 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

What time do the tournaments start Friday? I’m volunteering and want to make sure I arrange my time appropriately

Go check out our webpage we have dedicated to all tournament related questions:
    http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament/

Short answer is the Friday tee time is 8pm.

#556 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Got juked at CAX last year; they stole Viking out from under me right off the floor on Saturday morning and put it into the tourney!

Viking has just been added to the list!

1 week later
    #609 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm bringing 2 pins for the first time. What's the early entry time on Friday?

The early entry is 9am on Saturday. Folks that bring pins get in an hour before the show officially opens (10am that day). No early hours on Friday or Sunday.

Cheers,
    Seth

1 week later
    #669 5 years ago

Soooo let's recap some of the kewl new titles now on the list...

Now signed up:
    - JJP PotC
    - JJP Dialed In
    - JJP The Hobbit
    - Spooky Alice Cooper
    - Spooky TNA
    - Stern Iron Maiden
    - Stern GotG
    - Stern Star Wars
    - Heighway Alien
    - Dutch The Big Lebowski

#671 5 years ago

Ericpinballfan any chance you will be bringing your Houdini?

#675 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seth, I havent forgotten you or my Lodi friends.
    Actually working hard on it all week, kept seeing your email in my gmail, another call to AP.
    Im one of a small handful of beta testers amd got another box of parts this week, also beta testing code.
    Long story short , its coming down to which distributor may, or may not come. Either way, myself and American Pinball are trying to get a game to Lodi. I mean, im really hounding them.
    Also might get a couple AP guys to fly out to show.
    Sorry for the delay on confirmation, but I should have more news come Monday or Tuesday.
    Trying to make the magic happen, get one more set of rules and code update, and make sure machine has new shaker motor.

#680 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wasnt there something about "Kill Bill" pin?

Yeah, I was listing the ones that are purchasable LOL

#698 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well just sayin.....

If you guys aren't announcing this year, that's cool. Just something else to look forward to

HA, busted cheddar! Looks like he forgot some of our past shenanigans.

#731 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Just to confirm, which night will Jack/JJP be speaking? above it sounded like Friday, but the site says Sat night @ 5pm.

You are correct, website is 100% correct and we will get FB updated asap to reflect that the JJP talk is on Saturday. Thanks for pointing this out!

1 week later
    #825 5 years ago

An email will be headed out this weekend to all our Camp Silverball guests confirming check-in and locations. Thanks!

Seth

#831 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would like a lanyard please.

The lanyards are one of our very special, exclusive gifts to our VIPs, the folks that bring games! Maybe you can find someone during your visit that is willing to give their's up?

#862 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yo cheddar ! Hate to bug you again this close, but Fireball 2 (the game not the person -lol) has been experiencing an intermittent issue I can't seem to track down at this late moment. But I DID manage to get Excalibur up and running to replace it. So could you swap out FB2 for Excalibur?
    And then I had an idea (I know, scary). I looked at the list and there ain't no Genies, and mine plays purty nice. So what if we replaced Expressway with Genie, and I went for a Gottlieb SS run: System 1 Genie, System 80b Excalibur, System 3 Title Fight?
    Whatchu think? Genie's a widebody, but she ain't upstairs like Expressway and FB2, so I win on moving them too.
    Sorry to make you mess with the list so late, but I'm pretty stoked about this idea.

Super stoked that you are bringing an Excalibur, we are gonna have an epic Gottlieb lineup when you drop that next to TX and RW!

#872 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Susi's 4 pins don't seem to be listed?

sign 'em up!!

#906 5 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Were we supposed to get an email this weekend about RV/Camp spots?

Yep, I should have something out tonight for all the folks that have reservations. Mother's Day plus some work travel kinda snuck up on me

Cheers,
    Seth

#949 5 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Did you count the three TNAs, ACNC and P3 that will be in my booth?
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

4 out of 5 of those machines are already on the list (under their owner's names or yours). Only one missing is the one you are raffling off! See ya in a few days!!

~Seth

#962 5 years ago

Hey gang, beer bought on site should be drunk within the designated beer garden area. Alcohol brought in by campers should remain within their campsite. No food or drink allowed in the building for the protection of the wonderful folks who bring games to our show.

Lots of new options this year, see ya in a few days!!

Cheers,
    Seth

#993 5 years ago
    Quoted from Apinplayer:

Another last minute question? Once we come through the RV check in gate will there be room to stage and get games into the hall before taking the RV's over to the camp site?

We will figure something out, depends on your setup and what not but there is a lot of room to maneuver.

#1015 5 years ago

Ok, trailer setup...now to start prepping for the grand opening of Camp Silverball tomorrow!

IMG_20180516_180702879 (resized).jpgIMG_20180516_180702879 (resized).jpg

#1039 5 years ago

Ok, finished getting everything ready for the grand opening of Camp Silverball tomorrow. Camp Host Jason will be on duty! Doors roll up at 9am, see ya in the morning!

#1227 5 years ago

What does Mr Gone always say??? Oh yeah!

NEWS FLASH!!!!
    We just finished a great conversation with Lodi Grape Festival folks (who are awesome) and they have now ordered new hand dryers for the restrooms! We have a lot more ideas as well that we will be working on for the future. This year was about making the big move, now we can focus on make improvements!

#1262 5 years ago

Definitely aware of the water situation and we will work on it. World of Wonders switched to smaller bottles part way thru the show, not sure why but that will definitely be addressed. There is a drinking fountain over in Jackson Hall where our seminars were held (right when you walk in), but agree it's not easy to spot.

#1287 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Next year maybe a vendor should donate cases of water to the show, maybe the show can put them on ice in some buckets throughout? I would be willing to donate 10 cases or so should do it =)
    JJ

Thanks JJ for your generosity! Yeah, several of us have ideas that we will begin brainstorming on and see what floats to the top. We will definitely throw your offer into the mix!

#1297 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Who brought the Last Action Hero game? It played so good.

That was @iamnan

#1298 5 years ago
    Quoted from cistearns:

Had an amazing time this year, the new location is great and looking forward to next year. Thanks to everyone that brought games and the techs that kept things running. Hopefully next year I can sort out transportation to bring a game or two.
    Since I didn't see this mentioned in prior comments, it would be nice if there were better designated smoking areas. As a non-smoker (well cigarettes at least ), with someone that is allergic, it was a bit of a bummer that it was hard to avoid outside.

Good point, will add it to our hot wash list of topics.

#1337 5 years ago

Dang, first Greg then Brad posts...unicorns popping up 'round here.

Definitely excited for next year, already started laying the ground work for bigger and better things to come. No time for pinlag, we are less then 12 months to our next show!

Thanks to all our VIPs (you folks who bring games) and thanks to all of our special guests that shared their stories and knowledge with all of us and finally thanks to the countless super volunteers who allow this show to function at the level it does.

We all continue to monitor this thread and the 2019 thread, so please continue to share and we promise to continue to learn and grow.

Cheers!
    Seth

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=pinballholder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.