JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.
#651 7 years ago

Pauly sighting alert.

#652 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't recall the old version, anything else changed besides the added building?

Looks like three 3D buildings, the computer screen on the left is now 3d instead of a plastic, and it looks like a flying car next to the pop bumpers on the right side. Pop bumper caps are different, too, I think.

#653 7 years ago

Can someone post a playfield picture please?

#654 7 years ago

Any vid of the topper...I saw a different version once that seemed larger and more colorful.

#656 7 years ago

Jetsons looks like it went through some advancements. Looking good.

#657 7 years ago

Good grief. Need some real pictures. Need some closeups. Make me want to buy this game.

#658 7 years ago
#659 7 years ago

Pulled this video from Facebook

#660 7 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

Pulled this video from Facebook
» YouTube video

Any call outs using the voices of the actors from the show or clips from the show?

#661 7 years ago

Probably a great game for little kids, too bad it's not using assets from the TV show or movie as jjp did with TH.

Looks like the modes involve spelling all the characters names.

#662 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Any call outs using the voices

All music was reorchestrated and new callouts done by voice actors

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

All music was reorchestrated and new callouts done by voice actors

No original callouts? George O'Hanlon's estate wasn't down for this?

#664 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

No original callouts? George O'Hanlon's estate wasn't down for this?

That would be a question for WB. I still think they sound really good.

#665 7 years ago

gameplay looks good as far as layout is concerned

#666 7 years ago

20170324_214959 (resized).jpg20170324_214959 (resized).jpg

20170324_215003 (resized).jpg20170324_215003 (resized).jpg

20170324_215007 (resized).jpg20170324_215007 (resized).jpg

20170324_215009 (resized).jpg20170324_215009 (resized).jpg

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Probably a great game for little kids, too bad it's not using assets from the TV show or movie as jjp did with TH.
Looks like the modes involve spelling all the characters names.

Yea looks to be on the level of what stern was trying to do with that new home version Spider-Man for 3500-4 k . How much are these gonna be again?

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea looks to be on the level of what stern was trying to do with that new home version Spider-Man for 3500-4 k . How much are these gonna be again?

I have to agree mostly but the spiderman has no coin door lol I think 6k is the price and i think it be better than the spiderman but depends on how it plays.

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I have to agree mostly but the spiderman has no coin door lol I think 6k is the price and i think it be better than the spiderman but depends on how it plays.

That's a lot of money.

It will be interesting to see how well this machine does.

#670 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

6k ? Plus shipping ? O my. I was really hoping the price got ajusted . Just dont seem like much there?

#671 7 years ago

Historically reflecting, at first glance, it's inspiration draws from Williams firsts this time around: High Speed and Cyclone.
Two great games... I think this pin will do well.

Some historical firsts from those two pins:
* 2 spinners on orbits that flow in both directions (no stop pins to block travel)
* ramp on left to feed right flipper
* scoop on left
-mof

#672 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Historically reflecting, at first glance, it's a hyrbid of High Speed and Cyclone. Two great games... I think this pin will do well.
-mof

Thats great but those pins are around 1k or 2k for super nice ones. Guess will see but so many awesome pins with a ton going on for around 4500-5 k. .

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Some historical firsts from those two pins:
* 2 spinners on orbits that flow in both directions (no stop pins to block travel)

lethal weapon had a spinner on each direction of orbit

#674 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats great but those pins are around 1k or 2k for super nice ones. Guess will see but so many awesome pins with a ton going on for around 4500-5 k. .

#675 7 years ago

Cool. I was talking historical firsts. (1986-7) It's just one of my things... Just saying -- take the LCD away, and this pin could have popped out of 1988. I see that as a good thing. 1 spoon-fed ramp instead of 2. Two Spinners instead of one or none. Only one stop-n-go scoop instead of two or three.

My honest wish is that some day Spooky will discover the 'bank of drop targets' -- popular in the 70s and 80s.

-mof

#676 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Cool. I was talking historical firsts. (1986-7) It's just one of my things... Just saying -- take the LCD away, and this pin could have popped out of 1988. I see that as a good thing. (1 spoon-fed ramp instead of 2). Two Spinners instead of one or none. Only one stop-n-go scoop instead of two or three.
My honest wish is that some day Spooky will discover the 'bank of drop targets' -- popular in the 70s and 80s.
-mof

Yes, drop targets are a most1 Think METEOR!!!!

#677 7 years ago

So the game looks nice. Reminds me of avatar with the one left ramp.

But for $500 more I can get an Attack from Mars. I think the company that contracted this to be built misjudged the market. I know it's "not for pinside" but I worry about the lower price boutique games coming out. How many new pins can the market absorb? Will any of these manufacturers go belly up?

#678 7 years ago

*shrug* I liked it lol

#679 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I know it's "not for pinside" but I worry about the lower price boutique games coming out. How many new pins can the market absorb? Will any of these manufacturers go belly up?

There's less than 1/3rd of these being made as there will be JUST of the "limited edition" AFM games. Think of them as pretty much already absorbed. I'll bet there are still unsold WWE machines when these are all gone.

#680 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Historically reflecting, at first glance, it's inspiration draws from Williams firsts this time around: High Speed and Cyclone.
Two great games... I think this pin will do well.

interesting point...great games = doing well is not what I'm thinking.
Cyclone is what it is/High Speed is one of the best machines ever made...neither would give new buyers a second glance I would think?

#681 7 years ago

The apron seems huge, they easily could have made the cabinet shorter

#682 7 years ago

I wouldn't assume these will sell out even 300 units is a lot for a subgroup of an already small pinball hobby these may be rare pins indeed.

I bet 90% of the world does not even know pinball machines are still being made (or care).

you have to find 300 people who satisfy *all* these characteristics

1) will spend $6300 (I'm adding shipping) on a pinball machine (more in other markets)
2) like The Jetsons (can't be that many people from above group)
3) are satisfied or prefer an empty layout or basic rules

likely 95% of pinballs trade hands at less than $6300 and the other 5% is fighting between the high end pins and premium or higher NIB pins and The Jetsons.

#683 7 years ago

Remember @rai, these aren't for Pinside. I'm sure they'll sell all 300 to non-pinheads.

#684 7 years ago

I will add the art looks very cool.

this will probably sell to people with very large collections who don't worry the price and would like to have a unique machine in their collection.

#685 7 years ago

Well at least the layout is better than Rob Zombie!

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Remember rai, these aren't for Pinside. I'm sure they'll sell all 300 to non-pinheads.

I',m sure *some* Insiders will buy.

I see, but do many non pinball enthusiasts own pinball machines?

I have met some that are not pinheads and they they have one pin like an old Getaway in their basement or an old EM that doesn't really work that they inherited from their dad. But I have yet to find anyone who is not into pinball who had bought a $6300 pin.

I was just saying from Pinside it would have to be the mega collector.

#687 7 years ago

Looks like a pinball machine I'd play.

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I see, but do many non pinball enthusiasts own pinball machines?

Half my collection was built from buying that one game out of a basement that someone bought new 20 years ago. There's plenty of demand for that "one game for the rumpus room".

#689 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Half my collection was built from buying that one game out of a basement that someone bought new 20 years ago. There's plenty of demand for that "one game for the rumpus room".

There was 20 years ago when 'that one game' was in the many hundreds of dollars.

As said above, might not be the case here at $6k+

#690 7 years ago

Nice catch , they fixed it now

Looks nice but seems bit dull at the same time will see how it plays and hold interest long term

Quoted from pinsanity:

"Orbity" insert needs a double t.

#691 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

There was 20 years ago when 'that one game' was in the many hundreds of dollars.
As said above, might not be the case here at $6k+

The price makes it a very tough sell unless you are a die hard fan of The Jetsons.

I would imagine a guy willing to spend 6K+ for a machine will do a quick Google search to see what other options he has at that price point.

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Nice catch , they fixed it now
Looks nice but seems bit dull at the same time will see how it plays and hold interest long term

It's 'dull' by design. It's supposed to be simple and straight forward. To most hardcore pinball players/collectors, that will be boring. Oh well. Nick wanted the game made as is based on feedback he's gotten from his very large client base. Hopefully he didn't read that feedback wrong.

#693 7 years ago

The flippers felt high to me. Hitting the Spacely shot on the left was the very end of the flipper, where I would be Shatzing other games. I was able to hit it a few times though.

I did enjoy playing it, but struggled to get further than I wanted.

I asked Charlie who came up with the skill shot and he said it was @fawzmagames. That is unique and clever, so kudos there for sure.

#694 7 years ago

This seems like it is really coming along. The added toys really bring the PF together. Should be a hit for the intended market.

As per the second guessing and everything else that Pinside does best, I am guessing Pinball Company knows their target demo and customer base better than we do and more than likely did a bit of research before dumping 1/2 million of their own cash into this project.

Finally a company that does everything they are supposed to (got proper licensing, self funding the build, etc) and people still find fault. This hobby is its own worst enemy. Who the heck would want to subject themselves to such a demo. Easier money to be had making products for other hobbyists.

#695 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

This hobby is its own worst enemy.

Not the whole hobby, just the Pinside echo chamber.

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

This seems like it is really coming along. The added toys really bring the PF together. Should be a hit for the intended market.

Are any of added toys interactive or just stationary figures?

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

As per the second guessing and everything else that Pinside does best, I am guessing Pinball Company knows their target demo and customer base better than we do and more than likely did a bit of research before dumping 1/2 million of their own cash into this project.
Finally a company that does everything they are supposed to (got proper licensing, self funding the build, etc) and people still find fault.

The only fault I found was the price. Hopefully, I am dead wrong and they sell a ton of them.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are any of added toys interactive or just stationary figures?

The only fault I found was the price. Hopefully, I am dead wrong and they sell a ton of them.

Actually they will sell more than a ton of them. 200 lb each (just guessing) * 300 games / 2000 lbs (1 ton) = 30 tons of them.

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Actually they will sell more than a ton of them. 200 lb each (just guessing) * 300 games / 2000 lbs (1 ton) = 30 tons of them.

I think they will move 2.5 tons., but we'll see.

#699 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

They did say it came in a bit higher than planned and had been shooting for less. That being said, it seems like his customers have some coin and aren't digging the new Stern titles.

As per the toys, they look stationary and more cosmetic, but they make the PF feel more complete/fuller.

#700 7 years ago

was the game available to be played? I'm surprised only one person posted, maybe we're not the target audience is right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.