JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's basically down to whatever can keep pinball alive right now. I've resigned myself to there's no use fighting it, just pick whatever suits you the most and go with it. Batman, even with it's beta code, is getting a lot of play from everybody that comes over.
If Batman's not your thing, you can get Aerosmith, Jetsons, or even Elvira. Or you can choose to keep your wallet closed. Either way, you still have made a choice.

Goonies would be good...ET? How about an Atari themed pin with video modes? Retro arcade pin? Retro pin pin? Updated Football pin? Updated BTTF? lots of good retro material out there IMO...

Anyway I get it. In 2 years when batman code is done I'll grab one...Love the theme.

#602 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

In 2 years when batman code is done I'll grab one...Love the theme.

It's going to be awesome. And that's coming from a guy that really wasn't looking to buy one of these current retro themes. At the same time I don't think I need more than one.

#603 7 years ago

I'd grab one for $4000 if they don't sell @6k

#604 7 years ago

I am excited about both scooby and Elvira just wish Stern wasn't producing elvira with all there issues lately.

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinball is going through a retro theme faze right now with no real end in sight

Not just pinball. Nostalgia is selling like gangbusters in EVERY market. Even politics which I won't touch on, but let's leave it at "great again" was no accident.

For something we *can* talk about, look at video gaming. Retro speedrunning is reaching all time popularity highs, most indie games are (and have been) drawing heavily off the 16-bit era art styles and thematic approaches, 3D Platformer games are having a huge resurgence. Heck, the massive PokemonGO phenomenon? Granted that died quickly due to poor software development and bugs.

Everything nostalgic is huge right now. And from some quick research, it's not a millennials thing. Xers and Boomers have had, and are currently having, waves of intense demand for nostalgia products.

#606 7 years ago

Just think the elvira fascination is bizarre at this stage of the game.

#607 7 years ago

That picture was taken before I was born.

Shes as relevant (and good looking) today as Dr. Demento...And he has zero pins!

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Not just pinball. Nostalgia is selling like gangbusters in EVERY market.

Could be, but if I'm going to fill my house with antiques I'll go for the real thing. Except old women. I prefer the more recent models.

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Elvira 3 is not coming from Spooky.

Nor should it from any company. Snooze. Svengoolie for the win! Bone Jangler!

#610 7 years ago

That picture was taken before I was born.
Shes as relevant (and good looking) today as Dr. Demento...And he has zero pins!

Because it's not the actress, it's the character of Elvira. No one is more washed up than Kiss, but it's not the 78 year old dudes you're looking at, it's the characters and iconography they carry; and tons of people bought them.
GB actors are all dead or 80 y/o, no one gives a shit; it's based on the characters not the real people.
Don't know why that's so hard to grasp.

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel the same way, but on the other hand nobody is forcing any of us to buy it.
The more themes they release that we have zero interest in, the more money we can keep in our pockets.
Try to look on the bright side.

Always look on the bright side of life...

#612 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Not just pinball. Nostalgia is selling like gangbusters in EVERY market. Even politics which I won't touch on, but let's leave it at "great again" was no accident.
For something we *can* talk about, look at video gaming. Retro speedrunning is reaching all time popularity highs, most indie games are (and have been) drawing heavily off the 16-bit era art styles and thematic approaches, 3D Platformer games are having a huge resurgence. Heck, the massive PokemonGO phenomenon? Granted that died quickly due to poor software development and bugs.
Everything nostalgic is huge right now. And from some quick research, it's not a millennials thing. Xers and Boomers have had, and are currently having, waves of intense demand for nostalgia products.

I agree that nostalgia is in right now. The retro video game thing is so big right now. But, also look at all the movie remakes.

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I agree that nostalgia is in right now.

When nostalgia is no longer in as it is now, we will still have these $8000 nostalgic pieces that represent this current era to remember it by.

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When nostalgia is no longer in as it is now, we will still have these $8000 nostalgic pieces that represent this current era to remember it by.

True, it will be fun explaining to the next generation the relapse into older things. Like some kind of time loop!

#615 7 years ago

Nostalgia very strong atm

1j46be (resized).jpg1j46be (resized).jpg

#616 7 years ago

You left out Thunderbirds!

#617 7 years ago

For me all pinball is nostalgic!

#618 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

For me all pinball is nostalgic!

True to the point. Pinball is and always will be nostalgic. So only fitting that more nostalgic titles are being produced. Even younger people I know in their twenties talk about that one game they played as a kid and would love to have it today. As far as an Elvira 3 it would be a hit. Most of us have either owned an Elvira game or want one. Scared stiff isn't an A-title for best game play or deep rules. It's the them that makes it wanted.

#619 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

True to the point. Pinball is and always will be nostalgic. So only fitting that more nostalgic titles are being produced. Even younger people I know in their twenties talk about that one game they played as a kid and would love to have it today. As far as an Elvira 3 it would be a hit. Most of us have either owned an Elvira game or want one. Scared stiff isn't an A-title for best game play or deep rules. It's the them that makes it wanted.

Ss is just a all around good package with great art, neat toys, great lightshows, nice music and fx , also lots of ways to approach it also with the correct use of the spider wheel.

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It's the them that makes it wanted.

You mean them?

them (resized).jpgthem (resized).jpg

#621 7 years ago

He is a sexy man indeed.

DrDelviramento (resized).jpgDrDelviramento (resized).jpg

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Did you ever see any factory tour videos?

I saw the one where the guy inspecting playfields had the on-camera realization that there was no outlet near his light table for him to plug it in. That quality program?

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because it's not the actress, it's the character of Elvira. No one is more washed up than Kiss, but it's not the 78 year old dudes you're looking at, it's the characters and iconography they carry; and tons of people bought them.
GB actors are all dead or 80 y/o, no one gives a shit; it's based on the characters not the real people.
Don't know why that's so hard to grasp.

I get nostalgia. But Elvira never was KISS, or GB or even Dr. demento. She was a late night TV show host (at her height).

I didn't mean to trigger so many people and I appologize for that. I just think its weird there will be 3 elvira pins and 0 dr demento or pauly shore pins (just naming contemporaries)

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GB actors are all dead or 80 y/o

Hey hey hey. Bill Murray is 66, and I would definitely buy a Bill Murray pinball machine. They could call it BM66 or something.

#625 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I saw the one where the guy inspecting playfields had the on-camera realization that there was no outlet near his light table for him to plug it in. That quality program?

LOL

#626 7 years ago

Alright, lock this thread. It's way OT...

#627 7 years ago

Naw. Just talking about old themes while we wait for more pics or videos from the devs!

#628 7 years ago

I'd buy a cousin oliver pin but I'd like to see a brady bunch pin first...

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd grab one for $4000 ...

Me too, but doesn't seem like an option though. I'd like to lose 10 pounds too, that outcome looks certainly unlikely.

#630 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Me too, but doesn't seem like an option though. I'd like to lose 10 pounds too, that outcome looks certainly unlikely.

$6k plus shipping seems like a lot of coinage

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Perspective. I wouldn't check the box for ceramic brakes on a new Porsche based on my perspective on cars, but that doesn't stop way more than 300 people from disagreeing with me. These won't go unsold.

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agreed ...look at what awesome fully loaded pins you can get for 4800-5k shipped ..... twd, met, st, got and tons of others .

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed ...look at what awesome fully loaded pins you can get for 4800-5k shipped ..... twd, met, st, got and tons of others .

Can get a *loaded* Lotr for less I've seen TH for not too much more.

Jetsons would be good for the novelty low run, but seems just ok in terms of theme and layout. Hit GEO RGE targets mm Kay.

#634 7 years ago

I'd love to see a Dr. Strange Pinball for sure!

#635 7 years ago

The Jetsons? another pin wasted.
edit'
I should specify another new pin for me wasted, come on how about something with a little edge, a cartoon from when I was less than 10 isn't cuttin the mustard, but if you like it then I'm glad for u.

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can get a *loaded* Lotr for less I've seen TH for not too much more.
Jetsons would be good for the novelty low run, but seems just ok in terms of theme and layout. Hit GEO RGE targets mm Kay.

Yea forgot about tspp and lotr. Also tz , taf and tons of others but i was just saying nib to nib you can get a met, twd. As, gb or any stern pro delivered for 4800-5 nib.

#637 7 years ago

The price point was explained earlier in the thread, but they also compromised the price for the first 250 machines as noted in Charlie's spin off thread (when originally it was only the first 100 off the line), and I'd like to see the completely finished product. From what Nic and Charlie chimed in with, it sounds like the game will definitely have a little more meat than the original pics.

At least I know the Spooky playfields won't have ghosting or dimple at the slightest touch...like "the other's" games (and I'm not talking about the freaky people from Lost).

#638 7 years ago

I get nostalgia. But Elvira never was KISS, or GB or even Dr. demento. She was a late night TV show host (at her height).
I didn't mean to trigger so many people and I appologize for that. I just think its weird there will be 3 elvira pins and 0 dr demento or pauly shore pins (just naming contemporaries)

What makes the Elvira pins so loved is not just the sex appeal. It's the sass, the humour and innuendo. The combination of which makes for a unique pinball machine.

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

What makes the Elvira pins so loved is not just the sex appeal. It's the sass, the humour and innuendo. The combination of which makes for a unique pinball machine.

I get it. I enjoyed my scared stiff. Just not seeing the reason for 3 pins on the same theme. It's not like there's new material.

#640 7 years ago

Hey spooky.
I understand JETSONS will be at TPF. Do you anticipate it being the prototype pictured. Or a more polished version.

(Notice the likeness to my comment to the thread title

2 weeks later
#641 7 years ago

When are we going to see some video on this one? I love the theme and art work.

#642 7 years ago

I feel maybe the announcement was well ahead of plans for a stream. I hope they have something to play at TPF or MGC.

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I feel maybe the announcement was well ahead of plans for a stream. I hope they have something to play at TPF or MGC.

It was announced to be at TPF, so I think we'll know more there.

2 weeks later
#644 7 years ago

one week away. Dying to here some more news about this.

#645 7 years ago

All has been quite from spooky lately. It will be fun to play and see if person. Spooky has a drive ahead of them. Me I'm flying.

#646 7 years ago

Spooky will have some company for the drive as we are driving together.

#647 7 years ago

JET (resized).jpgJET (resized).jpg

#648 7 years ago

I don't recall the old version, anything else changed besides the added building?

#649 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't recall the old version, anything else changed besides the added building?

JETOLD (resized).jpgJETOLD (resized).jpg

#650 7 years ago

Awesome...it looks great!
More pics please. Topper looks fun. I see some improvements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 20.00
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.